Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeNY

hey guys!

after a couple of items i sold on ebay went for a bit more than i assumed they would, I ended up being able to say fuck combustion, and even fuck the arizer solo. I went with the black Pax, and couldn't be happier. However, this will be my first vape so I've got some questions.

I've done plenty of research about operating and cleaning the Pax, so I think I'm set on that. My real questions deal with what temperature and how many draws I should take to get "medicated"

I'm an extreme lightweight. One normal bowl to myself might even have me uncomfortably medicated. So how do I go about getting to a good medicated state? How many long (large) draws on the lowest temp. setting would put me where I wanted to be for one session?

And also, I think I know the answer to this question, but is having a session, turning the device off, and then using the same flowers to have another session frowned upon? I know that once you stop getting vapor from one session, it's time to kick up the termpurature, so can I use flowers already vaped on the lowest setting for a session on the medium setting?

Please let me know!

thanks

smokeNY,

HSIHP

And also, I think I know the answer to this question, but is having a session, turning the device off, and then using the same flowers to have another session frowned upon? I know that once you stop getting vapor from one session, it's time to kick up the termpurature, so can I use flowers already vaped on the lowest setting for a session on the medium setting?

Please let me know!

thanks

This is how I use my Pax, and pretty much exclusively. I usually pack about a 3/4 full oven (as tight as possible) and take 4-5 hits on Low for my first session. It's low temp vapor but I really like that and I usually only like to get a nice buzz not a complete slam. I'll keep it on Low for one or two more sessions like that then stir and bump up to medium. In total I usually get a good 5 or sometimes 6 sessions out of one pack and most of the time my battery still blinks green.

Saying that though, flavor goes down the hole quick. A good thing to do when you turn it off is to take some pulls to cool it off. I usually open the oven door a bit to get more air to cool it down quicker and this works well for me. My Pax only comes out every once in a while. IMO, it's the perfect device for flowers at any kind of concert. I've brought it to at least 7 shows at this point.

HSIHP,
Reactions: pakalolo

fire99

I just bought a brand new Pax (after the first broke within 6 months).

This thing appears to be DOA. I put it on the charger, it charges for a few seconds and then I get a blinking yellow light. Then it stops and just goes dead.

Any suggestions? Really regretting giving these guys a second chance, even though Pax works great when it works.

fire99,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I just bought a brand new Pax (after the first broke within 6 months).

This thing appears to be DOA. I put it on the charger, it charges for a few seconds and then I get a blinking yellow light. Then it stops and just goes dead.

Any suggestions? Really regretting giving these guys a second chance, even though Pax works great when it works.

Why did you buy a new one? The Pax warranty is for 10 years. The only reason I can come up with is that it didn't break—you broke it.

pakalolo,

fire99

Why did you buy a new one? The Pax warranty is for 10 years. The only reason I can come up with is that it didn't break—you broke it.

I do not feel comfortable shipping my marijuana paraphernalia across country... Not gonna take that risk for $250. I showed the guy a receipt and took a photo of it in real time, with the conversation I was having with him over the computer in the background. Tried all the troubleshooting, etc. They still would not honor the warranty. Which I don't think is right, but I do understand. So I didn't give them a hard time about it.

But to now sell a brand new Pax that apparently is broken right from the start? Ridiculous. Like I said, this is brand new so I have no problem returning it. Hopefully for a cash refund cause I dont need a 3rd of their poorly constructed product.

What does the blinking yellow light mean? I managed to charge it and then when I go to use it, it starts, but then flashes yellow. What does flashing yellow mean? After I got it to charge, it now shows green for a full battery if i shake it. But it dies within 20 seconds, blinking yellow 3 times right before it does so

fire99,

fire99

And by the way, what the hell is with the crappy customer service?

"Ploom's Support Team is available to chat live Tuesday through Friday 11 am to 4 pm PT".

Tuesday to Friday 11 to 4 :rofl: . Great effort guys :uhoh:. What a joke

fire99,

JoeKickass

I do not feel comfortable shipping my marijuana paraphernalia across country... Not gonna take that risk for $250.
No risk, I don't think we've had a single shipped Pax go amiss... I mean it doesn't look anything like a pipe or a bong and those go through the mail all the time :D

JoeKickass,

francis

Vape enthusiasms

"Ploom's Support Team is available to chat live Tuesday through Friday 11 am to 4 pm PT".

send them a email .
it's nice they offer live chat , even if its not all day everyday.

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
I've never experienced anything but excellent customer service from Ploom, but I don't know of any company that would offer a refund or replacement without returning the original item.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

If you have an issue with Ploom's Customer Service, take it up with them. We have a rule here:
  • Don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed. State your complaint and move on.
Anything further along this line will get you a warning point.

pakalolo,

fire99

Does anyone have any suggestions to fix my problem?

What does the blinking yellow light mean? It will start up as normal, run the purple light for a few seconds, then it starts to blink yellow and turns off.... It indicates the battery is fully charged.

fire99,

francis

Vape enthusiasms
Does anyone have any suggestions to fix my problem?

What does the blinking yellow light mean? It will start up as normal, run the purple light for a few seconds, then it starts to blink yellow and turns off.... It indicates the battery is fully charged.
http://vaporpedia.com/wiki/Pax
[URL]http://vaporpedia.com/wiki/Pax[/URL] said:
The "Temp Light Issue"

Lubricating the Mouthpiece Stem

Ploom has released a lubricant that resolves the temp light issue described above. The lubricant is a food-grade propylene glycol, which users can easily obtain by requesting lube packets from Ploom. Alternatively, although Ploom does not recommend using other brands, users can buy bottles of propylene glycol from many sources, including Amazon.

francis,

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
It sounds like the blue light issue I had on my first Pax. Everything starts off fine, but wouldn't finish a heat up and would flash blue and turn off. It had to be replaced. I shipped it back, after cleaning, and got a new one that has been spot on for me. Return it and either get a replacement or get your money back.

Deadshort480,

natrat

I'm an extreme lightweight. One normal bowl to myself might even have me uncomfortably medicated. So how do I go about getting to a good medicated state?

lucky you, that one normal bowl is having less and less effect on me

natrat,

Beaunaire

My first Pax absolutely failed without warning. After 3 months it suddenly wouldn't heat up and would shut off. I contacted Vapeworld on live chat and they gave me a return number, no questions. Cleaned it up real nice but couldn't get it perfect, sent it back and exactly one week to the day it died I had a new one. No problem. I don't think Ploom has worked all the bugs out yet but they and their authorized dealers stand behind the product. They're not sitting there judging what was vaped in the thing and I doubt the majority of customers are vaping mint, tobacco and essential oils. I still occasionally have to deal with the temp light issue but it's a minor nuisance once you understand it. I'd like to get a second vape of another make just to have a backup in case something ever happens because I don't want to go back to smoking, but I love this thing. Reading up on it on this forum has helped me understand some of the idiosyncrasies and how to deal with them. Portable vapes are relatively new devices and designers are grappling with all sorts of mechanical problems and prohibition doesn't help. I bet you'll see a lot of refinement over the next 5 years or so. Take advantage of the warranty, that was one of the selling points for me.

Beaunaire,

Big Guwap

We trippy mane!
hey guys been smoking for a while but new to vaping and don't know much about pros and cons of different temperature settings. so I was wondering if someone could break down the differences in the 3 temp. settings and which one you find to work best on the pax, thank you.

Big Guwap,

JoeKickass

hey guys been smoking for a while but new to vaping and don't know much about pros and cons of different temperature settings. so I was wondering if someone could break down the differences in the 3 temp. settings and which one you find to work best on the pax, thank you.
Yellow will give the best flavor, very similar to how the bud smells. The vapor will be powerful if you have a low tolerance but even if you're a veteran yellow is good to start on. Orange will give a very strong effect with acceptable taste, and red will give a narcotic effect with diminished taste, like mild combustion. Some medical users need this high temp effect.

Orange is my favorite, through a waterpiece it tastes like the bud and never ceases to get you where you want:

YeeeBuddy

I do not feel comfortable shipping my marijuana paraphernalia across country... Not gonna take that risk for $250. I showed the guy a receipt and took a photo of it in real time, with the conversation I was having with him over the computer in the background. Tried all the troubleshooting, etc. They still would not honor the warranty. Which I don't think is right, but I do understand. So I didn't give them a hard time about it.

Send that shit through USPS, they don't ask questions I know people who have shipped bud/wax without problems which i thought was crazy, give it a good cleaning and you should be fine.

YeeeBuddy,

evilistics

I've had my pax for a couple of weeks now. Thankfully mine arrived in full working condition since I had to get it ship forwarded to Australia. Returns would be a major pain in the ass.
The only issue I've faced with the Pax is the temp light issue where the mouthpiece is connected but the light stays on whatever temp you have it set on so then it doesn't heat up. I've noticed that if I wound the spring around the mouthpiece counter clockwise so that it comes out a little, this fixes that issue 100% of the time. I find I have to do this pretty often as the spring seems to screw it self into the device everytime I click the mouthpiece on and off. I use plenty of lube too, I bought some pg from an e-juice site that will last forever.

evilistics,

evilistics

Cheers Reflections, happy to be here.
I actually lurked a few hundred of these pages before I decided on buying the Pax after my Iolite finally died after 2 years. I loved my Iolite but didn't realise how rubbish it was until I got the Pax. I'm kind of glad now that it has died as the Pax is the best thing I've bought in ages. It's no fuss, quick, quiet and stealth.
I hate to say it but it has made my dosage go sky high because it is just so damn easy to get a quick toke here or there during the day (secret user). I think I've gone through more herb in the two weeks I've had the Pax then 12 months with the Iolite.

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
I hate to say it but it has made my dosage go sky high because it is just so damn easy to get a quick toke here or there during the day (secret user). I think I've gone through more herb in the two weeks I've had the Pax then 12 months with the Iolite.
That is exactly what happened to me at first, I liked it so much I was going through about a weeks worth in 2 days :lol:

Mr.Krinkle,
Reactions: xclarryx

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river
I've never experienced anything but excellent customer service from Ploom, but I don't know of any company that would offer a refund or replacement without returning the original item.

Magic Flight does for the mflb.

vaporonly,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom