• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echopleks

Canada. I used to order a lot of stuff from Europe and hadn't had anything similar. You'd think they'd want to promote trade between the U.S and Canada by having low custom fees.

What's worse? It's 100% subjective and arbitrary. Had the same ~$40 customs charge on my first Pax. Returned it, ordered a second expecting to pay again and then BAM: clears customs in minutes without any fee at all. Cash grab indeed; good things the Pax is worth it ;)

EDIT: Noticed the discussion moved on to "fuck UPS". Just thought I'd throw it out there that I specifically requested USPS (Ploom was happy to oblige) as I'd heard they have frequently lower fees. Sort of a toss up here: unit #1 I had same as Onion, second unit I had $0. So confusing.

Echopleks,

welderboy

its 4:20 somewhere.....
IMG_20130303_071333_zps102c4171.jpg
MoBy milk

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
Cool! I want a mobius bad, my friend is selling me a toro mini about that size as soon as he moves, Mini showerhead to 13 shrub its so bad ass! I havent done any battery tests in a few weeks, time flies with the pax :D I'll probably do that today just out of curiosity. Last night someone had me roll them a blunt and they told me to start it, I can barely smoke from glass now with out coughing my tits off so I declined, and everyone made fun of me :rolleyes: for being a "snob"- :lol: so this may be the one big negative I have found with getting used to vaporizers. I felt double awkward when the kid that filled the blunt packed me my own bong because he felt bad, to which I replied, "I dont want to smoke that either. sorry." Bahahaha so damn awkward. I really do not enjoy smoking to the point where I'd rather turn down free sessions. I explained why and showed him the pax, and he didnt even want to try it, meh :shrug:Some people just get rubbed the wrong way by this sort of thing I guess. I am not trying to fan-boy the pax, I have over 2 grand in glass that has been collecting dust
I just did a battery test and got 2 hours on my new one, I didnt even run it fully dead! meh:shrug:

Mr.Krinkle,

ShiftyOcelot

Hey guys I was hoping someone might be able to help me or offer some insight. After a lot of research and weighing of options I decided to invest in a pax. I got it from a certified retailer and the employees there all had one and loved it. I got mine home and charged it fully until the light was green. I then packed it tightly and fired that baby up. Started on the low heat shook it to display battery life all systems go. So I hit it level by level till the stuff was black emptied it and cleaned it after. I was in heaven and very happy with the purchase. This was two days ago. I left my device in to charge yesterday and when I went to use it today I packed it and turned it on and while the light was purple and heating up it started flashing yellow a bunch of times and the light turned off. I tried playing with it for a while.. Just clicking it on and off.. And it would not stay on. I put it back in the charger Nd it displays orange and then Also starts flashing yellow and the charging light turns off. After resituating the pax n the charger I got it to take a charge but being the battery was already full it quickly turned to a solid green light. I tried turning it on after that and got the flashing yellow light again and it turns off. . This baby is no more than 36 hrs old and worked amazing out of the box And suddenly gives me these yellow lights of death.. Unfortunately it's Sunday and pax customer service does not operate until Tuesday. Any suggestions

ShiftyOcelot,

ShiftyOcelot

Yeah basically we're seen flashing orange and blue lights signify some kind of internal malfunction but yellow is a new one to me. Does yours heat up at all or is it stone cold?
Mosy likely its the orange light and I'm just calling it yellow... but it begins to heat up purple light and then just starts flashing the yellow/orange light a couple times and turns off

welderboy

my original pax got returned for flashing blue lights and death. ploom told me it was a thermistor problem, whatever that is.....here's what wiki says..A thermistor is a type of resistor whose resistance varies significantly with temperature, more so than in standard resistors.

ShiftyOcelot

my original pax got returned for flashing blue lights and death. ploom told me it was a thermistor problem, whatever that is.....here's what wiki says..A thermistor is a type of resistor whose resistance varies significantly with temperature, more so than in standard resistors.
So basically I just got to shoot for a new one? And hope it works? How did your replacement end up working out

ShiftyOcelot,

welderboy

my replacement runs great. i got the flashing orange light once or twice on the newer unit, but it was quickly fixed by clicking the mp a couple times.

welderboy,

JoeKickass

Yeah I've seen flashing orange before and it worked after, I would try cleaning the MP/spring area maybe

my original pax got returned for flashing blue lights and death. ploom told me it was a thermistor problem

Oh ok good info, so blue means the thermometer that measures temp was broken...

JoeKickass,

Mr.Krinkle

Shpooding Time.
Hey guys I was hoping someone might be able to help me or offer some insight. After a lot of research and weighing of options I decided to invest in a pax. I got it from a certified retailer and the employees there all had one and loved it. I got mine home and charged it fully until the light was green. I then packed it tightly and fired that baby up. Started on the low heat shook it to display battery life all systems go. So I hit it level by level till the stuff was black emptied it and cleaned it after. I was in heaven and very happy with the purchase. This was two days ago. I left my device in to charge yesterday and when I went to use it today I packed it and turned it on and while the light was purple and heating up it started flashing yellow a bunch of times and the light turned off. I tried playing with it for a while.. Just clicking it on and off.. And it would not stay on. I put it back in the charger Nd it displays orange and then Also starts flashing yellow and the charging light turns off. After resituating the pax n the charger I got it to take a charge but being the battery was already full it quickly turned to a solid green light. I tried turning it on after that and got the flashing yellow light again and it turns off. . This baby is no more than 36 hrs old and worked amazing out of the box And suddenly gives me these yellow lights of death.. Unfortunately it's Sunday and pax customer service does not operate until Tuesday. Any suggestions
one of mine did this, it never heated up once brand new. I ended up taking it apart out of curiosity and the soldered joints were bad going to the oven on two of the three connectors. I also had a model that did this when it was extremely dirty. If you said you used it once and cleaned it I doubt its dirty. I'd open a chat with customer service to see if you can get it repaired.

Mr.Krinkle,

Onion_Kush

Does it move at all? Try letting it rise very slowly
It moves a little but it doesn't seem like I'll be able to get it out. I've clicked it down every way possible and tried all of the methods I've read online and nothing works. I think when I took out the metal piece on the mouthpiece to clean I didn't put it back in right, because it was immediately noticeable something was wrong (dull clicking noise). I thought I was lucky too when I didn't have any mouthpiece or temp light issues out of the box.
Does anyone know if this will be covered under warranty (even if it was my fault for breaking it)? And do I have to wait until they get my unit before they ship the replacement unit? I just hope I don't have to pay any more custom fees because I really can't afford it.

Onion_Kush,

ipax

It moves a little but it doesn't seem like I'll be able to get it out. I've clicked it down every way possible and tried all of the methods I've read online and nothing works. I think when I took out the metal piece on the mouthpiece to clean I didn't put it back in right, because it was immediately noticeable something was wrong (dull clicking noise). I thought I was lucky too when I didn't have any mouthpiece or temp light issues out of the box.
Does anyone know if this will be covered under warranty (even if it was my fault for breaking it)? And do I have to wait until they get my unit before they ship the replacement unit? I just hope I don't have to pay any more custom fees because I really can't afford it.
Maybe this is going to be a stupid idea, but why not pop the screen out from the bottom, and push something solid up the tube to push the mouthpiece out?

ipax,

Dafni

Here's one for Welderboy:

First of all, thank you for sharing your mods. I would like to upgrade the battery in my bax too.
Unfortunately I cannot spot weld taps onto batteries, but I have experience with assembling NiMH packs and hardwiring other batteries.
Don't you think a good solder connection should do the trick??
Or do you know someone who could do it for me??

Don't want to take liberties here, but would still like to ask if you would be able to do one cell for me? Like selling me a done cell, and earn some dollares for your effort??
Of course I wouldn't hold it against you if you refuse. Just thought I'll just ask.

On another note, nice Mobius/Pax setup. I have a Reti Ion coming myself, as a first high-end glass piece. Can't wait to get it. Altough I feel the drag of the Pax will kinda limit the perc action, it's still a nice compact setup.

Thanks for reading

Daf

Dafni,

welderboy

Here's one for Welderboy:

First of all, thank you for sharing your mods. I would like to upgrade the battery in my bax too.
Unfortunately I cannot spot weld taps onto batteries, but I have experience with assembling NiMH packs and hardwiring other batteries.
Don't you think a good solder connection should do the trick??
Or do you know someone who could do it for me??

Don't want to take liberties here, but would still like to ask if you would be able to do one cell for me? Like selling me a done cell, and earn some dollares for your effort??
Of course I wouldn't hold it against you if you refuse. Just thought I'll just ask.

On another note, nice Mobius/Pax setup. I have a Reti Ion coming myself, as a first high-end glass piece. Can't wait to get it. Altough I feel the drag of the Pax will kinda limit the perc action, it's still a nice compact setup.

Thanks for reading

Daf
i cant spot weld tabs either,,,i just bought batteries with the tabs already on....

welderboy,

Dafni

Thank you for the quick reply! That's what I figured I should do. But I could not find the cells you suggested with tabs.

I guess asking for an european link would be too much, but maybe you know a place that ships overseas??
Oversea shipping through a company for just one cell is a bit un-economical though, but still, I want to do this upgrade so bad.

Dafni,

Dafni

Thank you!

I don't have an ebay account, but looks like I need one now.

Thanks again!

Dafni,

Reflections

Onion_kush...i just sent my pax back..had a mouthpiece that wouldnt pop back up either..like it was welded shut...sent back to vape world and they couldnt get it open either..they sent me a new one... 3 uses so far and all is good...knocks wood...lol

Reflections,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

It sounds to me as though you replaced the sliding ring upside down when you put your MP back together. This means it will not work to release the catch. I don't believe you can fix this without opening your Pax. You can ask Ploom whether they will help you but I think that if they do, it is for the goodwill because I'm pretty sure the warranty doesn't cover this.

If they can't help, your only alternative is to open the Pax. The good news is that this is a simple thing once you get the correct screwdriver (Torx T-4). Remove the cover by pushing up firmly on the oven end. There will be some resistance but it will slide. The resistance is from two silicone O-rings at the oven end. I did not break these the first two or three times I opened mine, but eventually they did break. Once they do the cover slides easily. I can see no difference at all in the Pax without the O-rings, incidentally.

To continue, slide the cover down but be careful that the little white plastic part that covers the LED does not fall off and get lost. Slide it just enough to see the top of the catch lever, as shown here:

KrLY6.jpg

Pull this lever back slightly and your MP will literally shoot out.

The Pax warranty does not exclude opening the device. I believe (but haven't verified) that doing this does not affect your warranty.

ipax

Perhaps try heating it up with a hair dryer, or using a hand dryer in a public bathroom if that's not available.
He said he tried that too, I think. Maybe some steam? like over a pot of boiling water? if not that try freezing it haha

ipax,

the dude

Hey guys
I have had my pax for about a month no issues really. It is obviously a fidgety device and i am fine dealing with that. I wanted to ask if other people are experiencing battery indicator issues. My pax just ran on red for a good hour. The battery seems to be working normal its just the indicator does not seem to be accurate. Another question i have is how i hould make sure the screen doesnt come out when i cash it

the dude,

Beaunaire

He said he tried that too, I think. Maybe some steam? like over a pot of boiling water? if not that try freezing it haha

Then I'd say it's time to return it and get a replacement. Contact Ploom or your dealer. Vapeworld replaced mine when it failed to heat up.

Beaunaire,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom