Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvis

bricked
Vaporstore has uploaded some videos of the Pax in use and how to clean etc, also:

Elvis,

spanner

Vaporstore has uploaded some videos of the Pax in use and how to clean etc, also:

what are the clouds like compared to the inhalater as that video did not seem too impressive. SliMs videos were awesome

spanner,

Adobewan

Had I seen this rather than SliMs, the almost zero vapor production might have changed my mind. If I were Ploom, I'd consider getting a counter vid or two posted to pull back some potentially lost customers.
To all video producers, consider shooting your vapor against a dark color.

Adobewan,
Reactions: vape4life

PortVape

That is a really subjective question. I am a heavy medical user, so my tolerances are different. I also medicate for different effects. Some effects I don't need to be as medicated, while others I need to medicate more. For example, anxiety requires light constant level of medicated. Pain reduction/relief requires a stronger level of medicated. So it is really subjective. Now that being said I will answer your question. One fully packed and loaded trench gets me where I need to be for minor Pain Relief. If I am feeling stressed and only need to calm down... maybe half a session. Hope that helps quantify it more.

Few weeks ago you said you need some time to judge whether it's better than DaVinci or not. So to whom does the final vote go to?

Also, I had some questions if you could answer:

1. Do we need to wait between hits? If yes, for how much time? Wouldn't this be an issue if it's a group of 3-4 people?
2. Does it make any difference because it's a conduction vape? What would have been different if it was convection?

PortVape,

OpalinDays

I saw some vapor here and there, but it lookedvery thin against the white Pax box.
The camera angle could have been better too..

OpalinDays,
New here. Been lurking for a while and finally decided to make a SN. I've been using an extreme Q for a couple of years and now want a portable solution. With the puffit's issues I've decided that the pax is most intriguing.

I have a question about the clouds. Aren't clouds technically smoke? Vapor would be evaporated said chemicals of interest on the exterior portion of the herb. Isn't anything else that gets burned off and turned into dust the remnants that you refer to as clouds? I understand that general combustion occurs at higher temps but exterior portions of herb would be the first to get excited by theconstant delivery of heat. Someone educate me I've been doing this for a while without much thought put into it.

Secondly, can someone elaborate as to how harsh the pax would feel? On the extemeQ the vapor builds up in a bag and cools a bit, technically, before being inhaled. Using the whip at temps above 392 F feels harsh. I believe that is my throat wondering why I'm inhaling air that hot. It hurts more than smoking at times. Granted, tar coats the throat and anesthesizes nerve endings. Would drawing directly out of a Pax give me a similar harsh feeling? I noticed SliM, an aggressive user, coughing quite a bit in his video.

I am so borderline about purchasing the pax. The coralreefer coupon no longer works on vape world btw. I was just about to pull the trigger.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Had I seen this rather than SliMs, the almost zero vapor production might have changed my mind. If I were Ploom, I'd consider getting a counter vid or two posted to pull back some potentially lost customers.
To all video producers, consider shooting your vapor against a dark color.

Also that is not cannabis. That is chamomile. It will produce different vapor results. I even paused it to see if it was cannabis but they just called it Camomile. It looks more like Camomile flowers.

I also load my oven before I turn it on. Lasers to show vapor production has always been a turn off for me. It always makes me think a device produces "weak" vapor when I see someone pull out a laser. I thought the same thing when I saw someone do that with a DaVinci. It almost turned me off to the DaVinci because of that video. Now I just ignore videos with lasers in them.

I did a video with the cloud the other day... you would have sworn by the lighting that it produced a weak vapor cloud. I actually trashed the video. I did not want to mislead anyone by uploading a video that made the product look bad due to my lighting or filming. The way you film the videos really can affect the end result. Hopefully others can start to see why I don't rush in to making videos or statements about products so quickly.

I have to run for now. I will answer the questions I got later.

vape4life

Banned for life
Secondly, can someone elaborate as to how harsh the pax would feel? On the extemeQ the vapor builds up in a bag and cools a bit, technically, before being inhaled. Using the whip at temps above 392 F feels harsh. I believe that is my throat wondering why I'm inhaling air that hot. It hurts more than smoking at times. Granted, tar coats the throat and anesthesizes nerve endings. .

Quite interesting, I think I have just experienced this although i'm not certain. After using the Solo for the past year, and constantly coughing, etc. due to the heat, I switched to the Cloud, and after 2 months tried the Solo and can't even use it because I find it too hot and harsh. I'm sure water filtration would solve this, but I have a Cloud already for home and the point of this is portable.

SliM indicated that the PAX "feels" like a joint, and can be quite hot/harsh, similar and maybe worse than the Solo.

Still keeping an eye on this vape, and the inhalater...

½oz

Launched!
That video almost makes me want to cancel my preorder. If not for seeing SliM's vapor cloud vids on youtube, it would have already happened. Can't wait to see your new review SliM!!!

½oz,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I wanted to see what would happen if I did not clean it for a long time. I went quite a long time... about 3x longer then I normally would. I think I did about 12 or so sessions out of the unit. Eventually the mouthpiece started to get stuck as it was coming out of the device. The motion of the clicking was kind of "sticky". I did a quick clean in the mouthpiece tube and the vapor tube and the clicking works smoothly again.

Slightly Medicated,

Elvis

bricked
Yeah he did say it was camomile! Although is did look like a different herb to me..
Is the charger on this unit international? I asked vape world but they said they're not shipping the unit outside of the US / Canada..

Elvis,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I do not think it is an international charger. I heard that one malfunctioned while charging for another user. They were from Europe. Not sure if that had anything to do with the malfunction or not. The charger base is separate from the power cord part. You might be able to get the appropriate adapter... although I have no idea.

Slightly Medicated,

Elvis

bricked
I do not think it is an international charger. I heard that one malfunctioned while charging for another user. They were from Europe. Not sure if that had anything to do with the malfunction or not. The charger base is separate from the power cord part. You might be able to get the appropriate adapter... although I have no idea.
Thanks for clearing that up. I'll have to wait until the is launched by the looks of it!

Elvis,

cow-a-bunga

The Pax charger accepts 100-120 volts. The voltage throughout Europe is 220.

I asked Pax about a Euro or USB charger. Their reply:
Pax said:
Thank you for your interest in our products!

Right now, we are only selling in United States and Canada, but will be expanding in the future. I'm sure that if we go to Europe we will include the appropriate charger. I don't have any info on the USB charger other than it's been in demand, so, we'll at least consider it. To stay up to date on the latest from Ploom, please feel free to follow us on Facebook/Twitter or to subscribe to our newsletter.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask!

Best,
Zach.

edit:
Us europeans must get a voltage converter adapter to use the Ploom. :(

cow-a-bunga,

Vapor Junkie

Hi guys new member here. Been lurking for 6 months or so and this forum led me to my first(and only) vape purchase of an Extreme Q a few months ago. Prior to the Extreme I was combusting daily for the past 12 years, and since getting it I am totally combustion free and loving it!

Anyway I just preordered a PAX and I'm literally freaking out with anticipation. This thing is like the portable vape of my DREAMS! I can't wait to be medicating at family events or when I'm on the road coming home from work while still being totally discreet.

August needs to come faster! :)

New to this forum (and vaporizing), glad to say it lead me to buy my first vaporizer the Pax. Loving all the great videos SliM! Cant wait to break this device in this time next week.:party:

Ethan Morrissey,
That suck that viral
New here. Been lurking for a while and finally decided to make a SN. I've been using an extreme Q for a couple of years and now want a portable solution. With the puffit's issues I've decided that the pax is most intriguing.

I have a question about the clouds. Aren't clouds technically smoke? Vapor would be evaporated said chemicals of interest on the exterior portion of the herb. Isn't anything else that gets burned off and turned into dust the remnants that you refer to as clouds? I understand that general combustion occurs at higher temps but exterior portions of herb would be the first to get excited by theconstant delivery of heat. Someone educate me I've been doing this for a while without much thought put into it.

Secondly, can someone elaborate as to how harsh the pax would feel? On the extemeQ the vapor builds up in a bag and cools a bit, technically, before being inhaled. Using the whip at temps above 392 F feels harsh. I believe that is my throat wondering why I'm inhaling air that hot. It hurts more than smoking at times. Granted, tar coats the throat and anesthesizes nerve endings. Would drawing directly out of a Pax give me a similar harsh feeling? I noticed SliM, an aggressive user, coughing quite a bit in his video.

I am so borderline about purchasing the pax. The coralreefer coupon no longer works on vape world btw. I was just about to pull the trigger.

That sucks that coralreefer isn't working any more. I ended up getting another 5% off code from VapeWorld's FC profile. Try "5-OFF-12"

MASSroll

Hey SliM, hows the battery life up against the Thermovapes and the Persei? Hoping you could shed some light :peace:

MASSroll,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
The battery life is much better then the ThermoVape products. No experience with the Persei yet, so I can't compare. The PAX and the Inhalator are really close in battery life. So close that I can't quite tell. The PAX might win by maybe 10-20 minutes.

Slightly Medicated,
It will be interesting to see if we do get the Pax in Australia in August as advised by Au.Vapes - especially now that Pax have advised 'Right now, we are only selling in United States and Canada, but will be expanding in the future.'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom