Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
SoOoOoOoooOOOooo I wanted to have the cleaning video done and the video review. I ran in to a road bump when I got my new microphone. I need a stand for it so that I can put it on the table. All of the connectors/adapters I had were the wrong size. Once I get the proper adapter I will be able to get back to work.

Slightly Medicated,

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
Just pulled the trigger on a black Pax through Vapeworld. I decided to go on a T break until my pax arrives and August 2nd can't come sooner.

tranceporter,

BryE23

Side Effects: Hungry,Happy,Sleepy, thats it!
I just signed up to the forum and pre-ordered a Pax from the Ploom site as I have been following this thread and Slightly's videos on YouTube. I must say both the forum and Slightly specifically have been amazingly informative and it is much appreciated to say the least!

BryE23,

Adobewan

Yeah kudos definitely to SliM! Those videos sealed the deal for me as well
Ditto!
Purchasing today. Ellen @ VapeWorld is giving me a FC discount which is also tax free(outside FLA)with free overnight shipping, including the free grinder.

Should be in the waiting room with you guys soon enough!

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
Ditto!
Purchasing today. Ellen @ VapeWorld is giving me a FC discount which is also tax free(outside FLA)with free overnight shipping, including the free grinder.

Should be in the waiting room with you guys soon enough!

Ellen is awesome she hooked me up as well.

tranceporter,

BryE23

I paid the straight $249 from Ploom, no taxes, Free overnight Shipping! Now I just need to find a more reliable hookup (last I got was some crap sprayed with chem, ughh, had to throw it out) and I will be "slightly medicated" as much as needed (IBS-D and Anxiety) I have never vaped before, so I am looking forward to this!!

BryE23,

BryE23

You can't tell by my Avatar? haha, j/k I am in MA, not a 420 state yet, but on the ballot come Nov, so crossing my fingers, and voting of course!!

BryE23,
Reactions: Azathoth

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Thanks for all the compliments. I really appreciate them. It is nice to know that the effort I put in to things makes a difference. I should have the official video review soon, as well as a cleaning video. I just need to get some adapters for my microphone equipment.

I can't wait for others to get their hands on the device. I am anxious to see what other users think. I am hopeful everyone will enjoy the device like I have. I feel a since of personal responsibility when I recommend a device. I want everyone to enjoy their devices. :tup:

Brye I think you will enjoy the device. Since you have not vaporized before, I think this will be a good first device for you.

The only thing I really wish the PAX has was some different mouthpieces. I would really like a water pipe adapter, and also a longer mouthpiece.

BryE23

Thanks Adobewan, it would be wonderful if we could get it passed!

BryE23,

nufc

HAvnt stopped checking this thread since i placed my preorder through Pax about 2 weeks ago... getting a black one... get ur damn cords right and make the next vid SliM i am going nutsss need some new pax news, videos or whatever til i get my wonderful device

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
HAvnt stopped checking this thread since i placed my preorder through Pax about 2 weeks ago... getting a black one... get ur damn cords right and make the next vid SliM i am going nutsss need some new pax news, videos or whatever til i get my wonderful device

Well I got the stuff I needed so YAY! I will make progress this week. I hope to have the cleaning and review videos done by Friday.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: JoeKickass

JoeKickass

You should throw a smiley or a lol in there somewhere considering your first post is demanding a veteran member to make a video... they take a lot of work you know!

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
they take a lot of work you know!

I figured it was mostly playful. I inserted the smiley faces.

You are right thought... it takes allot of work. I am a perfectionist too so it takes even more then it should. I would say a video review takes about 9-10 hours of work. When I do an review article and video for the blog with picutres it can take 10-20 hours of work. I just depends on how in depth I am getting in the writing. Even a short usage video takes me 2-5 hours with shooting, editing, uploading, and posting. I don't mind the extra time, I know that it is required to make something of the caliber that I can be proud of.

I thought about doing the video review outside during a nice day. We shall see though. I am trying to experiment with this video review to get a format that I really like and want to continue with going forward.

Instead of giving everything a score.. I think I will quantify my reviews in a different sense. The major important factor being... if this broke today and it was out of warranty would I rush out to replace it with another one. I think that says ALLOT about how you feel about a product.

Anyway Joe thanks for recognizing the amount of work that goes in to what I try and produce. :cheers:

nufc

I figured it was mostly playful. I inserted the smiley faces.

ya nothing malicious.. this thread has been awesome to watch new updates and info etc.. the videos have been awesome as has SliM

i am actually a combuster right now but i want to begin fu(king combustion with the pax in august... big liftime change but me (and my lungs) need to stop smpking the retarded amount i do..

will be watching this space closely (more like obsessively) thanks for all the hard work and i cant wait to become a true vaporizer!

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
Man August cannot come fast enough. Day two of my t break and It seems I can't sleep a full night. Hopefully I'll be able to sleep more than 5 hours before my Pax arrives lol.

tranceporter,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
^^
when I last ran out of weed it took me two weeks to get to where I was not having any issues with sleep or crankiness. But after that (I went a month without) I had no desire, so resuming was a choice.

stickstones,

½oz

Launched!
SliM,

Great reviews, great responses. I just preordered the Pax, how would you relate it to an Iolite in terms of draw amount, and also overall medication? I had a hard time feeling medicated from the Iolite and eventually sold it. I have been a regular "smoker" for 15+ years and have a good tolerance. I am looking for something better on my lungs but still would like a highly "medicated" feeling. Thoughts?

½oz,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I just got back home from dinner. My back was hurting on the car ride home so I brought out the PAX. I decided I only wanted a little so I loaded about 1/3rd full. You have to hit the device a little differently when you load so little in. It works more like a MFLB then. Super slow draws will give the oven enough time to cook off some vapor for you. I would shake it in between each hit as well. It is not as satisfying as a fully packed and loaded oven. A fully loaded oven preforms much better. That beign said though, if you want to lightly medicate so you can.

I have an iOlite as well. It never did it for me. It worked back in 2009 when it and the MFLB were like the only two portable options. The butane freaked me out... it might not others but it did me. I swear I could smell it being used up and evaporating... I don't like that. The vapor density is much thicker. There is less technique involved with the PAX. Overall I like the PAX way more then the iOlite... I think that might be why I never even really mentioned or drew a comparison between the two devices.

I think the key is that you want to give the unit 5-10 second between hits. This helps let thins build up a little and gives you thicker more satisfying almost joint like hits. There are very few vaporizers that I can do smoke tricks with... this is one. I can blow vapor rings with a fully packed oven....

½oz

Launched!
I can't wait until Aug 2nd. You owe me a napkin for the drool on my keyboard.

1 more ? How many hard hits before you get the full effect?

½oz,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom