Discontinued Pax Vaporizer by Ploom

Status
Not open for further replies.
All preorder paxi (sorry don't know the plural of pax) are shipping today for tomorrow delivery, all batch one orders are sold out!

Actually confirmed that the onyx pax have shipped for Next day

mod note: back-toback posts, merged. Please use the edit button, thanks. Also, if you are a vendor then please read the rules for vendors here and refrain from posting until you have contacted vtac.

imcowman

So I'm new to posting here, but I've been reading these forums for a while now. I just wanted to give you guys the heads up, I just got this email:
Hello,
Thank you for pre-ordering Pax and joining the club of inaugural Pax owners. All Cobalt and Amethyst Pax pre-orders are now anticipated to ship by August 15th. We commend you on your choice of color and assure you that Pax is worth the wait.
Cheers,
Ploom

I'm pretty upset about this. I am leaving home for a month starting the 10th, and I was hoping to have the Pax by the time I left. Now I have to wait until September... >:(

imcowman,

JCat

Accessory Maker
So I'm new to posting here, but I've been reading these forums for a while now. I just wanted to give you guys the heads up, I just got this email:

I'm pretty upset about this. I am leaving home for a month starting the 10th, and I was hoping to have the Pax by the time I left. Now I have to wait until September... >:(

That's why I specified "Black", but don't care ... whatever is available first.

PV e-mailed me and said the shipments aren't going out to vendors until the same date as pre-orders ... Aug. 1st ... so if you ordered from PV, it won't ship until a little after the 1st.

JCat,

JoeKickass

All preorder paxi (sorry don't know the plural of pax) are shipping today for tomorrow delivery, all batch one orders are sold out!

Actually confirmed that the onyx pax have shipped for Next day
:suspicious:
I'm assuming you aren't a vendor, did you talk to them or something?
:suspicious:

Pre-ordering is always a gamble, I would just cancel and then buy it when you get back so it doesn't sit on your doorstep for weeks. Or you could tell them to ship it to your vacation address, that could be fun! ;):spliff:

JoeKickass,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Me too! I'm pretty confident that it shouldn't though, I don't think they would have pre-sold it if they were concerned about lengthy delays. I sent them an e-mail just to see where things are at and if they've heard anything, so I'll let you know if I hear any news back.

Yea... I also don't think they would have sent me a unit to review if they were not close to shipping... I have some bad news about the review video. It have to delay it another day. I got a call this morning, and I need to leave to go on a photo gig, so I don't have time to work today.

Slightly Medicated,
VapeWorld has pdated their order page to

Pre-order now to receive free overnight shipping when Pax becomes available any US or Canada address. Anticipated shipping date: August 15th, 2012.

I assume this is for new orders only as i just checked my order status and it suowed as "shipped". I ordered the black one for reference.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
VapeWorld has pdated their order page to

Pre-order now to receive free overnight shipping when Pax becomes available any US or Canada address. Anticipated shipping date: August 15th, 2012.

I assume this is for new orders only as i just checked my order status and it suowed as "shipped". I ordered the black one for reference.

Wait, so your order has shipped to you?

BTW we have to be careful about discussing when it should ship. The moderators only like is to discuss functionally and not shipping issues. They made a point to tell poeple in the puff-it thread to not talk about shipping issues.

Slightly Medicated,
My mistake,I didn't catch that part.

I don't really know if it has or not.....that's just what my order status says. I have not been emailed any type of tracking as of today.

ZombieJester,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
BTW we have to be careful about discussing when it should ship. The moderators only like is to discuss functionally and not shipping issues. They made a point to tell poeple in the puff-it thread to not talk about shipping issues.

This is correct. The PuffIt thread got full of posts like that and momofothegoons famously cracked her whip.

Clearly when a pre-ordered device starts shipping it is useful to let people know. One post is enough, however. What we don't want is a thread full of "I ordered mine on xxx, when did you order?" and "Oh boy! I got my tracking email!" That sort of post does not advance the discussion and clutters the thread for people looking for useful information. Caution is advised.

pakalolo,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I looked in to it. Here is the news from VapeWorld:

Black units: The black have arrived and pre-orders are starting to ship.
Blue/Purple units: There was a slight delay in the manufacturing. They are going to be shipped out starting on the 15th of August.
Accessories: The mouthpieces, screens and other accessories will start shipping the 15th of August as well.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: JoeKickass

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I looked in to it. Here is the news from VapeWorld:

Black units: The black have arrived and pre-orders are starting to ship.
Blue/Purple units: There was a slight delay in the manufacturing. They are going to be shipped out starting on the 15th of August.
Accessories: The mouthpieces, screens and other accessories will start shipping the 15th of August as well.

Excellent. There'll be no more posts about shipping then.

pakalolo,

nufc

Hello!
Thank you for pre-ordering Pax, making you among the first-ever owners of the only premium vaporizer on the market. All Onyx Pax pre-orders have now officially shipped with complimentary overnight shipping.
Please note if you have ordered a Pax mouthpiece, oven lid, pack of screens or spare charging kit, these items are anticipated to ship by August 15th.
We can't wait to hear what you think of Pax and would love if you'd share the experience via comments and photos at Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and testimonial at ploom.com/pax.
Thanks again for being one of the inaugural Pax owners.
Cheers,
Ploom
SOOO PUMPED... I ordered through ploom themselves

nufc,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
I still dont get this.. Its like. We can talk about cars but we cant talk about when a new car will be shipped by the dealer.. Blah......

Kuroth1,

terpsfan726

First post here guys
So I already had the MLB but it was lost :(. So now I am debating on getting the Pax, MLB, solo, or davinci. Which would you guys recommend, hopefully slightly medicated could kindly add his two cents on this. I liked the MLB butte batteries were inconvenient. Thanks guys

terpsfan726,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I still dont get this.. Its like. We can talk about cars but we cant talk about when a new car will be shipped by the dealer.. Blah......

This has been explained. Constant posts about shipping clutter up the thread and make it difficult for people to find real information.

We have another rule:

Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the site. If you have any concerns or queries relating to a staff decision please take it up in private with a staff member.​

pakalolo,

suhbliem

Grower
I didn't see it posted yet - how is the heat in the vapor with these? does it irritate your throat like the davinci does?

suhbliem,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I didn't see it posted yet - how is the heat in the vapor with these? does it irritate your throat like the davinci does?

Personally, all of the portables or any vaporizer you do not run through water filtration irritates my throat. This device is about the same as the DaVinci in terms of irritation for me.

Slightly Medicated,

jhpfunk

My new black Pax arrived today. After seeing the posts yesterday about the accelerated delivery date, I called Ellen at VW and she was able to get mine here today by noon. It was an extra $35, but I'm leaving town bright and early tomorrow and I'd rather have my new toy with me. As it will be transported in my suitcase, I'm electing to wait until I get to Vegas to try it out so that it's fresh and scent free. It's killing me.

My initial impression is that I'm impressed. The unit seems well built...much like the Davinci. It's really small and nicely sized...kind of like a large lighter. That makes it much more portable than the DV. The small stylish booklet gives the very basic directions and is a quick browse. I charged it and it was fully charged in an hour. Also outstanding. The color codes for battery life and temperature are great.

Initially, I have 3 very mild criticisms: 1) it would have been nice to come with some kind of pouch or case for travel. I could always wrap it in a sock, but the Iolite and WHISPR both came with them and those are far more inferior units. 2) Clicking it off isn't a mind bender, but you do have to be fairly precise and listen for the first click. If you apply too much pressure and it clicks twice it won't stay in the off position. 3) The over door lid/bottom of the unit doesn't seem to be as locked in as I'd prefer. It doesn't fall out even with the most aggressive shake, but it does pivot. How will that fare in a pocket...will the herbs fall out? It seems no more loose than the video reviews, but we'll have to see when it's in my pocket with other items.

I'll be giving a full report when I get back after using it heavily for 3 days. Enjoy your new vapes, mi amigos!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom