Pax - All Models

Maryjanie

So I'm looking for my next grab for 420. I''ve never owned or used a Pax. I own a couple of davinci's. Argo. Fury. Firefly 2+. I tend to use my Davinci miqro more than anything bc it's quick, small, and easy but the battery life sucks. The heat up time and battery of a pax looks nice but I've read so many mixed reviews over the years. My #1 concern though is clean vaping (medical grade). I don't want to be inhaling glues & plastics or over electronics etc. I'm stuck between pax or an arizer air max bc I do miss my og air that I sold a long time ago. Convince my why I should or shouldn't get a pax.😁

Maryjanie,

Pukka

The Pax and Miqro win the "Most Tiniest device I own". Not my favorite for conduction devices (Elev8's SideKick is king here) but I don't hate it (Flowermate Anything, anyone?). The Pax's vapor path is stainless to it's exit in the plastic top button/piece and silicon mouthpiece. Kind of a bitch to clean, those long, thin bristle brushes you use to clean drinking straws work great and are cheap enough (Amazon or China-mart) to just toss when they get gross. Kind of stanky, end caps or a small smell-proof case fix that. CS can be horrible, but with patience and politeness it can be overcome. I own both a 2 and a 3, both still work well despite their age.

That's pretty much all.

So I'm looking for my next grab for 420. I''ve never owned or used a Pax. I own a couple of davinci's. Argo. Fury. Firefly 2+. I tend to use my Davinci miqro more than anything bc it's quick, small, and easy but the battery life sucks. The heat up time and battery of a pax looks nice but I've read so many mixed reviews over the years. My #1 concern though is clean vaping (medical grade). I don't want to be inhaling glues & plastics or over electronics etc. I'm stuck between pax or an arizer air max bc I do miss my og air that I sold a long time ago. Convince my why I should or shouldn't get a pax.😁
Pax is pretty clean with a stainless steel vapor path and then silicone mouthpieces. hoepfully the high heat resistant plastic used for the oven lid has been improved. during the release of the pax 3 i remember reports of them having heat damage and such. I think i physically saw it on one unit. I also ran into a pax 2 having the herb combust one time but this was years ago. They've steadily made improvements as they went along.

Me myself i'm partial to the airvape line and their warranty. they have done well by me and i switched from a pax supporter to apollo airvape. If they had any significant upgrades to the pax I might be down to go in again. but i have owned multiple 2's and 3's (i worked for them for a while) and spread pax love plenty enough.

Oddly the latest airvape model is similar to a davinci IQ in how it's loaded and used.

Another thing i will mention about the PAX is the Vapor Path needs to be cleaned regularly. Forcing through the path is notorious for breaking the vapor path and ruining a pax. I've seen this with creative ideas to clean the path such as with skewer sticks or q tips. So that is another thing to be forewarned about. FYI My pax 3 has been with me for years without any issue and is still going strong after over half a decade.

Choices

Depending on how varied you want your experience, my Pax Mini serves me well as a simple to use no nonsense device. It scales up temperature as you use it. It avoids the half pack as it holds a smaller amount, 0.25 grams. Great for walks wear you might need to suddenly be discreet. The charger being proprietary is for some a nuisance but since it goes for many sessions it isn’t much of an issue for me. Good luck with your choice/decision!

Satchmo

the pax 2 & 3 are my go to devices and I've owned and used s&b, arizer, davinci and the firefly... the pax's definitely need the upgraded aftermarket oven lid to get the most out of it. the airpath is the easiest to clean completely other than the firefly. pipe cleaners and a little iso go a long way... the davinci has an area (gasket) that collects resin and it's impossible to clean, the resin gets iso on it but you can't clean under the gasket and it is part of the vapor path.. just nasty.

and if you can get a pax 3 the app really makes it awesome

maremaresing

Pax includes a long cleaning brush rod. Use that, or buy one yourself. No need to force anything and break the device. Takes like 30 seconds to clean it, and you really don't need to clean it often. I'll never understand the complaints on cleaning the pax, as it's the simplest and most straightforward device to clean. There is a popular butane vape that builds resin faster and is far more involved to clean, but you never hear a peep about cleaning it.

Pax def needs the half pack lid, though. It requires .5g dry herb to work right, and most people don't want to put that much in, and thus get poor results from their conduction vape.

Anyway I like my pax 2 a lot, especially when I want a sipper to puff forever on.

Maryjanie

Pax is pretty clean with a stainless steel vapor path and then silicone mouthpieces. hoepfully the high heat resistant plastic used for the oven lid has been improved. during the release of the pax 3 i remember reports of them having heat damage and such. I think i physically saw it on one unit. I also ran into a pax 2 having the herb combust one time but this was years ago. They've steadily made improvements as they went along.

Me myself i'm partial to the airvape line and their warranty. they have done well by me and i switched from a pax supporter to apollo airvape. If they had any significant upgrades to the pax I might be down to go in again. but i have owned multiple 2's and 3's (i worked for them for a while) and spread pax love plenty enough.

Oddly the latest airvape model is similar to a davinci IQ in how it's loaded and used.

Another thing i will mention about the PAX is the Vapor Path needs to be cleaned regularly. Forcing through the path is notorious for breaking the vapor path and ruining a pax. I've seen this with creative ideas to clean the path such as with skewer sticks or q tips. So that is another thing to be forewarned about. FYI My pax 3 has been with me for years without any issue and is still going strong after over half a decade.
I've not heard of airvape. I'll check them out. Thanks!

Depending on how varied you want your experience, my Pax Mini serves me well as a simple to use no nonsense device. It scales up temperature as you use it. It avoids the half pack as it holds a smaller amount, 0.25 grams. Great for walks wear you might need to suddenly be discreet. The charger being proprietary is for some a nuisance but since it goes for many sessions it isn’t much of an issue for me. Good luck with your choice/decision!
Do you need to buy a new screen or lid for it?

Maryjanie,

Satchmo

no need for a new screen but the oven lid with the titanium pusher threaded on it makes it so much better. and if you do purchase it request the lid with the longer threaded rod, that way you can half pack the oven...

ltv

Pax includes a long cleaning brush rod. Use that, or buy one yourself. No need to force anything and break the device. Takes like 30 seconds to clean it, and you really don't need to clean it often. I'll never understand the complaints on cleaning the pax, as it's the simplest and most straightforward device to clean. There is a popular butane vape that builds resin faster and is far more involved to clean, but you never hear a peep about cleaning it.

Pax def needs the half pack lid, though. It requires .5g dry herb to work right, and most people don't want to put that much in, and thus get poor results from their conduction vape.

Anyway I like my pax 2 a lot, especially when I want a sipper to puff forever on.
Well stated.
no need for a new screen but the oven lid with the titanium pusher threaded on it makes it so much better. and if you do purchase it request the lid with the longer threaded rod, that way you can half pack the oven...
I get good results using the longer oven cover. It enables less flower for those times when less is the goal with less waste.

Is posting a pic from a phone possible?

Choices

Do you need to buy a new screen or lid for it?
Not at all! The oven is designed to only hold half as much as the other Pax models. Also if you decide to get one, I’d also get the silicone sleeve. It is much easier to hold and provides a bit of protection from the occasional drop…

Maryjanie

Would ai need both of those lids? I'm not sure which one to order or both?

Maryjanie,

Maryjanie

Should I get the Pax 3 I found on sale for $119 or the Plus for $145? I'm thinking if I go the Pax3 route I need to factor in buying the new 3D oven screens which already come with the Plus model. I read somewhere that the Plus only heats up while your toking vs the the 3 keeps baking the entire time it's turned on? If that's the case then Plus is my answer. Can anyone clarify this for me? And tell me why you like one better than the other. Thanks!

Maryjanie,

Satchmo

the pax 3 works with the app and the plus doesn't. the app gives you complete control over the oven temp.. where can I get one for $119?
the 3d screens don't make much difference and they fall out every time you dump the oven.

Satchmo,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Maryjanie

I'm interested also. Cheapist option on Vapospy is 50usd higher...
Yeah hell. I can't find it now. I thought I book marked the page. Maybe I was looking at it cross eyed. I thought it was Cityvape but it wasn't. Sorry folks.

Maryjanie,
  • Sad
Reactions: Pukka

Tellus

Human (H. sapiens x H. neanderthalensis)
Should I get the Pax 3 I found on sale for $119 or the Plus for $145? I'm thinking if I go the Pax3 route I need to factor in buying the new 3D oven screens which already come with the Plus model. I read somewhere that the Plus only heats up while your toking vs the the 3 keeps baking the entire time it's turned on? If that's the case then Plus is my answer. Can anyone clarify this for me? And tell me why you like one better than the other. Thanks!
I have the pax 3. But I know that the plus functions very much like the 3 & both have the same smart feature for turning off the oven in between hits. The 3 has bigger battery too?

the pax 3 works with the app and the plus doesn't. the app gives you complete control over the oven temp.. where can I get one for $119?
the 3d screens don't make much difference and they fall out every time you dump the oven.
I bought the 3d screens for my pax 3 & for me was a noticeable difference, I like it better & hasn't fallen out once

I found it. It was Planot of the Vapes lightly used. They are freaking out of stock now.
That was a good price.. I got mine on sale & was more than that

Tellus,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Scrillz

Does ANYBODY make dosing caps for the mini? I love my mini, but lack of dosing caps makes the the Plus better on-the-go (with budkups and a case) since it's only slightly bigger than the mini.

Scrillz,

Maryjanie

I just bought my first Pax lightly used from POTV and I dont have it yet. I am aware of everything negative and positive about this device. I have many others to choose from. I've just always wanted one for out and about. I have read that even the half pack lid holds too much. Has anyone figured out a way to get around the same amount an arizer air holds in there or less effectively?

Maryjanie,

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I just bought my first Pax lightly used from POTV and I dont have it yet. I am aware of everything negative and positive about this device. I have many others to choose from. I've just always wanted one for out and about. I have read that even the half pack lid holds too much. Has anyone figured out a way to get around the same amount an arizer air holds in there or less effectively?
I don’t know how much air holds (haven’t used mine in years), but this is what you need to be able to use smaller amounts.
To work well, pack in enough so top of screw touched bottom of lid.
Hope you enjoy it, let us know how it goes!

Jill NYC,
Reactions: Maryjanie

Maryjanie

Maryjanie,
Top Bottom