• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Orion Induction Heater

DHV8654

I still have a long time before my number is called. I love that batteries can be replaced so easily.
I have a long time too, but I am so close to just getting the orion. I really do like how the flux deluxe has removable batteries. Decisions

The Fluxer is probably right about the same size. Looking forward to seeing them side by side.
So you ordered the orion?

almost there

No need to handcuff yourself, they are sold out of the Orion.
it's been like that throughout the day yesterday, they'll fix it. I can't imagine it's sold out since it's not been released to the general public yet:lol:

almost there,

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
I have a long time too, but I am so close to just getting the orion. I really do like how the flux deluxe has removable batteries. Decisions

the flux is also more customizable for the user, but damn it’s a sexy lil beast.

acstorfer,
Reactions: mero614

cilantro

Flavor Chaser/Slava Ukraini 🇺🇦✊
I believe they said Sep 17 availability for the general public. I have an Apollo 2, Fluxer Deluxe. I don't even use them that much as I prefer the analog torch feel of single flame. But dammit I ordered the Orion! IHAS is a thing now apparently. 🙃

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
I've handcuffed my hands away from the computer. I want one really bad and it is more than VAS. Really! I'm serious... V A S has nothing to do with it. I neeeeeeed it!
Of course VAS has nothing to do with it, it's only for research and experiments right? :science:

I've been disappointed when I got the first Apollo, the switch wasn't reliable and the coil wasn't powerful enough, these problems were resolved with the Apollo 2. I don't want to live the same experience if the Orion develop problems after the lunch and they release a new model later so I'll let some time pass before I consider to get one.

If it's the same size as a Flux Deluxe and more expensive then the removable batteries of the FD makes it a no brainer for me. The technology in the Orion is nice but the battery life is too important for me. If the Orion had the same battery but was smaller it would be very interesting, the next model will have to do either a bigger battery or a smaller casing to get me to buy one.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I know it's only a small trigger to get me to push go between now and tomorrow evening. Still there snug in the basket. W/ 2 magnets now that I found them.

Jethro

I am suprised to hear they are similar sizes and actually the FD seems to be slightly thinner. And for 50 clicks? I need to do an expeirement because I would not be suprised to hear my FD gives at least 300 clicks before it's dead. I think I can go a week before recharging my FD cells.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Who's gonna be the first person to bust it open (carefully) and show the insides?

I would have voted for TommyDee, but he wussed out, on opening the Alpine, the one that stated you void the warranty f you open the case, as if to hide something. That’s a HUGE RED FLAG. While I can’t verify any of the “smoking” electrical issues some reported, I’m happy I avoided that one.

As Dave Jones of EEVBLOG’s motto:
Don’t turn it on, take it apart....

I used to find that saying amusing, but with the lack of electrical safety in many Chinese products, I now get it. Take a look at the wiring and components. While I would like to assume a DV mass market product produced in China would have a decent quality control, like Apple iPhones, you never know.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I would have voted for TommyDee, but he wussed out, on opening the Alpine, the one that stated you void the warranty f you open the case, as if to hide something. That’s a HUGE RED FLAG. While I can’t verify any of the “smoking” electrical issues some reported, I’m happy I avoided that one.

As Dave Jones of EEVBLOG’s motto:
Don’t turn it on, take it apart....

I used to find that saying amusing, but with the lack of electrical safety in many Chinese products, I now get it. Take a look at the wiring and components. While I would like to assume a DV mass market product produced in China would have a decent quality control, like Apple iPhones, you never know.
LOL you have an interesting slant on my relation to the A'20. Would you buy a unit that was taken apart and messed with or a virgin functioning unit? I can put it in the box like the day it came by removing the cork feet and break even. Seriously, its been parked since months ago and I keep having ideas. Nothing about wussing out like the send-it-back group. I would have welcomed fixing one and I know what's inside now so who the fuck cares?

Now, are you volunteering your Orion to the slaughter? Fuck yea I'd look for a way in, but anyone is welcome to post one up. I'm a quick study.
Anyone who wants to fund my Orion for a proper reveal tear down, step right up and put some money on it! Otherwise, step right up and commit your devices.

I do this because I want to know. There is nothing left to know about A'20. It can only be improved. Can you find bright nickel plated 12mm diamagnetic magnets to fix the A'20 for less that $20? I haven't. Have you even looked? I have. Seriously. I have no reason to give the A'20 a second look without the proper magnet, except to sell it.

thunderstealer1337

Nothing about wussing out like the send-it-back group. I would have welcomed fixing one and I know what's inside now so who the fuck cares?

LOL thats me, you can say I wussed out, but hear my side of the story

I have proof of his lies, telling ppl he didnt have enough units for preorder, while posting all preorders were packed and ready to ship.
He finally called me on a specific day in like middle? of July to finally discuss my engraving, all the meanwhile telling the world pre-orders were all packed and ready to be shipped.

When was my preorder? I ordered 1st week of May when he was advertising like crazy "delivery schedule on time of 1st week of June"

So sorry I "wussed out" he lied for so long enough, I obtained 2 to maybe 3 other induction heaters, I recall I placed the order for a Caldron on the Friday that he finally made a post of some sort stating the units were delayed - I recall I was annoyed I didnt get a direct email and had somebody crosspost his post on FC from reddit or instagram. That was also pitiful, the way communication happened, it didnt, I had to email multiple times for updates over and over again just to get fed with lies.

TLDR
He lied and lead me on a 8 week long excursion (of when it was supposed to be delivered), so I got multiple other IH instead, didnt feel like reselling a potential fire hazard to the next person in all reality of it.

Last edited:
thunderstealer1337,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I remember that. LOL And I sure hope that doesn't happened with Orion. They don't ship until the 9/24.

TommyDee,

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
I remember that. LOL And I sure hope that doesn't happened with Orion. They don't ship until the 9/24.

I really have not kept up with the track record of Dynatec, how have they been doing with their previous IH models??

I have, like others here, two IH's already but the Orion has caught my eye, without doubt! Both of my IH's are from Pipes, one is 2- 3 years old and the other almost two years and both have performed great, with ZERO problems! So please, please, please, won't someone here persuade me that I NEED to acquire the Orion as well?! :clap: :clap: :clap:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Does it help that I broke down in a moment of weakness and decided we only live once @Fat Freddy ?

These things are overpriced no matter what but that is the nature of Vape. 1 year warranty and a decent battery life. There is little they can screw up on this one. Said to be much more aggressive than the Apollo and Apollo 2 w/ 3-5 second heat-up times (I read that as not deep enough). The new tech of automatic power-on is the gimmick.

swieder711

I just ordered my Orion thru the pre-release program. $180+ $7 to ship to MA.

It took a few emails to Dynavap support to get the ordering fixed.

I like the design of the Orion and the USB-C support. The LED readout and auto power-on are cool features.

I hope that there will be some way to upgrade the battery thru a factory return.

Top Bottom