Orion Induction Heater

vapormachina

I hate you🙈🙈🙈🙈

I wanted to wait for today's dynavap live to watch if they talk about the battery, but something inside me wants to push that button

I didn't know this web page; stempod, sai top or The Beast in Europe? this is very interesting🤔

Last edited:
vapormachina,
  • Haha
Reactions: Skinku

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
The Orion is really special. I have been a lighter only guy(despite owning another IH) for my 3+ years of daily/weekly VC usage. I am very adept with the lighters in all conditions, but the Orion is just as good as I am.
very light weight too!! Overall I’d thoroughly recommend it.

Last edited:

flammy

If it didn’t come with the case, if it just didn’t come with that case.
Must resist....
This is handy, from the DynaVap site.
View attachment 2652
High/Clouds?
You called?

What don't you like about the case? We have found a few other aftermarket options that work:

If you're looking for something that provides even more protection, the Pelican 1010 case also works well with the Orion FWIW.

50 clicks seems like a lot to me, if I’m not there in 4-5 I’m pulling out another vape lol.

I wonder how long my AOMAI lighter lasts? 10? 15?

FWIW, testers have reported 60+ clicks on a charge. It seems insignificant but thats at least 10% and easily two loads.

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@mr_cfromcali said a few weeks ago that he was working on something new probably smaller; a FD2? Who knows, maybe that device can make things easier when making a decision, although he has not given any data and it has been a long time. Now would be a good moment to do it before we all put our money into the Orion:brow::brow:

Although if a lot of people put their money in the Orion maybe the FD waiting list will be shorter:hmm:

These are good questions, @dantemaniaco, and I understand the need for info to make good decisions. This is isn't the right thread for me to make announcements about my stuff, but I will say that I recorded some relevant video last night and am editing it today. I expect to post some news in my own thread later today or tomorrow. :brow:

I have not had the chance to try one yet, but the Orion looks cool and I'm sure it will make a lot of people happy. :)

Cheers,
:leaf:

biohacker

Hey everyone, I know lots about a lot of vapes, but nothing about the VC. I do have the opportunity to own a new one of these bundled with a 2018 M, for $200. Is that a good deal? My intention would be just to play and test the devices and then resell with a small loss.

Is it possible to get high quality vape output with this pair through a rig? Planning on using a fat mouthpiece to pair it to a 14mm rig.

Thanks!

vapormachina

These are good questions, @dantemaniaco, and I understand the need for info to make good decisions. This is isn't the right thread for me to make announcements about my stuff, but I will say that I recorded some relevant video last night and am editing it today. I expect to post some news in my own thread later today or tomorrow. :brow:

I have not had the chance to try one yet, but the Orion looks cool and I'm sure it will make a lot of people happy. :)

Cheers,
:leaf:

that's just what i wanted to hear:bowdown::bowdown:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Hey everyone, I know lots about a lot of vapes, but nothing about the VC. I do have the opportunity to own a new one of these bundled with a 2018 M, for $200. Is that a good deal? My intention would be just to play and test the devices and then resell with a small loss.

Is it possible to get high quality vape output with this pair through a rig? Planning on using a fat mouthpiece to pair it to a 14mm rig.

Thanks!
That '18-M would be a give-away. You can't loose on that deal unless its somehow misrepresented.

biohacker

That '18-M would be a give-away. You can't loose on that deal unless its somehow misrepresented.

It's definitely a legit deal, and I can swap out that M a ti omni xl or other vc's and I think I would because airflow is important to me.

My sticking point is the vape quality, will I still get decent vape output with these small loads at lower temps? Taste is #1 but so is vape quality/cloud density etc.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@biohacker – pretty much any DV setup can give you high definition quality vapor, the differences are noticeable, but subtle (draw, heat up time, weight). The magic happens in the tip and the cap.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
It's definitely a legit deal, and I can swap out that M a ti omni xl or other vc's and I think I would because airflow is important to me.

My sticking point is the vape quality, will I still get decent vape output with these small loads at lower temps? Taste is #1 but so is vape quality/cloud density etc.
Regardless of performance, an Orion and Omni XL for $200 is a steal. If it doesn't perform, you've got $75 in your pockets on Reddit.
I medicate at a gram a day during covid. I do that with a lowly tip and cap on a home made non carb stem. A couple of tricks and it delivers. That bowl is bigger than one would think. And duffing the flower to a super fine grind adds to that. If you don't do the deal, pass it on to me in PM. I don't need it but couldn't not do it.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.

Well well, @biohacker. I thought you were all into those Peaks and Puffco's? Now you want to dynavap? Come on in brother, the water's great.

If you wrap a nice chunk of rosin in some organic cotton and stick it into a 18M tip, you will have a great deal of flavor and enjoyment. You might have to take the cap off after a couple hits and mush that cotton around, but then hits will be even bigger. You can also fit a concentrate pad or use a dynacoil in there. Of course, they are also made for flower vaping.

The Orion is exciting because of the portable prospects. At first I was put off by the lighter plastic case. I love the sturdy nature of my metal cased PSM and caldron. But the lighter unit makes it easier to be a true portable. The previous video showing the ease of resting one on a bubbler gong is impressive.

I will still look for a good portable wax pen because the ease of use is still a need, and fun. Especially when I want a quick hit or take it on the road. My new Sai arrives tomorrow :brow:

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@Skinku - what concerns you about the materials? The vape is very compact and light compared to all other options, and the material quality has no effect in your Dynavap or load. .
@biohacker
I’m surprised you’ve not tried the Dynavap yet, also that you currently seem unaware That Dynavap’s are definitely among the hardest hitting carried out there if that’s what you aim for in your usage of it. The Orion really takes the learning curve/guess work out of the DV experience, so I’m sure you’d be flying from the off.

Zoltani

I am suprised to hear they are similar sizes and actually the FD seems to be slightly thinner. And for 50 clicks? I need to do an expeirement because I would not be suprised to hear my FD gives at least 300 clicks before it's dead. I think I can go a week before recharging my FD cells.

300 clicks from the FD? That excites me greatly, can't wait to get this device.

Zoltani,

thunderstealer1337

what, the faster the ih clicks - the less the heat gets to saturate the tip and the less "HIgh/Clouds"

you can watch vapefiends review, he actually still has to go a few secs after click to get the desired hit,

shorter click times = multi flame lighter
longer click times = single flame lighter

all fake marketing imo

thunderstealer1337,

Skinku

@Skinku - what concerns you about the materials? The vape is very compact and light compared to all other options, and the material quality has no effect in your Dynavap or load. .
I agree, I guess the feel of the unit in my hand and whether it is strangely light.
I have faith in the abilities of the unit I just find it hard to love plastic.

Skinku,
Reactions: mrb

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
all fake marketing imo

Not necessarily. I have an IH that clicks in 3 / 5 seconds (with the option to add one second for extra toastiness) and it makes my DVs shoot clouds from hit one. Heating time does not equal to vape performance / clouds. Heating times *do* however affect the vape signature, but not because *less* heat is applied, but because the heat time is *shorter* (which are two very different things). It seems to me that the Orion is a bit more aggressive than the Apollos.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
It is said by early users the Orion was more aggressive which sold me. But I think that 3-5 seconds is too fast, so probably under-done. Also mind the battery level. This will make a huge difference at the peak power level.

TommyDee,

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
@biohacker I have not used an induction heater but have used many different vapcaps and they are essentially the same in vaporization function. Titanium will cool quicker and the body will not get as hot with multiple heatings, but they make the same vapor. This thing doesn't have a huge bowl but it punches way above its weight-class. The Orion looks like it will be 200 squids, so if you can get a free vapcap out of it, I would highly recommend it.
If you don't like it, vapcaps and induction heaters seem to be very popular. It shouldn't be too hard to sell.

Top Bottom