Oregon Cannabis News

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I was hoping those to be named had been discovered... the wait begins!

I try to avoid carts as much as possible, but cant deny they are perfectly discrete and perfect for travel.

FlyingLow,
Reactions: macbill

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Top Prosecutor In Oregon’s Largest County Ends Drug Possession Cases Following Decriminalization Vote

Another Oregon county prosecutor announced on Thursday that his office will immediately stop pursuing drug possession cases following voters’ approval of a decriminalization initiative last month—even though it doesn’t formally take effect until February.

Multnomah County District Attorney Mike Schmidt is the third prosecutor to get ahead of the curve, proactively enacting a policy change in recognition of the will of the voters.

District attorneys in both Clackamas and Deschutes County have also made the change, but Schmidt’s decision is particularly notable because he represents the state’s most populous county.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Border weed: How the hometown of tater tots became a cannabis capital

Ontario, Ore., has nine dispensaries for 11,000 residents. But most of their customers are coming from Idaho.

Marijuana remains illegal in Idaho. In fact, it is one of only two states left in the nation that bans all forms of cannabis, including hemp and CBD products. But drive across the border into Oregon, and Idahoans can purchase every conceivable type of cannabis product, from THC infused artisan grape taffy to 1.5 gram pre-rolled joints.

In the year and a half since Ontario began allowing weed sales, nine dispensaries have opened. It’s estimated that the city will generate $120 to $130 million in annual sales when the cannabis industry is fully up and running — that’s more than 10 percent of Oregon’s sales in 2020.

macbill,
Reactions: Ramahs

JOHN GALT

Portland cannabis businesses will have access to $1.3 million relief fund​

In a presentation to the council, Portland Cannabis Licensing and Policy Coordinator Christina Coursey noted that Portland received $114 million in federal CARES Act funding to distribute to small businesses during the early months of the pandemic, but almost none of it was able to go the cannabis industry because marijuana is still illegal at the federal level.

Cannabis retailers were deemed “essential” and able to stay open during the initial pandemic shutdown, she said, but they still struggled with staff shortages due to the pandemic, and as all-cash businesses, they were especially vulnerable to the increases in crime and vandalism that hit Portland in the past two years. The 2020 wildfire season was also devastating to Oregon’s cannabis industry as the fires impacted some pot farms around the state, she said.

ugotmale

Farms & strains to try when in Oregon​

As of Nov. 29, the Oregon Liquor and Cannabis Commission has received 2,128 applications for Producer (grower) licenses. Oregon currently has 1,621 "active" producer licenses, and assuming each license holder is producing at least a few strains, you have over 8,000 flower choices. (Yes, 2,500 may be a variation of "Ice Cream Cake.")

Green Source Gardens
GSG is the anti-corporate cannabis model, with arguably the deepest dive into sustainable and ecologically responsible growing practices in Oregon. Its website explains their embrace of polyculture gardens, bio-dynamics, permaculture, hugelkulture, indigenous agriculture and others that have earned them farming practice awards and certifications from five third-party organizations. Cannabis doesn't get any cleaner.

The grower's strictly sun-grown strains include the best-known Pinkleberry, which a GSG co-owner told "Cannabis Now" as having a high that's "zingy, heady, active. It gets your brain flying." I can second that, having found Pinkleberry and its variations to foster activity, motivation and creativity. It also exhibits the same characteristics of all their strains: sparkly buds with complex and strong terpene combinations. Impressive on all counts. Green Source strains are available locally at Substance Cannabis Market locations in Bend and at Central Organics in Madras.

Rolen Stone Farms
Based in the Applegate Valley since 2016, I discovered Rolen Stone recently after Somewhere Dispensary hipped me to its Animal Tree strain, with 6+% terpenes. Upon smelling the strain through my K95 mask, I was sold. The following week, I lucked out and grabbed some of the "Sherb Breath," which measured an astounding 5.8% in terpenes with 30% THC. The Sunset Sherbert x Mendo Breath lineage left me stress free.

Rolen Stone has a selection of greenhouse and sun-grown strains such as Tropstanto and Papayahuasa I haven't seen elsewhere, with terpenes overwhelmingly in the 4% to 5% range. It selects strains for both flavor and potency, and I've been taken by both. A standout for what "Craft Cannabis" can be, seek them out. High Desert Botanicals in La Pine has the brand, as well as Tokyo Starfish, Substance, Local Market, Miracle Greens and Top Shelf Medicine.

Greasy Runtz​

For this first strain, I was stuck out in the cold shivering as I lit up the packed bowl. With no comfortable place to smoke yet, I tried to hone my senses as I took a rip of the fluffy, fresh-smelling trees. After half a bowl the cold was no longer a factor as my body was transferred to a warm place in the clouds. With the full bowl finished I was left baked like a cake, constantly reminding myself to check on the pizza rolls that were spinning in the microwave adjacent to my face. I went from pizza rolls to a fresh bowl in a matter of seconds because the only thing to cure the pain of burning in my mouth was "Greasy Runtz." This light green, orange-haired wonder was the epitome of the eat-and-sleep stoner mentality, with a classic weed taste, the smoke was smooth to inhale, and exhale through the last hit.

Ice Cream Cake​

The second strain I blew down was called "Ice Cream Cake" from Oregrown. Again, the budtenders pointed me in a certain direction and I happily followed with no remorse. Ice Cream Cake happens to be one of my all-time favorite strains and when the bud guy whipped the jar out I already knew what to expect. This strain is definitely Indica-leaning: pungent, darkly colored, dusted with trichomes and literally cake-tasting, this heavy hitter never lets you down if you're looking for something that will get you super-duper shhtoned.

Mac #1​

Last and certainly not least was Oregon Euphorics' suggested strain, Mac #1. This smaller- sized dispensary came in hot with information and bud. Budtender Asa Tout suggested Mac #1 because of the well-balanced effects it bolsters.

"A lot of people can tolerate it," Tout said. "It's not too much one way or the other."

Tout wasn't lying when it came to how much of a hybrid—or mix of Sativa and Indica effects—this strain was. I felt like hiking, cleaning my room and then going grocery shopping after pulling this bowl through. The light, airy effects didn't match the dense, trichome-covered bud that produced it, but the fragrant and citrusy taste provided clues about the high to follow.

Last edited:
ugotmale,
Reactions: Ramahs

Berzzerkker

Oregon’s weed is some of the cheapest in the nation, and Oregonians predominantly purchase weed from licensed dispensaries. Economist Beau Whitney estimates that 80-85 percent of the state’s demand is met by the legal market. But most of the illicit weed grown in southern Oregon is leaving the state, heading to places where legal weed is still not available for purchase such as New York or Pennsylvania — or where the legal price is still very high, like Chicago and Los Angeles. In Illinois, which legalized medical marijuana in 2013, only about a third of the demand for cannabis is satisfied by legal dispensaries, according to Whitney. Differences in tax rate and regulations plays the major role in differences from state to state, Whitney explains. Unlicensed growers aren’t paying any fees or taxes, and they can afford to keep their prices at least 20 percent lower than legal weed — the benchmark Whitney says is the difference in consumers purchasing legal versus illegal products.

Something to be grateful about living in Oregon!!

Berzzerkker

It was like ordering from Domino's Pizza!

I never tried those mentioned but I did use three different dispensaries over a 2 year period. All delivered, usually within an hour of placing an order, right to my 3rd floor room!

Unfortunately, I am longer in a situation which allows delivery but I was able to convince my sister to order a TinyMight and it is with DHL as I write, with every attachment that was suggested by FC members.

Thank you to all FC members!!

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I still haven't tried delivery since I've been in Oregon, largely because it costs more and there are several dispensaries less than ten minutes away from me. But I will eventually.

Top Bottom