Only vaping for the terpenes

CanadianFlowers

Vapor Enthusiast
Hello FC community!!!

This is my first thread I post here :) as the title suggests, I ONLY vape for the terpenes.

With my volcano I only load the bowl a pinch at a time (just enough to cover the screen) and with each subsequent bag I add another layer of herb to blow up in the bag.

I guess the same could be said about my Old head Terp hammer, I only load in a pinch to cover the screen and just hit it one time and dump into ABV ashtray.

I just don’t like the popcorn taste. I know you can stretch your herb much further by slowly extracting over various temperatures starting low and going higher. But the popcorn taste!

The only vape IMO that doesn’t taste like popcorn (surprisingly) is my SSV. Maybe it’s the direct draw? My Crafty plus taste the most amazing maybe first 3 draws than it taste like, you guessed it! POPCORN! lmao

I know it’s wasteful but cmon, that FIRST hit is the tastiest!! :mmmm: Ya just gotta have another fresh one. ;)

CanadianFlowers

Vapor Enthusiast
Lol even with my Dab Ready heater taking dabs takes too long!! I like the convenience of just blowing up another bag :) basically I’m only for the first few hits lmao obviously I’m talking about cannabis and not actual terps ( such as additives like you mentioned @Bologna )

CanadianFlowers,
Reactions: corvo

corvo

Since a time ago im vaping only for the terpene too , i hate when i do a large hit and the flavour gets popcorn taste , now i trying to hit shorts hits at low temp in my tiny2 (levl 4/5) , what vapo its ssv?

CanadianFlowers

Vapor Enthusiast
Since a time ago im vaping only for the terpene too , i hate when i do a large hit and the flavour gets popcorn taste , now i trying to hit shorts hits at low temp in my tiny2 (levl 4/5) , what vapo its ssv?
SSV = Silver surfer Vaporizer by ELEV8 glass gallery

CanadianFlowers,
Reactions: corvo

cosimo

I wouldnt say I only vape for the terps, but I also hate both the popcorn taste and the toasty flavor that comes just before that popcorn taste. When Im short on fresh weed, I tolerate those flavors but damn I do reslly hate that rossted scent in my mouth... not as much as I hate burnt flavor though.

my friends scold me all the time for all my still green AVB... but it's never wasted... got a bunch of other combust-friends who receive my AVB without hesitating. And if not, it goes into the compost pile.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Lol even with my Dab Ready heater taking dabs takes too long!! I like the convenience of just blowing up another bag :) basically I’m only for the first few hits lmao obviously I’m talking about cannabis and not actual terps ( such as additives like you mentioned @Bologna )

I mean, you can be dabbing in a Peak Pro far quicker than you can grind, pack and fire up any vape. Open jar, scoop wax with hot knife, press button on hot knife, press button on peak pro. Total time from “I want to dab” to vapor in your mouth less than 20 seconds.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah there are much better vapes perhaps for what you are going for, to maximize terp time, I love doing that with Tetra and TM, BAK and FW9, I ride the flavors or do one hitters, pretty much emptying bowls when flavor fades in most everything, so many

budski

cantre member
I temp step w/ tm2 and avlp but been on a dyna kick of late, like the fiddly-ness of swapping parts and experiment w/cap/tip/stem/condensers

florduh

Time to dab brah! All terp, no fill!

Timothee Chalamet Truth GIF by Regal

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Hello FC community!!!

This is my first thread I post here :) as the title suggests, I ONLY vape for the terpenes.

With my volcano I only load the bowl a pinch at a time (just enough to cover the screen) and with each subsequent bag I add another layer of herb to blow up in the bag.

I guess the same could be said about my Old head Terp hammer, I only load in a pinch to cover the screen and just hit it one time and dump into ABV ashtray.

I just don’t like the popcorn taste. I know you can stretch your herb much further by slowly extracting over various temperatures starting low and going higher. But the popcorn taste!

The only vape IMO that doesn’t taste like popcorn (surprisingly) is my SSV. Maybe it’s the direct draw? My Crafty plus taste the most amazing maybe first 3 draws than it taste like, you guessed it! POPCORN! lmao

I know it’s wasteful but cmon, that FIRST hit is the tastiest!! :mmmm: Ya just gotta have another fresh one. ;)

What temperatures are you using?

I consider myself a flavour buff, by which I mean I am more interested in the taste than the high. To get the most flavour, I start at 160°C (320°F).

CanadianFlowers

Vapor Enthusiast
What temperatures are you using?

I consider myself a flavour buff, by which I mean I am more interested in the taste than the high. To get the most flavour, I start at 160°C (320°F).
Well for my Volcano classic I set the dial at 6 which I guess is 190c (375f)

For my Old head Terp hammer I set the PID to 580f for flower and 500f for the banger.

As for my crafty+ I do the same as you, I start at 160c select ‘boost’ mode to 180c and finish at max temp at 210c (410f)

And for my SSV there’s no telling what temp you’re vaping at, but rather a feel. I set my SSV to MAX temp on the dial and draw fast on my inhalations.

CanadianFlowers,
Reactions: coolbreeze

Zow237

Hello FC community!!!

I am with you 100! I am in the same boat for sure with the flavs. Growing up i had friends that would take 2 rips from a fresh bowl and cash it. Id always think they were crazy but they always said after the taste its waste haha. They werent wrong. Theyd just pack a freshy and be done haha

Last edited:

Suki

I find the flavor to be really great with the B1 + shovelhead and herborizer sphere (3 holes), I think it has to do with convection + really fast extraction
I'm using it at 635 (I didn't fit my coil, left it stock) the avb is pretty light

Top Bottom