• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

One-of-a-kind Briar Burl Herb Pipes Handcrafted by CDXX Pipes

ProfessionalHandJob

"A handjob is still a job, okay?"
@
We'll hook you up next time, brother.
:)
I want to hold you to this lol. Still absolutely loving my IO Neo pipe, and have been drooling over the convectoriums for a bit. Continually adding and removing different ones from my cart. One nagging thought has kept me from pulling the trigger. I was wondering if it would be possible to make one where the top of the bowl wasn't so recessed/the Neo didn't have to stick half way in to reach the herb. Think making a shallow inset ring as the lip for the bowl where contact will be made to preserve the convectorium aesthetics. My idea of a perfect convectorium would have the inner lip of the bowl up much higher so it could potentially be used with a Flowerpot, or DC-Elev8r. Have the herb chamber or just below it taper into an 18 or 14mm joint that could accept a glass bowl like the Purr glass Neo bowl, or the glass bowl from my herborizer. I think there's potential to make the ultimate infinitely versatile beautiful desktop bowl/convectorium with a change to the depth of the bowl and how the hole at the bottom of the bowl below the screen is sized/tapered.

Now if a convectorium like this isn't really possible, I'll probably stop hemming and hawing and order one as is lol. They're all beautiful works!

CDXX Pipes

Accessory Maker
Hey, Glad to hear you are enjoying your pipe!
Some thoughts on your comments:
-two reasons for the current configuration: I wanted it deep enough that the Neo could stand unsupported and stay standing through a fairly substantial jostle & deep enough to get the rim of the hole it sits in past the round tip of the Neo to the flat sections to allow air flow. Positioning it that deep is not a hard requirement, but I do not want my products to cause any damage to other devices.
- Another reason for the depth is expanding the "Air Heating Chamber" to include the space outside the Ceramic tip and inside the CONVECTORIUM, preheating the air as it enters the Neo. You will also find the Neo is warming the wood block slightly, which makes subsequent pulls heat faster.
- I have been planning to make a CONVECTORIUM that fits an 18MM taper connection, but had not considered a multi-device option. I think I will stick with the plan of making one for the Halo / Atlas (original conversation on this topic)
- on of the challenges in this concept is varying airflow strategies:
- The Neo wants a tight seal between the tip of the Neo and the top of the herb chamber. Air flows into the device between the glass and the ceramic 1/4" from the tip, into the coil chamber and out though the center of the glass.
- The devices that connect with an 18mm glass joint want a tight seal around the sides of the 18mm joint, with air entering above that seal (between the glass and wood or from the back end of glass).
- That is probably the biggest design challenge.

So, that is an intriguing idea, but I am not sure I have a solid solution. I think it best that I try to make something that works independently with another device. After I have learned what works well for that, I would be in a better position to make a multipurpose unit. I wonder if making a wood plug that bridges the two is a good idea...

I will add two new CONVECTORIUM to the shop in the next week or so. I have new blanks staged to start work next in Sycamore, Bloodwood, Canary, Myrtle, Amboyna Burl and Rosewood. The next batch will have some more affordable species and some more expensive/exotic specimens.

Thanks for the suggestion(s) and let me know if you have questions. I will drop you a note when I have thought about this more.

ProfessionalHandJob

"A handjob is still a job, okay?"
My Convectorium arrived! Works great with the 18mm adapter after putting an o ring around it to complete the seal. Thank you so much @CDXX Pipes I love it! This is the perfect companion to the Flowerpot B2 so far and I can’t wait to try it out with the rest of my collection. Really preferring the performance (and appearance) of the Convectorium over that of a water piece.

CDXX Pipes

Accessory Maker
New CONVECTORIUM in Bolivian Rosewood listed in shop.
all will work with the Neo by Prrl Labs and now have an 18mm to 28mm Glass adapter (by Thick Ass Glass) to expand you options of heat source.
FNMfu1XXIAQGZ3y

and an attempt at a low cost option in Myrtle.
If you have been waiting for a lower priced option, please take a look.

FNMgZ8uXMAMeZPw

holler if you have questions.
TJ

CDXX Pipes

Accessory Maker
I will tell you folks first:
New Pipes for the Neo have been listed today. It's a pretty good group (if I do say so myself):
This is the same pipe from opposite sides
FQj7jt-XoAMhr9K

Two feature Custom display stands handcrafted from Cherry:
FQj5vszXwAEzvU8

FQjqhIFXoAAE4CJ

and one is just your run of the mill badass motherfucker
FQjt8O0XMAM2ZJ2

FQj48w0XwAAegXw

Shop Now for CDXX Pipes

See a detailed view on our YouTube channel

Thanks for looking and let me know if you have questions.
TJ

Last edited:

77carrera3

though about one of those last year, thinking it would "hide in plain sight"
even asked him about something small, just big enough to wrap my hand around,
then I saw some of the portables available and decided a walk around the block wouldn't kill me
beautiful wood, and I like that your using with different devices!

CDXX Pipes

Accessory Maker
Updates on the Neo CONVECTORIUM:
First, I listed some new works over the weekend.
Shop for CONVECTORIUM now

Canary, Australian Red Mallee and Sycamore
FYihSUJWIAIp2T6

Second:
@coolbreeze clued me in to the fact that the CONVECTORIUM pictured above went through some changes after use. Basically the hole at the top opened wider after a few sessions of heat/moisture and was not allowing for a good seal with the glass adapter. He was kind enough to work through it with me and was able to correct it with a paper gasket.

If you previously purchased a CONVECTORIUM and either had a similar experience or got it prior to the inclusion of the 18mm adapter, I want to try to help. Contact me here or at the shop to see what we can figure out.

With these latest units (and probably all future) I have increased the diameter of the top hole and included a silicone gasket to increase to odds of getting a reliable seal when using an alternate 18mm connecting heat source.

None of this impacts the operation with a Prrl Labs' Neo. While the CONVECTORIUM are designed specifically for that device, I love that you folks are coming up with other uses and bringing me new ideas.
some supporting pix:
FYihS5aWYAA60Dh

FYihSnzWIAU4h4U

Thanks for looking and let me know if you have any questions CDXX Pipes.

New pipes dropping this week too!

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Updates on the Neo CONVECTORIUM:
First, I listed some new works over the weekend.
Shop for CONVECTORIUM now

Canary, Australian Red Mallee and Sycamore
FYihSUJWIAIp2T6

Second:
@coolbreeze clued me in to the fact that the CONVECTORIUM pictured above went through some changes after use. Basically the hole at the top opened wider after a few sessions of heat/moisture and was not allowing for a good seal with the glass adapter. He was kind enough to work through it with me and was able to correct it with a paper gasket.

If you previously purchased a CONVECTORIUM and either had a similar experience or got it prior to the inclusion of the 18mm adapter, I want to try to help. Contact me here or at the shop to see what we can figure out.

With these latest units (and probably all future) I have increased the diameter of the top hole and included a silicone gasket to increase to odds of getting a reliable seal when using an alternate 18mm connecting heat source.

None of this impacts the operation with a Prrl Labs' Neo. While the CONVECTORIUM are designed specifically for that device, I love that you folks are coming up with other uses and bringing me new ideas.
some supporting pix:
FYihS5aWYAA60Dh

FYihSnzWIAU4h4U

Thanks for looking and let me know if you have any questions CDXX Pipes.

New pipes dropping this week too!
Really gorgeous work! The turntable pics on the store are amazing!

CDXX Pipes

Accessory Maker
big news coming soon.
including a giveaway of a very nice Briar Burl Bowl (made for the Neo, but will work with desktop injector)
follow on IG for details this weekend and other developments later this month.
FfhTGCxXoAI497b

FC Sneak Peek:
I searched the world over for a well-made 14mm MALE J-Hook. gave up and asked Thick Ass Glass to make one for me.
these bowls now can be used with your favorite water piece or as a standalone pipe.
FfhmXfMXEAIeLCz

Other joyous revelations can be yours by following my every move...

Stay tuned.

TJ

CDXX Pipes

Accessory Maker
As promised, We now have Briar Burl Injector Bowls listed in the shop. See link below.
CDXX Pipes shop

I have included one of the new Thick Ass Glass 14mm Male J Hooks with the better of the two. I have a limited supply, but should get the remainder in the next few weeks. I will upgrade the other to include the J Hook if it remains for sale. TAG also stocks them and may still have some available.
Thick Ass Glass shop

The Herb Chambers are about an 1 inch / 26mm deep, 0.7 in / 17 mm diameter, with a slight flare at the top. This should position any 18mm Injector 0.5 - 0.8 inch / 13 - 20 mm from the bottom of the chamber, giving you that total for flower and airspace.
Pictured with Flowerpot & Old Head Freight Train injectors.
We will also produce some bowls for 22mm Ball Vapes if there is any interest.

a couple of quick pix below:
il_794xN.4392179737_gj9p.jpg

il_794xN.4391693207_s52h.jpg

il_794xN.4344303798_jy0b.jpg

il_794xN.4346736980_d306.jpg

il_794xN.4394139703_mfe2.jpg

Let me know if you have any questions.

CDXX Pipes

Accessory Maker
They have been a long time coming, but I finally have a design I like for the often requested
22mm Diffuser Ball Vape Bowls
Briar Burl with Grade 2 Titanium sleeve and screen.
FtiUIRaWABsfEYl

Shown with Cannabis Hardware Flowerpot B1 & B2 Diffuser Heads.

FtixSo7WAAAThzv

G2 Titanium Sleeve is 22mm OD, 18mm ID.
G2 Titanium Screen has 600 micron holes
Includes Thick Ass Glass Adapter in 14 or 18mm

May also be used with 18mm Injector heads inserted in sleeve.
FtixS3WXoAMzgKd

CONVECTORIUM with this bowl configuration as well.
Amboyna Burl pictured below.
FthLCWPWYAE8yky

More information and detailed look at assemblies on my YouTube channel youtube.com/@cdxxpipes

These prototypes will be offered to customers that have already made requests. anything unsold will be listed in the shop in a week. I do have 3 more bowls and 3 more CONVECTORIUM in the works. I will also produce a long-stemmed pipe with this bowl configuration in the near future.

These devices are customizable. If you have any interest, I recommend working with me on a custom piece. I can also provide additional lengths of sleeves on request.

Let me know if you have any questions here or anywhere you find me.
thanks
TJ.

CDXX Pipes

Accessory Maker
I have been occupied in proving support for some family over the past few months. That is mostly behind us and I am re-entering the world of doing things I want to do.
These have been a long time coming. I am pleased to introduce CDXX Pipes first foray into the world of the Puffco Proxy.

I have received several requests for pipes for the Proxy. I had concerns that a whole large enough to accommodate the Proxy might be susceptible to some sort of movement/warping impacting the roundness and therefore the airtight seal. The requests kept coming, so I gave it some more thought. I now have a solution i believe in.
These devices feature a Grade2 Titanium ring permanently inserted into the top of the bowl to ensure a perfect seal forever.

I have made two pipes as examples and one CONVECTORIUM. I will make more CONVECTORIUM for stock, but suggest we work together on a commission if you are interested in a Proxy Pipe.

"7:10 To Yuma"
includes primitive stand in Cherry, Walnut & Leather
F2NlGyyXsAEVXVz
F2JmXsbWYAE-cLO

"Ovation"
F2NUFQ2XYAAdqMl
F2NUEqAXsAAW9Z7

F2NUFk1XcAA1bBw
F2NUE-GXUAEBUlE

CONVECTORIUM in Hawaiian Koa to connect to your favorite glass piece or directly to your face via whip.
F2DlgiDXEAAjWyD
F2NqzNOXoAEsi4l

Please contact me here if you have any questions about any of these accessories for the Puffco Proxy.

CDXX Pipes

Accessory Maker
I have had a few inquiries about pipes for the Lotus. I was finally able to get a device (which was my only obstacle). Then I bought a delicious slab of Italian Olive wood. Then I made these as little prototyping project. I listed the in the shop today if you have any interest.
CDXX Pipes Shop

F7SoOlfXQAAaJU3

F7T-lOHWgAAl7by
F7T-qs0XkAA4ejM

I do recommend working with me on a custom commission if you are interested in something special for you Lotus. I do love it with the matching Olive, but can do pipes in Briar as well. I have a potential commission with a unique vision that I plan flush out further and would love to hear your ideas as well.
Let me know if you have any question about any of my items.
TJ

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Oohhh, nice. I like those, and I like that you went with them being free standing.

I like the function of free standing pipes, but I don't always like the look or the "hand-feel" of the corners on the bottom edges, but I think it seems to me like the better way to go with the Lotus because of the way I use the Lotus.

I can't afford one at this time, but if I were interested in a commissioned one, then I'd probably want to raise the angle of the shank slightly and/or a straighter stem with maybe a little bend closer to the mouth-end to raise my eyes up a bit higher over the top of the Lotus cap so I'm looking a bit more downward at it. I'd probably also inquire about options for a more decorative stem, and maybe see if you offered the option to add a decorative ring to the end of the shank to kinda help balance with the color of the metal bits under the Lotus cap that can't be hidden.

But yeah, Your pics are basically what I had in mind when I originally asked about it. I'd be surprised if they don't sell reasonably quickly.

CDXX Pipes

Accessory Maker
Oohhh, nice. I like those, and I like that you went with them being free standing.

I like the function of free standing pipes, but I don't always like the look or the "hand-feel" of the corners on the bottom edges, but I think it seems to me like the better way to go with the Lotus because of the way I use the Lotus.

I can't afford one at this time, but if I were interested in a commissioned one, then I'd probably want to raise the angle of the shank slightly and/or a straighter stem with maybe a little bend closer to the mouth-end to raise my eyes up a bit higher over the top of the Lotus cap so I'm looking a bit more downward at it. I'd probably also inquire about options for a more decorative stem, and maybe see if you offered the option to add a decorative ring to the end of the shank to kinda help balance with the color of the metal bits under the Lotus cap that can't be hidden.

But yeah, Your pics are basically what I had in mind when I originally asked about it. I'd be surprised if they don't sell reasonably quickly.
Thanks for the feedback. I have two commissions for more elaborate versions of the these beginning next month. I think you will like both of them based on your comments.
I can do handcrafted mouthpieces in a great variety of materials. (also watch for some metal accents on the next batch of pipes)

Top Bottom