Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

Adobewan

Happy 420!
thething420.jpg

Ogseed

Has anyone else had continuous problems with the 1.5 carts? I followed thc's directions on pre-oxidation and still have a bad taste even after .1 being vaped. This is the second 1.5 cart I have tried and got a bad taste, the first one still gives off a bad taste after a whole gram went through it. The 2.4 blank carts taste good without any pre-oxidation.
These are their instructions

Per THC-"About 5-10 times press each being 3 seconds, and allow it to cool down between presses, about 20 seconds, we are working with a method that will oxidize the heating elements and everything else before it is released, but it has to be implemented into the production after we perfect it."

If anyone has a fix for this please let me know, I have more 1.5 carts and dont think I will use them if I can't get this smell/taste to go away.

Ogseed,

VAPORIZER22

Has anyone else had continuous problems with the 1.5 carts? I followed thc's directions on pre-oxidation and still have a bad taste even after .1 being vaped. This is the second 1.5 cart I have tried and got a bad taste, the first one still gives off a bad taste after a whole gram went through it. The 2.4 blank carts taste good without any pre-oxidation.
These are their instructions

Per THC-"About 5-10 times press each being 3 seconds, and allow it to cool down between presses, about 20 seconds, we are working with a method that will oxidize the heating elements and everything else before it is released, but it has to be implemented into the production after we perfect it."

If anyone has a fix for this please let me know, I have more 1.5 carts and dont think I will use them if I can't get this smell/taste to go away.

Well from my only experience with 1 1.5 cart I did notice it took longer to get rid of that machine/metal taste than any other 2.4 carts I had previously loaded. Also keep in mind that I was in such a rush to load the 1.5 up that I did not even bother to check if it fired up before filling so I did not oxidize it as well. I think if I would have pre-oxidized it the taste wold have gone away sooner? I will see after I load another and pre-oxidize it before I fill it.

VAPORIZER22,

Ogseed

On this last 1.5 i loaded, I pre-oxidized way more than recommend, still the 3 second holds and about 30 seconds between each hold. I did that about 25 times as I thought the smell would eventually go away. The smell got milder after 25 times so I loaded it thinking that once some wax was in there the smell would go away. But it still taste funky, no where near how good the 2.4 carts taste.

Ogseed,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
San Jose Peeps, Happy 420. Just got back from Elemental Wellness and they are having one heck of 420 party today. No details were posted online but they have some cool stuff today. Line was over 1 hour but ended up being worth the wait. They had some decent flower deals but amazing wax deals. C4, Lemon Haze, and Sour Diesel all listed at $20/g. C4 was listed at 81% THC. Got 2 grams of each for $120. They were raffling free stuff while everyone was in line and then when you finished in the front they had a vendor fair in the back with about 8-10 vendors handing out free edible samples and even a Kiva chocolate waterfall. was given a bottle of some high CBD apple cidar tincture to try and am most excited about that. I expect the lines to only get longer but it was a nice event today they put on.... I will enjoy sampling the pile of edibles I collected today as well.... Thanks to all the kind vendors for participating.

VAPORIZER22

On this last 1.5 i loaded, I pre-oxidized way more than recommend, still the 3 second holds and about 30 seconds between each hold. I did that about 25 times as I thought the smell would eventually go away. The smell got milder after 25 times so I loaded it thinking that once some wax was in there the smell would go away. But it still taste funky, no where near how good the 2.4 carts taste.

Hmmm that is odd especially after all that pre-oxidizing. If I am not mistaken there was a run of bad tasting carts a while back, maybe you got some from that batch. Hope you have better luck with future 1.5's. I'll report back once I load my other 1.5.

VAPORIZER22,
Hmmm that is odd especially after all that pre-oxidizing. If I am not mistaken there was a run of bad tasting carts a while back, maybe you got some from that batch. Hope you have better luck with future 1.5's. I'll report back once I load my other 1.5.

Please post if othern1.5 carts are tasting weird and if anyone else is experiencing this please post as well. I am waiting on 1.5s to come in and would rather not waste anything if this is something going around. Thanks

PointBlank,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I thought my 1.5 tasted like it was running too hot, and almost burning my oil, but then I was guessing at the strange flavor I was getting, so who knows. It def. tastes off compared to my 2.4's and even the tester 4ohms that I have been using these past few days. I thought the 4ohms tasted like they are also heating my oil hotter than the 2.4's, there is the hint of scorch, but nothing so bad I can't use it, or enjoy it. I also attribute that flavor to using alcohol extracted oil, which does have more contaminants than the bho. So taste isn't very good to begin with.

jambandphan03,

ilovedoobies!

Yeah all my 1.5s tasted and smelled bad but i just dry burned them and they taste Awesome now and no funny taste! I say this because the smell and taste i was getting would make me sick but everything is good now :D

ilovedoobies!,

Ogseed

So the make you sick taste will go away after a lot of use, but the taste is still off. I have this incredibly tasty sour grape wax that I loaded both style carts. The 2.4 taste amazing, real flavors coming through. The 1.5 taste off no matter what I do. I never get a flavorful hit. The hits are much bigger but not worth tasting. After a few hits it will leave that that strange flavor lingering in your mouth. My question to the people who say the 1.5s taste fine is can they actually get an enjoyable taste? I ordered 3 from delta9 and bought one from illusions glass Denver. They all taste off. Im going back to the 2.4s because I don't feel safe not knowing what I'm tasting.

Ogseed,

OF

So the make you sick taste will go away after a lot of use, but the taste is still off. I have this incredibly tasty sour grape wax that I loaded both style carts. The 2.4 taste amazing, real flavors coming through. The 1.5 taste off no matter what I do. I never get a flavorful hit. The hits are much bigger but not worth tasting. After a few hits it will leave that that strange flavor lingering in your mouth. My question to the people who say the 1.5s taste fine is can they actually get an enjoyable taste? I ordered 3 from delta9 and bought one from illusions glass Denver. They all taste off. Im going back to the 2.4s because I don't feel safe not knowing what I'm tasting.

You know I've been messing with these test 4 ohm carts and one of the things I've noticed is at least one of the concentrates I'm testing with tastes different there. Running the cart at 3.7 gives the normal taste I expect, but doing it at 6 Volts instead gives much heavier hits that definitely taste different and leave a 'heavier' after taste. Does the same thing, off tasting but seriously potent hits, in 1.5 Ohm carts at 3.7 Volts. Can you try your 2.4 Ohm loads at higher voltage? Perhaps the cart isn't so contaminated as the oil tastes different because of the higher heat?

OF

i have a dead battery. i know its dead for sure, i started to attempt to use my omicron tonight, light immediately flashing on initial press. few moments later the light doesnt even come on to flash, battery completely dead. now i put it screwed into the charger, and the lgiht on the charger staying green. i dont think any charge is occuring. anyone know why this is? trying wall charge and now laptop charge still dead no power getting to the battery what could be the issue??

bombaysippin,

OF

i have a dead battery. i know its dead for sure, i started to attempt to use my omicron tonight, light immediately flashing on initial press. few moments later the light doesnt even come on to flash, battery completely dead. now i put it screwed into the charger, and the lgiht on the charger staying green. i dont think any charge is occuring. anyone know why this is? trying wall charge and now laptop charge still dead no power getting to the battery what could be the issue??

It's normal, or at least part of it is. As I recall it only gives you the 'dead battery flash' a time or two then locks out. It's been a while since it's happened to me (I tend to go on benders and top up everything in sight) so I'm not too sure what I did to 'jump start' it....pushed the battery button when it was plugged into the charger? Some bit of fiddling did the trick. Another problem could be contact. They only make contact at the very end on the center pin as you tighten (there's no 'compliance' there), crud on the surfaces could also prevent the charging.

Only the one unit I assume? That is no way to confirm the charger?

OF

OF,
Yeah all my 1.5s tasted and smelled bad but i just dry burned them and they taste Awesome now and no funny taste! I say this because the smell and taste i was getting would make me sick but everything is good now :D

What does dry heating consist of? And has anyone else done this and had the smell and taste go away. I just ordered my first omicron and ordered the 1.5s cause everyone said they give better clouds but I don't want to ruin my experience with bad tastes and smells so please help me and others out thanks

PointBlank,

OF

What does dry heating consist of? And has anyone else done this and had the smell and taste go away. I just ordered my first omicron and ordered the 1.5s cause everyone said they give better clouds but I don't want to ruin my experience with bad tastes and smells so please help me and others out thanks

Before I or anyone else expends a lot of effort to organize their thoughts and type it all out let me ask you point blank, did you try the search function?

TIA for the answer.

OF

OF,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
You know I've been messing with these test 4 ohm carts and one of the things I've noticed is at least one of the concentrates I'm testing with tastes different there. Running the cart at 3.7 gives the normal taste I expect, but doing it at 6 Volts instead gives much heavier hits that definitely taste different and leave a 'heavier' after taste. Does the same thing, off tasting but seriously potent hits, in 1.5 Ohm carts at 3.7 Volts. Can you try your 2.4 Ohm loads at higher voltage? Perhaps the cart isn't so contaminated as the oil tastes different because of the higher heat?

OF

Thats my theory!

higher heat definetely changes the taste. just modulating the button will change the taste with the higher powered carts...

ru_frothi,

OF

Thats my theory!

higher heat definetely changes the taste. just modulating the button will change the taste with the higher powered carts...

I think this might be at least part of the problem. This is new territory for most of us, our assumptions might be involved to an important extent. I've tested with changing batteries (which changes a lot in one step) and then again last night a run on my VV power supply (I don't modulate the button well it seems.....). The CO2 wax I was using last night definitely tastes different at higher power levels and I don't think it all had to do with the volume of vapor.

There's no doubt that there is some taste and smell in some new carts. You could say you just can't detect it in the rest I suppose? The test carts seem to be a definite step in that direction but we may come down to a lot of subjective judgments being made and be near impossible to sort out. At some point it becomes like wine tasting.....not that I'm at all against that either.

OF

OF,
Before I or anyone else expends a lot of effort to organize their thoughts and type it all out let me ask you point blank, did you try the search function?

TIA for the answer.

OF

Actually yes I did, I couldn't find a definitive answer. I'm just looking for some help as are others, you don't need to be rude.

PointBlank,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Actually yes I did, I couldn't find a definitive answer. I'm just looking for some help as are others, you don't need to be rude.
the term is actually dry firing, but it essentially comes down to the same thing.
hitting the button w/o any concentrate in the cart.
what you are actually doing is trying to pre-oxidize the cart. clear info can be found in this thread or the vaporpedia page

Top Bottom