Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

shortwind

Hi THC Scientific:
Okay I got my V2 on Monday and charged it right away. Green light indicated that it was allegedly charged (after 3 and a half hours). Trying various inhalation techniques in the manual, I managed to get very minimal effects. Last night, I finally got one big decent puff out of it and had a quite nice effect...exactly what I was hoping for. But even after again charging the batts, back to miminal effects. No clogging...air flow is good. Guy who has used the earlier versions of the Omnicron at my local herbal club today thought it might be the battery positioning when I charge it...so went home and tried to position battery so the silver part of the plus side is hitting the correct charging part (I don't have the best terminology here, but doing it as the guy showed me). I will try again after a full 3 and half hours...but right away the light went green...so shouldn't it be fully charged??? What gives? Right now my MFLB provides much more potent hits, so I suspect something is wrong here.
Thanks!

shortwind,

vishus650

Hi THC Scientific:
Okay I got my V2 on Monday and charged it right away. Green light indicated that it was allegedly charged (after 3 and a half hours). Trying various inhalation techniques in the manual, I managed to get very minimal effects. Last night, I finally got one big decent puff out of it and had a quite nice effect...exactly what I was hoping for. But even after again charging the batts, back to miminal effects. No clogging...air flow is good. Guy who has used the earlier versions of the Omnicron at my local herbal club today thought it might be the battery positioning when I charge it...so went home and tried to position battery so the silver part of the plus side is hitting the correct charging part (I don't have the best terminology here, but doing it as the guy showed me). I will try again after a full 3 and half hours...but right away the light went green...so shouldn't it be fully charged??? What gives? Right now my MFLB provides much more potent hits, so I suspect something is wrong here.
Thanks!

it might be your concentrate isnt melted down fully, or that it takes a little bit longer to prime, which was my problem a couple of times

vishus650,

shortwind

Hi Vishus650...the local herb club guy used torch on the cart both when he initially loaded it and also today. Not sure what you mean by "priming"...but believe me I have taken multiple puffs on this and it's much much weaker effect than my MFLB....so weak it's barely an effect.

shortwind,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Hi Vishus650...the local herb club guy used torch on the cart both when he initially loaded it and also today. Not sure what you mean by "priming"...but believe me I have taken multiple puffs on this and it's much much weaker effect than my MFLB....so weak it's barely an effect.

Do you see the heater coil glow in the air tube? if yes then its not melted all the way down. If not, is your batteries charged? Does the light flicker then you press it?

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

Do you see the heater coil glow in the air tube? if yes then its not melted all the way down. If not, is your batteries charged? Does the light flicker then you press it?

Hey G, this is the second or third time you've mentioned the light flickering. What's that about?

TIA

OF

OF,

GR

I have had 3 carts that where faulty out of 20. The 1.5 ohm carts hit plenty hard but some oils taste so good in the 2.4 ohm carts that I still use them as well even though the hits are much smaller and more work to get them.

GR,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Hey G, this is the second or third time you've mentioned the light flickering. What's that about?

TIA

OF

Originally the v2 was designed to go with protected batteries, but we shipped them out with IMR, because after production we decided to include better batteries since we had the Universe attachment coming out.

IMR is about 3mm shorter then protected, this sometimes causes the battery not to connect properly if there is a mm difference or less.

This is why we had the longer caps if anyone wants to upgrade to the longer caps, but if you use the longer caps that means you cant use protected batteries anymore.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Uce

Reggae boomblasta slowvapor coughfasta
Originally the v2 was designed to go with protected batteries, but we shipped them out with IMR, because after production we decided to include better batteries since we had the Universe attachment coming out.

IMR is about 3mm shorter then protected, this sometimes causes the battery not to connect properly if there is a mm difference or less.

This is why we had the longer caps if anyone wants to upgrade to the longer caps, but if you use the longer caps that means you cant use protected batteries anymore.

@THC so wait...
The batts I have for my v2 are not the ones im sapose to use?

Uce,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
@THC so wait...
The batts I have for my v2 are not the ones im sapose to use?

No they are the ones you are supposed to you, you just might have the early ones, where you can use protected batteries.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

Ah, so! Possible intermittent contact, makes sense now, thanks.

OF

OF,

rayfar

@THC. i just want to make sure i understand the warranty info correctly. u make it sound like if i buy my unit from a dispensary i get the full lifetime warranty? but if i buy it on ebay or another auction site, i do not get any warranty. Im kind of confused about if i u buy the item at a dispensary and use a discount card -- i know a place that has the v2 and i plan on using my FTP discount to buy it... will that affect my warranty??

Im assuming that when the dispensaries buy the units from u, they buy at a specific price; then it shouldnt really matter how much they want to sell their units for -- the profit for delta9 should be the same regardless?

thanks. hopefully u can answer my post by tomorrow cuz i plan on making some nice 4/20 purchases.

also, THC, wat are you 4/20 plans in socal?

rayfar,

ilovedoobies!

Question what about making a carrying case for the carts? Like a medical pill bottle style
With slots in the inside for the carts like the older style
Pencil holders? Just a thought

shortwind

Hi THC Scientific and All:
Okay...took it off the charger. Checked for glow in heater tube...NONE. But when I pressed the button, it again flashed as if it wasn't charged. Took a hit or two. Again, very little effect. So I'm guessing something may be wrong with batteries or charger or ??????

shortwind,

shortwind

Sorry for second post here. By the way, I tested this with both batteries. So maybe it's the charger that's faulty??

shortwind,

Silvercloud538

Hi THC Scientific:
Thanks!

Here ya go shortwind ~ w/o drawing ,from a cold start ,hold button before last sec cutoff ,then

release quickly ,do it again ,*repeat for a count of 5 ,then slowly start to draw [ should

feel/hear '"pop"' ,then ,before letting up ,release and quickly press to return to finish

inhalation ~ Enjoy :tup::tup:

Psst * ... primetiming will be shorter for sativas ,longer for indicas :)

Silvercloud538,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Hi THC Scientific and All:
Okay...took it off the charger. Checked for glow in heater tube...NONE. But when I pressed the button, it again flashed as if it wasn't charged. Took a hit or two. Again, very little effect. So I'm guessing something may be wrong with batteries or charger or ??????

Is the screws clean? I mean the threading on the unit and bottom of the cartridge. If yes then you might have a bad top, we will replace if you can ship it to us. Please contact us from our website and we will handle it.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
@THC. i just want to make sure i understand the warranty info correctly. u make it sound like if i buy my unit from a dispensary i get the full lifetime warranty? but if i buy it on ebay or another auction site, i do not get any warranty. Im kind of confused about if i u buy the item at a dispensary and use a discount card -- i know a place that has the v2 and i plan on using my FTP discount to buy it... will that affect my warranty??

Im assuming that when the dispensaries buy the units from u, they buy at a specific price; then it shouldnt really matter how much they want to sell their units for -- the profit for delta9 should be the same regardless?

thanks. hopefully u can answer my post by tomorrow cuz i plan on making some nice 4/20 purchases.

also, THC, wat are you 4/20 plans in socal?

We did our warranty do that rogue stores don't sell it cheaper and undercut other retailers. This warranty we have set up deters consumers from encouraging these rogue retailers from under cutting other retailers. This is why we require original receipts with warranty issues.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

rayfar

We did our warranty do that rogue stores don't sell it cheaper and undercut other retailers. This warranty we have set up deters consumers from encouraging these rogue retailers from under cutting other retailers. This is why we require original receipts with warranty issues.

so if i get any kind of discount, i get no warranty??

rayfar,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
so if i get any kind of discount, i get no warranty??

this is for online auctions, ebay amazone and sort. If you bought it at a shop and we check that shop out that its not advertising cheaper prices then your good. As long as they are not advertising cheaper prices we are good.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Uce

Reggae boomblasta slowvapor coughfasta
@THC

I REMEMBER A FEW PAGES BACK YOU ASKD IF SOMBODY WOULD
RUN SOME .5s in the 1.5carts to see how it runs?

Well I have four 1.5carts at the moment..
I plan to run of my own grapefruit (jolly) thru the carts
No bullshit ima see if it's better just to load half ata time..

I just loaded it in...now waitn for the cool down
Made shur I oxidized or unoxidize what not
Held down the button a few times surprising
Just a little whisp of white fog...then it was ready cart weighing at 7.4
Put the half now it's at 7.9...

Well see how its goes...would like to solve the best amount to fill at a time
And I will TELL ALL...SO FAR RUNNING THE HALF
IS GIVING ME NO PROBS

@To whom it may concern
IT'S THE FILLING... SETING IT SOMWARES TO cool...
Checkn cart after to see light still glowing
Did for a sec...but stop after a few pulls..
now just fills up with vapor like my V1 used to...

I will do more work an see how it goes
So this will be a to be continued......

UCE

O and also...no clogging what SO EVER JUST A consistent EVEN FLOW of vapor

Uce,

OF

Here ya go shortwind ~ w/o drawing ,from a cold start ,hold button before last sec cutoff ,then

release quickly ,do it again ,*repeat for a count of 5 ,then slowly start to draw [ should

feel/hear '"pop"' ,then ,before letting up ,release and quickly press to return to finish

inhalation ~ Enjoy :tup::tup:

Psst * ... primetiming will be shorter for sativas ,longer for indicas :)

Careful with the advice, SC. The man's running a V2, there is no time out involved, right?

And it sounds for all the world like he has a charger problem, things aren't getting hot for him, no amount of priming is going to change that.

I think what's needed is situation specific troubleshooting advice, not generally good advice that relates to a different issue in a different model?

OF

Edit: I checked again the other day when loading some concentrates, I still can't find a real difference between strains WRT priming. More seems to have to do with the nature of the concentrate (hard/easy to melt) than the source of the extract. Anyone else seeing this species related priming distinction? TIA OF

OF,
Reactions: Darb

OF

Hi THC Scientific:
Thanks!

This is, I think, your second post with this information? Nobody at THC seems to have piped up so let me take a lash?

The battery must have some charge or the lights wouldn't work normally on the V2 and you would not have got warm enough for the one lone hit. I assume the cart gets warm near the base even though it's not producing vapor?

If we've got heat and we did get some production, and the lights are behaving normally, let's assume what we really have is a cart issue (by far more common). Is this happening with more than one cart? How confident are you of the loading? I'm thinking what we have going is a load that's not fully melted down to the wick so it's not feeding well at all. What little concentrate is making it down eventually is producing modest vapor, but not enough is getting down fast enough. Before we take a torch to the cart to try to sort it out, have you tried more carts? Anyone you know have a 'known good' cart you can try or that can try one of yours on their vape for you?

OF

OF,

Ogseed

HAPPY HOLIDAZE !!!!

unknownby.jpg

Hope everyone has a fantastic 420!!! Better be more VAPING, DABBING,SMOKING, TOKING and JOKING today!

Top Bottom