OLD MATE (formerly Medgrind)

acorn

Got mine the other day, I LOVE IT! Smooth, effortless grind that gives great results. Sometimes the top lid doesn't get off, but after a spin or two it gets loose and open up. Definitely the last grinder I'd ever buy :)
How long did it take to get? After ordering, how long till it shipped? Thanks!

DRAG-0n

Update 2 regarding stuck lid:
I replaced NTN bearing with a bones red as it was available and cheap. Shielded side down towards the teeth and unshielded side up. Works much better to get the lid on and off than it was before and spins for 30 seconds with a good flick.

@LesPlenty gonna try one of those ceramic bearings out as it may make it even easier to remove the lid. Was the one you bought the 8x22x7mm full ceramic?

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
Update 2 regarding stuck lid:
I replaced NTN bearing with a bones red as it was available and cheap. Shielded side down towards the teeth and unshielded side up. Works much better to get the lid on and off than it was before and spins for 30 seconds with a good flick.

@LesPlenty gonna try one of those ceramic bearings out as it may make it even easier to remove the lid. Was the one you bought the 8x22x7mm full ceramic?
I somehow suspect the problem comes from bearings that are not seated perfectly level, as I have no problem with my ntn.
Cool you could resolve the problem and I guess the open bearing on top looks pretty good.

Thick Vape,
Reactions: LesPlenty

DRAG-0n

I got both the hybrid and the full ceramic, the white-walled latest video version is the all-ceramic almost 3-minute spinner.:tup:
Awesome, just wanted to check the dimensions as well. 8x22x7mm were the specific ones used right?

Thick vape, it does look really nice with the ball bearings and clear strip over it. It also does that optical illusion where the balls look to be going the opposite way when the lid is spinning fast

Last edited:

onesixty2

Still enjoying this grinder. It’s got a solid and consistent fluffy medium fine grind on my side with the flower I’ve put through.

I know we keep posting a lot of spinning talk which IS fun, but ya this is legit a great buy for a SS grinder even if you don’t have adhd I’d wager.

SquirrelMaster

Still enjoying this grinder. It’s got a solid and consistent fluffy medium fine grind on my side with the flower I’ve put through.

I know we keep posting a lot of spinning talk which IS fun, but ya this is legit a great buy for a SS grinder even if you don’t have adhd I’d wager.
It's between this and the ss BCG for best grinders imo. I'm not aware of any other grinder that free spins like the Old Heads, which is awesome, but the Aroma-3 also gives a great finished product.

GratefulDread

Can we get an update from those with the lid-magnet version of the grinder?
Happy with it? Wish you got the non-magnet version? Any other thoughts?
I see the value in both versions and now I'm considering getting the magnet version since there's the option of using a fully ceramic bearing If I don't like it. (Thanks @LesPlenty)
Have also seen a few people mention the issue of ground material flying out the sides of the grinder. Does that happen during normal usage? Or just when you're trying to break spin-time records?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I see the value in both versions and now I'm considering getting the magnet version since there's the option of using a fully ceramic bearing If I don't like it. (Thanks @LesPlenty)

No complaints really, it just takes a little more mindful effort to pull the lid off, but it is secure and it works well it becomes more difficult the dirtier it gets I suppose? I am actually more interested in getting a new one (with finer plate) that has the full ceramic bearing instead of no magnet at all now...

Have also seen a few people mention the issue of ground material flying out the sides of the grinder. Does that happen during normal usage? Or just when you're trying to break spin-time records?

In my experience that literally only happens if you are trying to grind upside down, it could theoretically happen if you had really fat nugs that were preventing the grinder from closing down all the way, but it normally used it is not an issue in my experience (and I do use spin to grind)

SquirrelMaster

Mine only launches some specs of material when I free spin it hard, and I'm talking a few teeny specs that just catch the light right, otherwise they wouldn't be noticeable.

I have no issues with the magnet personally and I think the lack of a groove (like the newer versions have) probably has more impact on the ease of opening. I can't say for sure without trying one though. The magnet isn't really neccessary imo with how hefty this grinder is. If it gets knocked over, sure it's going to spill, but so could any other grinder.

GratefulDread

Mine only launches some specs of material when I free spin it hard, and I'm talking a few teeny specs that just catch the light right, otherwise they wouldn't be noticeable.

I have no issues with the magnet personally and I think the lack of a groove (like the newer versions have) probably has more impact on the ease of opening. I can't say for sure without trying one though. The magnet isn't really neccessary imo with how hefty this grinder is. If it gets knocked over, sure it's going to spill, but so could any other grinder.
Are any of the "newer versions" out in the wild yet? I wasn't sure if he was actually going ahead with the changes.
@OMD Any updates?

GratefulDread,
Reactions: LesPlenty

OMD

Accessory Maker
Are any of the "newer versions" out in the wild yet? I wasn't sure if he was actually going ahead with the changes.
@OMD Any updates?
There is no new versions out there.

I have literally just opened up orders again on my website. All orders placed from now will have the slip in bearing with circlip, filleted post design and grooves on the outside.

The new price is $112 USD and is soon likely to rise to $132 USD to match the market value. This will allow me to potentially hire someone to help me out and get these to you faster.

Orders are now open and I will be updating the photos and description today.

I am a small one man show and I’m working as hard as I can to get these out to you while developing some more exciting products for you. This means Atm I need up to 3 weeks to process your orders. (I can usually get them out in around a week). I don’t want to rush the orders and compromise quality.

Thankyou all for the support and feedback so far it’s been great!

I am also in talks with vgoodiez about having him become my USD distributor so you guys can get them in around 3 days from order.

Exciting times ahead guys!

PS: I have had so many enquires etc and I worry I have left someone waiting on a reply or something. If you’re waiting on me to do something for you and you haven’t heard back from me in a while please message me again (I won’t be offended)

Thankyou!

GratefulDread

There is no new versions out there.

I have literally just opened up orders again on my website. All orders placed from now will have the slip in bearing with circlip, filleted post design and grooves on the outside.

The new price is $112 USD and is soon likely to rise to $132 USD to match the market value. This will allow me to potentially hire someone to help me out and get these to you faster.

Orders are now open and I will be updating the photos and description today.

I am a small one man show and I’m working as hard as I can to get these out to you while developing some more exciting products for you. This means Atm I need up to 3 weeks to process your orders. (I can usually get them out in around a week). I don’t want to rush the orders and compromise quality.

Thankyou all for the support and feedback so far it’s been great!

I am also in talks with vgoodiez about having him become my USD distributor so you guys can get them in around 3 days from order.

Exciting times ahead guys!

PS: I have had so many enquires etc and I worry I have left someone waiting on a reply or something. If you’re waiting on me to do something for you and you haven’t heard back from me in a while please message me again (I won’t be offended)

Thankyou!
Great news, thanks for the update and for all the hard work.
Exciting times indeed!
Looking forward to owning one soon. 👍

shroomi

I'm enjoying very much my FE Aroma-3, amazing work man! I'm excited to see what else you come up with, I'm a huge gadget addict (among others ehhhh...), and I've just started my collection :)

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

developing some more exciting products for you

im-listening-alexis-rose.gif

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Been using my OM A3 for about a month. I like it a lot. Grinds nicely, easy to use, generally fun. I had some trouble opening to top section to load at first, but I trained myself to pull it straight up which resolved that issue. It produces a nice consistent grind. It does not seem to jam up like my HR and SCS, which is pretty much required for me now.

The grind plate is a nice compromise for all my vapes, but I would love to get a course plate too. I have not had any material come flying out at any spin speed ever. Definitely a top grinder, especially for the price!

Last edited:

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
I produces a nice consistent grind.
It really does, doesn't it!
All the grinders i used before had trouble with extra sticky or extra dank or super dense weed. Not only did they clog sooner or later but there was always some weed that got compressed instead of sliced, always some 'grinderhash' buildup on teeth or the sides, they were all difficult to use/ not ergonomic (i realise that now more then before), always some inconsistency in the grind, material that got stuck in the grinding area...

But this thing is just amazing: cuts thru everything with ease and never had any weed that got pressed or rolled instead of cut.
It's really a joy to use imo!
It genuinly feels like it will never jam on me.
And the spinning function actually helps keeping it clean: i will always carry on until it spins freely so nothing gets left behind in the teeth area after grinding.
Sometimes it spins freely but it stops quite sudden instead of slowly slowing down: then i know there is some small particle caught somewhere, take a toothpick and no rest before i found the little bugger...
When totally free it usually even spins back a little when it stops: and that is my sweet spot... :D

It's almost like a build in 'self-cleaning' function! Not possible to put away when not free spinning...

Top Bottom