• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

OLD MATE (formerly Medgrind)

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Just stumbled across this in my YT travels, looks very clean and…well mesmerizing when it’s spinning! I did some cursory looking for more info here and didn’t find any. If anyone has more info let us know!

Edited to add new website link: http://oldmatedesigns.com/

Last edited by a moderator:

ConePiece

Been keeping an eye on this grinder, nice to see someone post it here. Hes only just released these to the public like a week or 2 ago so haven't seen any user reports just yet but if you watch his youtube vids he talks about issues hes ironing out so it's still very much in the beta stage, 3pc version also on the cards for once the design is finalized. Bearing design seems kind of gimmicky but price is pretty damn nice for a SS grinder.

OMD

Accessory Maker
Hello Everyone! Thankyou for the support!

I have approx 60 of these grinders out in the wild now and the feedback i have received has been very promising.

I have been working my butt off this weekend creating a prototype 3 piece MEDGRIND.

If you'd like to check it out please have a look at my latest YouTube video here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmCDFa416dK_-NaMggfgO7g

I'm willing to work with you guys to make this grinder the best i can so if you have any ideas/criticism i am all ears.

Thankyou again! The future seems bright!

Knewt

I have approx 60 of these grinders out in the wild now and the feedback i have received has been very promising.

I have been working my butt off this weekend creating a prototype 3 piece MEDGRIND.

If you'd like to check it out please have a look at my latest YouTube video here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmCDFa416dK_-NaMggfgO7g

I'm willing to work with you guys to make this grinder the best i can so if you have any ideas/criticism i am all ears.

I really enjoyed the prototype matching video. It’s interesting to see how others go through their design process.

Knewt,
Reactions: OMD

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Yeah I think that three-piece prototype looks absolutely fantastic so far my dude! Welcome to FC, thanks for joining us here, I think you'll find many of us are happy to help in any way that we can, many here should be interested in this product I would think :D:tup:

OMD

Accessory Maker
Thankyou guys so much for the warm welcome! Such a good vibe on here.

I have decided to include a prototype 3 piece in Timps27's order to do some beta testing.

I'm glad there is now a forum to discuss the development of my hardware, moving foward i will use this thread for updates etc.

Again, thanking all of you for the support!

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
The prototype 3 piece looks very nice! Medgrind might consider a silicone accessory that presses onto the rotating, hexagon piece to provide extra leverage for users with large hands or arthritis/grip issues. That way it can keep the slim profile. The silicone "sleeve" should have a hole in the center so you can still see the cool bearing. Or Medgrind could offer a larger option with more depth. Just a thought. :)

Photonic,

3dayphunk

Interesting, look promising! I'm so used to grinders that dump down into a compartment in the bottom though. Sorry, don't know the terminology.

3dayphunk,

OMD

Accessory Maker
What is the expected price for these, and how wide is the grinder?
About 90USD but subject to change. this grinder is 60mm wide.

The prototype 3 piece looks very nice! Medgrind might consider a silicone accessory that presses onto the rotating, hexagon piece to provide extra leverage for users with large hands or arthritis/grip issues. That way it can keep the slim profile. The silicone "sleeve" should have a hole in the center so you can still see the cool bearing. Or Medgrind could offer a larger option with more depth. Just a thought. :)
Yes i have actually 3d printed a soft piece that sits on the top, needs a bit more work but the idea is there!

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
That looks very cool, but you made the YT video age-restricted.... come on dude!

Haze Mister,

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
I have seen a lot of YT videos here that were not age restricted. Not trolling - I am also interested in this, and not a problem- I just won't be ordering for a while as it's not exactly essential.
:shrug:

Feel how you want but I think this is ultimately the reason for the choice. If you want max eyeballs it's the obvious frontrunner.

I was actually addressing @MCH . Uploading to YT doesn't prevent the uploader from uploading the same video elsewhere. Fuck Google and its takeover of the internet.:rockon:

Haze Mister,

Cloud McLongFoot

So good to see you finally on FC. I’m an Aussie MC patient myself and have been keeping an eye on your stuff! Super keen to get my hands on the 3 piece as soon as it’s available, would even be happy to do some testing for you 😂

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
YouTube have already given me an account warning for grinding cannabis on film and not restricting my video to 18+. I'm sorry but i will never post an unrestricted YouTube video again.
I think it is still fine to post age restricted videos.

Grass Yes,

OMD

Accessory Maker
So good to see you finally on FC. I’m an Aussie MC patient myself and have been keeping an eye on your stuff! Super keen to get my hands on the 3 piece as soon as it’s available, would even be happy to do some testing for you 😂
Sweet mate! I aim to have this design ironed out in the next week or so! thankyou

Top Bottom