OLD MATE (formerly Medgrind)

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Purple is my go to color always, but the way the bearing metal is blued around the teal looks pretty cool too!
Purple also combines neat with the metal in this pic
unnamed.jpg

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Purple is my go to color always, but the way the bearing metal is blued around the teal looks pretty cool too!
Purple also combines neat with the metal in this pic
unnamed.jpg

Haha yes I was deciding between those two! Thought I would go purple, and then went for blue... It seems like the metal ring that surrounds it on both sides, is actually heat treated metal, so it has different hues for each example, sometimes contrasting and sometimes blending with the color choice... I felt like blue was the best bet for looking good with that too, but I agree the purple looks really fantastic with it, as does the teal!

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Yeah upon closer look I might go with the green or teal, better with that colored ring than the pink which might turn out nice but might be off. But before all that raw machined inside is a must for me.

Also @MCH preferably the holes in the grinder plate are angled so that they become sharp and the cutting helps the ground herb fall into the compartment as soon as the particles have the right size, making an even grind.

OMD

Accessory Maker
Hey guys, I received the bearings today. The bearings are "lickety Splits" from https://betterbearings.com.au/ an Australian company.

I will add the colour "Teal" as Better Bearings have called it.

If you selected blue and would like the teal (or anyother colour) could you please reply to your order confirmation email and ill add the note to your order and get it fixed up.

Sorry about this and thankyou all!!

EDIT: I have also just added a photo of all the bearings to the pre order page.

OMD

Accessory Maker
@MCH will you be offering the 3 piece with raw machined finish or bead blasted or is it possible to pick?

The colors are really cool I'm digging the pink one.

Also purple, aquamarine and blue

@Grass Yes I mean yeah you should do that buddy, the color is part of what makes them so great imo
I'd like to offer raw machined. I like the shiny smooth machined finish but if you guys want a bead blasted one i can certainly make that happen for you!

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
@MCH do you have a video of the 3 piece grinding up flower? It would be nice to see how it performs. Thanks!

Photonic,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Shit Snacks

@MCH do you have a video of the 3 piece grinding up flower? It would be nice to see how it performs. Thanks!

Did you read this thread? There was a video of the three-piece grinding that was shared, at least that's what I watched here previously...

I just noticed in the video in op there's also this plans for a vape being mentioned!!!

Ah yeah IDB mentioned that to me too, glad MCH is part of the community here now for the future!

It also has some nice shots of the colors with the rings. I hope my teal one will have a purple ring because the contrast looks awesome.

Yeah exactly, they are rainbow rings, so some can be more green, I also really hope I get one that has more purple rings to go around my light blue like this photo :D

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
Did you read this thread? There was a video of the three-piece grinding that was shared, at least that's what I watched here previously.
Oh yeah, I did see that video... The grinding part showed up a bit of the way in. Rewatching it reminded me why I suggested some type of grip attachment on the bearing side lid. It didn't look particularly easy to turn, at least compared to the BCG.

EarthworldTim

Oh yeah, I did see that video... The grinding part showed up a bit of the way in. Rewatching it reminded me why I suggested some type of grip attachment on the bearing side lid. It didn't look particularly easy to turn, at least compared to the BCG.
The top piece is faceted on the sides rather than smooth and round like the BCG. I would think those flat sides would make it easier to maintain grip and rotate in general.

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
I don't know it looked pretty great to me
Really? Looks difficult to grip the hexagon shaped lid due to how thin it is. He seemed to fumble a bit until it was fully ground and it spun freely.

That said, I will be stoked to find out I'm 100% wrong! Looking forward to early adopters providing feedback indicating that I'm way off the mark.

EarthworldTim

Really? Looks difficult to grip the hexagon shaped lid due to how thin it is. He seemed to fumble a bit until it was fully ground and it spun freely.

That said, I will be stoked to find out I'm 100% wrong! Looking forward to early adopters providing feedback indicating that I'm way off the mark.
I feel like the extra chamber in the 3 piece will help with gripping the bottom without interfering with the other hand rotating the top piece. That two piece is just thinner and likely trickier with big mitts.

Shit Snacks

Okay I see what you mean now, I suppose that hexagon part could be a tiny bit larger longer with more grip, but that would also make the grinder larger heavier more expensive? And yeah I'm not sure if it's necessary, when you have a three-piece, and you can use fingertips to grip the hexagon shape, I feel like you should also be able to grip it well with your palm, and or fingers around the outer lid, like a BCG? TBD!

Last edited:

ConePiece

Agreed, I love all the tooling marks!
Glad i'm not the only one, not sure if everyone else feels the same way of course.

Looks pretty cool compared to the flat bottoms of other grinders, less machining/processing required too and seems like the grooves would be nice to rest your pinky and ring fingers on for a bit of grip.

Top Bottom