OLD MATE (formerly Medgrind)

LesPlenty

Company Rep
They sound great, I look forward to hearing how it spins.:tup:
I am using mine as a timer for heat soaking my Ti injector bowl, clockwise=30 seconds, anti= about 20.

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
Did the package look adulterated?
Yes. It looked like the tape got partly removed and it was open at a corner.

Customs did take a x-ray, so it should show up there or they should have noted the weight at least.
I am trying to contact them to see where the thing got lost or if I can gather any more information.
Post office people here, were more like, oh things can get lost sometimes...
I was like I gonna miss to pay too sometimes or what?
They will call back.
I wonder if I can get through to some human assistance at the customs...after the break.

shroomi

Europe's getting it's Old Matey's! #36 came in this morning, with some taxes (expected).
Looks very solid and feels very heavy and sturdy! Most importantly, spins great.
One thing though, the bearing seems to be in place at an angle: this maybe is normal, but i can see, where the upper part meets the middle section, that one side is maybe 0.2mm higher than the other. When I spin the grinder with the lid up, this is not visible, but when I spin it upside-down (lid as base) you can see it wiggle a bit. This does not impair function in any way tho, maybe it cuts a few seconds away from total spin time.

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
Europe's getting it's Old Matey's! #36 came in this morning, with some taxes (expected).
Looks very solid and feels very heavy and sturdy! Most importantly, spins great.
One thing though, the bearing seems to be in place at an angle: this maybe is normal, but i can see, where the upper part meets the middle section, that one side is maybe 0.2mm higher than the other. When I spin the grinder with the lid up, this is not visible, but when I spin it upside-down (lid as base) you can see it wiggle a bit. This does not impair function in any way tho, maybe it cuts a few seconds away from total spin time.
Cool!
I am happy I didn't have to pay taxes for the empty package at least. :D

As expected no one knew anything for sure at the post office or customs.
But the customs lady thinks it is more likely that it got lost after customs or they would have marked it as empty package.
I try to let it search, as it may have fallen out of the package by accident.

Now back to grinding stories.

sedentree

Any Vapman owners here? I just got one and the consensus seems to be a fine grind is best. This thread has this lovely looking grinder as producing a more medium grind. Does it really make that much of a difference do folks think? To be fair, I can see myself just getting this Aroma 3 anyway but curious to hear from yous.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Any Vapman owners here? I just got one and the consensus seems to be a fine grind is best.
Hey, welcome to FC.
Not a Vapman owner but, yes, different grinds can sometimes be better than others in a given vape.
That said, with the OM you can always grind upside-down briefly if you want a finer grind, just as you can in other grinders.

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
Package was empty.
Hope it gets used well at least.
Have fun.

Ooh man, that really sucks...
Really sorry this happened man...
Good luck, I hope you can sort it out somehow...

tbh: Reading posts like this gives me stress.
My package is airborn as we speak so i can only hope it avoids any trouble or doesn't encounter any sticky fingers somewhere along the way (and it's a long way so the risk is real i guess :(...)
Sure hope it arrives, not only am i very stoked to see it in real life and give it a spin but i'm also currently without grinder so i'm really needing it/waiting for it/counting on it...

I'm quite sure you can straighten it out since they are interchangeable?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Any Vapman owners here? I just got one and the consensus seems to be a fine grind is best. This thread has this lovely looking grinder as producing a more medium grind. Does it really make that much of a difference do folks think? To be fair, I can see myself just getting this Aroma 3 anyway but curious to hear from yous.

The VM is a bit more versatile than that, and so is the OM, if you stuff it more full, especially more moist dense buds, you can get a more fine grind as it keeps them in the chamber longer... You could also try grinding upside down, which is always the best way for a truly fine grind, although I think the BCG might be a bit better for that style, it is certainly possible with the OM it seems as well! Finally you could ask for smaller holes in the plate of your OM if possible...

farmerpalmersnt

I'd not be keen on losing the magnet. I'd be very concerned about that coming apart in a bag or pocket and slicing anything it smacked into.

I also love the smooth sides, looks like a hybrid between a revolver and a piston head. The lines kinda lose that unique aesthetic imo. Looks a bit more like a regular grinder. It's kinda impressive in its simplicity/brutality, which goes well with its weight and merciless grind :lol:

DaVapeGuy

I'd not be keen on losing the magnet. I'd be very concerned about that coming apart in a bag or pocket and slicing anything it smacked into.
Do a lot of people carry stainless steel grinders in their bags and pockets?

My grinders sit on my desk, if I need material out and about I'll just pre-grind it into a container.

Either way you could just put a band around it or in a case and there would be no issues.

For a grinder I'd take ease of use over pocketability all day long

EarthworldTim

My grinders sit on my desk, if I need material out and about I'll just pre-grind it into a container.

Either way you could just put a band around it or in a case and there would be no issues.

The aroma 3 is certainly an accessory I plan to keep at home exclusively but I feel the same as @farmerpalmersnt about the original design with the magnet and smooth sides. I've been fidgeting with it daily at my desk and I don't have any issues at all.

farmerpalmersnt

My grinder goes in a bag occasionally, or a glovebox or whatever, yeah.

It's not like the magnet makes it hard to use for most, although a nice option if you have difficulty with grip for any reason.

Top Bottom