• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

OLD MATE (formerly Medgrind)

farmerpalmersnt

Received mine today, absolutely beautiful. Tried it on some loose fluffy sativa that was not long dried and still a bit soft. Best grind out of all my grinders on that. Santa Cruz, BCG and SLX all did a worse job. I'll try some well cured indica later as that's probably a fairer test. Seems somewhere between the BCG medium and SLX for grind size.

Last edited:

farmerpalmersnt

Yeah. I'm sold. Just tried with a few nugs of jungle cake. Beautiful fluffy soft grind. No signs of any compressed, crushed or rolled up bits. Buttery smooth. The inertia from the mass of the thing really gives it an effortless feel. Plus it's just awesome to play with and admire. Exceptional engineering. Fair play.

Knewt

I checked my shipping update this morning and it was still sitting after arriving in the US a few days ago. This afternoon it was in the mail box. I was an early believer, serial number 015. The design and the matching are nearly perfect. This is truly an amazing beta run.

There is also a hidden 2nd function to the grinder. With the lid off of the assembled 2 bottom pieces, take a thin piece of string and make about 3 wraps around the finger pull part of the lid, about 20” per wrap, now place the lid upside down on top of the lower parts. Hold the bottom and pull the string, you own personal mulching device!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
did not get to use it until late for some indica, really nice fresh rainbow runtz

PXL-20230203-054420542.jpg

PXL-20230203-054637930.jpg

PXL-20230203-054814603.jpg

Really nice experience, effortless turning, pretty fast, although the grind is a bit more medium coarse with these buds at least (not sure if this would work well trying to grind upside down for a more fine grind like I do with BCG, could be a bit more particular like FM in that way) but I am very happy with the grind, pretty consistent for coarse, and yeah just can't stop playing with the spin!
Was the product a little on the dry side? It seems like the dryer the herb the quicker it would fall down the holes and the more moist the longer it would bind together and get masticated by the teeth. Felvape’s newer test videos seem to have the same grind plate as these production models and his final grind looked much finer.
No as I said this was some of my freshest most moist, that doesn't mean it's super moist though, but it is compared to the drier stuff I have, which I have not tested any of yet, and yep as I said the grind depends on the buds as well as the grinder holes really
Even holding it cocked at a slight angle would probably help, while lowering the risk of herb in the bearing. The herb could tumble a few more times like laundry in the dryer before sifting through the mesh plate.
Yeah, also with it being brand new, it ground so quickly, and as you see in the photos very little crumb was left behind stuck to teeth or holes... We'll see how it goes over time!
PXL-20230204-083516371.jpg

PXL-20230204-084620099.jpg

Alright yeah these older lemon tree nugs were actually even more moist and dense, more of a full load those still room, and as you see the grind is a bit finer! Although a bit more is stuck to the teeth this time... And I actually tried to turn a bit more at an angle at first, partially because it was actually much more difficult to get it going initially, gripping and turning with both hands holding it, but once it started to go I could rock it back and forth and then get a full revolution with easy spinning more quickly... I need to vape more so I can grind more, dump load in another lol

AlphaDeltaF1

how did you get the design on the top?

Mine has arrived in Israel now to clear customs. What was the value Old Mate put on the customs form?

Ben mentioned in one his YouTube videos Founder Edition units could be etched as a thank you for our support. He suggested adding a name etc. However, I thought it would be clever to add a fun design instead. So I searched Etsy for a design file and sent it over with my order email and Ben happily obliged. Stoked Ben made this a reality for me !

Who knew a grinder could be heady?

Shit Snacks

Awesome, and to be 000... :cool:

PXL-20230204-083516371.jpg

PXL-20230204-084620099.jpg

Alright yeah these older lemon tree nugs were actually even more moist and dense, more of a full load those still room, and as you see the grind is a bit finer! Although a bit more is stuck to the teeth this time... And I actually tried to turn a bit more at an angle at first, partially because it was actually much more difficult to get it going initially, gripping and turning with both hands holding it, but once it started to go I could rock it back and forth and then get a full revolution with easy spinning more quickly... I need to vape more so I can grind more, dump load in another lol

PXL-20230205-093341673.jpg

PXL-20230205-093328118.jpg

PXL-20230205-094339347.jpg

PXL-20230205-094349077.jpg

^Here is the next round, similar to the lemon tree, god's green crack (I keep calling it green goddess though lol) it really does cut clean, though I still need to get some sativa in here!

AlphaDeltaF1

Will there be grinders available to purchase after the pre-orders?

Were all 120 sold?

Looks like 120 founder editions sold during the pre-order

You could order one directly from the site now:

Shit Snacks

Awesome, and to be 000... :cool:

PXL-20230205-093341673.jpg

PXL-20230205-093328118.jpg

PXL-20230205-094339347.jpg

PXL-20230205-094349077.jpg

^Here is the next round, similar to the lemon tree, god's green crack (I keep calling it green goddess though lol) it really does cut clean, though I still need to get some sativa in here!

Dumped the above into a large BCG and ground this magic melon though I took a scoop before taking the photo lol
PXL-20230205-213320426.jpg

PXL-20230206-023740555.jpg

PXL-20230206-023746842.jpg

OCDeeeznuts

Question for those with the grinder. Are you happy with the "locking" mechanism between the middle and bottom layers?
It seems great; especially since it's more of an at-home grinder. Encountered any issues so far?
Mine is still in transit, so i cant attest to the holding power of the magnets. In my opinion though, Ben’s design with the entire outer edges of the grinder keying into a locked position when aligned is so much more superior to the BCG grinders threadless design.

claim2-Quick-Connect-Design.jpg

The OMD grinder mating all around the outer edge makes it exponentially more sturdy when turning compared to three little lugs in the center of the BCG. In realty its not like the BCG will ever sustain even close to enough torque to strip out the quick connect…but the OMD is a shit brick house by comparison.

DRAG-0n

Shipping note, I'm in US and the Australian Post system stopped updating a few days ago when the item landed in L.A.
Today I put the Aussie track number into USPS tracking and found that my package is out for delivery (NY) TODAY!
Exactly the same experience I had. Mine literally just got delivered

Im number 47, with NTN bearing. Top of the grinder came without any engraving like everyone I have seen posted. I think so many people asking probably pushed him to just leave it blank unless asked for something special, so he probably changed them all to that.

This thing is absolutely the heaviest grinder at this size. I have moderately big hands and i actually think this grinder could be a bit wider but the amazing grip on it fully makes up for that. It is the easiest grinder to turn in your hands. I love that there is no plastic friction ring that can/will wear down overtime and need a replacement.
There is almost zero tolerance for the main post to inner part of the bearing which does cause the center post to not slide in all the way at times, tiny wiggle and it closes properly (I will try and post a picture of this). Grind consistency looks perfect at medium consistency when using bud that has been cured for 3 months with 62% humidity packs. I will try and compare it using different buds and with an old diamond grind and a 2022 santa cruz shredder later. Im not sure if capacity is really that large comparatively, but I also dont have a reason to grind up more than .75 grams on a monday morning.
Having only a second to look at it before heading out I will say that this is probably the best grinder I have ever turned in my hands but I can scrutinize it more when I have some extra time on my hands. Exceedingly well done for Ben and his first time and definitely better than most grinders on the market that have had years to revise their designs.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Exactly the same experience I had. Mine literally just got delivered

Im number 47, with NTN bearing. Top of the grinder came without any engraving like everyone I have seen posted. I think so many people asking probably pushed him to just leave it blank unless asked for something special, so he probably changed them all to that.

This thing is absolutely the heaviest grinder at this size. I have moderately big hands and i actually think this grinder could be a bit wider but the amazing grip on it fully makes up for that. It is the easiest grinder to turn in your hands. I love that there is no plastic friction ring that can/will wear down overtime and need a replacement.
There is almost zero tolerance for the main post to inner part of the bearing which does cause the center post to not slide in all the way at times, tiny wiggle and it closes properly (I will try and post a picture of this). Grind consistency looks perfect at medium consistency when using bud that has been cured for 3 months with 62% humidity packs. I will try and compare it using different buds and with an old diamond grind and a 2022 santa cruz shredder later. Im not sure if capacity is really that large comparatively, but I also dont have a reason to grind up more than .75 grams on a monday morning.
Having only a second to look at it before heading out I will say that this is probably the best grinder I have ever turned in my hands but I can scrutinize it more when I have some extra time on my hands. Exceedingly well done for Ben and his first time and definitely better than most grinders on the market that have had years to revise their designs.
Mine has come as #56/120. Gorgeous, with purple bearing, but I didn't expect that the bearing's housing would also be in color! Kinda an iridescent purple to greenish going on.

I looked and looked at the number 56, couldn't place it and then it hit me. The 1969 Draft Lottery, my number was 56. On the radio the night they called the numbers out from the floor of Congress, I mis-heard and thought my number was 156.
Hilarity ensued when I put my name in the pool, thinking I'd be passed by and I got the letter from my draft board, directing me to show up for my conscription physical. Yeah, I was #56....
"You've been selected by a Board composed of your friends and neighbors..."

Back to the grinder. I asked for and got a plain top. But it is not plain, look closely and see beautiful swirls, from that milling machine Kevin was feeding!

Top Bottom