• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Old Head Hot Rod

MJL

Hi guys, can someone tell me what size intake/outflow holes are drilled on the hotrod injector head? Terminology is probably incorrect but hopefully you'll get what I mean.

coolbreeze

Portable Hot Rod:
IMG-1377.jpg

coolbreeze

It's still a very preliminary testing stage, but I've used it lightly at 4 o'clock for about 2 hours now and I've lost only one dot. Looks like I could use it on the porch for (or at a picnic, etc) for 5+ hours. At 4 this is roasting that little bowl thoroughly but med-tobacco dark.

Edit: Correction--it looks like it's losing about a dot per hour @ 4 o'clock, so I'd probably get about 3 hours from a charge without pushing it.

Edit: Just lost the third dot (>40%) at about 3.5 hrs. I'm gonna clean up this bowl and shut it down. Plenty of time for a picnic, I think!

Last edited:

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
I decided to finally fire up the HR after having spent the last couple months enjoying my Qaroma. Turned him on for a heat soak, came back 20 minutes later and it was barely warm, like I can hold it in my hand for as long as I want warm. It’s definitely on, indicator light on and it was warmer than room temp, could feel ‘some’ heat but maybe it was 100 or so I’m thinking.

Anyone have any trouble shooting ideas before I reach out to Brian?

coolbreeze

I decided to finally fire up the HR after having spent the last couple months enjoying my Qaroma. Turned him on for a heat soak, came back 20 minutes later and it was barely warm, like I can hold it in my hand for as long as I want warm. It’s definitely on, indicator light on and it was warmer than room temp, could feel ‘some’ heat but maybe it was 100 or so I’m thinking.

Anyone have any trouble shooting ideas before I reach out to Brian?
I think I would contact Brian. Maybe it's something he's dealt with.

Ionlyknowvape

AN & 4wks of Hydroponic BudSwell (2 more weaks)
About 3weeks ago my HR had a similar episode as described/Timps27. My heart sunk. Made the warranty email request. Brian turned it around quickly same way I sent it, adding a Stir Stick for the kitchen set. The handle cable was replaced and the HR is back 😊.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Nice, Brian has already returned my email and is happy to turn it around! Seeing how well the FT is going for him I think these will end up being a single run, definitely an item I am going to want in my collection for a very long time!

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Nice, Brian has already returned my email and is happy to turn it around! Seeing how well the FT is going for him I think these will end up being a single run, definitely an item I am going to want in my collection for a very long time!
Glad you reached out to Brian. I had a similar issue early on, and it was just a loose wire. Brian got it sorted in no time. It ended up feeling like a positive experience.
Love my other vapes, but can't stay away from the Hot Rod. HR gets turned on before I put on coffee in the morning.

bestvaping

Is Hot Rod still on the market? It is no longer available at Sticky Brick or on the Old Head sales site.

What's going on with this machine? Will it come back with a 2.0 version?

Low electric consumption (20W) interests me a lot in comparison with the Freight Train (100W).

I would love to get this thing for my sticky bricks 🤩

Anyone have information? Do I have to save for his return?

Rainbow and Rasta

Is Hot Rod still on the market? It is no longer available at Sticky Brick or on the Old Head sales site.

What's going on with this machine? Will it come back with a 2.0 version?

Low electric consumption (20W) interests me a lot in comparison with the Freight Train (100W).

I would love to get this thing for my sticky bricks 🤩

Anyone have information? Do I have to save for his return?
I believe the last HotRod was sold by Vapefiend late July

Top Bottom