• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Old Head Hot Rod

Texus

I hear it is already sold out. i am not sure about that heat shield solution though. Why is there not just a wooden hole you can stick it in.
I think it looks pretty dangerous if you ask me. But i only see it on pictures not in real life.
A slot of some sort would really help on safety side of things. And still trying to brainstorming other options for better securing the handle.

By the time it is in a place I feel comfortable the cord is then too short to reach my position.

Texus,

coolbreeze

I am not the only one saying that is just a dangrous device because the heater can easily fall off. So it is not a snark. it is just a genuine concern.
I am not here to trash people., i just don't want people to burn themself.
I understand that people are genuinely concerned. That's why I edited the snark out of my comment.

I will say that having used this device for several days, mine feels reasonably safe, as though it is performing as (sufficiently) designed. My experience does not reflect that of those who have shared their concerns. It goes without saying, however, that ball vapes get very hot and you should exercise reasonable caution and use it as designed.

Kudzu407

Para-Vaper
After a couple more runs I’m liking this Hot Rod ! It will milk a rig in 2 seconds with the dial set at about 2:30 on the dial. It does need a good heat soak,but once done it heats very evenly with no hot spots. I do not tamp at all. I put flower in bowl almost to the top and then just tap on the side of the bowl several times to settle the flower. Once done it is half full or a little more and no tamping at all.3 big hits and it’s done and fun. Never got to popcorn taste on any bowl. Really liking the wood bowl way more than expected. Never noticed any wood flavor from it and first hit is good flavors. Tried one glass bowl and went right back to the wood one. Glass got way to hot to handle and needed turned up more for the same effect.It is capable of monster clouds for sure👍

Rainbow and Rasta

I hear it is already sold out. i am not sure about that heat shield solution though.
I think it looks pretty dangerous if you ask me. But i only see it on pictures not in real life.

And i also read some comments that people cannot get big hits.. I think you really have to raise the temperature if that is the case.
I Sometimes vape my herborizer at 280c. It is no problem because when you hit it it cools down a lot. and the ABV looks just looks like medium roast coffee grind. You have to dial in your own preference of course. there is nothing wrong with a smaller hit, and some people probably even prefer that. I am really digging the Sativa high, so the lower temperatures are oke for me (220c on herborizer, that is "low temperature")., but sometimes it is just fun to take a cloudy hit and i put it at 280c. still no combustion (unless your heater touches the herbs.).

I have no idea on the hotrod temperatures, but I am very very sure it is possible to get big clouds. because i have seen Troy from the 420vapezone do it. But that guy like to vape on the edge of combustion. sometimes he combusts, but most of the time not. I personally rather not combust, because it is really gross and hard to get the ashtray taste out of the bong, and i certainly don't combust on purpose.
When you hit the herborizer at 280c what’s the number on the pid controller please ?

The Hot Rod is exactly what I was searching for in a desktop vape.

Something manual but so powerful you can evenly toast a bowl in one or very few hits

The J-Hook setup is comfortable with 2 heaped scoops tamped - done in 3 hits with one cleanup

View attachment 14602

View attachment 14604

View attachment 14605
What’s that glass and metal thingy you’ve between bowl and bubbler please ?

Rainbow and Rasta,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

daoist

When you hit the herborizer at 280c what’s the number on the pid controller please ?

It actually comes with a manual that tells what temperature is matching which number. So in case you want to know any more you know what to do.

daoist

So 280c should be 280 on the digital pid? i think.
Isn't that why you bought a digital in the first place, to read the temperature?

daoist,

Rainbow and Rasta

So 280c should be 280 on the digital pid? i think.
Isn't that why you bought a digital in the first place, to read the temperature?
No that’s not correct - 280c on the pid means the diffuser is 280c but air temperature is then 160c.

and no again I didn’t buy it to read temp - bought because it should be a great vaporizer.

Rainbow and Rasta,
Reactions: Vapordeflor

daoist

Oke. I only know my heater is at 280c. on the OG Ti . Airflow is cooling it down and how much that cooldown is i only can guess.
I still gets loads of flavour at 280c., loads of clouds too.

At 220c i get a sativa high. at 280c i get a better clear my schedule high. So my guestimate is that 220c on the heater is about 195c air temperature. At 280c it could probably drop a lot more down to about 210c air temperature. This is just based on how the high feels and what the ABV looks like.

No that’s not correct - 280c on the pid means the diffuser is 280c but air temperature is then 160c.

and no again I didn’t buy it to read temp - bought because it should be a great vaporizer.
Well i don't think you can compare the temperatures between the digiTi and the OG ti. Plus it depends on the drawspeed as well.

Duffer

Managed to score a Hotrod from Sneaky Pete’s Canadian site after reading that they were sold out in the U.S. It’s supposed to be here Tuesday and I’m pretty stoked. Last I checked they weren’t showing “Out of Stock” yet so if you haven’t made the leap yet…….

ThirdEyeHigh

ah okay thanks - is it better than with just the original HR glass

I thought I would try to cool down the wood bowl for the j hook by using the tiny might stem with cooling unit! it fits pretty much the same as the sticky brick glass. However I will say that it does change the air flow and you might have to turn the hot rod down as I have combusted twice with this setup.

Ionlyknowvape

AN & 4wks of Hydroponic BudSwell (2 more weaks)
Edit for unnecessary snark.

It's reasonably safe and pretty effective. I recommend it.
so far the only real danger I’ve found is it hits so well it’s difficult to put down. I also recommend the Old Head Hot Rod after one week+ of use. 2-scoops, 4-6 excellent hits will do the day. Then add an evening bowl for a smoothing capper. Thinking about it, the only danger had been when I over packed, causing a ‘bust’. Time consuming!

PossumMD

Yeah, so. This is my first desktop vape and I am in love already. Cord is a bit stiff. But performance. I am a bit of a lightweight, and it was still early in the night on my night off, so put in enough to cover the screen (which still about double what I'd put in my fw7 which is my "everyday" vape). To my surprise, my water piece cleared in like 10secs after being instantly whitewalled. I ran out of vapable compounds. The herb was coffee black/brown. Which is insane to me. I have a p80, TM, fw7, milaana, and fuck me. I have never experienced this power before. It hit so hard so quick. I had to have a lie down for 10mins or so. Just to stop the world spinning. It's like the others were joints, and this is the bong. That's how I'd compare the difference. And now I'm done with this, gonna give it another rip.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah, so. This is my first desktop vape and I am in love already. Cord is a bit stiff. But performance. I am a bit of a lightweight, and it was still early in the night on my night off, so put in enough to cover the screen (which still about double what I'd put in my fw7 which is my "everyday" vape). To my surprise, my water piece cleared in like 10secs after being instantly whitewalled. I ran out of vapable compounds. The herb was coffee black/brown. Which is insane to me. I have a p80, TM, fw7, milaana, and fuck me. I have never experienced this power before. It hit so hard so quick. I had to have a lie down for 10mins or so. Just to stop the world spinning. It's like the others were joints, and this is the bong. That's how I'd compare the difference. And now I'm done with this, gonna give it another rip.

Mass mass mass mass mass mass:cool::brow::ko:

Top Bottom