Old Head Hot Rod

kadjo

Its September. Any word here? Any word on who is selling SBL? A New site altogether?

This is one I saw early and fear I'm going to open up this thread and see that they've already been sold out!

androponic

vaped.
Last i saw on their “one more bowl” YouTube live with Brian from old head said he was still on track for September release but would probably be the very end of the month. Seemed like they are really pushing for this month.

Esquire

So is this an upgrade comparable to, say, an induction heater for a dynavap? Am I understanding correctly? Like torchless and no hotspots?

Edit to add: for a brick or a nova or something like that, I mean.
I don't think it's like an induction heater at all. I think it's more comparable to an Herborizer, or Flowerpot. I own the Herborizer, and the biggest noticeable difference I see right off the bat is the use of balls in the heating chamber, which should help to develop more, consistent heat. You are attaching this to your favorite glass, and the heat it generates will soak your herb as you inhale, allowing for a true convection experience. No matter how you use it, Dynavap is a conduction vaporizer, cooking your herb by creating heat around it by heating the steel, titanium stem, etc. This device creates heat by circulating super hot air, supplied not by a pump/fan (like a Volcano), but by your own inhalation. If this proves to be an improvement over the Herborizer, my favorite desktop piece, then it would generate top-shelf flavor and super strong effects, but with the ability to adjust up/down to increase flavor and decrease harshness. Hope this helps.

Esquire

Here's a pic I took of a unit last week. The heat shield is attached to the base.

View attachment 11084

:peace:
This collaboration looks very nice and compact, and I love the wood grains. I think the heat shield is a must for a device like this, which docks with the heating element pointed outwards. The herborizer has an optional docking glass holster (that's what I would call it), but this one is built-in and doesn't require a separate component, which I like. If the price is what I think it's going to be, the shield should be included as opposed to being an accessory, but it is what it is. As long as they stock the shield and it's not overpriced, I would purchase it if I was going to commit to spending the money on the unit itself.

Vasgas

Since they haven't announced an official price, there is nothing to adjust...
Wasn't talking bout anything official. Its not even launched yet, how can i expect anything official?

Do read post no. 14 though. And I'm sorry if my post offended you.

kadjo

Well it looks like mid October for release and $329 for the first batch. I really like the form factor on this. Get ready to vape.
Where did that info get posted? Is there any waitlist or sign up? I keep checking SBL and not sure where else to look

Esquire

I just picked one of these up with the Heatshield and Scoop. For the price, I definitely feel that the Heat Shield should have been included, and I'm not sure if this is a waste since I already have an Herborizer, which I consider to be the best desktop device I've ever used, but at least I'm willing to admit that I suffer from VAS.

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Damn this thing looks nice, but no 220v version available as yet for me to even consider dropping the readies. Defintely looking forward to hearing what you all think, though, once you get 'em in hand . . . . so please keep us posted.

:peace:

Top Bottom