Old Head Freight Train

RedZep

I can tell you a few things I have the B0 and the FT and the FT Pro.
side by side with B0 the air flow in the FT Pro is fully open very similar to the B0 but the effect that I get from the FT Pro is more intense then The B0 also the flavor is really good!
Still checking but solid performance and consist results I am running on 645F on the FT Pro and 630F on the B0 on RDK-300B PID
Nice. I recall a thinkdank episode where one of the hosts was saying he prefers FT Pro as he does a slow low inhale.

This is also my style. So I'm wandering how B0 and FT pro compare in this regard.

fubar

Ancient and opiniated inhaler
Anyone know where I can get a Ddave type of bowl for the freight train that puts the weed closer to the heat source?

Here's how I've been using mine - upside down with an 18mm female/female adapter, the standard ddave wand with weed in a little stainless steel cup works fine for me without water. I use it at a relatively low temperature of 335C and it works for me - but be careful to keep your face from being burned...

The whole story of the rustic coil guard is here:

Cereal4dinner

Here's how I've been using mine - upside down with an 18mm female/female adapter, the standard ddave wand with weed in a little stainless steel cup works fine for me without water. I use it at a relatively low temperature of 335C and it works for me - but be careful to keep your face from being burned...

The whole story of the rustic coil guard is here:
Your a mad man dry piping the FT haha! I meant a ddave bowl to be used like the standard bowl in a rig lol

fubar

Your a mad man dry piping the FT haha! I meant a ddave bowl to be used like the standard bowl in a rig lol
At 335c it works just fine for me and it's not at all a problem in terms of hot vapour - but I would not go much hotter than that.
I normally use an EQ (set at about 200C) but the FT definitely extracts faster and it's rather exciting to see me when I get vaked and find myself juggling 2 glass pieces and a very hot FT - I've started using it only for the first toke of the day - then all that glassware goes back onto the EQ so I don't hurt myself.
Pro tip: Never, ever leave glass attached to the FT when it's cold. If you heat it up with glass fitted to the outlet, there will be an expensive "ping" sound when the FT metal outlet expands and cracks the borosilicate glass :(
I did it once so you don't have to.

fubar

Yeah my lungs started burning when I saw that setup @fubar lol

Not as silly as it sounds - worth a try if you've never tested for yourself. At higher temperatures, it will be hot but the DDave stem does a pretty good job for me at 335C on the PID, and I don't want a water piece anywhere on my desk when I'm vaked - they have a bad habit of leaping into the air and shattering on the floor.

Cereal4dinner

Not as silly as it sounds - worth a try if you've never tested for yourself. At higher temperatures, it will be hot but the DDave stem does a pretty good job for me at 335C on the PID, and I don't want a water piece anywhere on my desk when I'm vaked - they have a bad habit of leaping into the air and shattering on the floor.
would be cool if Dave designed something specifically for injector vapes

Cereal4dinner,

fubar

would be cool if Dave designed something specifically for injector vapes

He has his own DIY ball vaporiser kit using a digital soldering iron element as the heat source.
It works with his 18mm F/F and 18mm male stems if you don't like water. It was my first ball vaporiser and I quite liked it but
I kept fiddling (changing out the smaller for larger balls...) and breaking the ceramic elements so eventually gave up replacing them - if you get one, set it up and do not fiddle with it - trying to get the balls out without cracking the ceramic is too tricky for me. https://www.ddavemods.com/store/p12...n_Contraption_-_a_DIY_BYOH_Vaporizer_Kit.html

Cereal4dinner

Twaxing is awesome. Prolongs the shit popcorn flavour, more full bodied High. It’s just really fun to use, the fright train*

Cereal4dinner,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
That's pretty sweet, it definitely reminds me of the Electric Sandcastle :D
Yeah. I was also reminded of this:

edead

just wanted to update on my experience

tldr, I recieved excellent customer service from Old Head. I ended up a a Freight Train Pro and have been extremely satisfied with the unit. I have not used the ALP or anything else at all since I got the Pro 📅🚙. I cant make any comparison to other brands of ball vapes but would highly recommened the Pro :rockon:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Got a very quick response from Old Head and Im going to be sending it in. Great CS so far.

I didnt expound as much in my post as I did in my email, but Ive tried many sessions ranging from 650 all the way up to 750. I just dont think its producing what it should at 650 given that is the recommended temp. In no where ive searched has anyone needed to run their ball vape up to 750 to get this amount of vapor production. Set at 650 and not pulling as hard as I can will essentially produce no vapor. Maybe ive severly overestimated the FT and severely underestimated the ALP but the vast temp differences make me think somethings off. Not sure how one side of the head could read 250-350 on the coils and 600+ at the bottom of the head where the otherside then reads 100 something on the coils and bottom of head, but this is all new to me.

Curious how @emigre has fared as well

just wanted to update on my experience

tldr, I recieved excellent customer service from Old Head. I ended up a a Freight Train Pro and have been extremely satisfied with the unit. I have not used the ALP or anything else at all since I got the Pro 📅🚙. I cant make any comparison to other brands of ball vapes but would highly recommened the Pro :rockon:
Did it turn out to be a faulty unit? They replaced it with a FT pro?

Pcloudy

Just got a b1 in. I have a freight train and my buddy has the ft pro. It's still early with the b1 but I would say the pro is much better. Its kind of hard to tell because I need the special 14mm post to use with my main rig so I've been running the b1 through my baby globe. In conclusion I would choose the pro over the b1 and I would probably choose the regular over the b0 just because I like the machined body over the screens.

Cereal4dinner

Just got a b1 in. I have a freight train and my buddy has the ft pro. It's still early with the b1 but I would say the pro is much better. Its kind of hard to tell because I need the special 14mm post to use with my main rig so I've been running the b1 through my baby globe. In conclusion I would choose the pro over the b1 and I would probably choose the regular over the b0 just because I like the machined body over the screens.
Whats your favourite bowl?

Cereal4dinner,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
What does it mean when people do this? Seen it a few times.
Typically it means they want to delete the post for some reason. Usually a duplicate or the wrong thread. So you have to remove the text and report your own post to delete. The period is there because you can update it to be empty.

Grass Yes,

GratefulDread

Typically it means they want to delete the post for some reason. Usually a duplicate or the wrong thread. So you have to remove the text and report your own post to delete. The period is there because you can update it to be empty.
Ahhhh, got it. Thanks!

GratefulDread,
Reactions: Grass Yes
Top Bottom