Old Head Dab-Ready and Terp Hammer

coolbreeze

The Terp Hammer works exactly as designed.
Brian crushed it.
Nice, glad to hear it. He really nailed the Hot Rod, too, so I'm not surprised to see these and the Freight Trains working so well. I've really liked this cordless concept since I first saw the Sandcastles. It's good to see a plausible use of it in the traditional ball vape sphere. There's also a new untethered quartz head, the Thunderbolt 202, offered by Elixier Designs, but I think those require higher temps than the Dab Ready recommends so they will have their own coil setup. We'll see if/how others pursue cord-free use.

ChooChooCharlie

Rather attractive without the coil or guard

Terp-Hammer-arrival.jpg

Works great!
Did burn off of at 650, knowing PID would overshoot, didn't notice much though
Removed my pass-through carb dropdown piece, as carb is no longer needed

No more stand
No more cord
No more lost desktop real estate
No more VAS ... yeah, right

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Anyone have issues with the auto-spinner from OH? My DR plus Terp Hammer just arrived and I was so stoked to drop a dab…but there is a bad seal between the banger and marble, it will not spin anything. Curious if this has been other experience or if I got a bunk unit.

ETA: Terp Hammer is quite the device. ‘Cordless’ is a bit of a stretch, it would be like calling a ‘cordless’ phone from the 90’s that if it required you remain within a few feet (10 or so) of its base unit. Does it pass the technical definition? Sure, but only just.

But it certainly does add maneuverability, in a couple dimensions. First, just handling and moving in general with the head and your piece is abundantly more free. But I also found it a bit of a hybrid portable, at least in the ‘around the pad’ sense. I have to plenty of the three prong electrical cords, it’s nothing to unplug it in one room, grab the base with head on board in one hand, and your Milkball in the other and move the operation to a new room!

It does run far hotter than I’d like, I’m typically up to 100 degrees below what most run as normal, right now I only have one head that I run over 500. And I have the hammer sitting at 601. It’s a very nice experience at that temp, I just worry about the excess wasted energy.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Quoting Folger's coffee ad, "The best part of waking up..."

Terp-Ready-with-Plantain.jpg

New Nic McGuire glass piece hung today
(meta art, original sold for $120K:lol:)

Wowee so it's a reproduction of $120,000 glass (or other material?) taped banana?!? Dayum (confess that I thought you taped a real banana to your wall at first lol) I need to get back into my various art works so then maybe I can make big money too! Enjoy bud

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Wowee so it's a reproduction of $120,000 glass (or other material?) taped banana?!? Dayum (confess that I thought you taped a real banana to your wall at first lol) I need to get back into my various art works so then maybe I can make big money too! Enjoy bud
I believe the original is a real banana and duct tape:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Social Media Pop-Art...:hmm: I guess I shouldn't be surprised... as long as there aren't any '2 girls 1 cup' installations planned, I suppose I'm ok with it...:tup:
(It's actually really cool :nod:)

And to stay on track: I could see myself using this as kind of a hybrid cordless... where you have the tower at a station and you can move into another room or area to sit and do your dab and then quickly reheat as necessary with a small torch. I prefer low temp dabbing, and I actually prefer to cold-drop pre-loaded SiC inserts... so, this 680F maximum temp kinda concerns me...?

Last edited:

Mndeadhead

So my Dab Ready was ready for me when i got back from vacation today. I have dabbed from a Proxy, a Carta and a B2 before, but I would wager this is my first proper dab. All i can say is hats off to B. for making something so simple and easy to use. This is my 3rd OH product I have owned - the terp torch and the hot rod being the other two. I was impressed by their simplicity, and I think that theme continues here. Simple, accurate and extremely low maintenance. I’m gonna get in trouble for moving the dog leash bucket somewhere else, but this deserves a permanent spot on the counter.

Dejavu

I saw someone using a dani tip to microdose while using a terp hammer.

Could this be used for any ball vape? Are there any other injector bowls meant for microdosing(not ed tnt bowl).

thanks!

Dejavu,
Reactions: Oil420FL

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Could this be used for any ball vape? Are there any other injector bowls meant for microdosing(not ed tnt bowl).

thanks!
I don't own one but I own axial coils like it... ball vapes usually use barrel coils which means the bottom (or top as it were) isn't heated, but I suppose you could stick whatever you want into it? It's basically a temp regulated deep dish bucket... I would image without a relatively snug fit all around it's not going to be efficient and transfer heat properly so the 680f max temp may be an issue too?

Last edited:
Bologna,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I don't own one but I own axial coils like it... ball vapes usually use barrel coils which means the bottom isn't heated, but I suppose you could stick whatever you want into it? It's basically a temp regulated deep dish bucket... I would image without a relatively snug fit all over it's not going to be efficient and transfer heat properly so the 680f max temp may be an issue too?
I read this as the Terp Hammer was being used as the heater for the vapcap tip, and the dab ready just heated the TH like normal. @Dejavu maybe you could share the link to what you saw here?

Grass Yes,
Reactions: Bologna

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I read this as the Terp Hammer was being used as the heater for the vapcap tip, and the dab ready just heated the TH like normal. @Dejavu maybe you could share the link to what you saw here?
Yeah, I got that part about heating a tip with the hammer... but the way the two lines broke asking about using "any ball vape" in the second part lead me to think it was a separate thought... ugh I should be asleep. Sorry for any added confusion ✌️ 😴

Dejavu

Ah nice. Looks like that's a Dani tip and they are fitting it inside the injector. I don't have a TH, but I believe it is an 18mm injector?

I think this would work with other open injectors like the B1, but I don't have a Dani to try.
I wonder how much I could find a used dani tip to try then buy a wpa for it and microdose.

maybe just over thinking it. I can put a little in the shovelhead bowl and blast it super fast. Guessing smaller bowl wouldn't let me chug .05g in 4 seconds compared to using a dynavap that takes 15seconds.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Well, they're using the dab ready to heat a GVB 18 Millimeter Killer, too... I suppose it would heat it up eventually like that? But it's def in there loose, so again, I wonder if 680f is hot enough? I don't own an 18MMK... but I guess you just jam the loaded bowl/stem in it and then flip it on to a wp, or just hit it straight off a stem too?

Last edited:

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Well, they're using the dab ready to heat a GVB 18 Millimeter Killer, too... I suppose it would heat it up eventually like that? But it's def in there loose, so again, I wonder if 680f is hot enough? I don't own an 18MMK... but I guess you just jam the loaded bowl/stem in it and then flip it on to a wp, or just hit it straight off the stem?

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Ha, should've known it was you, or one of "us" anyway... Yeah, I guess you'd need a metal keck clip heating it up all connected like that... I wonder if you could just jam a loaded stem into it when it reaches temp, then flip it on to a rig and not use a clip at all? Or just use a plain stem or j-hook and hit straight from that dry... lots of ways to skin a cat, I suppose...

Looks like it could be a good cheap alternative to the terp hammer to use the DR with flower... especially if you prefer an all glass vapor path and don't want to deal with flames....cool.:tup:

I have those clips, these also work well:
ihwx.2492ce52-f833-423f-8142-e1cdbe5287ce.500.500.jpg

Never tried this style, tho:
14mm-Metal-AccuGrind-Keck-Clip_1.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom