Old Head Dab-Ready and Terp Hammer

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
@Vaporooni - curious about the digital display odd behavior in your video, or is that normal with 4 digit number and EEEE flashes? Mine is still out on loan so can't check. Was also interested in the dramatic coil temp decrease after removing bucket, suppose the bucket acts as an insulator while in?
I noticed the same thing, Although it does not affect operation. I will definitely register this devise. I like the fact that there is no waste like you get with atomizers. The Dab Ready delivers the goods.

ChooChooCharlie

SneakyPete's Dab-Ready video is comprehensive
Both his US and CA stores stock it

His unit does not display the odd error code flashes. Perhaps Brian would be interested in looking at it. Better to catch glitches early on for all of us

spacecowboy711

Anyone else here get the 16mm adapter? Picked it up during 420 along with a Luna by VGW. Still messing around with it but I’ve found you definitely need to hike up the temp a lot in order to replicate hits with 25mm bangers. Anybody else?

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
SneakyPete's Dab-Ready video is comprehensive
Both his US and CA stores stock it

His unit does not display the odd error code flashes. Perhaps Brian would be interested in looking at it. Better to catch glitches early on for all of us
Just received a return shipping label from Brian, He said he would take care of it right away. Glad I went with Old Head Trading Company.

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Just received a return shipping label from Brian, He said he would take care of it right away. Glad I went with Old Head Trading Company.
Did he give any indication as to what might be causing this issue, and how common it is? Makes one leery about buying second hand once there starts to be some turnover of units.

CanikUser19,

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Any Cold Start fans who already have a dab-ready and tried Insert Drop? I’m thinking that since it’s wireless the banger might not hold enough heat for an Insert Drop to work well without a big temp offset.
The Dab-Ready isn't wireless, it's a desktop. You can drop in an insert, just set a bit higher than for without. It's a dream to use. Just remove banger from Dab-Ready, place on glass piece, drop in insert, cover, go. Works fine.

Oil420FL

The Dab-Ready isn't wireless, it's a desktop. You can drop in an insert, just set a bit higher than for without. It's a dream to use. Just remove banger from Dab-Ready, place on glass piece, drop in insert, cover, go. Works fine.
Thanks! My Dab-Ready just arrived [a day early from CA to FL at cheapest USPS shipping]. My SIC insert is a bit too big, so one more thing to order. No opportunity to get medicated yet, but I fired it up and was pleasantly surprised by how small the temp offset is at the bottom of the stock banger in the center = 15 degrees F after 5 minutes. I can tell already that I'm going to have some e-rigs to sell.

RadarV00

I just got My Dab-Ready and Tall Boy Banger set yesterday. Loving it. Set up was super easy. Set temp to 535, because that's what SneakyPete's demo showed, and it was awesome. Best sesh i've had. Placed banger back into cradle for reheat. However, I did not need a second sesh right away. It was about 20min or so later before I took another dab.

How long can the banger be left in the cradle, while powered on? hour, 2, morning to afternoon, 4:20 to 4:20?

Oil420FL

Anyone know when there will be another release of the SiC adapter to fit 16mm bangers?
If anyone has one they want to sell please message me. Should have ordered the adapter before the 16mm banger 🤪

ChooChooCharlie

@ShayWhiteGrow - thanks for the tip and temp for SiC insert
Also using SiC pearl and TAG banger with turbo cap
(side slits on stock OldHead banger cause SiC insert to dance and jump)

Haring Pairing:

Dab-Ready-with-Haring-and-Victory.jpg

(Keith Haring Foundation rig with '90 Litho on wall, Victory glass 16mm set, waiting for OldHead SiC coil insert, out of stock currently. Must be prepared)

@RadarV00 - SneakyPete says can leave it on all day. Think Brian named it Dab-Ready in part because of this feature, it's always ready to dab. The quartz banger will be fine at steady temp, and e-nail coils in general have been left on for days by some. The Cloud Evo was based on a coil wrapped around quartz, folks left that on all day. However, I don't think any heating device should be left on unattended. I don't like to leave things left on when going for a walk, and it warms up so quickly anyway

@Oil420FL - I'm with you, patiently waiting

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
Did he give any indication as to what might be causing this issue, and how common it is? Makes one leery about buying second hand once there starts to be some turnover of units.
This was my fault, I had the Dab Ready on at 1000 degrees Faranheit to clean the quartz banger. Brian told me you should never run the Dab Ready past 685 degrees Faranheit. Now I Dab at 535 degrees Faranheit, And find that is hot enough to Dab and clean the quartz banger at. Just a little ISO on a q-tip cleans the quartz banger just fine. Place the quartz banger back on the Dab Ready coil for 90 seconds at 535 degrees Faranheit and your Ready for another Dab. No more issues since. And I would not leave the Dab Ready on past 535 degrees Faranheit. At this temp, The housing stays cool enough to run all day. I would never leave the Dab Ready on unattended. Heats up quickly enough.

Last edited:

RadarV00

@RadarV00 - SneakyPete says can leave it on all day. Think Brian named it Dab-Ready in part because of this feature, it's always ready to dab. The quartz banger will be fine at steady temp, and e-nail coils in general have been left on for days by some. The Cloud Evo was based on a coil wrapped around quartz, folks left that on all day. However, I don't think any heating device should be left on unattended. I don't like to leave things left on when going for a walk, and it warms up so quickly anyway
Yeah, Common Safety Sense always kicks in with power tools. Leave it plugged in, but not always turned on. . . And it does heat up quickly, ALWAYS consistent.

Principal Guy

Holy shitballs, did you see Brian’s Dab Ready Command Center on instagram???? That beautiful baby holds everything you would ever need, dab ready main unit, Terp hammer, q-tips, banger/tool spots. I am not tech savvy enough to copy a picture off of Instagram. Brian said it would be a “wallet buster” (not a good sign) but it looks too good to pass up.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Holy shitballs, did you see Brian’s Dab Ready Command Center on instagram???? That beautiful baby holds everything you would ever need, dab ready main unit, Terp hammer, q-tips, banger/tool spots. I am not tech savvy enough to copy a picture off of Instagram. Brian said it would be a “wallet buster” (not a good sign) but it looks too good to pass up.
Here is a link to the reel:

Screenshot-20230524-084927.png

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Then let the wallet busting begin, can’t wait! Been avoiding any major purchases recently for the whole kit and kaboodle set up.

ChooChooCharlie

Love that wood stand! Hope finish holds up to an iso splash or two. I discolored finish on dresser top with my iso idiocy

Reporting from SiC banger insert test lab:

(note: this SiC insert fits into standard 25mm quartz bangers with no auto-spin side slits)

(another note: this is not the OldHead SiC DabReady coil insert to fit 16mm bangers)

In pic I posted above on this page, tried 600, but seemed too hot and tasted weird. Lowered to 575, still too hot. Then 550, nope. Back down to 535, what I set for banger without insert, go figure?! Guess it reaches equilibrium with banger pretty well, maybe it's the magic of SiC thermal conductivity. (I'm using rosin, not resin, so I should try even lower temp)

In tests above, I left insert sitting in banger while in the DabReady. Then transferred banger to rig as usual, stick/smear in the rosin dab last

Wanted to try cold start drop-in. Put dab in cold SiC insert -- easier, less stressful way to load with my tremors. Then, literally drop the insert into banger while it's at temp in DabReady, "clink!" Temp display starts dropping, after 30 seconds it's down 30 degrees. Then it takes about 60 seconds to get back to visible vapor rising, back to normal vaping set temp. (Note to self: edit confusing sentences before posting) Next time I set it to 550, less wait reheating time for visible vapor rise

BTW, these temps and trials were using non-OldHead 25mm TAG banger, other bangers may transfer heat to inserts differently based on thickness and internal insert fit. Think the SiC inserts for these are standard no matter where you get them, about $30.

I enjoy the ease of q-tipping after, but of course you lose easy visibility on your dab as it cooks, and listen for pearl to spin or get stuck. I keep dab size small for less q-tipping leftovers, and quicker one-hitting. But, the cold start drop-in method forces me to take 2nd and third finishing hits, no idea why it's so different than the first method

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
Now that the SiC induction cup has been used as a dab cup in the Dab Ready quartz banger. How about the ALN-induction cup in the Dab Ready quartz banger. The most premium induction cup available. https://www.drdabber.com/products/switch-aln-induction-cup?variant=39359040684105 Might as well add the leaf induction cup at low Temps 375 degrees Faranheit or higher for herb depending on preference. https://www.drdabber.com/products/switch-leaf-ceramic-induction-cup-black?variant=1334009397262 You could put the herb directly in the quartz banger at lower Temps also. Which I've tried and it works rather well.

Vaporooni,
Reactions: Oil420FL

Oil420FL

Now that the SiC induction cup has been used as a dab cup in the Dab Ready quartz banger. How about the ALN-induction cup in the Dab Ready quartz banger. The most premium induction cup available. https://www.drdabber.com/products/switch-aln-induction-cup?variant=39359040684105 Might as well add the leaf induction cup at low Temps 375 degrees Faranheit or higher for herb depending on preference. https://www.drdabber.com/products/switch-leaf-ceramic-induction-cup-black?variant=1334009397262 You could put the herb directly in the quartz banger at lower Temps also. Which I've tried and it works rather well.
I’ve got those sitting on the back shelf gathering dust with my Switch. Thought of them as too small for a 25mm coil and so hadn’t tried them. Thanks!

Oil420FL,
Reactions: Vaporooni

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
@Oil420FL With the titanium cup the cups fits perfectly. Just don't leave the induction cup on the coil at high Temps to long. 500 degrees Faranheit is a good place to start. The cups swab out easy with a dry q-tip. Keeping the quartz banger cleaner. Making cleaning easy peasy.

Vaporooni,
Reactions: Oil420FL

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
This will be the next desktop e-rig I buy, for sure. It would be so nice not to have to deal with the hot coil being tethered to banger/rig... too bad the case seems a little flimsy and there should probably be better heat shielding from the coil, particularly on the backside of the banger, below where the coil comes out of the body... but it's not a deal breaker for v1. Oh, and it should absolutely include a banger and marble in the box, it's crazy it doesn't... charge more if you have to. The Terp Hammer looks promising, too. It's refreshing seeing some true innovation or reimagining, for a change...

brucee10

This will be the next desktop e-rig I buy, for sure. It would be so nice not to have to deal with the hot coil being tethered to banger/rig... too bad the case seems a little flimsy and there should probably be better heat shielding from the coil, particularly on the backside of the banger, below where the coil comes out of the body... but it's not a deal breaker for v1. Oh, and it should absolutely include a banger and marble in the box, it's crazy it doesn't... charge more if you have to. The Terp Hammer looks promising, too. It's refreshing seeing some true innovation or reimagining, for a change...
I'm in the same boat. I'm just waiting the Terp Hammer release or a good coupon.

Top Bottom