• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Old City Diffusers

Stone__Man

wow these look nice. another thread to read. :brow: :D

this world of vaporizers is quite interesting to read. my problem is the more I learn and become aware of, the more unsure I am about what it is I really want. There are Sooo many variable to consider.

aesthetic wise the wood knobs look far better to my eyes. sexy as can be :o particularly the use of contrasting wood color on knobs. me likey ;)

Stone__Man,

Old City Diffusers

Master of Nothing
Manufacturer
Stone__Man said:
wow these look nice. another thread to read. :brow: :D

this world of vaporizers is quite interesting to read. my problem is the more I learn and become aware of, the more unsure I am about what it is I really want. There are Sooo many variable to consider.

aesthetic wise the wood knobs look far better to my eyes. sexy as can be :o particularly the use of contrasting wood color on knobs. me likey ;)

agreed on the knobs. I have found a way to make them with knurled inserts so they now fit as snug as the regular black aluminum (not plastic) knobs seen on some of the units.

Old City Diffusers,

farscaper

First off, I am a lurker... generally i don't sign up for jack... but in this case I have decided to not only sign up with FC but also subscribe to this thread. I am not new to the world of Vaping, but i do not at this point own any myself.... i have been researching for days and days about the pros of this the cons of that... from every unbranded ebay special to the SSV, DBV, LSV, underdogs, bla bla bla.... man there is so much to choose from its wild.
I digress... after much deliberation on about every angle you can think of i must say that the OCD is the sex child of most of the things im looking for in "my" first vape. I love the glass air path, i love the look of wood, the heating element.... I love the cord... reminds me of my guitar cables... i cant help myself when it comes to cloth wrapped... id even put cloth wrapped wires on my motorcycle.
i have been to the site and see that its not open for sale yet... i could be wrong its late as hell, but let me close by saying that i will be sending OCD an email as soon as tax money is here. I think that this is going to be the vape for me.

P.s. I really commend you on this one man band u have going. you have a talent sir!

:peace:

farscaper,

AC350

If you end up making a smaller (like the HI), vertical-only version of this I would be the first person in line to buy one.

AC350,

Old City Diffusers

Master of Nothing
Manufacturer
farscaper said:
First off, I am a lurker... generally i don't sign up for jack... but in this case I have decided to not only sign up with FC but also subscribe to this thread. I am not new to the world of Vaping, but i do not at this point own any myself.... i have been researching for days and days about the pros of this the cons of that... from every unbranded ebay special to the SSV, DBV, LSV, underdogs, bla bla bla.... man there is so much to choose from its wild.
I digress... after much deliberation on about every angle you can think of i must say that the OCD is the sex child of most of the things im looking for in "my" first vape. I love the glass air path, i love the look of wood, the heating element.... I love the cord... reminds me of my guitar cables... i cant help myself when it comes to cloth wrapped... id even put cloth wrapped wires on my motorcycle.
i have been to the site and see that its not open for sale yet... i could be wrong its late as hell, but let me close by saying that i will be sending OCD an email as soon as tax money is here. I think that this is going to be the vape for me.

P.s. I really commend you on this one man band u have going. you have a talent sir!

:peace:

thanks for the words, much appreciated. most of the credit is the materials, the beauty of the wood has little to do with me but I do enjoy refining it.

Old City Diffusers,

Old City Diffusers

Master of Nothing
Manufacturer
AC350 said:
If you end up making a smaller (like the HI), vertical-only version of this I would be the first person in line to buy one.

Its in the works, should be available really soon. I can post some pictures of the new design, I will be offering three 'styles' altogether. The cylindrical style as I have posted (like the one sent to the 'beta' group here on FC), The cubist style for a more hands-free setup, and last but not least the smaller more portable vaporizer. This one is becoming my favorite quickly, but again, all of the setups use the same heaters and all the same quality parts, no exceptions.

The new smaller units will also be more affordable (for the rest of us :2c: ) , they will also come with a total of 8-foot chords that are a little more flexible and forgiving (still cloth covered), they will have an even thicker glass female connections on the vaporizer (USA made) -- for the added strength and durability when and if you wanted to connect it to a water filtration device, it can easily survive the weight of its own leverage. The horizontal-feature will not be available on this series. If anyone is interested, I can take some photos of the new design, which will be available on the site really soon...I think I might be able to offer this one as a more affordable alternative with the same OCD parts and cleanliness in design. This design has been in the works for a couple weeks and is becoming one of my favorites, It's small but powerful & still a pure glass on glass setup...

Old City Diffusers,

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
I like the sound of the new smaller unit, although the little cube one is very cute! I do have one concern though, as attractive as it is, seeing that glass element sticking up makes me concerned about breakage. Will the portable version have the element recessed for protection?

hazy,

Old City Diffusers

Master of Nothing
Manufacturer
hazy said:
I like the sound of the new smaller unit, although the little cube one is very cute! I do have one concern though, as attractive as it is, seeing that glass element sticking up makes me concerned about breakage. Will the portable version have the element recessed for protection?

Its not exactly portable, still AC powered, just to be clear. No, there won't be an recessed heating element - its fully open. If I were making a portable (DC powered, battery powered) I wouldn't leave a glass surrounding open. These units use the thickest 14mm scientific glass joints I could find, when they tip they just usually fall on they're side, and when they fall, well its up to luck then. The wooden body is durable, that will survive and tumble any day...so I guess it's a 50/50 shot if you let it fall a few feet to the floor..I'll do some practice drops on my floor to see how well it fairs in a wreck, I'll sacrifice a vaporizer to the safety gods.

Old City Diffusers,

AC350

Yeah I would love to see some pics of the mini OCD!
It would be really helpful if you could take a pic of it next to a pop can for size comparison.

AC350,
Reactions: walrus

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
No probs about the AC power, but I think that's even more reason to have some protection around the glass element. Cables do tend to get tripped over etc. Surely it wouldn't be difficult to make the wood taller with a large hole at the top that leaves plenty of room around the glass element? It would only need to be level with the top of the glass. You could also bore some holes in the side if you wanted to maintain some visibility for the glass. Aside from the fragility aspect, there is also the safety concerns of a person touching the element or the element touching something else and causing it to burn. Sorry, I don't want to sound negative, I think this is a beautiful vape.

hazy,

mephisto

Can' t wait to see those pics of the smaller OCD. Been holding back w/ the cash until
the right moment. Sounds like the moment has arrived! Thanks.

mephisto,

farscaper

Yea ive gotta say im interested in the mini ocd too. sounds as if it would be a good fit for my price point. Picture would be super. Compairing the pop can as mentioned above as well as a side by side with the original ocd would be fun too, if nothing else just to see the diffrence. Im a little indecisive so it take like a month to make a decision on just about any big purchase.

Eager to see snaps of the next gen!
still keepn an eye here :cool:

farscaper,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I finally got my OCD too but haven't tried it yet. One of the tubes arrived broken and the white material used to connect the metal to glass looks kinda funky to me. I guess I'd like to know what it is and how safe it is to use in a vape? It seems chalky to the touch...reminds me of plaster of paris. Any info, much appreciated.

The woodwork looks very nice BTW

imag0415f.jpg

imag0416o.jpg

imag0417d.jpg

imag0418j.jpg

imag0419t.jpg

imag0420i.jpg

Lo,

Old City Diffusers

Master of Nothing
Manufacturer
Lo said:
I finally got my OCD too but haven't tried it yet. One of the tubes arrived broken and the white material used to connect the metal to glass looks kinda funky to me. I guess I'd like to know what it is and how safe it is to use in a vape? It seems chalky to the touch...reminds me of plaster of paris. Any info, much appreciated.

The woodwork looks very nice BTW

Hey Lo,

Sorry about the arrival of the horizontal vapor-tube, this is not plaster, this information is on the site, its a non-carcinogenic, non-out-gassing glass cement. Care was taken to assemble the vapor tubes but the difference in the coefficient of thermal expansion between the stainless steel and glass could end up make them more prone to separating compared to the solid one piece vertical vapor tubes. I haven't had much positive feedback on the horizontal-vapor-tubes ( of the feedback I heard). I believe I'll be just offering the vertical setup on the store when I put it up, I just have been waiting to hear back from the first beta batch. I would have liked to add this as an option, but the more I use the vertical setup and the feedback I have received locally on the new unit is great and new additions are already in the works; it just makes more sense to offer and focus on the vertical glass on glass setup. I have however been still adding them to packages, it does not change the build of the vaporizer - so it's loss is minimal.

Old City Diffusers,

Old City Diffusers

Master of Nothing
Manufacturer
AC350 said:
Wow, doesn't look like a lot of effort was put into making the tubes.

Because it arrived broken? because the glass cement is non pleasing to the eye? I put a lot of effort to make the horizontal vapor tubes, both glass and stainless steel for cleanliness, I used non-carcinogenic, non-out gassing, glass cement,including hypodermic stainless steel, FDA approved silicon 0-rings. I spoke with the head of the inorganic chemical line to see if this thermal expansion issue that I saw would be a problem and was told only time can tell.. I do understand that it shouldn't have arrived broken, that's unfortunate, but effort was put forth to try to make the horizontal work with clean and quality parts...

Old City Diffusers,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Thanks for the quick answer. I'll be trying the vertical method out then ;)

I don't blame you for the broken bit - that I think was the USPS handling lol

Lo,

Old City Diffusers

Master of Nothing
Manufacturer
Lo said:

Perhaps it was, easier to blame myself though, I hope you enjoy the rest of your unit, new vapor tubes will be on the way (if you wish :peace:)

Old City Diffusers,

AC350

Old City Diffusers said:
AC350 said:
Wow, doesn't look like a lot of effort was put into making the tubes.

Because it arrived broken? because the glass cement is non pleasing to the eye? I put a lot of effort to make the horizontal vapor tubes, both glass and stainless steel for cleanliness, I used non-carcinogenic, non-out gassing, glass cement,including hypodermic stainless steel, FDA approved silicon 0-rings. I spoke with the head of the inorganic chemical line to see if this thermal expansion issue that I saw would be a problem and was told only time can tell.. I do understand that it shouldn't have arrived broken, that's unfortunate, but effort was put forth to try to make the horizontal work with clean and quality parts...
My bad, I thought that was how both the vertical and horizontal stems looked. I can see why you chose that design choice for the horizontal ones then.

AC350,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Lo said:

"Handling" is a joke. I have a friend who used to work at a loading dock for FedEx; he said some of the workers were very abusive with the packages deliberately. "Jimmy, pass me a 10 piece mirror." (then smash, crash, kboom)
"One ten piece mirror coming up!" Once in a while I sell guitars on Ebay and I am fanatical about packing it up properly in a floating state because of what I know.

jeffp,

caseball2051

i also worked for fedex and its all luck as to how packages are handled.

Some people like myself were always gentle with every package. others would throw boxes into the trucks and that was it. fragile or not. I never saw anyone delibrately damage boxes though. I wouldnt be surprised if it happens like Jeff said though.

Good work wes, the vapes are looking real special. I wish I had money and the time for anther vape. The OCD would be high on my list of potential vapes to buy. Keep truckin bud!

caseball2051,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
It goes without saying that the potheads would be gentle and respectful with other people's property - this sensibility goes with the territory.

jeffp,

Old City Diffusers

Master of Nothing
Manufacturer
IMG_0328.52200741_large.JPG

Here is the new: Smaller & Lighter version. Fits in the hand very well, remains warm. Proving to be light and versatile while still using pure glass on glass connections. Cord lengths on these will be long 8ft cords. These ones will actually come with an even thicker female glass joints, so its super sturdy for glass/glass transitions. I believe the production units may include an option or perhaps just come with an "oh sh*t" guard to protect it from damage or a fall from a desk. I have one I have been testing out as a safety feature & it is working great, as I am super clumsy, although to be honest this unit has not posed any more increased risks then the prior units, its all the same parts the only difference is the switch location and the smaller bodied unit...

Hope all is well & the previous OCD patrons are enjoying there units.. I worked hard on those and tried to take into account everyone's input the best I could, I personally sifted through the emails countless times to make sure that I at least tried to approach everyone's idea's objectively and attempt to incorporate the ones I could and accept the ones that I couldn't, or perhaps the ones that didn't quite work with the tao of OCD...

PS. I'll post pictures of the safety guard soon to see/hear your input...

EDIT: added an asterisk :), spelling

Old City Diffusers,
Reactions: IAmKrazy2

AC350

Is that a picture of two of them? Or does the vape have two separate parts?
Sorry, I'm having trouble seeing it lol

AC350,
Top Bottom