O'Connell Woodworks Vaporizers

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I received my purple J hook today and WOW! Really loving this thing with my OHV and the nylon stems for the Underdog. Great work!

Ah nice, totally forgot about these, may make it on to my 420 purchase list...

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: GoldenBud
I ordered a spalted maple noisy cricket with smoke inception j-hook yesterday. I'm very excited- it's been awhile since I had a wood block torch vape. I'm also glad to hear early reviews on the j-hook are good. Seems like the most cooling you can get in a small form factor. And presumably they will pair well together!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Honestly, probably my favorites J hook. Plus, it's fricking purple! 😂

Okay now that you were gracious enough to gift me one, I can echo your early feedback, this is such a nice little hook!

PXL-20210204-210404672.jpg

PXL-20210204-210415141.jpg

Thank you again my dude, cannot wait to try this out with all of my other vapes... I love how there is no rattle, the spiked inception cooling rod inside the hook is fused and set in place, while the outer purple glass is gorgeous ofcourse. The mouthpiece is the perfect size, and it being 14 mm makes the whole thing nicely compact, despite being a full proper gandalf sherlock style!

Ripstar

Wow! That looks amazing with your TM. I am so glad you like it! 🙏 As you said, I love the size of this thing!

schenkadere

Any Micro users who also burned the wood at the intake on the first day of use? I’m so pissed! It’s so close to your face it’s difficult to aim even with a single flame.

schenkadere,
Reactions: Gnome34

Vaporware

I get not wanting to cover the wood long term, but protecting it while you’re getting used to using it would probably prevent a lot of scorch marks. :shrug:

Ripstar

I get not wanting to cover the wood long term, but protecting it while you’re getting used to using it would probably prevent a lot of scorch marks. :shrug:
I agree, if this is your first wood vape, you have to remember to be careful and it's not glass. A single torch helps but practice and getting small hits is ok until you figure it out.

Gnome34

My micro was my first butane vape and I totally scorched a chunk next to the intake! bothered me for like 30 minutes at the time. Now it is just character, smell is gone and no actual damage or anything that messes with performance so no biggie. The micro is a bit tricky without going cross eyed!

The inception j-hook is a big winner. This thing is damn near perfect.

I recently added a "bong" / BSS from O'connells to my lineup. I chose this one due to some frustrations trying to clean my micro and my sticky brick maxx. The BSS has a straighter air path and I am actually able to run a pipe cleaner and whatnot through each piece. I've been using it for about a week on the inception j-hook and nothing else(aside from the plenty if my SO has it fired up I can't say no! Winter storms have us sleeping in a warmer guest bedroom so our volcano has been sitting in our normal bedroom inactive). Don't believe I'll be touching my other butane vapes nor looking to buy another, this is the end game for me on butane powered vapes. Easy, fast, efficient, and most of all potent. My experience with these three butane vapes has honestly been very similar, therefore I chose the one with the easiest maintenance. Still interested in the Nova and JetDryV(hate the name sorry) but do not expect a difference in performance that would warrant the purchase. Works best for me with a triple torch same as my maxx, the micro works well with a single or triple. Easy to aim the torch on the BSS attached to the j-hook, no cross eyed with this setup.

I cannot say enough about the inception J-hook. Get one.

I've been breaking in my noisy cricket this week. It's been fun to experiment with different techniques, and I imagine I'll continue to do so. I am still struggling a bit with hot spotting, but I'm not sure if that's totally avoidable in this type of vape. I'd prefer to stir every few hits, instead of after every single one. But the ritual is nice.

I'm loving the big bowl for hemp flower- it's much easier to get a big dose than with the dynavap or hopper io. I'm also enjoying the inception j-hook, and it pairs well with the cricket. I've been using dry while I'm still learning since I combusted the (very first session I had the device) through water.

EZ Wind

Lost Sailor
I actually found the Noisy Cricket easier to learn if I was using something where I could easily see vapor production -- like a globe with a whip. I've never tried a J-hook -- they look like fun. The easiest (but hardly foolproof) way to avoid hotspots seems to be keeping your grind as uniform as possible and not tamping too tightly.

If I have a lot of fine ground "shake" in my grinder -- which tends to pack too tightly in a DV or FW7 -- I'll load just enough into my Noisy Cricket to cover the screen. I get one or two pulls with huge clouds through a globe but it's not too harsh thanks to the water. Makes for a nice treat about once a week when I want to go beyond a micro dose. And it's no big deal if the shake fouls the screen because it's so easy to pop out and clean.

Good point, @EZ Wind - I've been using the cricket on a medium size bubbler and whip extension recently, and its been helpful. I think the forced restriction from the whip has helped me regulate airflow. Definitely glad to have the cricket's combination of super small footprint and super large bowl in my collection.

lookhigh

FC member
Is the flared intake much of an improvement?
I have the sticky bricks one but sadly does not fit.
Do not fancy drilling my OHV. :worms:

lookhigh,

Vapor Dude

Greetings folks, I wanted to share my 봉 석신 experience. The SBL products need metal ring plugs and metal tubes as well as a air intake hole to operate. Mr. O'Connell has crafted the BSS with out the need. The heat intake and disk on the top has a carved path to mate to the lower bowl. This looks harder to make. Attention to detail is amazing both in looks and it's ability to produce huge amounts of tasty vapor and dreamy clouds.

I was not able to use the BSS with the old open architecture design adapters like in the video as a result of this change it seemed. After cleaning the vape, the wood has been seasoned to grab onto my standard 14 mm adapters and mouth pieces without the O'Ring. The provided new 12 mm to 14 mm adaptor way makes it wobble around on my waterpipe. Mr. O'Connell explained the old way was giving users trouble. He is sending me some O'rings to help stabilize the fit.

This product put utility into my pieces. All my glass water pipes can be used. My 18 mm rigs are included. The top can be held by a magnet off the side to tend the bowl. There is no guessing as to how to use it. Just pick a draw speed and rip. You can have a slow tasty session or knock you back into your chair type hits. It will take your herb to brown dust after 5 or 7 pulls. I can choose how to vape. It makes a niffty hand held pipe with a good 14 mm mouth piece. My J hook with a bit of water in the bend is in the rotation. That cool hit really rocked me. It's like a vape transformer in formfactor. Fun to use and portable. For $95 this is a must have.

I have never used a SBL Flip Brick or Dreamwood DLX adaptors. What do you folks think about The BSS vs them?

Last edited:

sparrowman

Thank you very much! That's very cool! Sounds like quite the collection. I only have DynaVaps and my Vapes that I made.

Yes! A battery powered version has been on my mind for a while now. Only a matter of time before I get around to ordering parts and start prototyping.

Got any recommendations or know anyone personally? But, yes! Good idea! I've just now started working on selling wholesale. Thank you!
In the UK, Vapefiend or Urbanistic.

sparrowman,

sparrowman

For those that own both, would you go with the OHV or Noisy Cricket with j-hook as your first choice? I'm tempted by the OHV but I'd like the ability to use through water and the smaller form factor of the cricket.

That OHV just looks so satisfying to use though!

sparrowman,
Reactions: DHV8654

SixStringToker

Naked member
For those that own both, would you go with the OHV or Noisy Cricket with j-hook as your first choice? I'm tempted by the OHV but I'd like the ability to use through water and the smaller form factor of the cricket.
Both are awesome and perform very similarly. The Noisy Cricket is much more versatile since it has that 14mm fitting. The Cricket is my absolute favorite so that'll be the one that I recommend.
50803615403_ea5ac129b7_o.jpg

coolbreeze

The Noisy Cricket works really well. One of its best features is that it's sorta short compared to other bong vapes so it's often easier to see how you're torching, especially on smaller pieces. Anyhow, I say get the OHV--it looks awesome and you'll probably end up getting a Cricket, too!

Last edited:
coolbreeze,

Oadslug

I love these! I want. Particularly the noisy cricket and knotty topper, but who am I kidding — that bowl is friggin huge! I think it might make me feel inadequate and lonely putting my tiny pinch of herb in there. ;)

Both are awesome and perform very similarly. The Noisy Cricket is much more versatile since it has that 14mm fitting. The Cricket is my absolute favorite so that'll be the one that I recommend.
View attachment 12001
Nice photo! Where did the black glass come from? Don’t see them on their site for sale.

Oadslug,

SixStringToker

Naked member
I love these! I want. Particularly the noisy cricket and knotty topper, but who am I kidding — that bowl is friggin huge! I think it might make me feel inadequate and lonely putting my tiny pinch of herb in there. ;)

Nice photo! Where did the black glass come from? Don’t see them on their site for sale.
I think it was a limited run.

SixStringToker,
Reactions: Oadslug
Top Bottom