No cough: load weed - evaporate temperature range concentrate

terac.one

Manufacturer
If you use cannabis products rare or ocassionally, we would firmly recommend you to leave this page. Those who use marijuana for recreational purposes are unlikely to find anything valuable here as well. The information provided below is primarily intended for experienced consumers who are:
  • looking for a way of weed consumption that would be healthier not only compared to smoking, but also more safe than modern dry weed vaporizers (*10 times safer than vaping!)
  • tired of coughing and still cannot find a method to smoke or vape weed without having that urge to cough
  • facing the amounting tolerance and are looking a way to overcome it completely
  • having to deal with lower-grade buds and stil would like to get maximum of it
  • looking for the most handy and untroublesome vaping device. Less maintenance than ever!

No cough: load weed - evaporate TEmperature RAnge CONcentrate

Using their lungs, people have been using marijuana for over 6,000 years. Until recently, the only one method was to smoke the dried flower buds of the plant. In the process of combustion, certain parts are exposed to different temperatures: some substances have time to transform into steam, while others completely burn out, turning into useless and harmful smoke. And then this cloud enters the human lungs. Small particles of smoke, due to their greater expansion, seem to envelop larger particles of steam, due to which the latter are not so actively condensed (into sticky wax) on the inner surface of the lungs. But enough to make a person cough. Mild cough.

As a result of a large number of studies of marijuana in recent decades, a new method of use has appeared on the market, which has gained great popularity - this is the evaporation of inflorescences at temperatures up to 220 degrees. Due to the absence of combustion, all substances have time to undergo evaporation without forming smoke. The vapor cloud of inhaled substances is significantly larger than when smoking. There is no smoke in it, and nothing prevents the active condensation (into sticky wax) of steam on the inner surface of the lungs. As a result, the person coughs very badly.

But in the cloud obtained by evaporation, we are interested in a very small amount of substances - these are cannabinoids, terpenes and flavonoids. And they all have a boiling point in the range of 110-220 degrees. The rest of the substances, whose boiling point is below 110 degrees, do not represent any significant value for us. And that means that they can be neglected. As a result, the cloud of inhaled substances is an order of magnitude smaller than with the above-described methods of use. And the person does not experience any impulses to cough.

info.png

"terac.one" is a very simple and reliable (all metal) device that allows you to consume marijuana using the TRC method. You can download the "terac.one" 3D model absolutely free on the website and print it at your nearest workshop on a metal 3D printer. Below you can also watch a simple and short video instruction. Roughly speaking, this is the device into which you load the weed, but evaporate the concentrate from these weed. You can of course use "terac.one" as a traditional vaporizer, But keep in mind that the vaporization efficiency of this device is much higher than the most of vaporizers on the market - save your lungs.

drawing.png

cap.jpg
chamber.jpg
tube.jpg
link.jpg
mouthpiece.jpg

Last edited:

WelshBrok

So it makes and allows you to vape reclaim, unless I’ve misunderstood? Like dabbing the stuff out of the mighty cooling unit?

edit: isn’t this essentially like getting the stainless steel mighty cooling unit, vaping through it and then heating just the cooling unit and inhaling the reclaim it’s caught?

Last edited:
WelshBrok,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

terac.one

Manufacturer

What kind of evidence are you waiting for? :)

Just try it..

Do you have an oven?

Just try before you evaporate the weed through your favorite vaporizer on the 220°С, just try pre-evaporating the weed in the oven* at 100°C for 20 minutes. And then put that stuff in the vaporizer. You'll feel the difference right away. Your throat, your lungs - will immediately feel the difference :)

* use a convection oven, or increase the pre-evaporation time

Last edited:

staircase slight of hand

looking for a way of weed consumption that would be healthier not only compared to smoking, but also more safe than modern dry weed vaporizers (*10 times safer than vaping!)
How about some evidence for this? If “10 times safer than vaping!” is correct, I’d love to see the math that led you to that conclusion.

staircase slight of hand

If I’m understanding correctly, this is basically for partially decarbing your weed before you vape it... which would boil off a fair quantity of the lighter terpenes and thus avoid the harshness that comes with some of them (I’m imagining it would work well for the brighter citrus/lemon terps), but at what cost to flavor and high?

terac.one

Manufacturer
How about some evidence for this? If “10 times safer than vaping!” is correct, I’d love to see the math that led you to that conclusion.
"But in the cloud obtained by evaporation, we are interested in a very small amount of substances - these are cannabinoids, terpenes and flavonoids. And they all have a boiling point in the range of 110-220 degrees. The rest of the substances, whose boiling point is below 110 degrees, do not represent any significant value for us. And that means that they can be neglected. As a result, the cloud of inhaled substances is an order of magnitude smaller than with the above-described methods of use. And the person does not experience any impulses to cough."

maremaresing

Ah ok I understand now. And your diagrams make more sense too. I love the clouds, but would be an interesting thing to test. So how do you use this? Load the herb and toss it in the oven? Something else?

maremaresing,

terac.one

Manufacturer
If I’m understanding correctly, this is basically for partially decarbing your weed before you vape it... which would boil off a fair quantity of the lighter terpenes and thus avoid the harshness that comes with some of them (I’m imagining it would work well for the brighter citrus/lemon terps), but at what cost to flavor and high?
only flavor cost, not "high" cost )

WelshBrok

From watching the video you dispose of the material after you’ve heated it and then use one of the links with the condensed reclaim on it in in the “bowl” bit to actually vape your subset of the original vapour and the link closest to the heat source gets hot enough that anything boiling below 100c doesn’t condense on it (at least that’s how I’ve understood it)

Last edited:

terac.one

Manufacturer
I’d still like to see some evidence (i.e. numbers). An “order of magnitude” is a specific amount and I’d love to know how you determined it.
Determined approximately :)
Comparing the size of clouds formed from consumtion of the same amount of stuff by different methods: smoking, traditional vaping and TRC-vaping.

Last edited:

terac.one

Manufacturer
Ah ok I understand now. And your diagrams make more sense too. I love the clouds, but would be an interesting thing to test. So how do you use this? Load the herb and toss it in the oven? Something else?
Not else.. just try pre-evaporating the weed in the oven* at 100°C for 20 minutes. And then put that stuff in the vaporizer.

But be careful when moving stuff from the oven to the vaporizer. Dried trichomes are easily and quickly showered and lost with open transfer.

* use a convection oven, or increase the pre-evaporation time

Last edited:
terac.one,

staircase slight of hand

Oh, so this “10 times safer!” thing is just hyperbole? You might want to rethink your promotional copy if you don’t want your design to be dismissed as snake oil. As a consumer, nothing shuts my wallet quicker than a manufacturer trying to bamboozle me with meaningless stats.

terac.one

Manufacturer
Oh, so this “10 times safer!” thing is just hyperbole? You might want to rethink your promotional copy if you don’t want your design to be dismissed as snake oil. As a consumer, nothing shuts my wallet quicker than a manufacturer trying to bamboozle me with meaningless stats.
this is not hyperbola, this is an approximate dimension :)
just try it, and you'll see it yourself

Farid

I appreciate your approach to making the CAD files free, however I think it's important to tell anyone who might be thinking of having it printed the exact type of metal that is safe to use. Not all metal 3D printing processes are the same, and different metals have different heating properties and different material safety properties.

As for the product itself I don't see the benefit to such a system. If someone wants to get rid of the low temperature byproducts they can just not inhale those first few hits. If someone wants to only inhale the vaporized oils they can press rosin.

I also think that reclaim has a very bad taste that only becomes more pronounced the more it is heated. The cyclical nature of this design lends itself to constantly reheating reclaim more than just once.

The handling of this device also looks difficult. The cap looks thick, so I imagine it will hold it's heat for a long time. The links look like they will require a lot of handling, and in my experience they will probably attract a lot of finger oils (since they will get sticky) and finger oils taste awful and add a lot of harshness to the vapor.

I don't mean to be discouraging, and I really like that you have taken an idea and actually built it. I also like the concept of the linked segments, and I think this aspect of the design could have a lot of potential if modified around a different premise (say if each link was a dosing capsule of bud instead or something. I've toyed with that idea in the past).

terac.one

Manufacturer
I appreciate your approach to making the CAD files free, however I think it's important to tell anyone who might be thinking of having it printed the exact type of metal that is safe to use. Not all metal 3D printing processes are the same, and different metals have different heating properties and different material safety properties.

Only stainless steel. Not aluminum, not any other metal with a high thermal conductivity. Stainless steel only :)

I also think that reclaim has a very bad taste that only becomes more pronounced the more it is heated. The cyclical nature of this design lends itself to constantly reheating reclaim more than just once.

If you evaporate only by TRC-method, very pure condensate accumulates inside the links. It has almost no taste, and its taste does not deteriorate in the process of reheating.

The handling of this device also looks difficult. The cap looks thick, so I imagine it will hold it's heat for a long time. The links look like they will require a lot of handling, and in my experience they will probably attract a lot of finger oils (since they will get sticky) and finger oils taste awful and add a lot of harshness to the vapor.

We wanted to make the device more reliable and durable... Condensate accumulates exclusively INSIDE the links. They can be freely picked up without fear of getting dirty.

terac.one

Manufacturer
Also. We experimented for a long time with the amount of metal used. As a result, each link weighs about 5 grams. This is enough so that at the exit the steam is about as cold as after the ice bong :)

terac.one,
Reactions: dimmusp

WildWillie

The concept here is interesting and worth exploring. It's essentially fractional distillation of dry herb.

However, no one is going to take any quantative claims seriously without documented lab testing of contents within the reclaim and/or vapor produced by this device. If your qualitative observation is that you get the same high with less cough, that's fine to say; but to attach arbitrary numbers is outlandish.

maremaresing

The heatgun thing is a turnoff, since they aren't all safe to inhale from. And leaving a heatgun running for 20 minutes seems unsafe.

Also. We experimented for a long time with the amount of metal used. As a result, each link weighs about 5 grams. This is enough so that at the exit the steam is about as cold as after the ice bong :)

O_O Could you just make dotleaf and dynavap stems instead.

Farid

Have you ever tried just loading it with concentrate instead of starting with the bud extraction?

Vaporware

Good stuff, man! I’m sorry you can’t produce it yourself, but I appreciate you sharing it with the community!

Not everyone is seeing the good ideas in this, but since I’ve had very similar ones I can see that this has a lot of potential! At least in my opinion. :)

I think too many people are getting hung up on whether or not your TRC method is a good idea. The terrace.one should work very much like a large VapCap for anyone who isn’t interested in the TRC aspect, and we know those are effective.

Anyone who thinks the claims here are overblown for financial gain rather than just enthusiasm for the terac.one should consider this:

Since this is a design that’s available for free and not a product being sold, the only money to be made is through donations or doing the actual printing. If you find your own printer (is he even offering one?) and don’t donate, there’s no financial gain to be had.
Anyone who wants to can download the design and get it printed, then if they don’t think it was a waste of money they can donate. If they don’t like it they don’t have to donate and can probably still sell it used, so probably little to no loss.:shrug:

When I’ve got the extra money I’ll probably try to get one printed and check it out. :)

Top Bottom