No cough: load weed - evaporate temperature range concentrate

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Uh not exclusively, I like using the whip both w/ and w/out the fan but for these tests it seemed appropriate for consistency in the documentation process. i.e. instead of 10 x 3sec draws at 165c, but each person still draws at a different rate/volume where with the bags it's irrelevant.

Maybe I'm thinking too much into it?

I can still sip directly from the bags too rather than taking in as much capacity as possible (which is common w/ bags), but when using water filtration (even w/ the whip) I prefer taking near volume hits and only sip when taking direct hits from the whip or a handheld.

I do prefer the whip when sharing and the fan reminds me of that device used in Nice Dreams for the smoking lizard bit...not sure if it helps with absorption or not but I like putting the forced air under my tongue when I sip off the whip while also not having to pull for so long.

Just did another sesh and had no issues with cough, 175, 190 and 210. 0.15g of some coarse-ground Blue Dream sitting @ 100c for 20min, 3 bags, approx. 15min of sesh time, which is the biggest downside but I am totally medicated and was able to avoid the wheeze. (that's what my wife and I have dubbed it).

My hopes are that in a few days or a few weeks this process will become less of a need as i find each sesh now easier than the previous.

Admittedly I just skimmed briefly so I may have missed this/you may have already mentioned it/know it:

Are you still smoking? As far as I know vapor acts as an expectorant, basically all the shit you have built up in your lungs well start to come out when you make the switch to vaping. If you keep smoking it will just pro-long that change and it probably wont go away until the combustion ends completely.

I've seen a lot of recommendations to basically take a 2-3 week t break to let your body get rid of that stuff on its own. I remember when I switched my coughing was pretty fucking annoying and I was confused why I was coughing more and the high felt different... but just fought through it and now you couldn't pay me to go back to smoking

CatchDoubleDuece

Thanks @BrianTL, I have not smoked in over a week, my wife however still alternates and is having the most difficult time to transition. She has M.S., Lupus and Sjogrens syndrome and relies on the medication daily to keep her symptoms at bay, mostly neurological stuff, muscle spasms or what she says feels like twisting of her bones. She still has to use her albuterol inhaler frequently after vaping but almost never when smoking.
I remember when I switched my coughing was pretty fucking annoying and I was confused why I was coughing more and the high felt different...
Same feeling. It is indeed getting easier each day and at times I am tempted to smoke just to get that quick fix "heavy" high but it seems this is a journey a handful of us have to make but I am glad to be blessed with a community like this where we can help each other figure these things out.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Thanks @BrianTL, I have not smoked in over a week, my wife however still alternates and is having the most difficult time to transition. She has M.S., Lupus and Sjogrens syndrome and relies on the medication daily to keep her symptoms at bay, mostly neurological stuff, muscle spasms or what she says feels like twisting of her bones. She still has to use her albuterol inhaler frequently after vaping but almost never when smoking.

Same feeling. It is indeed getting easier each day and at times I am tempted to smoke just to get that quick fix "heavy" high but it seems this is a journey a handful of us have to make but I am glad to be blessed with a community like this where we can help each other figure these things out.

Sorry to hear about your wife's medical issues. That really does sound awful and obviously any relief she can get is very welcomed...

Yeah I used to cough on the smallest of vapor hits basically and now I really only get coughing when I fill my lungs completely, which I typically avoid. I always forget the difference until my GF or friends try any of my devices and are immediately coughing up a lung... while I'm puffing away. It is something you get used to for sure!

I think the biggest thing for me was the first time using water filtration, and then just time. I started picking up a couple more vapes and seeing how some are noticeably smoother than others, different stems different techniques etc. Stick around the forums you'll get it! Your lungs will thank you at the end

terac.one

Manufacturer
A few words about condensation losses.

Of course, you don't need terac.one to get TRC. You can also use a convection oven or Volcano Digit. But be aware of condensation losses - this can be especially important in areas where the price of marijuana is too high. So you could avoid overspending.

In TRC-vaping the volume of the final (concentrated) vapor cloud is several times less than traditional vaping. So - to avoid unnecessary losses of cannabinoids - it is advisable to reduce the surface areas with which this vapor will be in contact before it enters your lungs - to minimize condensation processes.

Well, that is if you have about 10% of cannabinoids in traditional vaping in the cloud, then the composition of the condensate will be about the same. Well, yes, the condensation process itself is not entirely linear, because the surfaces on which all this condenses - they also gradually heat up. But the composition of the condensate will be about the same - 10% cannabinoids and everything else. And, therefore, it is theoretically possible not to pay attention to condensation losses.

But! When you have a TRC-vaping, the final cloud is very small, and it usually contains more than 60% cannabinoids. And here is a simple rule - the less they condense on the way to the lungs, the more will get into your bloodstream.

Terac.one is specially designed in such a way that the cloud condenses exclusively on the inner surface of "links", which have narrow channels to reduce these condensation losses. However, you can evaporate even these losses later with the same success, because "link"-vaping is also prescribed in terac.one.

terac.one,

terac.one

Manufacturer
The good news - we are making progress playing with temps and such. The 100c bake off is def not convenient time-wise and hopefully my body will adapt to the point that part becomes unnecessary.
In some varieties of marijuana, to get rid of all irritating throats and lungs, to prepare TRC, you must first evaporate all unnecessary substances at 110°-120°С temperatures. Experiment and you will completely get rid of the cough. Good luck :)

Last edited:

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
In some varieties of marijuana, to get rid of all irritating throats and lungs, to prepare TRC, you must first evaporate all unnecessary substances at 110°-120°С temperatures. Experiment and you will completely get rid of the cough. Good luck :)
I did a test with a nug in the oven at 100c and you are right, my session was virtually cough free. I did my testing in the Herbo XL and the vapor wasn't as tasty as usual but it's a trade I'm willing to make if it can get rid of the coughing and the production of mucus in the lungs when I vape.

I decided to fully decarb another nug in the Ardent FX and I can tell you there was not coughing with this method either.

As far as the effects are concerned I will need more testing for sure but I was getting good effects with all three nugs ( I vaped a regular nug with the other two to compare, all three OG Kush).

The fact that I wasn't coughing after each puff and having to catch my breath made a huge difference in the enjoyment of my session.

I'm now considering to cook my herbs before I vape them, I don't know if I'll do it for all my flower but having a stach of buds already cooked to use when my lungs are giving me trouble might be a good idea.

I'm debating about what to do. A quick 20min in the oven at 100c in a silicone container or a full decarb in the Ardent FX. Like I said more testing is required, if you need me I'll be in the kitchen.

CatchDoubleDuece

I too just tried some coarsely ground Forbidden Fruit + Sour D which has been a tough combo for me to vape in the past few weeks and baked roughly .2 grams off at 120c for about 45min (just so happens) and came out to the garage with a wonderful aroma and surprised to see the bud was still purple-green and not visibly browned to the naked eye, I cranked up my EQ to 190 and waited approx. 1m after it reached temp and filled a bag on speed 3, it still produced some cloud but I'd estimate about half to 1/3 the thickness as dropping in fresh herb at this temp.

No cough at all. Bare minimum of a tickle. Still pretty decent flavor.

Finished the bag and did another at temp 230. This would normally result in an apocalypse episode cough session mind you.

Filled it using slower fan speeds this time, the cloud result was almost normal (about twice as dense as the first bag at 190). Flavor was still there but def could taste the higher temps, I did get some irritation finishing off the bag but it didn't make me cough.

Holy shit, it didn't make me cough! Pretty amazed right now.

terac.one

Manufacturer
Our vision is that 90% of all donations will be spent on refund of terac.one 3D printing and purchase of heatgun for new users. And of course we would like to see detailed and honest feedback. And we don't care how you'll use terac.one - is it traditional* or TRC vaping. Just give this new device chance.

If the administration of the site and the community wouldn't mind, of course.

Someone donated us $2k. This is enough for about 10 sets of terac.one+heatgun. Print, use, describe your experience including your btc/ltc/etc cryptowallet address - and we will refund you for all the costs until donations run out or our vision changes. Thank you.

*A few words about traditional terac.one-vaping.

The quality (strength and softness) of steam in traditional vaping depends on two main factors:

1. The area which steam contacts, making its way along the inner channel of the vaporizer from the place of its formation (evaporation in the lump) to the human lips. The smaller this area - the less condensation losses, and therefore the higher the steam strength.

2. The temperature of this area of the inner channel of the vaporizer with which the steam is in contact. The longer this channel remains cold during the evaporation process, the more low-temperature substances will condense on it, and therefore the steam will be softer.

And for vaporizer manufacturers, this is always a compromise between: a short but hot steam path (dynovap) or a cold but long steam path (vap+ice+bong). Terac.one solves this problem due to the low thermal conductivity of stainless steel and at the same time the high weight of special zigzag-"links" (5+ grams each). We have one of the shortest and coldest steam paths at the same time! With traditional vaping, the terac.one vapor is as strong as possible and at the same time incredibly soft and cold.

Last edited:

CatchDoubleDuece

Any got any suggestions for affordable 3D printer services, everything I'm finding nothing close to the estimated $130 USD. For example, at 3D Hubs 1 unit printed with 316L Stainless Steel estimates at $3,277.77. Yikes!

terac.one

Manufacturer
The quality (strength and softness) of steam in traditional vaping depends on two main factors:

1. The area which steam contacts, making its way along the inner channel of the vaporizer from the place of its formation (evaporation in the lump) to the human lips. The smaller this area - the less condensation losses, and therefore the higher the steam strength.

2. The temperature of this area of the inner channel of the vaporizer with which the steam is in contact. The longer this channel remains cold during the evaporation process, the more low-temperature substances will condense on it, and therefore the steam will be softer.

And if you keep most of the terac.one (tube + links) in the refrigerator (+3°C) for a while before using it, then in traditional vaping you will get a steam that almost looks like a TRC ;)

Last edited:
terac.one,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

CatchDoubleDuece

I found Craftcloud3d.com that took all of the files except the tube and is the lowest so far @ $171.81 but again that's without the tube.stp part because it says it's file is corrupt.

CatchDoubleDuece,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

CatchDoubleDuece

I've tried a few places now, the only one I could get to take the file was Sculteo and the tube by itself prices at $62.93. But the issue is the total price, especially with 10 x links @ $27ea, a total print would come out to a whopping $422.80 + tax/shipping.

Also, for many of the files it asks for a solidity check stating many of the smaller cuts are too thin and will break during the process.

If I were to use CraftCloud service for all the parts (hoping they can print without issues) + the tube at Sculpteo, I'd be looking at $234.74 + tax/shipping which is the lowest prices I've found so far.

CatchDoubleDuece,

Vaporware

Are there any home printers capable of printing this? I’ve heard that there were some metal printers that were only a few hundred dollars right now, but I haven’t done a lot of research on that yet.

If any of them work (and I can afford them) I’d be willing to pick one up and try to learn to print these.

Vaporware,

terac.one

Manufacturer
And if you keep most of the terac.one (tube + links) in the refrigerator (+3°C) for a while before using it, then in traditional vaping you will get a steam that almost looks like a TRC ;)
You'll get steam, the same strength or more as the dynovap, but up to 10 times softer, cleaner, and colder than after an ice bong.

Last edited:
terac.one,

terac.one

Manufacturer
So, to sum up, with weed, terac.one, heatgun and refrigerator, you can get 4 new experiences:

100%TRC-steam, using the trc-vaping method. It feels like something like rosin with icebong;

≈90%TRC-steam, using the traditional vaping method and a refrigerator. It feels about as if several icebongs were placed inside the dynovap;

≈50%TRC-steam, using the traditional vaping method. It feels about as if one icebong were placed inside the dynovap;

And link-vaping :)

We see the future of portable devices for the use of marijuana in the form of a powerful device that will, on the one hand, constantly cool the path of steam, and on the other - heat the weed by convection.

Last edited:
terac.one,
Reactions: Vaporware

Vape Soda

Sparkling !
Are there any home printers capable of printing this? I’ve heard that there were some metal printers that were only a few hundred dollars right now, but I haven’t done a lot of research on that yet.

If any of them work (and I can afford them) I’d be willing to pick one up and try to learn to print these.
Hi, I checked the market of Metal 3D printers and can tell you that there is no metal printer for a few hundred dollars.
The cheapest way would be a FFF printer that can use 316L metal based filament. But you have to debond the parts with acid and have to sinter the metal at 1380 °C for several hours under argon atmosphere. So you need a lot of expensive equipment and experience too. Can’t comment on the quality that can be expected, but I guess it’s not as good as SLM ( selective laser melting, +100k$ printers) processed parts since the parts will shrink within the sintering process. In the end I think that home printing of metal parts is not really affordable and would not meet expectations (today). If you find a metal printing service that can do it for a fair price I would not mess with DIY. Maybe there is a discount if someone orders a lager amount.

Overall I like the idea and effort terac.one put into this, but I doubt that there are may people that will take these file and let it be printed for them for few hundred dollars + heatgun just to try TRC.

How about a DIY concept that uses standard SS parts like nuts, bolts, tubing etc. ?

terac.one

Manufacturer
Terac.one was designed from the start with a minimum number of overhanging planes and other features of ss-3D-printing to minimize the cost of printing and post-processing. If I were looking for inexpensive ss-3D-printing, then I would pay attention primarily to countries with developing economies, but with well-developed space technologies.

CatchDoubleDuece

Found a sub-10k $ desktop 3D printer capable of printing fused filaments such as Ultrafuse 316L. B&H Photo is selling it for $6995.

Still, the result has to be sent off to a professional sintering house to debind and then cure to remove the polymers and bond molecules. There is also some shrink to be expected.

demo @ CES

Would be cool to find an online community like thingverse where people w/ designs can share with other people that have invested in the hardware and receive bids for contract works. I recall an IndieGoGo campaign for something similar but specifically for the automobile enthusiast community called HackRod but it hasn't come to fruition.

Still, I might give Craftcloud a shot if they can work with that tube file that their website quoting tool rejects. So far it's the most affordable option I've found.

CatchDoubleDuece

Found something even less expensive but due to shrink one must print at an initial scaling x&y @ 120% and z @ 126%.

The Orignial Prusa Mini < $400 desktop consumer class 3D printer (or any others that meet the filament spec) + BASF Ultrafuse 316L Metal 3D Printing Filament - 1.75mm @ $465 for 3kg. They offer a mail order debinding and sintering service @ $50kg. Matterhackers offers the filament w/ a complimentary 1kg debinding and sintering service ticket. Pretty neat.

CatchDoubleDuece,
Reactions: Vape Soda

Ernielicous

This is very interesting!! but yes alas, i do not have a 3d printer. so how would i go about getting my hands on one of these??

Ernielicous,

Vaporware

I’m not completely against getting a printer like that and trying to use those services, but I’m also guessing there would be a real learning curve to deal with, plus shipping back and forth, and I’d probably make some mistakes in transferring it to what would probably be a different process than it’s been printed with before. All of that would cost time and money. Not the most appealing prospect.

Another option, if some of you are serious about getting one, is that I could do the research and find an international printer willing and able to do this at a lower price, then order as many as you guys want (and at least one for me) which should bring the cost down.

If you’re interested in being part of a group buy, please send me a message so we don’t clutter up the thread too much, but I’ll post more about it here if/when there is progress.

Sound good? :)

CatchDoubleDuece

One thing I am seeing from my quote inquiries is the claim that some of the "details in the drawings may reach a limit of 3D metal printing and have been forwarded to engineers for further review" and it would be helpful to have the experience to respond to this, i.e. minimum requirements for a successful print.

So far I am inquiring with the 5 x .stp files along with:

Process: 3D Printing
Material: 316L Stainless Steel
Finish: Blasted matte
File 1: cap.stp = 1pc,
File 2: chamber.stp = 1pc,
File 3: link.stp = 10 x pc,
File 4: mouthpiece.stp = 1pc,
File 5: tube.stp = 1pc

Am I missing any other details that would help ensure metal printing limits are not reached?

CatchDoubleDuece,

terac.one

Manufacturer
The 3D printer you are looking for should be able to print ss-parts with a minimum wall thickness of 0.4 mm.

100%TRC-steam, using the trc-vaping method. It feels like something like rosin with icebong;

≈90%TRC-steam, using the traditional vaping method and a refrigerator. It feels about as if several icebongs were placed inside the dynovap;

The fastest way to get 99%TRC-steam, we called: "The minute you walk to the refrigerator and back". As you already understood, for this method it is necessary that the "tube" (assembled, with "links" and a "mouthpiece") for some time before use was in the refrigerator (+2C°..+3C°). And in general, it is a good habit to keep the tube from terac.one in the refrigerator all the time.

So, let's go:

- fill the weed in the chamber, put on the cap;
- turn on the heatgun at 110C°;
- insert the chamber into the heatgun nozzle with your hands (trc-cooking process start);
- put on your slippers and slowly go to the farthest refrigerator, where you take the already cooled tube, and go back a little faster;
- connect the tube to the chamber, pull the terac.one out of the nozzle (trc-cooking process stop);
- increase the temperature on the heatgun to 230C°;
- start to vape, you get a very-very cold 99%TRC-steam.

Top Bottom