No body high

No, it doesn't end the discussion, for a few reasons:

1. This is one test. Without repetition, it proves very little.

2. Each vape can cause different amounts of total canabinoids to be released in the same period of time, due to many factors, including varying temperature regulation machinery, air flow rate, and material density.

3. This study appears to have used the settings on the vapes which correspond to 210C, according to the manufacturers, but as anyone with a vape knows, you have to test the temperature yourself, to know what it actually is. Furthermore, those temperatures might be the temperatures of the heating element, or the temperatures of the air when it makes contact with the material. If the heating elements of two vaporizers are the same temperature, but one is further from the material.

4. Those bars aren't the various the different percentages of chemicals in single samples for each device. Each color represents a different test, for each vaporizer. They are measures of the "percentage of total cannabinoids found in the vapor".

5. This study shows more how much a device can extract in a given time, rather than total. It may take an Arizer Solo less time to extract a 50 mg load, but if you run both a Solo and a Volcano until the entire sample is vaporized, the results should look much more similar.
An overwhelming amount of people feel a difference in their high with different vapes
If you personally don't feel any difference, then that's you
The fact that these vapes hit with varying potency demonstrates that in part and what I said is based on what you said in your post
That study contradicts your own assumption about the vapor being the same at the same temperature
If you don't agree oh well because I am not interested in going on forever about this
Enough people experiencing varying effects with different vapes over years leads me to believe that it's an actual thing

Kins

1 hit at 350 F, three at 412 through bong. Kinda harsh, even through the water with the high temp. Guess I'll use my bigger bong next time. Or later......Hahaha. This is my 3rd sesh today. So happy I gave vaping another chance.

I keep getting a message after only about 20 minutes of use saying, "Battery too hot: Allow the crafty to cool down." Which I'm doing but I don't know if this is normal or not.

Alright this can't be normal. Every time I try and use it I only get maybe 10 minutes after a full charge which takes around 3 hours!. After that 10 minutes I get that "Battery too hot: Allow the crafty to cool down."

I've only got 1 hour and 41 minutes of hours of operation. I'm waiting for it to charge still, it's supposedly almost done according to the app.

Should I RMA?.

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
An overwhelming amount of people feel a difference in their high with different vapes
If you personally don't feel any difference, then that's you
The fact that these vapes hit with varying potency demonstrates that in part and what I said is based on what you said in your post
That study contradicts your own assumption about the vapor being the same at the same temperature
If you don't agree oh well because I am not interested in going on forever about this
Enough people experiencing varying effects with different vapes over years leads me to believe that it's an actual thing

Yup, anyone who actually owns more than one vaporizer already understands, at least innately, that they don’t output the exact same vapor composition. That’s frankly absurd, and if that was genuinely the case NOBODY on the forum would have entire collections of devices. Nobody would spend $600 on a Flowerpot ten years later if the magic flight launch box puts out the same exact vapor. To say all vaporizers output the same vapor is probably the most outlandish statement ever made on this forum lol. I would say that stance is extremely ignorant of chemistry and pharmacology, where even extremely small changes in dosage or composition can have astounding and profound differences in effect.

Last edited:

EverythingsHazy

To say all vaporizers output the same vapor is probably the most outlandish statement ever made on this forum lol. I would say that stance is extremely ignorant of chemistry and pharmacology, where even extremely small changes in dosage or composition can have astounding and profound differences in effect.
I never said that the output is the same, but that the vapor is the same. The vapor should have the same cannabinoid to cannabinoid ratios, with higher or lower concentrations of air. Some vapes will output a larger volume, in a shorter period of time.

It's not like the Solo can hold back some CBD and let out more THC, while the Volcano releases more THV.

Sometimes being in different settings can make you get far higher on the same dose. Does that mean that someone sitting next to you, when you're used to vaporizing alone, is changing the vapor? Clearly, not. It means that a change in the experience put you in a different mindset.

EverythingsHazy,

daoist

My Arizer Extreme Q never failed me and gets me high every time. What i noticed though is better not to overfill the bowl.
i think not enough air can get through if packed to full. i usually pack 0,4gram to 0,45 gram in the extreme q bowl.
that will last me the whole evening and sometimes even the next day. It is a vaporizer and you can just leave it on as needed.

A bit dryer air seems to work better for vaping. 55% humidity is a bit to dry. but towards 58% to 60% seem to smoothen out the vape a bit while still getting great high. you can buy humidity packs for storage. but if you vape in a room with dry air, your weed will dry up really fast again.

LeftBased

Did some testing with a t-break and intermittent fasting and discovered.
Higher temps are great for the "body" / "lethargic" / "sleepy" effects.
Seems that with the healthy rips fury 2 and dosing capsules...
Dialing in the temp to 392F released plenty of full body effects that the strain could offer.
I felt like I smoked a blunt and was amazed however the vape produced a powerful smell at 392 F.
I felt like I got what that dose capsule could give me from the strain I vaped (hybrid).

Again after a short fast and a new day tested at 380F and 374F and finally 365F.

I conclude that 365F is great for sativa dominants. and 374~375F is good for Hybrids and Indicas and of course Sativa Dominants too
(just that whatever terpene or cannabinoid that the bud has could bring the sativa to more messed up feeling.)
Seems that MFLB is designed to be roughly at 375F to 380F and possibly higher.
With my healthy rips fury 2 and dosage capsules I was able to find a sweet spot at 374/375F degrees. For wake n bakes 365F seems to do wonders.

374/375F gives me a body high and strong relaxing effect maybe a slight couch lock depends on the strain.
Anything higher above 375F and any couchlock or relaxant / sleepy terps/cannabinoids get activated more.
I find that 375F is perfect for "morning/daytime/evening" if there is relaxant or sleepy it's not that bad.
Of course if you continue to consume at 375F prepare for a stronger couchlock or sleepy effect depends on the strain/terpenes/cannabinoids.
But initial wake n bake at 375F feels good for me takes away the pain in body. Let's me feel euphoria as well.

Before was doing 350F and was experience severe anxiety in some strains (sativas) with the indicas and hybrids not as much but felt lack luster sort of. Raised up temps to 352F got nice taste but felt there was missing components. raised up to 356F started to feel much better but again felt like I was missing stuff. 365F felt even better but again was missing the more bodily effects finally at 374/375F felt the body effects, and 392F felt the full entourage or at least close approximation of it also was much more loud smelling fun part the vape goes up to 430F I believe... and thats gonna just go straight black or dark brown and possibly a real harsher vape hit. at 392F the harshness wasn't as bad it was very drying on the throat but not unbearable. 374 to 375F is very easy to consume for me I can see some strains causing a tickle or coughing sensation again depends on how cured/dryed your cannabis is and what terps are in the strains. I've vaped strains that had spicy terps at lower temps caused a cough. so everything depends. Plus not every strain is identical thanks to phenotyping. One's blue dream may not be the same as anothers varies batch to batch same with Forum Cookies and other strains. I've had two copies of Motorbreath strain and they have slight variance because the strain was grown by two different producers thus different grow mediums and skill of growers. However the strain name matched up just slight phenotype variances. Same with every other strain. every season the strain phenotype varies based on whatever mothers they pick or if it's from seed.

The seeds give you phenotypes even if its just a slight variance. So say you have some seeds of Skunk #1 you have a possibility of getting different phenotypes from seed. after all UK CHEESE / Cheese came from a bag seed of Skunk #1. And people backcrossed it back to skunk for stability or potency or whatever. So who knows all I know is medium to high temps are good for HYBRIDS / INDICAS... sativas let you get away with lower temps... however lower temp sativa vaping can lead to anxiety because the lack of certain cannabinoid or terps that lower anxiety. however even wth hgher temps anxiety can still occur in all hybrids/indicas/sativas because too much THC can make one trip out so to say SATIVA is to blame for anxiety is a fallacy. It's very possible to experience anxiety from smoking or vaping indicas just that thanks to the hardiness of indicas you may not experience that all the time. Sativas such as Sour Diesel 90% sativa dom gives me full on anxiety at a low to medium temp. I have to go back to it again at higher temps I remember the MFLB didn't give me any anxiety from sour diesel and knowng MFLB is a range temp roughly 380F is the goal they designed it for but can go above that or even below depending on power source and technique. so roughly 375 ~ 385F i'd give the range for the mflb.

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Did some testing with a t-break and intermittent fasting and discovered.
Higher temps are great for the "body" / "lethargic" / "sleepy" effects.
Seems that with the healthy rips fury 2 and dosing capsules...
Dialing in the temp to 392F released plenty of full body effects that the strain could offer.
I felt like I smoked a blunt and was amazed however the vape produced a powerful smell at 392 F.
I felt like I got what that dose capsule could give me from the strain I vaped (hybrid).

Again after a short fast and a new day tested at 380F and 374F and finally 365F.

I conclude that 365F is great for sativa dominants. and 374~375F is good for Hybrids and Indicas and of course Sativa Dominants too
(just that whatever terpene or cannabinoid that the bud has could bring the sativa to more messed up feeling.)
Seems that MFLB is designed to be roughly at 375F to 380F and possibly higher.
With my healthy rips fury 2 and dosage capsules I was able to find a sweet spot at 374/375F degrees. For wake n bakes 365F seems to do wonders.

374/375F gives me a body high and strong relaxing effect maybe a slight couch lock depends on the strain.
Anything higher above 375F and any couchlock or relaxant / sleepy terps/cannabinoids get activated more.
I find that 375F is perfect for "morning/daytime/evening" if there is relaxant or sleepy it's not that bad.
Of course if you continue to consume at 375F prepare for a stronger couchlock or sleepy effect depends on the strain/terpenes/cannabinoids.
But initial wake n bake at 375F feels good for me takes away the pain in body. Let's me feel euphoria as well.

Before was doing 350F and was experience severe anxiety in some strains (sativas) with the indicas and hybrids not as much but felt lack luster sort of. Raised up temps to 352F got nice taste but felt there was missing components. raised up to 356F started to feel much better but again felt like I was missing stuff. 365F felt even better but again was missing the more bodily effects finally at 374/375F felt the body effects, and 392F felt the full entourage or at least close approximation of it also was much more loud smelling fun part the vape goes up to 430F I believe... and thats gonna just go straight black or dark brown and possibly a real harsher vape hit. at 392F the harshness wasn't as bad it was very drying on the throat but not unbearable. 374 to 375F is very easy to consume for me I can see some strains causing a tickle or coughing sensation again depends on how cured/dryed your cannabis is and what terps are in the strains. I've vaped strains that had spicy terps at lower temps caused a cough. so everything depends. Plus not every strain is identical thanks to phenotyping. One's blue dream may not be the same as anothers varies batch to batch same with Forum Cookies and other strains. I've had two copies of Motorbreath strain and they have slight variance because the strain was grown by two different producers thus different grow mediums and skill of growers. However the strain name matched up just slight phenotype variances. Same with every other strain. every season the strain phenotype varies based on whatever mothers they pick or if it's from seed.

The seeds give you phenotypes even if its just a slight variance. So say you have some seeds of Skunk #1 you have a possibility of getting different phenotypes from seed. after all UK CHEESE / Cheese came from a bag seed of Skunk #1. And people backcrossed it back to skunk for stability or potency or whatever. So who knows all I know is medium to high temps are good for HYBRIDS / INDICAS... sativas let you get away with lower temps... however lower temp sativa vaping can lead to anxiety because the lack of certain cannabinoid or terps that lower anxiety. however even wth hgher temps anxiety can still occur in all hybrids/indicas/sativas because too much THC can make one trip out so to say SATIVA is to blame for anxiety is a fallacy. It's very possible to experience anxiety from smoking or vaping indicas just that thanks to the hardiness of indicas you may not experience that all the time. Sativas such as Sour Diesel 90% sativa dom gives me full on anxiety at a low to medium temp. I have to go back to it again at higher temps I remember the MFLB didn't give me any anxiety from sour diesel and knowng MFLB is a range temp roughly 380F is the goal they designed it for but can go above that or even below depending on power source and technique. so roughly 375 ~ 385F i'd give the range for the mflb.

I always start my Fury2 sessions between 380F and 390F, and I always finish the bowl between 420F and 425F, and keep hitting it till no vapor is produced. Always had a good high that way.

Ramahs,
Reactions: C No Ego

C No Ego

I always start my Fury2 sessions between 380F and 390F, and I always finish the bowl between 420F and 425F, and keep hitting it till no vapor is produced. Always had a good high that way.

I start it at 350 F and then work up to 430 max temp to finish ... that initial flavor @ 350 for a little while is Why

C No Ego,

C No Ego

I tried starting way low, like 350F to 360F. I didn't find the vapor satisfying at all. Plus it takes too damn long to step up from that low.

it took some adjustments for me as 370 seemed the spot ... then I helped someone else find their sweet spot on the fury vape and 350 was it ... decided to try 350 myself and just stuck with it ... when flavor wears off after a few pulls then bump up temp... it does require more of a session but sipping vapor is a satisfying event in most cases so more of that please !

C No Ego,

Mookie0608

Stick to smoking or get a powerful desktop vape. Sorry not sorry but at least for the forseable future vaping will never compete with smoking for some medical patients treating conditions like chronic pain. The body highs just are not there. There’s options out there I fell in love with the ghost mv1, but another tip would be what ever the max heat setting is vape there unless u can set it to 427 you’ll thank me later if the vape can pull it off or get a adaptor and a bong you can vape with. There amazing too with the right vapes.

Mookie0608,

justcametomind

Stick to smoking or get a powerful desktop vape. Sorry not sorry but at least for the forseable future vaping will never compete with smoking for some medical patients treating conditions like chronic pain. The body highs just are not there. There’s options out there I fell in love with the ghost mv1, but another tip would be what ever the max heat setting is vape there unless u can set it to 427 you’ll thank me later if the vape can pull it off or get a adaptor and a bong you can vape with. There amazing too with the right vapes.
IMHO cannabinoids are cannabinoids. With combustion the majority of them is wasted up in smoke and you only add carcinogens to what you absorb. Strong physical high (couchlock etc.) can be reached with any quality vape. Heavy hitters can do that in less time, that's all, imho.
But if you don't stick to vaping and (more than) occasionally go back to smoking, you'll never switch because your body is still craving for those carcinogens. It just takes some good and lasting supply and a couple of weeks of patience.

C No Ego

last few times I smoked I did not feel a thing at all .. a wastes of weed ... and it tiook way to much to not feel anything .. I could have broken the joint apart and pack the Fury vape 4 or 5 times and get an effect each of those times from the same weed

EverythingsHazy

Don't let yourself get caught off guard. I know for a fact, that vaporizing can put you into that state where if you lie down and close your eyes, you'll feel like you are flying through outer space, and where you feel your skin tingling, with pulsing waves of energy flowing through your body.

It just requires a very low tolerance, good weed, and proper vaporization technique (temperature, session duration, etc.).

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
1 hit at 350 F, three at 412 through bong. Kinda harsh, even through the water with the high temp. Guess I'll use my bigger bong next time. Or later......Hahaha. This is my 3rd sesh today. So happy I gave vaping another chance.

I keep getting a message after only about 20 minutes of use saying, "Battery too hot: Allow the crafty to cool down." Which I'm doing but I don't know if this is normal or not.

Alright this can't be normal. Every time I try and use it I only get maybe 10 minutes after a full charge which takes around 3 hours!. After that 10 minutes I get that "Battery too hot: Allow the crafty to cool down."

I've only got 1 hour and 41 minutes of hours of operation. I'm waiting for it to charge still, it's supposedly almost done according to the app.

Should I RMA?.
What happened with this? Your thread diverged pretty hard

iDRINKBLEACH,
Reactions: Flow

Mookie0608

Not feeling effects from cannabis usually is from tolerance related issues such as poor quality weed, higher tolerance that requires more consumption or better quality weed. When I mean better quality weed ( if your like me even “good weed” is not going to cut it anymore. I started smoking some crazy purple kush and nothing below the potency can cut it anymore unless I take a tolerance break from purple kush. I have had the same issue myself though off and on with both smoking, and vaping and ultimately for me it came down to I’m fine with not getting a strong buzz as long as I’m relaxed happy and out of pain, as well accepting that
Don't let yourself get caught off guard. I know for a fact, that vaporizing can put you into that state where if you lie down and close your eyes, you'll feel like you are flying through outer space, and where you feel your skin tingling, with pulsing waves of energy flowing through your body.

It just requires a very low tolerance, good weed, and proper vaporization technique (temperature, session duration, etc.).
My suggestion would be in order number 1-3
Volcano
Ghost mv1
Mighty

Mookie0608,

pop22

I always pick the strains that will put me to sleep or knock me out. The strains that I used with my bongs I used when I first tried the EQ. So those same strains kept me up and wired instead of knocking me out or relaxing me.
Crank the vape up to 400F and you'll be good. Low temps for flavor then turn it up. I have an Herbalaire tabletop and I use it every night, with a bong, and get exactly the same high as smoking and don't get a mouth that tastes like an ashtray...... bodystone and sleepy high, I sleep all night since I began vaping before bed and I've been a chronic insomniac most of my life.

pop22,
Reactions: Exsmoker

Mookie0608

@Mookie0608 seems as if you quoted something I did not write ... it looks like something I might say however
Yeah my bad idk how I did a double quote. And for the guy below you I crank my ghost up to 427 every time for that body high. I wish my night could go past 410.

Mookie0608,

EverythingsHazy

My suggestion would be in order number 1-3
Volcano
Ghost mv1
Mighty
I am not 100% decided on the Volcano, yet. I believe it is a solid vape. What I am curious about, is it's efficiency. I feel like its less efficient than the e-nano, but it facilittes faster comfortable consumption.

If you want to get really baked, very quickly, the Volcano can do it (even with a decent tolerance).

If you want to conserve weed, I'd go with a log vape.

The Volcano doesn't have to use a lot of weed, but the less you use, the wispier the vapor, so whether or not you get the same effects, the vapor feels different. Even if you only pack enough for one bighit, a log vape can make that single hit into a massive, dense cloud. A Volvano would still take at least a bag to fully extract it, and the bag would be completely see-through.

Top Bottom