No body high

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
except we are not breathing in fire ( gasses that are on fire) ... a typical wood fire does that but when smoking weed the heat cinder is a cinder not an open flame ... the open flame would be the lighter to ignite the cinder then the flame goes into a super charged charring cinder ( cherry) that incinerates anything it touches while forming nearby biochemicals into an aerosol.
Volcano vape reaches 525 F ... combustion temps start in the 500 F range don't they ?

Dr Donald Tashkin has the info on how a cannabis smoker is protected just a bit more than a non smoker ( believe that or not) ... he mostly was measuring pulmonary lung function but when asked what mechanisms are responsible the patented Gov info is used to make the determination ( patent # 6630507 -cannabinoids as anti oxidants and neuroprotectants )

I'm not entirely sure on the combustion temps, so 500 may be right! I just saw 427 combustion and I'm fairly certain that is too low to be combusting. I'm not even super familiar with the volcano, is the heat setting on volcano for the heater itself, or is it measuring the oven/load temp?

But yes, we're not inhaling fire when we're combusting, but the flower is being heated to a super charged charring cinder, or cherry, which is going through a chemical change. Which is why you get ash vs what your typical AVB comes out as. So if you take a joint as an example, the cherry on the end provides super heated gasses, released from the continuously smoldering cherry, to the rest of the joint, which should be vaporizing the flower that isnt touching the cherry, on its way through the joint and into your mouth/lungs. As you inhale you introduce more airflow to the cherry, increasing the temp, and you're still combusting/smoldering the plant material the cherry touches, you inhale those gasses along with whatever was vaporized with the residual heat from the cherry.

Even though you're getting both combustion + vaporization, I dont think the vaporization occurring in a joint is nearly as efficient as the vaporization occurring in our vapes. Although its not an open flame, there is still a chemical change when theres a cherry involved.

You have to reach combustion temps in order to get a cherry. You can heat flower all you want, but it wont actually glow red until it's gone through a chemical change and the plant matter itself is turning to ash.

Then of course you have the guys who snap bongs and hold their lighter over their bowl until it turns 100% to ash and pulls through, but thats different!

BrianTL,
Reactions: C No Ego

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Even though you're getting both combustion + vaporization, I dont think the vaporization occurring in a joint is nearly as efficient as the vaporization occurring in our vapes.
Have you seen this?

3-Figure2-1.png

You have to reach combustion temps in order to get a cherry. You can heat flower all you want, but it wont actually glow red until it's gone through a chemical change and the plant matter itself is turning to ash.

I built an all glass convection butane powered vape where you can watch everything happen and have been blown away from watching multiple loads catch on fire without turning to ash - Even had one catch on fire on the BOTTOM of the herb at the screen, not the top of the load closest to the heat source. Of course I stop pulling when I see glow, maybe it would turn to ash eventually, but the brief combustion events have strangely never been obviously visually indicative of such occurring.

:Edited to add source

Last edited:

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Have you seen this?

3-Figure2-1.png

I built an all glass convection butane powered vape where you can watch everything happen and have been blown away from watching multiple loads catch on fire without turning to ash - Even had one catch on fire on the BOTTOM of the herb at the screen, not the top of the load closest to the heat source. Of course I stop pulling when I see glow, maybe it would turn to ash eventually, but the brief combustion events have strangely never been obviously visually indicative of such occurring.

:Edited to add source

Oh yeah, I did! My bad, Friday and an off day so I'm feeling pretty good :spliff: ! Probably why I'm ranting and good chance a lot of it doesn't make sense.

When you say catch on fire, are you getting actual flame/smoke? Or just rolling over from basically blackened AVB into a red ember? That's interesting.

Granted everything has its own spontaneous combustion point, heat anything up to the right temp and it will just start burning with a direct ignition source...provided the other conditions are met.

BrianTL,

Mookie0608

Not to be nitpicking so please dont take it that way, but I dont think its very normal to combust at 427. I believe the accepted combustion point is at 451 F. Theres more that goes into it, like load specifics, how fast load is being heated, etc etc... so I suppose it is possible to combust at 427 if the situation is right, but if you're regularly combusting there that could be an issue.

To clarify I'm not talking about scorching/charring here, which is different than combustion.

Technically anything that combusts, is vaporized first, assuming it starts in the solid state as opposed to a flammable gas or something. Even firewood, the heat is "vaporizing" the wood and off-gassing, then those gasses are whats actually igniting/combusting
I could be wrong maybe it’s just a very nasty disgusting traste. I have really only hit it with my old firefly and my ghost.
The taste is like burnt disgusting food and the bud turns dark black and when it does the smell lingers as long and as bad as smoking except smoking weed in a closed in area smells a hell of a lot better than what the smell of the ghost after vaping is like. I thought it was boarder line combusting because of the smell the black the dense heavy vapor and it won’t do it unless I break 420 in temperature and the higher I go the faster and easier it is to get it to happen.

Mookie0608,

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I could be wrong maybe it’s just a very nasty disgusting traste. I have really only hit it with my old firefly and my ghost.
The taste is like burnt disgusting food and the bud turns dark black and when it does the smell lingers as long and as bad as smoking except smoking weed in a closed in area smells a hell of a lot better than what the smell of the ghost after vaping is like. I thought it was boarder line combusting because of the smell the black the dense heavy vapor and it won’t do it unless I break 420 in temperature and the higher I go the faster and easier it is to get it to happen.

Hmm maybe you are combusting then, flavor definitely gets worse at higher temps, and there is that burnt popcorn taste, but if the room smells for as long and as strong as it does compared to smoking, that does kind of sound like combustion.

Even at high temp borderline combustion for me, the smell dissipates quickly and theres no lingering foul taste in the device. When I have combusted, it was very obvious based on taste and smell alone.

BrianTL,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Oh yeah, I did! My bad, Friday and an off day so I'm feeling pretty good :spliff: ! Probably why I'm ranting and good chance a lot of it doesn't make sense.

When you say catch on fire, are you getting actual flame/smoke? Or just rolling over from basically blackened AVB into a red ember? That's interesting.

Granted everything has its own spontaneous combustion point, heat anything up to the right temp and it will just start burning with a direct ignition source...provided the other conditions are met.

Yes actual flame, when it has happened it seems to be an orange glow, not a red cherry; I always stop drawing air as soon as I see it cause frankly half-vaped-then-smoked herb seems to be way worse than even regular combustion. The weirdest one was when the screen was fairly clogged and it built up enough heat to burn down there instead of the top of the herb closest to the heat. I really wish I would have taken pictures as the AVB looked “charred” but it never converts to ash. More like charcoal. It’s the weirdest thing I’ve ever seen in all my years vaping!

Also FWIW in regards to that combustion comparison I definitely would love to see more vaporizers actually evaluated alongside combustion methods for efficiency. I feel we need more data and testing to consider any of it “definitive” even by subjective standards, but it is pretty interesting information none-the-less!

invertedisdead,
Reactions: BrianTL

Alexis

@Whazzup – Kind of. It is said that more sedative cannabinoids are released at higher temps, but as far as I know those temps are still well below combustion temps. It is not necessary to cross that line or even get very close to get slapped to the moon. I definitely think the idea of certain carcinogens having a psychotropic effect is nonsense. We are able to enjoy the full spectrum without having to ride the cancer dragon.
I don't disgree. However, the vapcap is the vape I use myself most all of the times I vape nowadays.

I think there is a claim to be made that even proper technique and usage can border on the line of slight pyrolysis, just be the nature of it's design.

The vapcaps automatically have a more "smokey" signature I have always felt, vs true convection vapor.

Alexis,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Dr Donald Tashkin has the info on how a cannabis smoker is protected just a bit more than a non smoker ( believe that or not) ... he mostly was measuring pulmonary lung function but when asked what mechanisms are responsible the patented Gov info is used to make the determination ( patent # 6630507 -cannabinoids as anti oxidants and neuroprotectants )
No doubt, his study is very interesting and justifies further investigation – but one study is not enough to assume harm or lack of harm. As far as I can see Tashkin was not able to explain the effects and could only speculate. For me it is pretty obvious for example that people who also smoke tobacco will most likely smoke more in total than those who only smoke weed.

Anyway, heavy offtopic, sorry for that.

Alexis

No doubt, his study is very interesting and justifies further investigation – but one study is not enough to assume harm or lack of harm. As far as I can see Tashkin was not able to explain the effects and could only speculate. For me it is pretty obvious for example that people who also smoke tobacco will most likely smoke more in total than those who only smoke weed.

Anyway, heavy offtopic, sorry for that.
Yeah that's at least partly because they are addicted to the routine of frequently smoking nicotine so they crave their spliffs because they are secretly craving the nicotine so it just becomes a regular practice.

Where in contrast you are smoking or vaporizing pure weed alone it tends to be more regimented slightly and purely for effects and not such immediate addictive gratification.

I'm with you too. I had no problems myself switching from smoking to vaporising I mean I used vaporizers my whole time I smoked cannabis with tobacco and I always appreciated them and got sufficient effects but they were really crap vaporizers to what's available nowayears.

I guess we can all just be different in that regard, but definitely I think there is a consciousness aspect to it for certain.

Last edited:

C No Ego

I'm not entirely sure on the combustion temps, so 500 may be right! I just saw 427 combustion and I'm fairly certain that is too low to be combusting. I'm not even super familiar with the volcano, is the heat setting on volcano for the heater itself, or is it measuring the oven/load temp?

But yes, we're not inhaling fire when we're combusting, but the flower is being heated to a super charged charring cinder, or cherry, which is going through a chemical change. Which is why you get ash vs what your typical AVB comes out as. So if you take a joint as an example, the cherry on the end provides super heated gasses, released from the continuously smoldering cherry, to the rest of the joint, which should be vaporizing the flower that isnt touching the cherry, on its way through the joint and into your mouth/lungs. As you inhale you introduce more airflow to the cherry, increasing the temp, and you're still combusting/smoldering the plant material the cherry touches, you inhale those gasses along with whatever was vaporized with the residual heat from the cherry.

Even though you're getting both combustion + vaporization, I dont think the vaporization occurring in a joint is nearly as efficient as the vaporization occurring in our vapes. Although its not an open flame, there is still a chemical change when theres a cherry involved.

Then of course you have the guys who snap bongs and hold their lighter over their bowl until it turns 100% to ash and pulls through, but thats different!
great explanation ... the smoke too disfigures the molecules that we are after ... soot soaked meds ...

@Siebter "

Anyway, heavy offtopic, sorry for that."

yeah , there is other research that concludes his research or progresses it further and explains it ... the most noticable factor the phytocannabinoids are bronchodilators ... they act as a minor ROS as well activating anti oxidant effect

Kins

I do not agree that vaping is healthier than smoking. Hoping that it is, but vaping hasn't been studied like smoking and hasn't been around as long. Everyone that vapes is really a guinea pig. What about those vapes that have silicone or electronic vapor paths?. What about breathing in toxic metals?

Last edited:
Kins,

Alexis

I do not agree that vaping is healthier than smoking. Hoping that it is, but vaping hasn't been studied like smoking and hasn't been around as long. Everyone that vapes is really a guinea pig. What about those vapes that have silicone or electronic vapor paths?. What about breathing in toxic metals?

I think that's a rather shallow, presumptious, and slightly ignorant way to look at it.

Yes, valid indeed are specific material toxicity concerns. Which has long been a widely discussed and explored concept here on FC.

Certainly some vaporizer models are potentially, if not unquestionably toxic. I had a Vapir vaporizer in 2006- very unnatural to me. Toxic sure.

But vaporizing as a concept, with a device with zero additional material toxicity, is a different matter.

It makes very good sense, according to logic, and overwhelmingly supported by wide subjective experience- that vaporizing as a concept is much less physically harmful than smoking in any form.

Sure, we don't know for a fact until we have those studies.

But my money until then, is going on vaporizing very likely being less physically harmful than smoking cannabis, with or without tobacco.

And just to be clear- the distinction and debate here is entirely unrelated to e-ciggiarettes. That is a different matter entirely and certainly toxic I believe.

We are talking strictly here about vaporizing cannabis, vs smoking cannabis.

Alexis,

damm

I started with a Volcano digital because of this. I still own 2; I need to clean them before they can be used again.

But getting used to vaporization kicked my butt at first (and still does to this day when done right). I was used to smoking 4 bowls, so smoking 4 bags from the Volcano required me to lay down for 15-45 because I was so high.

Moving forward, I purchased a Weedeater from Newvape and the 18mm glass bowls over a year ago and could not be happier. I miss using my Sticky Brick as I think it had a better flavor than the Weedeater, but that may be in my head.

Evaluation of a vaporizing device (Volcano) for the pulmonary administration of tetrahydrocannabinol

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@Kins – When looking at e cig studies, always take into account that rats and mice react very different to nicotine than humans. Testing potential harm for us humans from nicotine or tobacco smoke on them makes no sense. Also has nothing to do with the topic discussed here anyway. Here are some cannabis related studies:

Siebter,
Reactions: Alexis

Warpdrive

I'm not going to argue. I'm well known in the e-cigarette realm. Some of the scientists, especially in San Fran are on the take. We were set up

I'll leave now....

Warpdrive,

Alexis

@Kins – When looking at e cig studies, always take into account that rats and mice react very different to nicotine than humans. Testing potential harm for us humans from nicotine or tobacco smoke on them makes no sense. Also has nothing to do with the topic discussed here anyway. Here are some cannabis related studies:

Lol, always the Scientist! (Says the Philosopher!) 😉

Alexis,
Reactions: Siebter

EverythingsHazy

E-cigs are very different from bud vaporizers. Do you think that they would both be worse than smoking, or just the e-cig style vapes. I don't trust those as much as regular bud, because you can't tell how well they were made.

EverythingsHazy,
Reactions: Alexis

Alexis

E-cigs are very different from bud vaporizers. Do you think that they would both be worse than smoking, or just the e-cig style vapes. I don't trust those as much as regular bud, because you can't tell how well they were made.
Yo Hazy. I think there is an unquestionable, solid argument, even evidence I believe, that e cigs are toxic, including passively.

If not the nicotine itself, the overly pongy, perfume based, artificial fruity flavorings.

It's such a no brainer.

I just assumed the above poster misunderstood the nature and focus of discussion in this thread entirely, perhaps still very naive on the topic of pure cannabis vaporisation. I tried to make that distinction and confusion clear anyhow.

Alexis,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
If not the nicotine itself, the overly pongy, perfume based, artificial fruity flavorings.
Taste preferences shouldn't be the base to judge health concerns. Studies about nicotine have changed our knowledge about nicotine quite a bit lately – even scientific mainstream acknowledges that. It's not the nicotine that kills us, it's the smoke.

Anyway, @EverythingsHazy – I suggest to learn more about e cigs and what they can do for us in respective forums. Discussing it here on FC is not easy and will most likely result in bro science fights. If you need more info, pm me.

Siebter,

Alexis

Taste preferences shouldn't be the base to judge health concerns. Studies about nicotine have changed our knowledge about nicotine quite a bit lately – even scientific mainstream acknowledges that. It's not the nicotine that kills us, it's the smoke.

Anyway, @EverythingsHazy – I suggest to learn more about e cigs and what they can do for us in respective forums. Discussing it here on FC is not easy and will most likely result in bro science fights. If you need more info, pm me.
I don't exactly mean taste preferences as such. But essentially, e cig flavourings are artificial, man made, and unnatural. And I'm sure there was some wind about evidence of toxicity, but you would know more about that than myself.

Personally, I'm very allergic to passive e cigs. That powerful aftershave like component affects me very badly, respiratory wise. I'm extremely allergic to passive tobacco smoke too, due to Lyme Disease and very severe allergies.

In many ways, I am a mining canary. Natural things can affect me on a varying scale, but artificial origin and it's another level.

With cannabis, I am forced to grow my own, because for 15 years I have been severely allergic to most organic fertilisers.

But again, chemical fertilisers are 100 times worse. It is not just a temporary allergenic irritation, but a prolonged recovery period, much more sever effects, and seemingly actual damage or substantial irritation done.

I am extremely in tune with my body and how every single thing affects me differently, food, drug, supplement etc.

Tobacco smoke too. Rolling tobacco, I can get much nearer to, even catch the odd bit my way. But tailored cigiarettes, I cannot even get anywhere near. Even from a 100 foot distance, wind blown, has an instant severe allergenic affect on me.

Last edited:
Alexis,

EverythingsHazy

Yo Hazy. I think there is an unquestionable, solid argument, even evidence I believe, that e cigs are toxic, including passively.

It's such a no brainer.

I just assumed the above poster misunderstood the nature and focus of discussion in this thread entirely, perhaps still very naive on the topic of pure cannabis vaporisation. I tried to make that distinction and confusion clear anyhow.
Yea, I don't trust e-cigs. I'm also cautious with Cannabis pen vapes, because you can't tell what's in them by just looking, so you have to find a trusted source.
Thanks for offering more info.

I only mentioned them, not to start up a debate, but because the video links that were in the post which I replied to, say "e-cigarettes" and not Cannabis vaporizers, so it wouldn't make much sense to use those articles to make an informed decision about Cannabis vaporizing.

After that, by "e-cig style vapes", I was referring to the pen vapes with Cannabis cartridges. I asked about those, because I was curious if he meant all vaporization of Cannabis, or just those liquid pens. I wouldn't be surprised if some of those are not as safe as pure bud.

EverythingsHazy,

C No Ego

cannabis plant has 570 total constituent parts ... ( mature plant) ... if the plant is ignited into cinder over 4000 newly created aromatic hydrocarbons are created ( Toxins) ... when vaporizing using a Clean Air Path dry herb Vape zero smoke by products are created therefore no toxins ... the research ionto the constituetns in the plant shows them as biologically active in man . if we absorb them only and no toxix by products the conclusion is much safer much better recognizing of them as we metabolize them

Alexis

cannabis plant has 570 total constituent parts ... ( mature plant) ... if the plant is ignited into cinder over 4000 newly created aromatic hydrocarbons are created ( Toxins) ... when vaporizing using a Clean Air Path dry herb Vape zero smoke by products are created therefore no toxins ... the research ionto the constituetns in the plant shows them as biologically active in man . if we absorb them only and no toxix by products the conclusion is much safer much better recognizing of them as we metabolize them
Also very crucial and still so vastly under-recongnized and valued- the way cannabinoids are delivered and transferres into the bloodstream and bodily tissues, is significantly more medicinal, than smoking the cannabinoids in.

Especially for direct heart support and certain heart conditions. There is a hospital in Israel, allegedly the front line leading heart disease research and treatment hospital in the world, and one of their primary treatment methids is vaporized cannabinoids.

I was told this years abo by a creditable member here, whose young born son was a patient there.

I myself had several acute virsl heart infections in the past. Rapid irregular, skipping heartbeat and severe malaise for weeks on end. As soon as I started vaporizing pure cannabis, literally within minutes, my heart fucntion, beat and stbility immediately normalised and remained that way until the infection was cleared, using my home electromedicine treatments.

With zero lasting harm. Vaporizing definitely saved my life at those times, or prevented any permanent damage at the very least.

C No Ego

Also very crucial and still so vastly under-recongnized and valued- the way cannabinoids are delivered and transferres into the bloodstream and bodily tissues, is significantly more medicinal, than smoking the cannabinoids in.

Especially for direct heart support and certain heart conditions. There is a hospital in Israel, allegedly the front line leading heart disease research and treatment hospital in the world, and one of their primary treatment methids is vaporized cannabinoids.

I was told this years abo by a creditable member here, whose young born son was a patient there.

I myself had several acute virsl heart infections in the past. Rapid irregular, skipping heartbeat and severe malaise for weeks on end. As soon as I started vaporizing pure cannabis, literally within minutes, my heart fucntion, beat and stbility immediately normalised and remained that way until the infection was cleared, using my home electromedicine treatments.

With zero lasting harm. Vaporizing definitely saved my life at those times, or prevented any permanent damage at the very least.
Indeed , inhaled exogenous cannabinoids that are just decarboxylated will start acting instantly into Bile acids and this allows mobility instantly . how they act as reactive oxygen species provides instant anti oxidant effects as well . Bring up that Israel hospital in mainstream circles and watch a whole lot of angry faces being challeneged with truth LOL

Alexis

Indeed , inhaled exogenous cannabinoids that are just decarboxylated will start acting instantly into Bile acids and this allows mobility instantly . how they act as reactive oxygen species provides instant anti oxidant effects as well . Bring up that Israel hospital in mainstream circles and watch a whole lot of angry faces being challeneged with truth LOL
Also, regarding heart health support at times of attack, and surely also preventative- via the lungs, those vaporized cannbinoids get such quick access and delivery directly to the heart.

When I had those heart infections, edible cannabis was strangely, physically exacerbating the frightening, unstable heart symptoms and associated malaise.

Within minutes of returning to vaporizing, all of the symptoms and feeling of malaise completely disappeared, and never returned.

It only took a few good tokes of vapor. Quite astonishing how immediately and completely effective it was to bolster the heart, normalise and regulate healthy function so quickly.

Top Bottom