No body high

Kins

Hi there new to the forum here. I had been smoking for around 6 months before I tried vaping. I purchased a Airizer Extreme Q. Tried it out but don't like the high. The problem is it doesn't feel the same as smoking. I don't get the same effects. I only lasted about a week with it. Then tried to sell it and I couldn't get rid of it. Thing is I smoke strains that will normally put me to sleep because that's what I want from it anyway. So I tried vaping the same strains and they woke me up. I was up most of those nights trying to get to sleep. Vaping did the exact opposite for me it made me energetic. There was no body high, so there was no pain relief. I'm a medical marijuana card holder. For sleep, anxiety, and pain relief.

So no body high, no pain relief.....

So I went back to smoking after a week and the Airizer is in my closet collecting dust.

How many of you vape heads started with smoking? Why would you not like the effects from smoking besides the health aspects?

When I get a good body high from smoking I get the tingles all over my body and all pain is gone and negative thoughts disappear. Sometimes when it's really good it makes it hard to walk because your limbs feel all jello like. I love/loved that.

Vaping did do something for me but it was very mild and it was only in the head, but clear headed and not like your "high" at all. I've even seen on some of these vaping sites that on one of them they describe the vape high as being "less intoxicating". Why would I switch to something that barely does anything?. I smoke because I want to be intoxicated heavily. If I want less intoxication I'll smoke less product in each sesh. I want that couch lock feeling.

Lately my tolerance is sky high so I'm gonna take a t break for a few weeks. Then I'll try vaping again. I want to switch over for health but I want to get the same effects as smoking.

I want to feel high when I'm smoking or vaping.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Sounds like you might not be vaping at, or at least not finishing off at, a high-enough temperature to vaporize the types of cannabinoids that give you the body-high. They vaporize at the very highest end of what most regulated electronic vaporizers run at. It sounds like you may want an unregulated direct-draw butane vape, like the StickyBrick line...or something like that which allows you to push the herb to the very limit.

Kins

Full bowl max temperature and slow inhalations. Yo should get thick vapor and your herbs must end dark brown almost black if you managed to get a full extraction. Don´t know about the arizer but in my flowerpot I can get an instant KO doing that.

I was told or read online that when filling a bowl for vaping it should not be completely full. See I'm pretty new to vaping.....Max temps are good for potency and mid range is good for flavor. So yeah maybe that was my problem. One thing I loved when I tried it was tasting the terps. From smoking I like the couch lock, and fully body highs. If I could get my Arizer to do both for me that would be awesome. I might also purchase the Volcano Hybrid which is supposed the best Desktop Vape ever created.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who replied or replies to the thread. You have been very helpful. Now I just have to figure out how long to do my tolerance break. I had been smoking 3+ grams at the very least per day. This article says I should break for 12 weeks, which seems like an eternity to me,

https://www.monroeblvd.com/blogs/cannaacademy/marijuana-tolerance-break

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
One thing I loved when I tried it was tasting the terps. From smoking I like the couch lock, and fully body highs. If I could get my Arizer to do both for me that would be awesome.

It can when you temp-step through your session. Try starting low for the first few draws, then gradually step up to finish the load at max temp. Eventually you'll find your perfect temperature range.

It should be said though that the Arizers, while great for what they are, are not known to be the heaviest hitters, I also recommend looking into something like the Sticky Bricks, Tinymight, S+B Plenty, Tetra P80, Milaana... – they might give you a bit more of a solid experience.

This article says I should break for 12 weeks, which seems like an eternity to me [...]

I read likewise recommendations a lot, I personally never needed a t break to switch... I consider that to be a myth. Switching from smoking to vaping can involve obstacles, but none of them get smaller by t breaking.

LeftBased

When I got back into vaping; I was the same way where is the body high?

Turns out even though the cannabis I bought was legitimate 20% THC and higher; and frosty straight from the recreational dispensary here in cali (licensed 100% legal). And I was surprised it turns out I didn't grind my herb correctly. some vapes like MFLB don't need to be jam packed and they just need to have a "fine grind". I tested using a regular 4 piece than the finishing grinder. then the finishing grinder alone and must say I prefer the "finishing grinder" alone for grinding small amounts of herb.

I do hand break down the nug to smaller tiny bud nugs so I can use the finishing grinder to grate down the herb to a "fine grind" while retaining any kief in the MFLB trench and switched to NATIVE MODE and go based on heat and flavor than vigoursly shake the trench and notice the herb clumps up slightly which means the goods are still melting. after awhile I notice the herb starts to get "drier" and less clumpy.

The less clumpiness and very faint flavors tell me I am about done with my herb.
I also use 4 aftermarket rechargable nimh's that rated higher mahs and do seem to "toast" the trench slightly better than the current glyphs, However I find the glyphs longer lasting but not as strong as the aftermarket. So the aftermarket batteries I bought a smart charger for them to make sure they are fully charged. I keep track on my phone how many hits I've taken with each battery (I have them labeled from 1 to 6) so I can know what battery is due for a recharge.

I estimate roughly 25 to 40 hits per battery but found that depends on usage. they might have a decent kick up to 25 hits. after 25 hits the battery strength starts giving diminishing returns for efficiency, meaning I have to hold in battery longer to give trench a nice heat up. Haven't combusted yet with the fully charged glyphs or aftermarket battery, Because the hits from aftermarket battery are just much hotter if I try to take huge fat rips it will cause me to cough out the vapor without inhaling all the goodies.

So I sort of micro hit and stack my hits sometimes per battery press. and I swap to another battery after taking a hit (and log it on phone). Surprisingly my trenchs last anywhere from a day to three days depends on THC % of the product and how well it's cured mainly anything 20% THC will last me at least a day to two days on average.

Depends if I am busy or not. But when I am not busy I don't really go ham with the vape because it medicates me pretty good in morning so long lasting.
Yes I've had a tolerance break for over a year.
Went from vaping distillate carts to vaping dry herb.
Find the dry herb gives the best effect thanks to all the terpenes.
Some strains lack a strong body high (but not exactly) it's just different.
Some offer a light body high and some a strong relaxing one.
Sometimes you have strains that give you the punch of an electrifying sativa with relaxing body high.
Sounds crazy but it's true the terpenes in high THC cannabis can have variant of effects.
Also if you have a lot of pain your whole psychoactive effects may vary I found relief in sativa leaning hybrids along with indica hybrids again there is more than sativa / indica subspecies it's all about the terps too. High THC = good but a great flavor/terpene mix even better.

Mendo Breath is good for body pain relief and relaxation. with some cerebral effects.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
First off, you should check out the @DDave mods for the Extreme Q and read up on how to get the best usage out of the EQ. I've never owned one myself but it seems like one of those vapes that works best when fully dialed in. Luckily there are many experts on the EQ on this forum!

As far as an effective tolerance break - most people with "high tolerance" really struggle with session frequency. Cutting back the number of sessions per day can ultimately be just as, if not more effective than a t break without stopping cold turkey. A tolerance break often doesn't have the effectiveness people are really looking for as it only lowers tolerance temporarily, when often one really needs more effective usage habits.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Thanks for the reply @invertedisdead. @LeftBased You really took off over a year from consumption?. What was it like when you came back to it?.

I took off for 8-years when I was on felony probation for 10 years. But I don't recommend it.
I've always hated the period after a t-break where I have to build my tolerance back up to acceptable levels.
So, I try to avoid doing t-breaks on purpose. If I ever want to lower my tolerance(but never get rid of it) for any reason, I just use less herb for a while.

Exsmoker

Plant Manager
I know everyone is different, but for me, the full-body, narcotic effects are directly related to the strain that I'm vaping, more so than anything else. I prefer heavy indica, Afghani type strains for nighttime medicating. As a former long-time combustor, I still get these same effects with my vapes by not doing anything special other than not using low temps.

conanOrien

I'm wondering how much of this comes down to the smoke composition and byproducts of combustion...

I always thought blunts were the best, because taking a beastly hit to the headpiece would always leave me on my ass.

Looking back, now I think it has more to do with the blend of nicotine high/cannabis high/oxygen deprivation.

I recently got a Volcano and wanted to experiment with replicating these types of effects after taking a huge rip from a bag.

I found that I was able to get pretty extreme effects by inducing hyperventilation right before taking a fat sip.

Don't try this standing up. There's an extremely high chance you'll wake up on the floor.

So the process would follow:
  1. Take deep breaths rapidly for about 10-15-20 seconds
  2. Exhale your last breath (not all the way, but mostly)
  3. Inhale from the bag deeply
  4. Hold for a few seconds (not too long here, 10 or less)
  5. Release
I'd recommend practicing hyperventilation before mixing with vaping. It reduces the amount of CO2 in your respiratory system. This results in excess O2, which causes euphoric effects, improved state of mind, and spaciness.

Be careful on step 4. Oxygen deprivation can and will kill you quickly. The point is not to suffocate!

Kins

I know everyone is different, but for me, the full-body, narcotic effects are directly related to the strain that I'm vaping, more so than anything else. I prefer heavy indica, Afghani type strains for nighttime medicating. As a former long-time combustor, I still get these same effects with my vapes by not doing anything special other than not using low temps.

I always pick the strains that will put me to sleep or knock me out. The strains that I used with my bongs I used when I first tried the EQ. So those same strains kept me up and wired instead of knocking me out or relaxing me.

Kins,
Reactions: macbill

Kins

When I smoke through my bong with an ashcatcher and inline perc and also use an activated carbon filter I get more flavor that way. I also use "peace water" which traps all the resin and crap so you can just pour the bong when the peace water gets dirty. It traps a ton of garbage that water doesn't. I barely even cough with this set up.

I was/am sick of the smoke and the "stink" getting everywhere, clothes, hair, furniture they all a bit smelly if you smoke.

So this is my second full day off. I'm gonna try vaping again after my T-break. Also thinking of purchasing the Volcano Hybrid because that way I have no excuse for a not so good vaping experience. At least that way I know if it doesn't go so great that it's me and not the vape. I almost broke last night and took out the bong, but I held back. 2 days so far counting today. I probally shouldn't be counting the days though. Some people say that makes it more difficult.

Kins,

Kins

I would not recommend a Volcano for somebody looking for a bong like experience. There are way better vapes for that style that very closely mimic taking a bong hit.

The Volcano is more like a joint.

Well that's great because I love smoking joints also. I had been using King palm wraps lately though. As long as I get a body high like when smoking I'll be overjoyed.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Well that's great because I love smoking joints also. I had been using King palm wraps lately though. As long as I get a body high like when smoking I'll be overjoyed.

If you like joints or blunts you might like it a lot, :spliff: I just wanted to point that out cause a lot of bong guys who come on here are looking for something that can crush a bowl in one or two hits like they are used to when smoking, and for that usage the volcano is not ideal. The Volcano was my daily driver for a long time, before that I used a whip vape, often through water. But now a days there are a lot of "heater + bowl" vapes that very closely mimic a combustion bong hit in usage and ritual. The Flowerpot is a popular one. :science:

I took a canna capsule a few hours ago that is giving a pretty good body high! :zzz:
more like a hash coma :rofl:

Kins

If you like joints or blunts you might like it a lot, :spliff: I just wanted to point that out cause a lot of bong guys who come on here are looking for something that can crush a bowl in one or two hits like they are used to when smoking, and for that usage the volcano is not ideal. The Volcano was my daily driver for a long time, before that I used a whip vape, often through water. But now a days there are a lot of "heater + bowl" vapes that very closely mimic a combustion bong hit in usage and ritual. The Flowerpot is a popular one. :science:

I took a canna capsule a few hours ago that is giving a pretty good body high! :zzz:

Nah I've not often cached a bowl in one or two hits. I just like the smoothness of the bong compared to a joint or blunt. Recently though I got into the king palm wraps and getting the mini ones that come in different flavors. You have to pop the flavor capsule in the corn husk filter then you just breath it in. King Palms are pretty smooth though compared to joints or blunts. King palms are all natural though and tobacco and nicotine free.

Kins,

Kins

I just Googled the Flowpot vape. Looks interesting but not my style. It just looks like some kind of industrial tool set. Plus I like to stick with certain brands or a certain brand. Like with Bongs I have 2 from Diamond glass and 4 from Roor. Two classic Roors and 2 Roor Tech. I had been considering the Volcano hybrid for years now. I just cheaped out and got the Arizer EQ back when I first tried vaping. My eye had always been on both. Just didn't have enough moola back then to get the Volcano Hybrid. Now as soon as I have the money I'm gonna get the Volcano Hybrid for my next experience after my T-break. I'm sure the flowerpot is awesome but it's not for me. I'd rather have one that looks more like an appliance. Plus it looks like it might be complicated to use while stoned. When I used the EQ stupid me forgot the bowl gets hot when I was stoned. I grabbed it with my hand without even thinking, burnt my hand and dropped the bowl, it didn't break or crack though!.

Kins,

conanOrien

If you're kicking around the idea of spending a shitload of money and you like the idea of ripping a bong, maybe check out the vap-bong?

Probably not a good idea if you want the ability to return it, but fuck me if I don't want to try one every time I break into this thread:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-vapbong-from-art-of-vapor.29579/

They're hand made, and look gorgeous... Plus the dude who runs the company seems like someone I'm totally happy to support.

Also fwiw they're probably crazy backordered right now... People went buckwild on their store on 420 or so I hear.

Here's a direct link to their store if you wanna jump right in:
https://www.art-of-vapor.com/

conanOrien,

Kins

If you're kicking around the idea of spending a shitload of money and you like the idea of ripping a bong, maybe check out the vap-bong?

Probably not a good idea if you want the ability to return it, but fuck me if I don't want to try one every time I break into this thread:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-vapbong-from-art-of-vapor.29579/

They're hand made, and look gorgeous... Plus the dude who runs the company seems like someone I'm totally happy to support.

Also fwiw they're probably crazy backordered right now... People went buckwild on their store on 420 or so I hear.

Here's a direct link to their store if you wanna jump right in:
https://www.art-of-vapor.com/

Those look great. Being ceramic though I'm afraid it would break too easily. I thought this was funny on their site,

Art of vapor website said:
Easy cleaning with hot water, bottle brush and any sour cream remover.

Definitely looks like something I may like or look to purchase in the future.

Kins,
Top Bottom