No body high

conanOrien

Those look great. Being ceramic though I'm afraid it would break too easily. I thought this was funny on their site,

Definitely looks like something I may like or look to purchase in the future.

Hahaha that got me too... I wonder what that is supposed to translate to!

conanOrien,

Kins

At night when I usually smoke it's pretty hard to get to sleep now. I kept my wife up last night because it felt like I was having a nicotine fit. I haven't smoke cigs in over 20 years. Thinking that this is withdraw symptoms because I always smoked at night to help me sleep. Sleep and anxiety issues were the main reason I got my med card.

Wife was saying, "just have one or two puffs so you can sleep!". Still I abstained, it's only day 3 today. I don't know how much longer I can deal with this without breaking.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Thinking that this is withdraw symptoms because I always smoked at night to help me sleep. Sleep and anxiety issues were the main reason I got my med card.

Yup, not being able to fall asleep is a super common withdrawal symptom, often accompanied by night sweats. Was up all night myself, when I finally caved and checked the clock it was only 1 AM.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Those look great. Being ceramic though I'm afraid it would break too easily.

I can totally recommend the VapBong as well. Such a truck of a vaporizer and anyone who misses their combusting bong will love the VapBong. It's actually quite a bit more solid (at least it seems to me) than a typical glass rig.

EverythingsHazy

I've basically come to the conclusion that if you want to go to sleep earlier, you have to plan for it the day before, because trying to make yourself fall asleep often just stresses you about not being asleep, which keeps you awake. When I want to fall asleep, I just force myself to wake up earlier that day. If I have missed that window of opportunity, I just accept the fact that I may suffer the next day, by being a bit tired, and just suck it up. A cold/contrast shower it the morning, and a big mug of matcha tea helps.

You can use temperatures and lighting to your benefit, for sleep/wake cycles. It's obvious how a cold shower can wake you up, in the morning, but ironically, a cold shower at night, can help you sleep more easily, too. In nature, diurnal creatures (like us) sleep when the sun is down, which is the coolest part of the day. I set my AC to keep my room cold at night, and if I'll often take a cold shower, or even an occasional ice bath. Then, I set it to turn off about an hour and a half before I want to wake up, and I allow sun into my room. That way. in the morning, my room starts to brighten and warm up, which makes getting up feel much more natural.

At night when I usually smoke it's pretty hard to get to sleep now. I kept my wife up last night because it felt like I was having a nicotine fit. I haven't smoke cigs in over 20 years. Thinking that this is withdraw symptoms because I always smoked at night to help me sleep. Sleep and anxiety issues were the main reason I got my med card.

Wife was saying, "just have one or two puffs so you can sleep!". Still I abstained, it's only day 3 today. I don't know how much longer I can deal with this without breaking.
It should definitely get easier, but sleep was the most difficult thing for me, on my 6 months CannaBreak.

I recommend you check out the following threads:

1. [URL='http://www.fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-official-cannabreak-thread.24049/']Official CannaBreak Thread[/URL]

2. Wim Hof Method Thread

Also. take a look into simple 4-7-8 breathing, for sleep.
Yup, not being able to fall asleep is a super common withdrawal symptom, often accompanied by night sweats. Was up all night myself, when I finally caved and checked the clock it was only 1 AM.
It's interesting that you mention night sweats as a withdrawal symptom, because some people notice them being reduced or eliminated during long periods of abstinence.

Kins

Hey peeps. Last night I stopped my T break and smoked half a J. First time in a few weeks that I got great sleep!. I actually ordered a Crafty+ because I'm sick of waiting for the Volcano Hybrid to ship. My Crafty+ shipped today so I should have it soon...Gonna abstain till then. Looking forward to smooth tasty hits instead of smoking and coughing.

Kins,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I'm really surprised you didn't go for a vaporizer capable of reaching those higher temperatures often responsible for the "body high" you were seeking. Seems like you just really had your heart set on a S&B device.

Fair enough - Enjoy the new gear, hope it works well for you in giving combustion the boot!

Kins

I'm really surprised you didn't go for a vaporizer capable of reaching those higher temperatures often responsible for the "body high" you were seeking. Seems like you just really had your heart set on a S&B device.

Fair enough - Enjoy the new gear, hope it works well for you in giving combustion the boot!

I have the Volcano Hybrid on order. This is just to hold me over till it gets here since it's on back order. I'm sure I'll love it. Since I don't travel much at all I'll be sticking with the Volcano Hybrid at home and just use the Crafty+ when I do actually travel. Of course I'm gonna use it till the Volcano Hybrid gets here though.

Kins,

virtualpurple

I hope it works out for you and gets you the effects you desire. I don’t recall ever getting a solid body high from bags with my Herbalizer. Good head high, but I found the whip preferable. But I also never experienced with hyperventilation first as someone suggested earlier in the thread.

I too often seek a good body high and like @invertedisdead i would more likely lean into something with a lot of kick behind it.

Since he hasn’t released his dope looking vape into the wild yet I suspect I’ll reach for my Supreme V3. I will have to find out the ideal settings for it again, but it is quite a heavy hitter.

Keep us posted on how your crafty and volcano hybrid work for you. And if they don’t scratch that itch keep on the search!

Kins

Based on what most you guys are saying I just have to dial things in better and give vaping more of a chance. Plus I have not seen anyone that really hates the Volcano, or the Crafty or Crafty+. Also I've only ever tried vaping once with my Airizer Extreme Q. Probably didn't give it enough of a chance to get used to it. I'm gonna experiment as much as I can when I get them..The Crafty+ is coming on Friday, the Volcano Hybrid supposed will ship 3-4 weeks after I placed the order. I ordered the Volcano Hybrid on the 9th of May so by the 6th of June it should ship.

Also gonna make sure I get a nice strain that will give a great body high.

Based on what most you guys are saying I just have to dial things in better and give vaping more of a chance. Plus I have not seen anyone that really hates the Volcano, or the Crafty or Crafty+. Also I've only ever tried vaping once with my Airizer Extreme Q. Probably didn't give it enough of a chance to get used to it. I'm gonna experiment as much as I can when I get them..The Crafty+ is coming on Friday, the Volcano Hybrid supposed will ship 3-4 weeks after I placed the order. I ordered the Volcano Hybrid on the 9th of May so by the 6th of June it should ship.

Also gonna make sure I get a nice strain that will give a great body high.
you should be getting high as high hell with these vapes
how much of a body high you will get depends on the vape and the strain
some vapes bring out certain features out better than others
for example, my Tera gives a much more sedative effect than any other vape I have tried

vaping_is_my_hobby,

EverythingsHazy

how much of a body high you will get depends on the vape and the strain
some vapes bring out certain features out better than others
for example, my Tera gives a much more sedative effect than any other vape I have tried
I feel like this is a placebo effect, because there is no legitimate science behind the idea that different vapes, or even different glass (according to some people), cause different effects. It doesn't really make sense, if you think about it, unless you are getting effects from unsafe materials releasing vapor into the airway.

**Edit**
That's not to say that I think you're lying. I just think that the "psychedelic" aspects of Cannabis (set/setting is important for a good time), play a role here.

Last edited:
I feel like this is a placebo effect, because there is no legitimate science behind the idea that different vapes, or even different glass (according to some people), cause different effects. It doesn't really make sense, if you think about it, unless you are getting effects from unsafe materials releasing vapor into the airway.

**Edit**
That's not to say that I think you're lying. I just think that the "psychedelic" aspects of Cannabis (set/setting is important for a good time), play a role here.
I'm basing it off of my experience and the experience of others
Some vapes hit harder than others
Vapes can also produce a variant effect with the same strain depending on which ones you have
Hence my Tera producing a more sedative effect than my other vapes
Other vapers have noticed this as well
Why I would I be lying or my experience be a placebo when I along with others have been experiencing these type of things for years?
Some people might not notice a difference between strains and vapes but a lot of other people do

Last edited:
vaping_is_my_hobby,

Kins

I would think that a better designed or engineered vape will produce better effects. Things work better if they are designed better. Just like with any electronics. For instance I have a lot of experience with computer repair. I can build a cheaper pc and it absolutely won't be as fast and efficient as a more expensive build with more expensive parts. It'll be much slower. It won't be able to play any games because it will have built in graphics as opposed to discrete.

jardri

Vapor Dreams
It all relates to how our endocannabinoid system works.

I am not good explaining these technical things in a foreign language but basically your body defences are like a dam: If it is not completely full they block 99% of cannabinoids so you cant get high past some point.

But if a flood comes the dam has to open flood gates and everything goes down to the blood.

With combustion you flood the dam with smoke and byproducts so it is much easier to do but the peak high is much lower.

Thats why you need dense rich vapor if you want to get that body high.

jardri,

Kins

I learned from you guys that I just have to use a higher temp to get that body high. Thanks again for everyone's help. I'm getting my Crafty+ on Friday. I was thinking for my first try, doing 2-3 hits at varying temps. Stepping up from lower temp, to medium, to highest. Thinking that should help, also will try a strain that has extreme body high effects in the descriptions. Last time I tried vaping with the Extreme Q I guess I just gave up on vaping too quickly.

BlueHueCO

I think differences can be from vapes and technique. A vape set to a high temp will tend to have less expression of low temp compounds since some of them will degrade. But this can be avoided with temp stepping. Some vapes make this easier to experiment with by playing with draw technique. The Minivap, RBTs, and Flowerpots can give wildly different results at the same setting, depending on user technique. I pretty much vape the same strain from day to day, so I switch up vapes. My favorites tend to be ones where I can play effects by changing my draw. Rather than restrictive ones which will generally require more fiddling with temp.

BlueHueCO,

EverythingsHazy

It all relates to how our endocannabinoid system works.

I am not good explaining these technical things in a foreign language but basically your body defences are like a dam: If it is not completely full they block 99% of cannabinoids so you cant get high past some point.

But if a flood comes the dam has to open flood gates and everything goes down to the blood.

With combustion you flood the dam with smoke and byproducts so it is much easier to do but the peak high is much lower.

Thats why you need dense rich vapor if you want to get that body high.
If you are referring to the fact that some vapes give you the ability to intake large amounts of cannabinoids in a short period of time, vs taking them in over a longer session, then that makes sense.
When it comes to combustion, there is more to it than just being able to consume a lot quickly, though.

When you combust Cannabis, you create other chemicals, which provide different effects.

My point was that if you test five (5) vapes, at the same temperature, the vapor they produce should be identical, unless they are releasing some sort of chemical into the vapor, which you would definitely want to avoid.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
My point was that if you test five (5) vapes, at the same temperature, the vapor they produce should be identical

They actually did that. The results were not identical.

file

If you are referring to the fact that some vapes give you the ability to intake large amounts of cannabinoids in a short period of time, vs taking them in over a longer session, then that makes sense.
When it comes to combustion, there is more to it than just being able to consume a lot quickly, though.

When you combust Cannabis, you create other chemicals, which provide different effects.

My point was that if you test five (5) vapes, at the same temperature, the vapor they produce should be identical, unless they are releasing some sort of chemical into the vapor, which you would definitely want to avoid.

They actually did that. The results were not identical.

file

You can check out the full study below :wave:

In Vitro Validation of Vaporizers

And that ends this discussion
Like I said I highly doubt countless people who experience real differences in their high from their vapes are experiencing a placebo
If all vapes produced the exact same vapor at the highest temperature, would they not all have the same potency in terms of how hard they hit? :rofl:
We all obviously know that's not the case

Last edited:

Kins

Hey guys I just received my crafty+. Using it/learning now. I admit I do feel a body high!. Pretty cool. I'm vaping "Lime bars"- tasty like lime bars or lime jello. I'm happy with this purchase. Now I can't wait till I get the Volcano Hybrid in. I've been trying a few hits at 350 F and then raise to 390 and smoke through water.

I'm lovin it. Downloaded the storz & bickel app on my phone and connected. It got pretty hot in here before I put my ac. The crafty told me the battery was too hot after having it on for a long while, just messing with it, finding how it works best. It was too hot, around 89. Not it's down to 69, so I hope I can accommodate mr crafty+ battery and make it cool enough for him.

Last edited:

EverythingsHazy

And that ends this discussion
Like I said I highly doubt countless people who experience real differences in their high from their vapes are experiencing a placebo
If all vapes produced the exact same vapor at the highest temperature, would they not all have the same potency in terms of how hard they hit? :rofl:
We all obviously know that's not the case
No, it doesn't end the discussion, for a few reasons:

1. This is one test. Without repetition, it proves very little.

2. Each vape can cause different amounts of total canabinoids to be released in the same period of time, due to many factors, including varying temperature regulation machinery, air flow rate, and material density.

3. This study appears to have used the settings on the vapes which correspond to 210C, according to the manufacturers, but as anyone with a vape knows, you have to test the temperature yourself, to know what it actually is. Furthermore, those temperatures might be the temperatures of the heating element, or the temperatures of the air when it makes contact with the material. If the heating elements of two vaporizers are the same temperature, but one is further from the material.

4. Those bars aren't the various the different percentages of chemicals in single samples for each device. Each color represents a different test, for each vaporizer. They are measures of the "percentage of total cannabinoids found in the vapor".

5. This study shows more how much a device can extract in a given time, rather than total. It may take an Arizer Solo less time to extract a 50 mg load, but if you run both a Solo and a Volcano until the entire sample is vaporized, the results should look much more similar.

Top Bottom