NewVape Rosin Press Products

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
I'd like to introduce NewVape's latest Universal Rosin Press Plate System with a closed loop controller.
These plates fit any hydraulic shop press with a mounting arbor measuring 1" - 2". We consider these plates to be 2nd generation as they are built using aluminum for the heat transfer and stainless steel top plates for hygiene and durability. These plates also feature 2 insulator plates which helps reduce heat from traversing through out the press frame. The plate size is 3" x 5". There's also a hold down clamp included. These plates are rated up to 30 ton.

https://www.newvape.com/3x5-bi-metal-rosin-plates

3x5-rosin-plates-bi-metal.jpg

graydeh1

REP for TRVP ATTY, Shellshock/Tectonic and more.
Company Rep
Hi @NewVape710 Im looking at the press below for personal use, is this all I need to start pressing?

5x10 Low-Temp Rosin Press Cage Bundle (3126-3138)

graydeh1,

Baron23

@NewVape710 -

Hello Edwyn - I'm still working with my very lightly used pre-owned Micro20 rosin press....I think I'm getting the tech down pretty good and now yield is more a matter of starting material than anything else.

Question, I note on your site that the newest versions of the Micro20 press uses cartridge heaters with a separate TC (that is, not in the coil). I believe my older one has coil heater (and they go in the back and not the side as shown with the newest pics on the site)

Is there any reason for me to be interested in a retro-fit? I would suppose that I would need new plate assemblies (or most of it, anyway) and new controllers to accept the separate TC input.

Any really good reason to consider doing this update?

Right now I view TC temp displays on the controller as I do with almost all vapes...that is, I use it as a relative setting and adjust based on actual temps determined with sticking a thermometer between the plates.

Also, do you make any setting changes from default on the Micro20 controllers prior to shipping? I ask because one of the four controllers (their are two dual controllers ...so, just one of four) shows the coil heating up at a MUCH faster rate than the other three and it occurs to me that Bud may have fat fingered a PID setting on this one controller.

If so, would doing a reset to factory default resolve this (I don't see in the controller manual a "return to factory default function, but there are listed the factory defaults....does it ship with those settings?)

This press is the proverbial "built like a brick outhouse" (well, not the word most often used but I'm trying to be G rated lately LOL). Its such a solid and well built device. Its really not comparable to any of the shop press type DIY presses. I note there are not guide rods or cage for the plates and its clear why not....this press will NOT flex. They simply aren't needed with this level of build.

Anyway, if it would be better for me to take this up with Chris via CS communication, please let me know.

But I did want to re-energize this thread and bit as I think you are making some great press products but they are not being talked about that much lately on the board.

Cheers

Baron23,

Baron23

Anyway, if it would be better for me to take this up with Chris via CS communication, please let me know.

Actually, what a stupid statement from me...of course I should take this up via your CS! haha Sorry, I'm an idiot from time to time. haha

Baron23,

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
@Baron23 I'll be glad to answer your questions here. Thank you for your business and your support here on FC.

I would not recomend changing the controller. The remote thermocoupler is nice but not worth the upgrade in my opinion. I still double check with my thermometer prior to squishing even with the thermocoupler. People seemed to be more comfortable with cartridge heaters, so we started using them in our designs. That doesn't necessarily mean there better. The current Bi metal plates are equal in performance but much cheaper to produce than the ones you have. What happens when you let the press heat up for 30min. Does the temp stabilize at 200F? The newer bi metal plates do heat up faster which is the only benifit I can come up with. I would like for you to look and see if your press has the insulator ring between the cylinder and middle stainless plate. The coil that is heating up faster is most likely just making better contact. There is a password required for modifying the parameters of the control. The factory setting are located here. If anything was changed at the factory it may have been the PSB (temp offset).

micro_20_3.jpg

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed,
Reactions: Hogni

Baron23

@NewVape710 - Wow, great answers! Thanks!

On the phone so will write back later but yes I have the insulator on the cylinder and yes, they all stabilize out together on temp very nicely. So, I will quit worrying about nothing! Haha

Cheers

Oh, so please ignore my CS email! Haha

Last edited by a moderator:
Baron23,

Baron23

Edit function has expired....so, double post...sorry.

@NewVape710 - thank you for the inclusive and detailed reply. Yes, all stablizes very nicely and at less than 30 minutes. Its just the one coil seeming to heat up faster but so what...they all level off just fine at set point temp.

And I do also use an external thermometer. I have the one that came with the press and a smaller one (also a BBQ meat type thermo) and they both correlate...that is, they both report the same temp on the plates as does a Maverick thermo that I actual do use when smoking/BBQ.

My one thought about all of these meat thermos is that they all seem to taper to a more narrow end where the TC is located. I suppose if left in there long enough (and I do) that the entire stem heat sinks and so they should be accurate. But I also have a K-type probe/thermo with a small cylinder type TC that I'm going to try also. If they all match up, then I will just use the smallest and easiest (little folding thermo from Amazon).

Glad to know about the password on default settings as its real easy to hit that set button and most of us (well, me for certain) really don't know enough about PID to be fiddling with the guts of it. That also reassures me that the prior owner didn't inadvertently fat finger a setting.

For the board, these are pics of my Micro20...also known as Beast Mode of the Rosin Presses! haha

Attachment_2.jpg

Press_installed.jpg

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Press cage bought! Arrived today and its an amazing bit of kit. Very weighty, and solid and incredibly made.

Due to a miscommunication tho, I dont have a controller right now to try it with :D Entirely my fault, I might add.

I stood on the press cage, damn thing didnt even budge a little bit! :D

My press wasnt the best model I could have bought and I can already see how the caged plates will be making up for the few remaining shortfalls in the press's quality.

Amazing purchase, very pleased.

Tommy10

@Baron23

First I need to read this thread through haha.

I’ve got a vrod and one controller, this set up looks perfect.

Tommy10,

Baron23

There is a new sheriff in town!

M3zXeod.jpg

It is an amazing piece of equipment. This press is built like a tank. It should last my lifetime that’s for sure. I now need to master the skill of squishing
NV press products are indeed built like a T-72 tank and are of the highest precision machining.

I have a Micro20 and the only challenge I have is that its really better suited to doing quarters and halves than eighths due to large area hydro cylinder.

What I mean is that my cylinder is 4.37 square inches. So, to press an eighth that has about 3 square inches of area to about 1,500 psi on the load, I have to keep the pressure on the gauge down to 1k..

Now, say I'm pressing a 1/2 in a 4x4" square bag. That's 16 sq inches and where my press would shine, I believe. With 12 sq in, to get 1,500 on the load I would have to put about 6k on the gauge which seems to be more in the heart of this units envelope.

I just need cheaper weed, is all!! hahaha

Do you know how many sq in is your jack cylinder?

Baron23,

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Here is a prototype Rosin Bench for customers to expand on.

This build includes a BVA 20 cylinder and a 110V hydraulic pump.

I saw this earlier today! Its amazing! :D

Needs to be hooked up to a big red activation button next to the plates :)

EmDeemo,
Top Bottom