I did try some brief tests with a wire bead K-Type probe. Only place to insert tiny bead, is through the WeedEater top air holes. I got some temperatures, but noticed the probe wire was “melting” through. The bead tips are high temperature rated, but not the cheap wire. Took a bit of work to get off the little bit of melted insulation off the Ti WeedEater top.@RustyOldNail Did you manage the 'probe in the airpath' and then doing an empty bowl the way you would normally hit it, at the temp you think you want? See what the actual airflow (very approximately) is? That also helped me find the right range, referring back to those charts that go around. Again, its all very approximate but its still more accurate than not doing it
Like @gratefulabe says, it can be that one thing that opens things up with your particular combo of settings etc.
So before I noticed the cable melt, I recorded the air inside the WeedEater at 580f, with the Auber300 set to 600f (no PID offset). Unfortunately, I did not THINK, to draw AIR through the glass rig.
For fun, I used a handheld “bridge sensor tip”, on the top surface of the WeedEater, and saw 575f.
My flower glass rig is a 15” dual water filtration 18mm., cheap Chinese glass. Draw seems fine. I’ll try breathing faster, reason I started slow, was trying to duplicate the 4-5 draws I saw a reviewer do with a .1-.2 bowl.