Cannabis Hardware (formerly NewVape) FlowerPot Twax Vaporizer

snamuh

ghost
Sorry in advance on my phone... And my scattered thoughts, lol.

Damn that's a tough one. Because that's a feature cc adds as a benefit right? So its like a bank needs to be on both sides, yours and the customers... and you need to be protected from the customer... So its the scenerio flipped.

You have a point about the pricing. I bet $300-500 is a safe zone for the "customer".

I mean... There has to be a way since there are other companies are around...

Like someone else said... There are lower key sites that do mail orders... (Mushroom spore industry comes to mind)
But that seems kind of extreme... To me for your industry.

You tried toning down the site a bit... Do you think your sites SEO is attracting the fraud "customers" as a legit criminal thing? Does the bank give you the reason for their chargeback?

Did some googling. Im seeing a lot about collecting as much data from customers as possible and basically just trying to spot it and have the data to dispute it with the bank?

"
  1. Make validating phone call and record it. For example, if a merchant’s average transaction amount is $275, and a customer places an order for $6,300, that should warrant extra investigation by the fraud analyst, and likely a phone call or email outreach to the customer. When a merchant makes a validating phone call, they can record their conversations with tools such as Talkdesk to use as evidence later for the banks should a chargeback be filed.
  2. Always gather and save delivery documentation. Merchants can request that a package must be signed to be delivered, proving that it is now in the hands of the purchaser or listed recipient of the order. The merchant can request that UPS or Fedex request delivery on all their orders to prevent claims that the package was stolen off the porch or never delivered. The merchant can use the signature as evidence to the banks that the customer has possession of the merchandise.
  3. Make a commitment to providing excellent customer service. By building a relationship with your customer, they are far less likely to commit friendly fraud against you. If there is any issue at all with the product or the service and they know that you are willing to help them, the customer is more likely to ask for help first before filing a chargeback.
By documenting shipping, recording phone calls, keeping track of all email conversations and above all, providing excellent customer service to customers, merchants can significantly reduce the number of chargebacks that they receive."

Last edited:

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
@NewVape710

You could also consider cryptocurrencies as an option for all orders or just for the orders over a certain monetary amount. That way, customers could still use their credit cards to order. :clap:

Customers would buy the amount of a bitcoin (or other crypto's) for the purchase and then pay for the order with the Crypto. I'm pretty sure customers would not be able to charge back the purchase of Bitcoin's. :tup:

The only problem with Crypto's is there volatility. If you're in to speculation, you could hold on to them hoping for an increase in value. If you're conservative or wise, you'd probably want to cash them into your bank on a daily basis to stave off the possibility of a downturn in value. :nod:

Many people are still not familiar with cryptocurrencies or how to purchase and spend them. Find a site that offers great instructions on how to grab and use them and post the link on your site to help your customers facilitate their purchases.

thevapist

Do you require signature on delivery on all orders over a certain price? Do you require the billing/shipping addresses to match? You should look into how other companies in this space do it. The fact you sell cannabis related stuff doesn't mean you need to be an easy target for fraud. Lots of sites sell expensive cannabis equipment or other things that might be frowned upon by some.

https://www.advancedvapesupply.com uses Shopify, and other cannabis related sites I have seen do as well. There are many checkout/cart platforms you could look into, instead of rolling it yourself and dealing directly with payment processors. Yes, these options will cost you something, but often times you want to outsource something like that to a 3rd party as it's not really your domain. Let them handle it, and then you can focus on designing cool stuff for us to buy.

Hope you can figure something out soon.

EDIT: First time looking at the new site, but I see it's already using Shopify. If payment processing is handled by other parties, maybe look into what processors other popular sites are using.

ctv47

Glad I snuck my order in when I did. That bites that you're dealing with thieves. Something about the cannabis space seems to attract them.

I'd be all for using a MO or cryptocurrency. Especially if there are discounts associated with doing so. Either one is fairly easy to work with.

AcidFlashbang

Hello Customers, The rev-1 cannabis hardware store has completely backfired on me. I've marked all the products out of stock to prevent any more sales but left the site active so google can continue to crawl and develop seo authority. Once again I've been outsmarted by the thieves. I was completely misled by suppliers paybotic and green.money that once the money had cleared their bank, funds transferred to our bank the chances of payment reversal was rare, difficult, and very unlikely. My hope was this ACH / e-check payment process would be our saving grace allowing us to focus on product innovation instead of fraud. Well that plan / desire has been completely squashed. After implementing the new site, our payment reversals increased 30%. We are now forced to hold the remainder of the open orders for an additional week prior to shipment to try and sort the good orders out. I can't imagine other cannabis hardware manufacturers not experiencing the same frustrations and fighting the same exact battles. I've never had an e-store outside of the cannabis space so I don't have any idea if this payment reversal problem is limited to the lack of banking support in the cannabis space, or ecommerce in general. Do I raise the price to amortize the theft? Go back to b2b sales? If so, we will likely be knocked off by China and sold on alibaba (ie: pax pusher). I'm still under the belief that by keeping our b2c prices low & factory direct, deters China from taking an interest in our products. Once msrp prices are increased to cover distributor and retail margins China takes note, knocks our designs off, then sells directly to our customers at our original price. It's how China operates by cutting out the middleman and selling our innovation factory direct. I'm open to all suggestions here. Following are a list of services that we have tried and been kicked off due to being cannabis related: ebay, amazon, esty, square, quickbooks, paypal, google shopping, apple pay. I'm interested in hearing your ideas here? I can't help but feel these problems plaguing our beloved industry will ultimately lead to fewer products being added to the cannabis innovation pipeline. Back when we were selling $15 pax pushers a charge back now and again was not that big of a deal. Times have sure changed and we sell much more expensive products now. I apologize in advance for the long and sad update. Please don't worry about NewVape's future. This message is not intended to be any indication that NewVape is going to stop developing new products. I'm just trying to navigate the uncharted waters of this market space. Thank you to the real customers out there for your continued support. ~Edwyn
Theres openbazaar which is decentralized and uses cryptocurrency but that presents its own issues. It does prevent fraudulent chargebacks however.

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
My Vrod bundle arrived today and I am thoroughly impressed and properly high. I havent even dabbed yet but a flower hit of garlic cookies damn sure felt like it. This thing significantly outclasses every vaporizer I've owned in performance and build quality. My only regret is not discovering it sooner.

It's a damn shame about the thieves and I hope theres a quick resolution because the guys at New Vape are solid and so are their products.

Last edited:

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
@NewVape710

Long speech, sorry.
Phone posting gets hard.

Money Order is the way to go imho.
I use them a lot, monthly, since 2002.
Never had a problem, ever.
Rent, utilities, family & friends far far away.
It’s simple, easy, fast, available/carried by several companies, Money Gram, Western Union etc etc
Money Gram can be found in any Walmart, and Walmart is a corporation that’s everywhere, and it’s expanding all over the world. COSTCOs too.
Western Union it’s at every grocery store in the US too, as well as mostly every pharmaceutical stores chain, Walgreens, CVS, Rite-Aid, etc etc.

1st edit:
If people are so lazy, and complain about money orders being complicated, or driving to get them etc etc, I believe there’s the modern days online Money Order too.
But if they’re that lazy, they’ll be missing one of the best, if not “the best”, convection desktops lineup available to date, in the whole planet earth.
It can be another annoying extra steps for you as well, cashing them, matching/tracking orders with names etc etc, and forget about those fast last minute adds on to an order, that extra item you forgot to order, people would need to be really sure of what to order, to avoid late shipments and miscommunications.
It’ll get better with time.

2nd edit:
Scammers sucks.
And avoid bankers, or “those money/biz consultants”, people too smart with others peoples money, are just that, smart with YOUR MONEY.
I’m sure those “economists or money/bank consultants” don’t juggle their money, as they do with yours.
At the end, banks, bankers, money/business consultants, are always for their own profit too, it’s a matter of finding the one, that steals from you the less, in the long run.

3rd edit:
They do really steal your hard sweat earned money, “in a very legal way”, no matter what.
Aren’t they called “white collar thieves”???
I’m wondering how many of those money/biz consultants/“economists” are scammers on their own, they know all the loopholes, they understand/help and create/rig the credit card/debit payment systems, they know lawyers, they love/live from banks/payment systems loopholes, stock market etc etc. They know how to rig the system, they know offshore banking, they know that cannabis associated businesses are “an easy target because of cannabis”, they know it all about scamming, and how to come clean even if they dived into a cesspool, it’s their job.

Aren’t all those Wall Street/money biz consultants white collar vultures, being released from their actions, after all their stock markets assholery, stealing billions, from peoples retirement plans and pensions???
They can engulf you in their claws, while you see their fangs and horns growing, with red amber coals for eyes
Technically speaking, well dressed vultures, with a fancy spieling.
I miss the old school countryside way, I trade you my 2 cows for your 2 horses and a pig
It’s real life.
Stay vaped!!!
Mantente de la mente!!!

snamuh

ghost
@NewVape710

Long speech, sorry.
Phone posting gets hard.

Money Order is the way to go imho.
I use them a lot, monthly, since 2002.
Never had a problem, ever.
Rent, utilities, family & friends far far away.
It’s simple, easy, fast, available/carried by several companies, Money Gram, Western Union etc etc
Money Gram can be found in any Walmart, and Walmart is a corporation that’s everywhere, and it’s expanding all over the world. COSTCOs too.
Western Union it’s at every grocery store in the US too, as well as mostly every pharmaceutical stores chain, Walgreens, CVS, Rite-Aid, etc etc.

1st edit:
If people are so lazy, and complain about money orders being complicated, or driving to get them etc etc, I believe there’s the modern days online Money Order too.
But if they’re that lazy, they’ll be missing one of the best, if not “the best”, convection desktops lineup available to date, in the whole planet earth.
It can be another annoying extra steps for you as well, cashing them, matching/tracking orders with names etc etc, and forget about those fast last minute adds on to an order, that extra item you forgot to order, people would need to be really sure of what to order, to avoid late shipments and miscommunications.
It’ll get better with time.

2nd edit:
Scammers sucks.
And avoid bankers, or “those money/biz consultants”, people too smart with others peoples money, are just that, smart with YOUR MONEY.
I’m sure those “economists or money/bank consultants” don’t juggle their money, as they do with yours.
At the end, banks, bankers, money/business consultants, are always for their own profit too, it’s a matter of finding the one, that steals from you the less, in the long run.

3rd edit:
They do really steal your hard sweat earned money, “in a very legal way”, no matter what.
Aren’t they called “white collar thieves”???
I’m wondering how many of those money/biz consultants/“economists” are scammers on their own, they know all the loopholes, they understand/help and create/rig the credit card/debit payment systems, they know lawyers, they love/live from banks/payment systems loopholes, stock market etc etc. They know how to rig the system, they know offshore banking, they know that cannabis associated businesses are “an easy target because of cannabis”, they know it all about scamming, and how to come clean even if they dived into a cesspool, it’s their job.

Aren’t all those Wall Street/money biz consultants white collar vultures, being released from their actions, after all their stock markets assholery, stealing billions, from peoples retirement plans and pensions???
They can engulf you in their claws, while you see their fangs and horns growing, with red amber coals for eyes
Technically speaking, well dressed vultures, with a fancy spieling.
I miss the old school countryside way, I trade you my 2 cows for your 2 horses and a pig
It’s real life.
Stay vaped!!!
Mantente de la mente!!!

Yeah... You need to be perceptive of who your working with. There's a lot of bullshit. Marketing is like that too.

There's a lot of useless people making money living good but they really aren't helping anyone at all.

tb42091

My 2 hole vrod cap came on wednesday. After extensive testing I think there has been a noticeable performance change for the better in most ways. More dab vapor, much easier to get the pearls spinning at a lower draw speed. This in turn causes less splashing around in the dish. I even think it does a slightly better job with the flower in the bowl. Only downside is it's a little harder to drop bowl pressure, but I still have my 1 hole for that. I'll continue testing. :science:

I also forgot how nice and shiny the brand new pieces are, my 1 hole cap is like a deep gold.

@NewVape710
Bummer to hear about the issues continuing with chargebacks. Some people are shitty. If the association with marijuana is an issue with stopping chargebacks maybe you could change your marketing so you say it is to be used for hemp products? Not even sure if that helps. Is there really no legal action to be taken?

Hopefully you can figure something out that protects you guys and is still relatively convenient for the customers. Unfortunately people are lazy.

thevapist

You should see if you can find out what brands like Pure Pressure are doing. I know they're a competitor in the rosin market but they sell very high end presses through their online store, sometimes approaching $10,000 orders.

This is exactly it. Money orders are not the answer. Selling cannabis related stuff online is not a new thing. NV seems to be trying to figure this out for themselves, for some reason. NO ONE wants to use money orders. Older folks on here saying it's no big deal are an extremely small minority.

I really enjoy NV, but I think this comes down to people playing too many roles at the company. I understand it's cheaper to have people wear many hats, but then you have issues like this. Hire some 3rd party firm/consultant that can teach you how to accept payments safely for a cannabis related business.

Some people will go somewhere else when they see it is money order only. That's a fact. There is also 0 buyer protection in that case, which should always be there and provided by a third party. It's a lot different when you are sending a $500+ MO with no real guarantee.

At the end of the day, NV says they can't accept the risk. Well, there aren't many companies these days that put the burden of risk on their customers. I really hope you can work something out that protects both parties.

ctv47

Got my v-rod in the mail today! Much to my dismay however my genius self ordered a 14mm joint for the d-cup instead of the shovelhead :doh: :disgust:. Gonna have to order the right one and figure out what the heck I'm gonna do with this little piece.

The dangers of vaping BEFORE ordering...

That being said however, this thing looks and feels awesome. The SiC dish is way bigger than I was expecting. Cant wait to try it out:sherlock:

ETA: Found a universal Ti joint that made a perfect seal with the V-rod head. Slipped one of the screens into it and bob's you're auntie. Set the RDK to 600*F, two bowls of flower alone has me flying. I'm normally a daily dabber, but this got me medicated. It was so smooth, I didn't think it was working until I blew out the cloud. Normally flower has me coughing up a lung and reaching for an inhaler. Not anymore.

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Got my v-rod in the mail today! Much to my dismay however my genius self ordered a 14mm joint for the d-cup instead of the shovelhead :doh: :disgust:. Gonna have to order the right one and figure out what the heck I'm gonna do with this little piece.

The dangers of vaping BEFORE ordering...

That being said however, this thing looks and feels awesome. The SiC dish is way bigger than I was expecting. Cant wait to try it out:sherlock:

ETA: Found a universal Ti joint that made a perfect seal with the V-rod head. Slipped one of the screens into it and bob's you're auntie. Set the RDK to 600*F, two bowls of flower alone has me flying. I'm normally a daily dabber, but this got me medicated. It was so smooth, I didn't think it was working until I blew out the cloud. Normally flower has me coughing up a lung and reaching for an inhaler. Not anymore.

Any excuse to post this :) -

Summer

Long Island, NY
What's an EQ mod?

That rig is perfection for this vape. The vapor is so dense, &, visually, it appears that you have little to no draw restriction, agreed?

The rig design allows the vapor to rise so smoothly up the glass ... It actually glides. Beautiful glass design. What is this rig style called?

Just dropping this here... EQ bowl at 365C

Last edited:
Summer,
Reactions: EmDeemo

lazylathe

Almost there...
What's an EQ mod?

That rig is perfection for this vape. The vapor is so dense, &, visually, it appears that you have little to no draw restriction, agreed?

The rig design allows the vapor to rise so smoothly up the glass ... It actually glides. Beautiful glass design. What is this rig style called?

I have placed an EQ bowl into the Pan/Shovel head bowl instead of the double weave To screen.
Since the design of the SH has the holes directly over the hole where the air flows, it makes sense to use this column of air in a direct route, instead of spread out over the screen.

This is the reason I showed the inside of the bowl.

The RooR Vapor tube is absolutely amazing for any vape! Even my Grasshopper can fully milk this tube with ease.

It has zero draw restriction and watching the vapor rise is so satisfying! It almost swirls around the glass.

A similar rig is made by Herborizer but is not even close to it's function.
I have owned this rig for about 5 years now and it stopped me from wanting any other glass.

@Dubmonkey Has the same glass and can confirm this!

Elusive01

Seems like all the bundles are sold out on newvapes site? Is this due to the corona virus? When will they restock?

The vrod bundle with the auber rdk has been sold out for at least 2 weeks now!

Elusive01,

Austin420

The Original Vapester
NewVape PID and coils use a different barrel connector than most enail manufacturers, read non-standard or custom. That said they do provide 20mm coils that will connect to the Auber controllers.

For the WeedEater and FlowerPot I believe any 20mm coil with enough wraps regardless of wrap direction will work. The VRod is a different story and needs a NewVape or NewVape supplied Auber coil to fit properly.
NewVape also has a reverse Vrod head for 20mm 5 wrap counter clockwise coils. NewVape coils are going in clockwise and requires using NewVapes 20mm coil.

Austin420,
Reactions: YaMon

Chris_CH

Company Rep
Company Rep
Well, this is true. We are feeling the delays caused by the virus so at the moment we are sitting waiting for supplies to arrive. Hence, we do not have complete bundles. I only have a few Auber/flat coil set ups for US but I have flat coils AND 20mm for 220v

If you have an enail, we have all the metal. But until we can replenish we are kind of stuck.

Good news is that Lori has been closely tracking as her latest update shows everything should be in by monday. Keep fingers crossed!

Seems like all the bundles are sold out on newvapes site? Is this due to the corona virus? When will they restock?

The vrod bundle with the auber rdk has been sold out for at least 2 weeks now!

Top Bottom