New York Cannabis News

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
That's for sure. That same site details his flip flops on cannabis over the years. He said whatever he needed to say to kick the can down the road as long as possible, without sounding like an ardent prohibitionist. At the end of the day, Cuomo's been the main impediment to legalization for at least 3 years now. I'm glad it's done now, but this fucker deserves little credit.

Well, he killed half the grannies in NY and covered it up to help out one of his rich friends. I guarantee that's the same reason he's stonewalled legalization for years: it would've hurt the pocketbooks of his buddies. Not this "gateway drug" bullshit.

Also, I don't get people who hated Trump but love Cuomo. They're literally the same person. Talking like New York street toughs despite having their soft asses coddled by their rich daddies since birth.

Nailed it

BrianTL,
Reactions: florduh

florduh

From a Rupert Murdoch NY paper:

Get ready for an NYC reeking of weed and crawling with unstable potheads

It’s reefer madness all across Gotham, following the state Legislature’s legalization of marijuana.

At the very end of an absolutely brain dead article, you're greeted by this amazing blurb about the author:

Seth Barron is managing editor of The American Mind.

Another favorite...

Advocates laugh at the idea that marijuana is a “gateway drug.” But find one serious drug addict who didn’t start out on pot. I’ll wait.

Let's see Seth, off the top of my head.... Rush Limbaugh. That took my pot-damaged American Mind less than half a second. Rush did so much heroin he made himself deaf. That qualifies him as a "serious drug addict". I'll set aside the fact Seth doesn't seem to understand why people laugh at the gateway drug theory just to marvel at him somehow completely forgetting about the fucking opioid epidemic.

Seth... I'm not mad that you're a nerd who hates weed. It's kind of funny. I am mad that a man with a room temp IQ gets paid 6 figures to write absolute dogshit articles in a publication maaaaybe 20-25 people read called "The American Mind".

Last edited:

vinnyzan

At the very end of an absolutely brain dead article, you're greeted by this amazing blurb about the author:

Another favorite...

Let's see Seth, off the top of my head.... Rush Limbaugh. That took my pot-damaged American Mind less than half a second. Rush did so much heroin he made himself deaf. That qualifies him as a "serious drug addict". I'll set aside the fact Seth doesn't seem to understand why people laugh at the gateway drug theory just to marvel at him somehow completely forgetting about the fucking opioid epidemic.

Seth... I'm not mad that you're a nerd who hates weed. It's kind of funny. I am mad that a man with a room temp IQ gets paid 6 figures to write absolute dogshit articles in a publication maaaaybe 20-25 people read called "The American Mind".

From a Rupert Murdoch NY paper:

Get ready for an NYC reeking of weed and crawling with unstable potheads

It’s reefer madness all across Gotham, following the state Legislature’s legalization of marijuana.
Article is trash, Not really much more to say. I have a love hate relationship with the NY Post. I have a feeling the author is very uninformed or likely dosen't beleive half of the dribble he wrote.

vinnyzan,
Reactions: florduh

florduh

Article is trash, Not really much more to say. I have a love hate relationship with the NY Post. I have a feeling the author is very uninformed or likely dosen't beleive half of the dribble he wrote.

I hope the article was just Seth trolling and trying to trigger. If he honestly believes this nonsense, he shouldn't be allowed to live on his own. That's how stupid it is. Maybe part of the problem is, there's just not a good way to advocate for prohibition without lying and humiliating yourself. But Seth really leaned into the dumbfuckery on this one. You hate to see it.

florduh,
Reactions: vinnyzan

1nd3cEnt

New York Lawmakers Approve Governor’s Key Marijuana Regulatory Appointees To ‘Jumpstart’ Legalization
The new governor of New York wants to “jumpstart” the implementation of marijuana legalization—and so Kathleen Courtney Hochul took a major step on Wednesday by making two key regulatory appointments, confirmed by the Senate during special session, to oversee the state’s cannabis market: "One of my top priorities is to finally get New York’s cannabis industry up and running—this has been long overdue, but we’re going to make up for lost time.”

Sen. Liz Krueger (D), chair of the Finance Committee and lead sponsor of the Marijuana Regulation and Taxation Act (MRTA) that created the state’s legal cannabis law, said she is “extremely pleased” with the two appointments: "The process of implementing MRTA has been delayed too long, but finally we are seeing some light at the end of the tunnel.”

As it stands to date, adults 21 and older can possess up to three ounces of cannabis or 24 grams of concentrates in New York—and they can also smoke marijuana in public anywhere tobacco can be smoked—but there are not any shops open for business yet, other than medical.

Last edited:

1nd3cEnt

As legalized marijuana moves in NY, Savino cautions overtaxing will drive buyers back to underground dealers
NY Governor Kathy Hochul has said one of her “top priorities” was to get the state’s cannabis industry up and running. Under Hochul, four appointments have been made to New York’s newly formed Cannabis Control Board and Office of Cannabis Management.

Sen. Diane Savino (D-North), a long-time proponent of medical and recreational marijuana, said Hochul is “definitely committed” and is pleased that appointments are happening, moving the state one step closer to having a put-together program: “We have to figure out how do we make people do something they haven’t done before, which is walking into a store and buy it.”

Savino believes all appointees should visit other states and speak with industry people, advocates, and small business owners and entrepreneurs to analyze what went right and wrong: “One of the reasons why I suggest they go and meet with other states is because many of the other states ignored that problem and they have wound up in a scenario where the illegal marketplace is thriving. That’s not helpful. You can’t overtax and over-regulate so much that people won’t walk into a dispensary when they [can] call their guy and they bring it to the front door.”

“I’ve spent so much time working on this issue and I’ve seen so many states put forward these plans to create programs that are supposed to achieve social equity and combat the illegal marketplace and none of [the other states] have met those benchmarks.”

Last edited:

1nd3cEnt

Marijuana is now legal in New York, but that doesn’t mean you can smoke it everywhere. Generally, anywhere you’re not allowed to smoke a cigarette, you’re also not allowed to smoke a joint:
  • Workplaces
  • Bars
  • Restaurants
  • Enclosed indoor areas open to the public that contain a swimming pool
  • Public means of mass transportation like subways, underground subway stations, buses, vans, taxicabs and limousines
  • Ticketing, boarding and waiting areas in public transportation stations
  • All workplaces where services are offered to children including youth centers, detention facilities, child care facilities, child day care centers, group homes for children, public institutions for children and residential treatment facilities for children and youth
  • All schools and school grounds
  • All public and private colleges, universities and other educational and vocational institutions
  • Hospitals
  • Residential health-care facilities, although smoking and vaping by adult patients is allowed in designated rooms, according to the act
  • Commercial establishments used for any trade, profession, vocation or charitable activity
  • All indoor arenas
  • Zoos
  • Bingo halls

1nd3cEnt,

1nd3cEnt

New Yorkers don’t ... follow rules!

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Marijuana is now legal in New York, but that doesn’t mean you can smoke it everywhere. Generally, anywhere you’re not allowed to smoke a cigarette, you’re also not allowed to smoke a joint:
  • All indoor arenas
New Yorkers don’t read or follow rules! :)

Probably would have been an easier article if they just said, anywhere you're allowed to smoke a cig, you're allowed to smoke a joint. If you can’t smoke a cigarette there, you can’t light up a joint. Despite the article taking a “all these places you can’t smoke weed” approach, we have one of, if not the least amount of restrictions as to where you can smoke weed. As far as I’m aware anyways, I don’t make a true habit of studying other states consumption laws

A bunch of people were passing around joints in MSG this Saturday, nothing new there tho lol

Razhumikin

New Yorkers like to brag.

So I'm here bragging about how I was in the wedding party of one of those people. 💯

🙏🕉️:leaf:

:wave:
Look forward to having a good spot to chill at in the neighborhood. You should sell greek food there to make it really homey feeling.

Razhumikin,

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
Look forward to having a good spot to chill at in the neighborhood. You should sell greek food there to make it really homey feeling.
Come full, leave hungry.

Probably just coffee/beverages/packaged snacks.

Honestly don't want to share many of my ideas here. :D

🚲

VapeEscapist,

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
Have any of you been to any pot supper clubs in NYC?

I get invites occasionally, but they never seem to align for when I'm in town...
I've heard of them for years as well as restaurants with secret menus.

I personally have not gone to any myself though.

VapeEscapist,
Reactions: Jill NYC

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Can't say I've been to a pot supper club myself either. Actually I've never even heard of one.

Lots of secrecy in the restaurant world but I'm not aware of much - at least, as it pertains to weed.

Theres a bunch of "weed trucks" around, but I really don't think they're legit whatsoever. Just seems like a super gimmicky way to grab some cash from unsuspecting & hopeful stoners. Probably all D8 product

BrianTL,

1nd3cEnt

yeah, i watched the inaugural meeting yesterday, it's already on youtube, the only relevant section was Chairperson Wright's opening remarks:

the transfer of NYS cannabis business from DOH to OCM, now at /cannabis.ny.gov/,
anyone who can prescribe a controlled substance can now prescribe cannabis,
maximum amount of cannabis expanded to a 60 day supply, previously 30 day,
cannabis providers can now sell whole flower, not just the "ground flower" rubbish the dispensaries push,
the $50 registration fee for patients and caregivers is permanently waived,
also, nothing about adult use cannabis.

but this is a good deal - i've been paying $150 first time, $125 updates for the NYS med cannabis card, so now my gp will prescribe the card! Anyway, it's much better to go out of state for product, picked up a $75 zip of shake & trim at one dispensary.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Top Bottom