Nectar Hex

seedy53

i demo video review from tabletop bong's yt channel, was my inspiration to try it.

seedy53,
i demo video review from tabletop bong's yt channel, was my inspiration to try it.
Yeah, that was a big plus for me too. Interesting that he hasn't brought it up in any of his videos since though. There was a midrange vape video with a lot of the competitors but no Hex.

I'd love to see a video from Vapefiend.

He did a recent video talking about which vapes he would choose if he could only keep three and the portable he chose was the AVLP, but only with the brick builder (makes pucks that fit perfectly in the AVLP).

Finally got my Hex delivered yesterday. It took about 7 working days to ship and 10 days total from the initial order.

First chamber I packed was too loose and about 3/4 full, which I didn't get much vapor from and the mouthpiece got quite hot indeed. It was also immediately after the burn in session they ask you to do, with an empty chamber and the mouthpiece on for 3 minutes.

So, I was initially pretty disappointed. Even the mouthpiece base was super hot and difficult to take off to get to the chamber.

Next, I tried really packing it in there, not crazy tight but just tamped down and also fully loaded. Wow, what a difference. I think because of the fully loaded chamber, the heat didn't reach the mouthpiece as much this time and the vapor production and quality is excellent.

Also, the first chamber was so loose the herb was moving around a bit when I inhaled, so there was a bunch of small stuff that made it to the bottom of the resin trap. With a full chamber, things stay put and it seemed like the load was able to heat better.

I'll report back in a couple weeks for a longer term review but so far this is exactly what I was hoping for. Plenty of delicious vapor at whatever temp you like, plus super simple to use. In my experience, I had to pack a full chamber for best results. For others considering a Hex, it's definitely not a microdosing device, although I'm sure the dosing capsules would mean less in the chamber.

With it only taking about 20 seconds to heat up to max temp, it's almost like an on demand device. I found myself taking pulls with longer breaks in between, just to enjoy the session over a longer period. This meant the mouthpiece stayed cooler as well. I really only suffered from the mouthpiece being too hot if I continuously pulled for most of the session, or if the chamber wasn't fully loaded like my first try.

I'm happy to answer questions for prospective buyers as well. So far I think it's a great device overall and really fits my use case of session vape that's cheaper than the big name offerings, with more features, easy to use, and with great vapor quality.

seedy53

Finally got my Hex delivered yesterday. It took about 7 working days to ship and 10 days total from the initial order.

First chamber I packed was too loose and about 3/4 full, which I didn't get much vapor from and the mouthpiece got quite hot indeed. It was also immediately after the burn in session they ask you to do, with an empty chamber and the mouthpiece on for 3 minutes.

So, I was initially pretty disappointed. Even the mouthpiece base was super hot and difficult to take off to get to the chamber.

Next, I tried really packing it in there, not crazy tight but just tamped down and also fully loaded. Wow, what a difference. I think because of the fully loaded chamber, the heat didn't reach the mouthpiece as much this time and the vapor production and quality is excellent.

Also, the first chamber was so loose the herb was moving around a bit when I inhaled, so there was a bunch of small stuff that made it to the bottom of the resin trap. With a full chamber, things stay put and it seemed like the load was able to heat better.

I'll report back in a couple weeks for a longer term review but so far this is exactly what I was hoping for. Plenty of delicious vapor at whatever temp you like, plus super simple to use. In my experience, I had to pack a full chamber for best results. For others considering a Hex, it's definitely not a microdosing device, although I'm sure the dosing capsules would mean less in the chamber.

With it only taking about 20 seconds to heat up to max temp, it's almost like an on demand device. I found myself taking pulls with longer breaks in between, just to enjoy the session over a longer period. This meant the mouthpiece stayed cooler as well. I really only suffered from the mouthpiece being too hot if I continuously pulled for most of the session, or if the chamber wasn't fully loaded like my first try.

I'm happy to answer questions for prospective buyers as well. So far I think it's a great device overall and really fits my use case of session vape that's cheaper than the big name offerings, with more features, easy to use, and with great vapor quality.
try using a 3in piece of silicone tubing on mp, game change for hot mp

seedy53

On dec 4th 2023, I finally received a email answering the additional question related to the NECTAR HEX

nectar's company answers to my questions are in red.
mine are white

Thanks for being patient. We're still working hard on getting our account back up and running!

I'm only getting about 21 mins at 400f heat setting of battery time, not 60min. i get like 6 or 7- 3min sessions. before a charge is needed. how do i get 60min of battery time.
  • This doesn't sound right, its hard to tell what the issue is here but I would start by trying to replace the battery with a new Sony VTC6.
  • The USB cable is USB-a to USB-c cable, not a true USB-c to USB-c fast charger set up. will that change to USB-c on both ends of charging cable?
  • We found that most customers buying our devices preferred receiving a USB > USB-C cable as they have more USB ports to charge the device with. We could look at updating this in future if needed.
  • that mouthpiece gets really hot above 400f. are you aware of this are you working on a add-on mouthpiece?
  • We have started adding 2x silicone mouthpiece covers in our latest productions and we're waiting for the original boxes to phase out.
  • BTW i found a workaround FOR HOT MOUTHPIECE, i cut a 12mm OD reusable silicone straw into 3 inch sections, i slip one over the first part of the mouthpiece, about 3in, is all need for cool lips and vapor.
  • Great idea, this is similar to the solution we've undertaken.
  • Will you be offering additional boro glass/ruby beaded cooling glass straw that can be attached to existing mouthpiece or to replace your current mouthpiece with one that has a greater cooling factor?
  • Yes, we have already started testing different types of interchangeable mouthpiece accessories including glass ones.
  • Will there be silicone or glass WPA {water pipe adapter} coming? so you can turn it upside down into a 14mm glass bong, similar to the xmax starry 4 has?
  • We have not looked at a product specific one yet as the demand for this on previous models seemed to have been very low but I will pass your comments onto the team.
  • With your current concentrate cup, you cannot invert the hex unit upside down on top of a bong? correct
  • Correct, but the adapter we're currently retailing has a tube between two end connections meaning you don't have to turn the device upside down.
  • when will you have dose caps for sale
  • We have Herb Capsules available on the website now and the extract dosing capsules should be available in around 2 weeks.
  • future accessories? what accessories are coming for the hex and when.
  • We have an aluminium dosing capsule magazine and grinder coming out in around 5-6 weeks from now.

Hope these answers have helped and let me know if there's anything else I can help with in the meantime.

if you have questions or concerns please express them here in this forum

My Hex suffers from similar battery life discrepancies, I've never used it for 60 minutes straight but I strongly doubt it would make it. After 15 minutes or so, I'm down to 1 bar of battery left.

The battery life is good enough for me, but I definitely feel different about Nectar as a company as a result of their misleading information. Maybe they really did have a bad batch of batteries or something, but they should offer to replace them in that case.

seedy53

My Hex suffers from similar battery life discrepancies, I've never used it for 60 minutes straight but I strongly doubt it would make it. After 15 minutes or so, I'm down to 1 bar of battery left.

The battery life is good enough for me, but I definitely feel different about Nectar as a company as a result of their misleading information. Maybe they really did have a bad batch of batteries or something, but they should offer to replace them in that case.
it's common for vap companies to exaggerate battery life because they do not include at what temps, they test at and length of their sessions.
i've tried mine with new molicel p28b and p28a. it made very little difference using 400f at 3 min sessions.
i'll bet at 300f at 3 min sessions, Hex would get much more battery time ie. more 3 min. sessions.
however, no big deal. i just swap-out with a new battery when the Hex goes low.

i love this heavy duty, hex-shaped, hybrid vaporizer.
the only other neg that is easily fixed, is the hot mp at 6 min of use or high heat setting, at 3 min.
just add a 3 or 4 inch piece of silicone tube over the mp and presto a cool powerhouse.
new custom cooling mp are being tested and will be out in a few weeks, i hope.

Ssscrudddy

• With your current concentrate cup, you cannot invert the hex unit upside down on top of a bong? correct
  • Correct, but the adapter we're currently retailing has a tube between two end connections meaning you don't have to turn the device upside down.

They probably mean this (mine arrived with 3 kinks in it). https://nectarmedicalvapes.com/accessories/glass-bong-adapter/
But the air intake is flush with the bottom of the Hex, so you have to hold it up in the air. If you stand it upright on a surface it blocks the airflow of the Hex.

Makes you wonder if any of them even used the device.

Edit. Imgur pic of kinky WPA, this is how it was out of the box.

Last edited:

seedy53

They probably mean this (mine arrived with 3 kinks in it). https://nectarmedicalvapes.com/accessories/glass-bong-adapter/
But the air intake is flush with the bottom of the Hex, so you have to hold it up in the air. If you stand it upright on a surface it blocks the airflow of the Hex.

Makes you wonder if any of them even used the device.

Edit. Imgur pic of kinky WPA, this is how it was out of the box.
probably vinyl hose. the kinks don't come out? i would replace with good silicone hose.

seedy53

Si(ck)licone.... ewww..... 🤢 I hate bloody silicone! 🤮
platinum grade is best or 70d rated hardness, heat resistant, food grade, medical grade silicone tubing is the best ever for vap tubing in many peoples opinions. no stickiness, no hair sticks or no dust collection, not spongy, washes out easily, no bacteria growth can grow on it. used to transport blood, urine, drugs and used many medical devices. it is not the old shitty stuff.

Excerpt: accuraterubber.com

The durometer measures the hardness of the material by testing its resistance against penetration and permanent indentation.

Types of Silicone Tubing we offer

• Regular Grade: This is a regularly utilize Silicone Grade which meets FDA standards and can be utilized in numerous applications, typically where the visual examination is fundamental. Available in 40, 50, 60, 70 and 80 shore hardness, this is utilized in food processing plants and pharmaceutical/medical industries.
  • High Strength Grade: Accessible in 50, 60 and 70 shore hardness, this category of tubing is usually utilized in Laboratory, Pharmaceutical, and Biochemical businesses. It is additionally appropriate for use inside peristaltic pumps and is greatly insusceptible to contaminants.
  • Platinum Cured: Currently prevailing and most acceptable quality compound, it meets the binding FDA Standards and is predominantly applied in Food, Pharmaceutical, Medical, and other industries. This tubing has good clarity, excellent tear strength and gives a shiny end product.
  • Colored Tubing: Accurate Rubber Corporation supplies and produces small to full-length Color Silicone Tubing in significant and indicative colors which are regularly used for ‘sleeving’ (covering for electrical or other cables).

Last edited:

seedy53

nectar hex is still my day time driver, i still like it a lot. it's my super multi-purpose vaporizer pen. i just need to get get the whip hose adapter and 14mm glass elbow bong adapter. think i'll get starry 4 whip system they look identical

seedy53

nectar hex is still my day time driver, i still like it a lot. it's my super multi-purpose vaporizer pen. i just need to get get the whip hose adapter and 14mm glass elbow bong adapter. think i'll get starry 4 whip system they look identical
well looks like the nectar hex and usa buyers aren't coming together this year. you all have a Merry Christmas to you Guys and Gals. hopefully things get better.

Well I just had a chance to compare the Hex with a Crafty+ last night and in my experience the Crafty produces much better vapor quality at low temps.
Using them back to back, it just felt like the Hex wasn't doing much below 410F and then the vapor becomes quite hot beyond that. The Crafty was a much cooler experience at 400F but still producing a lot of vapor.
I'm pretty disappointed in the Hex now. For all it's great specs, the experience isn't as good as a slightly more expensive device.
I don't mean to diminish anyone else's experience, just to share my own for others interested.

seedy53

Well I just had a chance to compare the Hex with a Crafty+ last night and in my experience the Crafty produces much better vapor quality at low temps.
Using them back to back, it just felt like the Hex wasn't doing much below 410F and then the vapor becomes quite hot beyond that. The Crafty was a much cooler experience at 400F but still producing a lot of vapor.
I'm pretty disappointed in the Hex now. For all it's great specs, the experience isn't as good as a slightly more expensive device.
I don't mean to diminish anyone else's experience, just to share my own for others interested.
it's the mouthpiece that gets hot, not the actual vapor the mp is the big neg about the unit hence the mp workaround which makes 2x better
did you extend mouthpiece with 3 in silicone straw did you adjust air input to min. did you pack med grind to 3/4 bowl? did you let it heat soak 30 sec after reaching 390f. long slow pulls. first pull is to heat herb though out chamber. it will rip through whip hose and bong set up. . i wanted a sipper tbh. don't use caps either. anyway it's what you expect it took me a week or 2 before i got mine dialed in.

VAS got me and I just ordered a Crafty+
Only 209€ currently at MagicVaporizers, so it's a pretty great deal.
Something about using the Crafty reminded me so much of my much beloved MFLB in college. What was so nice back then is how I'd get great effects from one sesh and there was still a couple more sessions left in the herb after that.

I'll definitely try to tune my Hex technique, but so far it's been one sesh, not as much vapor as I'd like and then the herb is spent, plus the vapor at the end is quite hot.

I'm away from home for the holidays now, but I'll post an update when I can do some better comparisons between the Crafty and Hex. Plus, I'll try to follow your tips @seedy53 and see if that helps too.

seedy53

VAS got me and I just ordered a Crafty+
Only 209€ currently at MagicVaporizers, so it's a pretty great deal.
Something about using the Crafty reminded me so much of my much beloved MFLB in college. What was so nice back then is how I'd get great effects from one sesh and there was still a couple more sessions left in the herb after that.

I'll definitely try to tune my Hex technique, but so far it's been one sesh, not as much vapor as I'd like and then the herb is spent, plus the vapor at the end is quite hot.

I'm away from home for the holidays now, but I'll post an update when I can do some better comparisons between the Crafty and Hex. Plus, I'll try to follow your tips @seedy53 and see if that helps too.
best vapor production is around 410f with the silicone straw or tubing 4 inch. their whip hose accessory works well too with the bong but i make my own and prefer standard whip hose vaping without bong. hex is not a multi-session vap. it needs a 10/15min cool down between bowls.
remember, the nectar hex has a heat setting/draw compensator chip. so that as you draw in air, that cools the oven down some. it's sensor will activate oven to keep heat at the level you set it, no mater hard or how fast you pull-in air through it. that's really nice original tech.

seedy53,

Ssscrudddy

Mouthpiece broke. At first it just seemed to go loose, then it dropped off completely. There should be some clips holding it in place, these are still firmly embedded in the cooling unit. This is the 2nd one this has happened to, the first 1 I was able to remove it from the cooling unit.

I gave them a call but all I got was answerphone.

Edit. I fixed it.
If you look at my mouthpiece it is missing the 'clippy bits' that hold it in the cooling unit. If you look at my cooling unit you will see something sticking up out of the top, well that's the 'clippy bits' that hold the mouthpiece in the cooling unit.

It turns out the mouthpiece is in 2 pieces. That bit sticking up out of the cooling unit is threaded, the mouthpiece just screws on to it.

So from now on I will only ever adjust the mouthpiece clockwise, so that I don't unscrew it from the 'clippy bits'. If your mouthpiece is getting looser just rotate it clockwise until it's tight again.

Last edited:

seedy53

i don't turn mine mp cause i use in house. i have removed my mp several times for cleaning. because it is zirconium, you need to be very careful, don't force anything. it should be kind of brittle esp where it's thin at the junction points. there is a trick to remove it, but i can not remember how just now, but mp must be in a certain position when trying to remove or installing it back. personally, i don't like the mp system either, esp when it is dirty. so i leave it in one position and clean it in place the best i can.
emailing is the only way i have dealt with them. you can buy mp i think in accessory section on website
if i order a replacement mp including shipping it world be
$29,16
stupid price

Last edited:

seedy53

i don't turn mine mp cause i use in house. i have removed my mp several times for cleaning. because it is zirconium, you need to be very careful, don't force anything. it should be kind of brittle esp where it's thin at the junction points. there is a trick to remove it, but i can not remember how just now, but mp must be in a certain position when trying to remove or installing it back. personally, i don't like the mp system either, esp when it is dirty. so i leave it in one position and clean it in place the best i can.
emailing is the only way i have dealt with them. you can buy mp i think in accessory section on website
if i order a replacement mp including shipping it world be
$29,16
stupid price
the lowere hex mouth piece replacement price

NECTAR HEX VAPORIZER – ZIRCONIA MOUTHPIECE

$18,61

Vapinski

PSA: the Hex I received today in the mail that was purchased directly from Nectar came with perfectly fitted silicone sleeves for the mouthpiece. One on the device, and an extra with the accessories.

Otherwise, the Hex is very nice, it checks a lot of boxes for myself. The only thing I don’t like about it is the feel of the airflow; it’s loud and not smooth in the slightest but not the end of the world.

A black leather sleeve to protect the device and absorb heat would be excellent.

Last edited:

seedy53

PSA: the Hex I received today in the mail that was purchased directly from Nectar came with perfectly fitted silicone sleeves for the mouthpiece. One on the device, and an extra with the accessories.

Otherwise, the Hex is very nice, it checks a lot of boxes for myself. The only thing I don’t like about it is the feel of the airflow; it’s loud and not smooth in the slightest but not the end of the world.

A black leather sleeve to protect the device and absorb heat would be excellent.
airflow is adjustable it comes set wide open. play with it. i close mine down to 50% or even less if i want bigger vapor clouds.
hold the hex unit it lower on the unit frame if body too hot

Vapinski

airflow is adjustable it comes set wide open. play with it. i close mine down to 50% or even less if i want bigger vapor clouds
I know it’s adjustable, but it’s still a wide open, single hole regardless of where it’s placed.

Vapinski,
Reactions: seedy53

seedy53

I know it’s adjustable, but it’s still a wide open, single hole regardless of where it’s placed.
wow, ok i like it like that. take longer, softer pulls. it a sipper, mainly. it's same way on starry 4. just looked at mine it barely open. sound isn't something i consider when hitting. i like a little restriction

Top Bottom