• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

My next portable on-demand vaporizer

GymWolf

You're not going to have to wait that long to take your hit, I'd say plan for a 30 second total time for warm-up and hit though... Unless you take shorter hits, which would also probably give you a higher total number of hits as you temp step through the bowl...
The problem is, i can't plan the pre-heat of the device while i'm playing because you have to keep pressing the button and playing with one hand is pretty hard:D (pun intended)

The 30 sec estimation was considering both the heat up time from cold, so 15 sec to heat up and a hit long enough to get decent amount of vapor with a fully conduction vape so around 10-12+ sec.

This is why the grasshopper 1-2 sec heating time was perfect, in 10-12 second you get a decent 8-10 sec hit (that with a powerfull heater are enough to get big clouds)

This is pretty much the only aspect that keeps the TM still running in my list of possible devices.

Last edited:
GymWolf,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The problem is, i can't plan the pre-heat of the device while i'm playing because you have to keep pressing the button and playing with one hand is pretty hard:D (pun intended)

The 30 sec estimation was considering both the heat up time from cold, so 15 sec to heat up and a hit long enough to get decent amount of vapor with a fully conduction vape so around 10-12+ sec.

This is why the grasshopper 1-2 sec heating time was perfect, in 10-12 second you get a decent 8-10 sec hit (that with a powerfull heater are enough to get big clouds)

This is pretty much the only aspect that keeps the TM still running in my list of possible devices.

Well you could try to use it more manually, ignore the heat up, use it at a fixed temp and just start inhaling right away, you just will have to figure out what the temps feel like for you that way... I don't know for this purpose it really sounds like Tafée Bowle is the one to get, if you need super fast hits like that (or a log vape plugin type really)... I mean I would just pause the video game to take a hit, or like have my character standing there, depends on the game right?

Shit Snacks,

GymWolf

Well you could try to use it more manually, ignore the heat up, use it at a fixed temp and just start inhaling right away, you just will have to figure out what the temps feel like for you that way... I don't know for this purpose it really sounds like Tafée Bowle is the one to get, if you need super fast hits like that (or a log vape plugin type really)... I mean I would just pause the video game to take a hit, or like have my character standing there, depends on the game right?
I guess i can press pause while i hit, i was just trying to recreate the joint practical side as much as possible, these damn SSD load too fast:D

Shit Snacks

I guess i can press pause while i hit, i was just trying to recreate the joint practical side as much as possible, these damn SSD load too fast:D

Haha yeah, nothing is going to be like that, the idea of having a joint sitting there smoldering while you are playing just seems wasteful to me, like that would be the same as getting an Arizer and having it sick cooking your load in between? But yeah it makes more sense to get a plug-in vape, you could load a huge bowl, use a whip, have it ready to keep puffing on just like that...

Vaporware

It also sounds like a desktop with a whip, or maybe a log or something might work well for you?

If you’re sitting at a computer there’s no real need for portability, and a lot of desktops can be left on and ready to hit all day if you want.

The Volcano Hybrid could work there, but I’m not convinced it’s the best for using over long sessions with a whip…there are some fragile and even plastic parts that would bother me.

Shit Snacks

It also sounds like a desktop with a whip, or maybe a log or something might work well for you?

If you’re sitting at a computer there’s no real need for portability, and a lot of desktops can be left on and ready to hit all day if you want.

The Volcano Hybrid could work there, but I’m not convinced it’s the best for using over long sessions with a whip…there are some fragile and even plastic parts that would bother me.

I actually just heard some great things about the Ditanium... Speaking of wood and whips

GymWolf

I don't sit in a desk in front of a monitor, i sit in a chair in front of my giant oled tv with the bed on my side where i usually put the ashtray, the joints etc. (it's a desk bed:D).
I tried 2-3 desktop vaporizer in the past but i just hate having cord attached or a whip, i need to have a wireless minimalistic experience.

Some desktop i tried where the arizer extreme Q and the plenty (returned to amazon).

The volcano could work because a ballon give me like 4-5 hits of real on demand vapor and the easy valve is so easy to get vapor from that i can really use it while moving my character with one hand and choosing how long the hit has to be because ballons give you vapor even with a 2 sec hit.

But I also like a pen\portable shaped device like the xmax or the TM because with one device i can do both outside and inside when i walk around the house or when i'm in my garden, also portable vaporizer are probably better for microdosing and saving weed.

@Shit Snacks i don't know what papers you buy, but my joints barely lose anything when i stop hitting, and you always get your 20-25 hits from a fat one.

Last edited:
GymWolf,

Tweakz

TM is a winner ! I have two versions, and I love it so much. Works like a charm over 2,5 years. Hits like a truck , taste so goood .

Tweakz,
Reactions: GymWolf

Shit Snacks

I don't sit in a desk in front of a monitor, i sit in a chair in front of my giant oled tv with the bed on my side where i usually put the ashtray, the joints etc. (it's a desk bed:D).
I tried 2-3 desktop vaporizer in the past but i just hate having cord attached or a whip, i need to have a wireless minimalistic experience.

Some desktop i tried where the arizer extreme Q and the plenty (returned to amazon).

The volcano could work because a ballon give me like 4-5 hits of real on demand vapor and the easy valve is so easy to get vapor from that i can really use it while moving my character with one hand and choosing how long the hit has to be because ballons give you vapor even with a 2 sec hit.

But I also like a pen\portable shaped device like the xmax or the TM because with one device i can do both outside and inside when i walk around the house or when i'm in my garden, also portable vaporizer are probably better for microdosing and saving weed.

@Shit Snacks i don't know what papers you buy, but my joints barely lose anything when i stop hitting, and you always get your 20-25 hits from a fat one.

Well, those are still pretty limited, and honestly outdated vape experience, I wouldn't judge too broadly, about all whip vapes based off of EQ... It is notoriously underpowered? Also plenty is just a volcano bowl with the thing to vape straight, very specific, I don't know, if ever you I wouldn't write off all other plug-in vapes and just go for volcano, but if you do you!

And, well, I'm not buying any papers at all, haha so I don't know, I wouldn't know, also did not like to have a joint to myself, would have to be a very small one back in the day, I haven't smoked for many years, the last times I tried hits off a joint they were terrible so the nostalgia is no longer appealing lol I just figured, it is lit, burning, it is wasting, I don't know, everything about burning is unappealing to me anyway so shouldn't go further to talk about it!

GymWolf

Well, those are still pretty limited, and honestly outdated vape experience, I wouldn't judge too broadly, about all whip vapes based off of EQ... It is notoriously underpowered? Also plenty is just a volcano bowl with the thing to vape straight, very specific, I don't know, if ever you I wouldn't write off all other plug-in vapes and just go for volcano, but if you do you!

And, well, I'm not buying any papers at all, haha so I don't know, I wouldn't know, also did not like to have a joint to myself, would have to be a very small one back in the day, I haven't smoked for many years, the last times I tried hits off a joint they were terrible so the nostalgia is no longer appealing lol I just figured, it is lit, burning, it is wasting, I don't know, everything about burning is unappealing to me anyway so shouldn't go further to talk about it!
Performance aside, i still hate whips or having power cord around the room.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I like well made built-in minimal mouthpieces with decent cooling instead, i'm just a minimalist.
I've skimmed this thread and it seems you have the TM team egging you on, and prolly for good reason. My most recent is a Bowle (Taffee) and I chose it over TM for the cool hits that need zero cooling because the stock stem is excellent, imo. Bowle can hit real hard if you want that, or step through some hits that stay tasty all the way through.
The problem is, i can't plan the pre-heat of the device while i'm playing because you have to keep pressing the button and playing with one hand is pretty hard
This also is in the Bowle's repertoire: instant-on, like 2 seconds and you're hitting, from dead cold. Pure convection means you can come back for a single hit whenever you want.
It loads easily with a removeable ceramic pod, you can load multiple pods and swap them as needed. No lids on the pods and no threads, no magnets for the cooling stem.
But it does need at least one hand to operate, I think very few do not?

If you take a look at Bowle, try to ignore the drinking glass! it is superfluous, not part of the actual vaping.

About the vaping vs combusting thing, my suggestion is, if you want to resume the vaping and once you have the right devices, try to vape exclusively for at least a couple of weeks. It is an 'acquired taste' both the flavor and effects.

But I won't argue with the TM peeps, they're on to something great there, I just haven't tried it yet. It may just be my next portable. The sentences of yours I quoted above seem to describe a Bowle...

GymWolf

I've skimmed this thread and it seems you have the TM team egging you on, and prolly for good reason. My most recent is a Bowle (Taffee) and I chose it over TM for the cool hits that need zero cooling because the stock stem is excellent, imo. Bowle can hit real hard if you want that, or step through some hits that stay tasty all the way through.

This also is in the Bowle's repertoire: instant-on, like 2 seconds and you're hitting, from dead cold. Pure convection means you can come back for a single hit whenever you want.
It loads easily with a removeable ceramic pod, you can load multiple pods and swap them as needed. No lids on the pods and no threads, no magnets for the cooling stem.
But it does need at least one hand to operate, I think very few do not?

If you take a look at Bowle, try to ignore the drinking glass! it is superfluous, not part of the actual vaping.

About the vaping vs combusting thing, my suggestion is, if you want to resume the vaping and once you have the right devices, try to vape exclusively for at least a couple of weeks. It is an 'acquired taste' both the flavor and effects.

But I won't argue with the TM peeps, they're on to something great there, I just haven't tried it yet. It may just be my next portable. The sentences of yours I quoted above seem to describe a Bowle...
I need to watch more reviews for the bowle, thanks.

Edit: a bit worried about the battery life, how much bowls do you get from one? i'm watching troy and he only use it at max temp so not really helpful since i'm gonna step temp the hell out of this bitch:D

Edit 2: holy cow this thing could be the answer... i like that you can just preload the ceramic crucibles before hand so when you finish a bowl you can load another one pretty fast, even troy use his bowle during gaming sessions:D
(still investigating tho)

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way

Edit: a bit worried about the battery life, how much bowls do you get from one? i'm watching troy and he only use it at max temp so not really helpful since i'm gonna step temp the hell out of this bitch:D

Edit 2: holy cow this thing could be the answer... i like that you can just preload the ceramic crucibles before hand so when you finish a bowl you can load another one pretty fast, even troy use his bowle during gaming sessions:D
Yes, battery life with Bowle is not very great. I think 4 pods is about as far as it goes for me, maybe 5 to 8 hits per (will vary with material; though nice, mine is not top shelf material...).

Usb (not C) charging, but it charges faster than expected because it's a small (750mah) battery and one of those Qualcomm wall adapters (I think).
So, for an all day outing, idk, but around the house I just put it on the charger after 2 or 3 and it catches up quickly.
btw, this is not for big bowls shared with a group like a Volcano.

GymWolf

Yes, battery life with Bowle is not very great. I think 4 pods is about as far as it goes for me, maybe 5 to 8 hits per (will vary with material; though nice, mine is not top shelf material...).

Usb (not C) charging, but it charges faster than expected because it's a small (750mah) battery and one of those Qualcomm wall adapters (I think).
So, for an all day outing, idk, but around the house I just put it on the charger after 2 or 3 and it catches up quickly.
btw, this is not for big bowls shared with a group like a Volcano.
Yeah battery life is a big turn over, too bad because the device was pretty neat.

GymWolf,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
A device that only gives me 6-8 hits even with step temp would be a huge downgrade for me, no matter how powerfull the hits are.

I just fear that the xamax could be too slow for a real on demand experience.
Are you sure you've used dry herb vapes before? It's actually a negative associated with weak session vapes when you need to take a dozen hits or more to cache a bowl.

You keep seesawing as if there was a goldilocks middle ground vape that was as underpowered as the V3 Pro and also as capable as the TM.

More powerful heaters extract better both at lower and higher temps and none of them are trying to accommodate your unrealistic 20-30 hit target. Dry herb vapers aren't looking to inhale that much hot air to vape a tenth of a gram or two.

And didn't you say you're still combusting? Maybe just try the V3 first since you don't really know how dry herb vapes work yet?

Maybe you don't understand the longer, bigger hits that on demand convection portables like best? Definitely *don't get a V3 if you think you can hit it for three seconds like a cart or a joint.

Maybe that's it: do you not inhale directly to your lungs when you've used dry herb vapes in the past? This thirty hit nonsense would make a bit more sense in that context, no offense

Last edited:

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I think the op needs too think about what he is trying to achieve. If fucking combustion is the primary goal then I think you need to let go of the whole notion of finding a vaporiser that exactly mimics the ease and convenience of smoking spliffs. It's just not going to happen. Unfortunately vaping is just more complicated and more work. That doesn't mean it's a hassle because that work becomes a ritual of its own right, like the act of rolling a spliff.

A lot of your requirements are contradictory. You want to be able to sit and sip a bowl, but also with the same device you want instant heat up and instant vapour. That's two use cases at opposite ends of the spectrum. I think you might need multiple devices eventually but you need to think about what's most important. That might help us to help you better 👍

GymWolf

Dude, you've made slow af a requirement.

Are you sure you've used dry herb vapes before? It's actually a negative associated with weak session vapes when you need to take a dozen hits or more to cache a bowl.

You keep seesawing as if there was a goldilocks middle ground vape that was as underpowered as the V3 Pro and also as capable as the TM.

More powerful heaters extract better both at lower and higher temps and none of them are trying to accommodate your unrealistic 20-30 hit target. Dry herb vapers aren't looking to inhale that much hot air to vape a tenth of a gram or two.

And didn't you say you're still combusting? Maybe just try the V3 first since you don't really know how dry herb vapes work yet?

Maybe you don't understand the longer, bigger hits that on demand convection portables like best? Definitely *don't get a V3 if you think you can hit it for three seconds like a cart or a joint.

Maybe that's it: do you not inhale directly to your lungs when you've used dry herb vapes in the past? This thirty hit nonsense would make a bit more sense in that context, no offense
One of my first post here implied that most people consider a vaporizer more efficent\better when they can clean a bowl in a couple of hits, or at least that was the idea i formed after reading the forum and watching reviews, and i said that my idea of efficency was the opposite, getting as many hits as possible from a bowl and this was the answer i got from shit snacks:

"I'm not sure why you say it is opposite to many people here, sure there are some people who like to take one hitter extraction bowls, I do those sometimes with some vapes, but there are many of us who also really enjoy temp stepping the way you describe, I do that most of the time especially with portables dry... Part of this is to milk the great flavor on low temps with pure vapor paths, but also I enjoy the effects this way, I often don't take the temp that high at the end, but just for a final hit or two... Anyway this vape can definitely help you get the most out of your bud efficiently, although I might recommend temp stepping a bit more than just 5 or 10° if you are taking 2 to 3 hits at each setting."

So both me and you are wrong, a lot of people (like me) prefer to milk a bowl and having maybe a less fast and intense but more prolonged experience with a big number of hits, not sure what is the big deal about this, or maybe i just misread your words, my bad if that is the case.

For the other stuff, i never, NEVER got less than 12-15 hits with temp step in any of my vaporizer except the most shitty one or super powerfull stuff like a grasshopper, with a fierce and temp step 20++ hits were normal, with my faulty inhalater xp they were like almost double that number (but that thing was combusting a bit), so taking that in account, and knowing that an on demand device cook your herb even less between hits i thought that 25-30 hits were kinda realistic, i was wrong but you can't really say thatcit is my fault if my experience was different from yours?
Maybe the weed we have here contains a lot of shit or maybe i get more hits for other reasons, i don't know dude.

Second, i never had a vape where sip draws were a thing except maybe some shitty conduction one or the grasshopper that was harsh AF, i always had to do slow long ass rips, so i perfectly know how convection vaporizer works, again not sure what you were trying to imply, sorry if if i misunderstood..

I'm "seesawing" (don't know that word but i'm gonna take a guess) because i always want to be super informed before buying something, i enjoy researching, and new people can come in the topic to advise other devices that i'm unaware of like the guy who proposed the bowle, i'm not omniscient about any single vaporizer on the market like some of you.

I admit that i can be a bit confused at times but that's because between here, yt, reddit etc. I read 100 different opinions about the same thing so it's only natural to get confused, vaporizers are not an exact science, in the same topic you can read a guy not having any effect from an xmax and another seasoned ex-smoker having his face ripped off by the same device, you find a guy who says that the vapor production in the xmax is whispy and another one who says that it produces as many vapour as a fierce that was a vapour machine from my test, sorry if i can't tell who says the truth and who lies, i'm not THAT smart.

I'm sorry if my research bother you so much.

@Cheebsy my requirements can be a bit confused but i don't think they are contradictory...i want an on demand device where i can take a puff at irregular times without my herb getting cooked between hits (basically the reason why on demand vaporizer exist in the first place) and that can milk a bowl for many hits with temp step like many past session type vaporizer i had, being on demand in my head was even better because you don't cook your weed between hits because the oven is not always on so you can get even more hits.
Me being dubious about the 30 sec from heating up to finishing a draw in a on demand device like the xmax is a pretty legit doubt to have tbh or asking questions to better understand thess devices flaws and if they can accomodate my needs seems like every person in this forum when researching a device.
Maybe what threw some people off was me asking for a powerfull device who can hit hard so people think that i want a device with an heater that can finish a bowl in a couple of hits but what i meant was a device that even with temp step can hit hard because as we all know, even 5 devices who work in the same way can give you stronger or weaker effects for many reasons, for example a fierce get me medicated more than my air but they both work in a similar way and they can both prolong a bowl for more than 6-8 hits every single time.

All of my questions come from me studying the xmax or tinymight topics and reading wildlly different opinions, of course i get super confused dude.

Sorry if i made people angry, it was not my intention and sometimes i can be a bit confusing to follow.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Yeah check out the thread for it (I trust the aggregate of FC members posting in a given thread much more than review videos as I've said), for the Bowle, yes battery life is the weak point and it only has four settings, but I too ride the lowest setting, I'm most always temp stepping with mine, sometimes I will start on a higher setting, but pretty much always using all four settings, with a full bowl, you can eke out many hits, you're not going to get 20 or 30 I don't think with any of these though? Though some people get more hits out of the Bowle than I do, just be prepared more for like 10-15 with any of these portable strong pure convection on demand vapes with modest chambers... Like I said, you're going to have to compromise on at least one or two features, based on the usage you described, feels like this could be the most practical for you really, maybe good idea to get one along with xmax v3pro for backup more portable option with swappable batteries too?

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Gonna give MiniVAP Teflon another mention. This is a session vape but with convection heating, so there's less cooking going on between hits. Depending on how much time you leave between hits, that acts precisely as on demand. (You should check if it powers off based on session duration or time since last hit tho, as the latter might be impractical.) It also offers many lush hits per bowl. It's for sure on the bigger side but still very manageable even with the battery, if you plan on using the power adapter that cuts off an extra couple cm's and most of the weight.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,

GymWolf

Yeah check out the thread for it (I trust the aggregate of FC members posting in a given thread much more than review videos as I've said), for the Bowle, yes battery life is the weak point and it only has four settings, but I too ride the lowest setting, I'm most always temp stepping with mine, sometimes I will start on a higher setting, but pretty much always using all four settings, with a full bowl, you can eke out many hits, you're not going to get 20 or 30 I don't think with any of these though? Though some people get more hits out of the Bowle than I do, just be prepared more for like 10-15 with any of these portable strong pure convection on demand vapes with modest chambers... Like I said, you're going to have to compromise on at least one or two features, based on the usage you described, feels like this could be the most practical for you really, maybe good idea to get one along with xmax v3pro for backup more portable option with swappable batteries too?

Yeah i'm starting to think that i always got that many hits from a bowl because my devices were kinda weak so the extraction was way slower, but they always did their job at medicating, slower doens't always mean weak, my logic was that with on demand and less cooking between hits i could obtain even more hits and not being forced to sip all the time until the weed was exhausted, but it seems like logic doens't work with vaporizers and a different heater\form factor really can make all the difference in the world even with temp step and trying to milk a bowl.

the xmax seems like the "best" on demand device to milk a bowl even if you get less vapour and effects but the problem is that it's not REALLY on demand.

Before posting this topic i genuinely thought that don't giving a damn about taste, water attachments, concentrates options (or some other complicated stuff that people ask when they search for a vaporizer) was putting my request on the easy side to solve, especially when we had 2-3 years old devices like the grasshopper that is so close to my dream device.

GymWolf,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
One of my first post here implied that most people consider a vaporizer more efficent\better when they can clean a bowl in a couple of hits, or at least that was the idea i formed after reading the forum and watching reviews, and i said that my idea of efficency was the opposite, getting as many hits as possible from a bowl and this was the answer i got from shit snacks:

"I'm not sure why you say it is opposite to many people here, sure there are some people who like to take one hitter extraction bowls, I do those sometimes with some vapes, but there are many of us who also really enjoy temp stepping the way you describe, I do that most of the time especially with portables dry... Part of this is to milk the great flavor on low temps with pure vapor paths, but also I enjoy the effects this way, I often don't take the temp that high at the end, but just for a final hit or two... Anyway this vape can definitely help you get the most out of your bud efficiently, although I might recommend temp stepping a bit more than just 5 or 10° if you are taking 2 to 3 hits at each setting."

So both me and you are wrong, a lot of people (like me) prefer to milk a bowl and having maybe a less fast and intense but more prolonged experience with a big number of hits, not sure what is the big deal about this, or maybe i just misread your words, my bad if that is the case.

For the other stuff, i never, NEVER got less than 12-15 hits with temp step in any of my vaporizer except the most shitty one or super powerfull stuff like a grasshopper, with a fierce and temp step 20++ hits were normal, with my faulty inhalater xp they were like almost double that number (but that thing was combusting a bit), so taking that in account, and knowing that an on demand device cook your herb even less between hits i thought that 25-30 hits were kinda realistic, i was wrong but you can't really say thatcit is my fault if my experience was different from yours?
Maybe the weed we have here contains a lot of shit or maybe i get more hits for other reasons, i don't know dude.

Second, i never had a vape where sip draws were a thing except maybe some shitty conduction one or the grasshopper that was harsh AF, i always had to do slow long ass rips, so i perfectly know how convection vaporizer works, again not sure what you were trying to imply, sorry if if i misunderstood..

I'm "seesawing" (don't know that word but i'm gonna take a guess) because i always want to be super informed before buying something, i enjoy researching, and new people can come in the topic to advise other devices that i'm unaware of like the guy who proposed the bowle, i'm not omniscient about any single vaporizer on the market like some of you.

I admit that i can be a bit confused at times but that's because between here, yt, reddit etc. I read 100 different opinions about the same thing so it's only natural to get confused, vaporizers are not an exact science, in the same topic you can read a guy not having any effect from an xmax and another seasoned ex-smoker having his face ripped off by the same device, you find a guy who says that the vapor production in the xmax is whispy and another one who says that it produces as many vapour as a fierce that was a vapour machine from my test, sorry if i can't tell who says the truth and who lies, i'm not THAT smart.

I'm sorry if my research bother you so much.

@Cheebsy my requirements can be a bit confused but i don't think they are contradictory...i want an on demand device where i can take a puff at irregular times without my herb getting cooked between hits (basically the reason why on demand vaporizer exist in the first place) and that can milk a bowl for many hits with temp step like many past session type vaporizer i had, being on demand in my head was even better because you don't cook your weed between hits because the oven is not always on so you can get even more hits.
Me being dubious about the 30 sec from heating up to finishing a draw in a on demand device like the xmax is a pretty legit doubt to have tbh or asking questions to better understand thess devices flaws and if they can accomodate my needs seems like every person in this forum when researching a device.
Maybe what threw some people off was me asking for a powerfull device who can hit hard so people think that i want a device with an heater that can finish a bowl in a couple of hits but what i meant was a device that even with temp step can hit hard because as we all know, even 5 devices who work in the same way can give you stronger or weaker effects for many reasons, for example a fierce get me medicated more than my air but they both work in a similar way and they can both prolong a bowl for more than 6-8 hits every single time.

All of my questions come from me stypudying the xmax or tinymight topics and reading wildlyl different opinions,of course i get super confused dude.

Sorry if i made people angry, it was not my intention and sometimes i can be a bit confusing to follow.

I'm not angry, I just own and use your front runners (TM and V3) and since you sound like you don't know what you're doing it'd make more sense to get one and use it the way it's supposed to work (as opposed to the way you smoke joints).

I probably just missed it earlier but what portables have you enjoyed getting a thirty hit bowl from? How much do you load for those thirty hits and how long is your average hit?

I honestly don't think the problem has anything to do with conflicting reviews or reports: maybe you're stuck in a combustion mindset and nothing seems right because you're set in your ways?

bossman,

Shit Snacks

Yeah i'm starting to think that i always got that many hits from a bowl because my devices were kinda weak so the extraction was way slower, but they always did their job at medicating, slower doens't always mean weak, my logic was that with on demand and less cooking between hits i could obtain even more hits and not being forced to sip all the time until the weed was exhausted, but it seems like logic doens't work with vaporizers and a different heater\form factor really can make all the difference in the world even with temp step and trying to milk a bowl.

Well it is not strictly true, what you are saying is possible, it just depends on the vape, like a sticky brick, with a large bowl, stirring every hit, you can totally do that, controlling for small hits, there are others like this too, but like I said everything is going to have a compromise, if that's your priority, you're going to have to sacrifice other things... Your logic is sound though, on demand is capable of that in general, but no two are alike? Must prioritize goals

the xmax seems like the "best" on demand device to milk a bowl even if you get less vapour and effects but the problem is that it's not REALLY on demand.

No, it is on demand, it is just not instant heat up, that is kind of a separate category... Like a log vape, it's not going to heat up instantly, but then it becomes an on demand vape once it is all warmed up... Most any session vape is not going to be instant heating, but some of them do heat up quite quick now?

Before posting this topic i genuinely thought that don't giving a damn about taste, water attachments, concentrates options (or some other complicated stuff that people ask when they search for a vaporizer) was putting my request on the easy side to solve, especially when we had 2-3 years old devices like the grasshopper that is so close to my dream device.

Taste does relate to purity of the materials used, the technology, and richness of the vapor... And the water attachment is also for the versatility, I don't know many people that are really looking to get concentrate use in the same device anymore though, I mean many can, but not well, you want a separate thing for concentrates always imo

What you ask for is actually more complicated, despite the size of the market, you see each product in this category is its own unique thing with its own trade-offs, you see the trade-offs of the grasshopper, you see the trade-offs of the TM and the TB, and also you see what happens to the grasshopper company itself, 2 to 3 years is nothing really, not much changes, point being you're not going to find the perfect device? We're still not there yet

GymWolf

I'm not angry, I just own and use your front runners (TM and V3) and since you sound like you don't know what you're doing it'd make more sense to get one and use it the way it's supposed to work (as opposed to the way you smoke joints).

I probably just missed it earlier but what portables have you enjoyed getting a thirty hit bowl from? How much do you load for those thirty hits and how long is your average hit?

I honestly don't think the problem has anything to do with conflicting reviews or reports: maybe you're stuck in a combustion mindset and nothing seems right because you're set in your ways?
With a solo or air i always got 12 to 15 hits ( 3 hits on temp 4, 3 on temp 5, 3 on temp 6 and as many hits i could until the weed was exhausted on temp 7, usually between 4 and 6) with whatever weed i had just by temp stepping, even more when i was in amsterdam with better weed, i specifically started at higher temps when i was there because having to do almost 20 hits to finish .2 gram (or whatever is the capacity of a solo stem) was too much and i wanted to try as many type of different weed as possible.

With my fierce i easily got 20++ hits with temp step.

I had a faulty inhlater xp (it was a bit high with the temp) and that thing was a monster, 30-35 min of mostly continuos hitting and never even counted how many hits per bowl, but it was combusting a bit when i used the max temp.

My hits are around 10-12 second long and i almost always get some vapour in any device.

For me an on demand device is excatly trying to replicate the joint experience, hell even troy in one of his review described the on demand function as something that stoned people do with joints, so hardly a concept that i invented by myself.

Once again, my logic was that not being a session vape with no cooking when i was not hitting was the recipe to get even more hits from a bowl, can you fault my logic for that? less cooking between hits= more hits in the bowl to consume., but it seems like most on demand heater are too powerfull so even temp step can't give me that number of hits, this is what confused me mostly during my research.

@Shit Snacks isn't maddening how close the grasshopper is to my perfect on demand device...i still have my titanium original working but bettery life, small chamber and harsh vapor are too much to handle, why the hell they kept the same form factor and flaws in the IO is beyond me, they had a golden goose in their hands.
I could sell an improved grasshopper to any of my combusting friends no problem.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

For me an on demand device is excatly trying to replicate the joint experience, hell even troy in one of his review described the on demand function as something that stoned people do with joints, so hardly a concept that i invented by myself.

It is just funny, and proves how much perspective comes into play, because it is specifically session conduction vapes, or session hybrids, that I liken more to the joint experience, because they are just cooking creating the vapor for you and you just puff on it, like a joint is burning down and you just puff on it lol on demand pure convection is more like a pipe, bub, or a bong imo

why the hell they kept the same form factor and flaws in the IO is beyond me

You said it right there, they are married to the form factor, which carries all the flaws! If they didn't try to make it look like a stupid pen, clicker and all, it could have been the ultimate vape, they had to do the IO to cut down on costs and it's still not enough to save them clearly?

You have the right idea at least, TM for me is everything the hopper should have been in practical use... Better in so many ways. Xmax is the budget version, more impressive for everything it can do, at the price, but more limited... TB is more of a home portable, but the polished practical use is really strong, skim through the thread and you will see the positivity, there is a reason for it, despite the flaws like battery life, it is more consistent than a GH and simpler... But it won't be able to do everything for you (out of the house portable)

Really no one thing is going to be able to do everything!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Vapenvy

GymWolf

It is just funny, and proves how much perspective comes into play, because it is specifically session conduction vapes, or session hybrids, that I liken more to the joint experience, because they are just cooking creating the vapor for you and you just puff on it, like a joint is burning down and you just puff on it lol on demand pure convection is more like a pipe, bub, or a bong imo

You said it right there, they are married to the form factor, which carries all the flaws! If they didn't try to make it look like a stupid pen, clicker and all, it could have been the ultimate vape, they had to do the IO to cut down on costs and it's still not enough to save them clearly?

You have the right idea at least, TM for me is everything the hopper should have been in practical use... Better in so many ways. Xmax is the budget version, more impressive for everything it can do, at the price, but more limited... TB is more of a home portable, but the polished practical use is really strong, skim through the thread and you will see the positivity, there is a reason for it, despite the flaws like battery life, it is more consistent than a GH and simpler... But it won't be able to do everything for you (out of the house portable)

Really no one thing is going to be able to do everything!
As a seasoned smoker with a lot of smoking friends, my experience is the opposite, the great thing about joints is that you take a draw at irregular times and forget about it, i can take 2-3 consecutive hits because i want a big immediate effect or just taking a draw every 15 min to prolong a weaker effect, and as i said before, the papers i use stop burning super fast so almost nothing get wasted.
A grasshopper with all the flaws fixed would be a perfect replica of a joint in vaporizer form.

Smoking joints has to be relaxing, not a run to finish the damn thing in less time possible, and no matter how much weed you use, the lenght of the paper is always the same so you get consistently 20 to 25 small hits from any joint.

I guess it vary from person to person.

The closest thing if we talk about similarity of ritual is probably a dynavap (and i get 5 to 7 good hits from that little thing, not bad at all), and that's why i'm 100% gonna buy an induction heater and maybe an XL bowl if it even exist, i love thart little thing even if i hate the 20 sec torch part.

p.s. never liked bongs or pipes or chilum, only joints for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom