My next portable on-demand vaporizer

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
As a seasoned smoker with a lot of smoking friends, my experience is the opposite, the great thing about joints is that you take a draw at irregular times and forget about it, i can take 2-3 consecutive hits because i want a big immediate effect or just taking a draw every 15 min to prolong a weaker effect.
A grasshopper with all the flaws fixed would be a perfect replica of a joint in vaporizer form.

Smoking joints has to be relaxing, not a run to finish the damn thing in less time possible, and no matter how much weed you use, the lenght of the paper is always the same so you get consistently 20 to 25 small hits from any joint.

I guess it vary from person to person.

The closest thing if we talk about similarity of ritual is probably a dynavap (and i get 5 to 7 good hits from that little thing, not bad at all), and that's why i'm 100% gonna buy an induction heater and maybe an XL bowl if it even exist, i love thart little thing even if i hate the 20 sec torch part.

Haha yeah so it's totally perspective and experience, because I absolutely feel the opposite way, like I would roll a joint with buddies back in the day, I mean often it would be me and one friend, splitting a joint, oftentimes before a movie, but especially if you are passing around with a bigger group, someone's just holding it not hitting it, right it's puff puff pass, I mean yeah you chill a bit with it, but you don't want to stand there letting it burn down... That's why I feel sharing conduction vapes, hybrid session style, vapes like that with other people if they're distracted? Yeah for me using a pipe, on demand, something you're lighting yourself, that's leisurely going at your own pace chill vaping, a joint is just the convenience of like having a mobile disposable thing where you need it, I don't find it efficient generally and obviously no longer enjoyable either lol but yeah the point being you're not going to find anything like a joint, so I think that's the problem? I don't think a grasshopper is anything like a joint either, like I said I feel like something like a Pax is... For me practically, which is that it's not practical haha e joints just ain't a thing

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: GymWolf

GymWolf

Haha yeah so it's totally perspective and experience, because I absolutely feel the opposite way, like I would roll a joint with buddies back in the day, I mean often it would be me and one friend, splitting a joint, oftentimes before a movie, but especially if you are passing around with a bigger group, someone's just holding it not hitting it, right it's puff puff pass, I mean yeah you chill a bit with it, but you don't want to stand there letting it burn down... That's why I feel sharing conduction vapes, hybrid session style, vapes like that with other people if they're distracted? Yeah for me using a pipe, on demand, something you're lighting yourself, that's leisurely going at your own pace chill vaping, a joint is just the convenience of like having a mobile disposable thing where you need it, I don't find it efficient generally and obviously no longer enjoyable either lol
I hate bongs, pipes and chilum, too harsh on my throat and i don't enjoy staying there with the lighter all the time and taking bis ass draws when i combust (the opposite with vaporizers but i do enjoy both short sips and long sips with them), i have big lungs but a delicate throat.
Also i feel like bongs waste much more weed than joints but that could be a wrong perception because i never really used that much.

I'm just the type of guy who enjoy a more weak effect with many hits in a prolonged span of time than an immediate strong one that goes away faster.

Last edited:
GymWolf,

Shit Snacks

I hate bongs, pipes and chilum, they are too harsh on my throat and i don't enjoy staying there with the lighter all the time and taking bis ass draws when i combust (the opposite with vaporizers but i do enjoy both short sips and long sips with them).

So I don't remember cuz it's been so long, but I would take small draws using the chillum too? And it's funny because I found joints super harsh, no filter, way too much weed all at once in one hit, see the perspective irony lol

Also i feel like bongs waste much more weed than joints but that could be a wrong perception because i never really used that much.

Okay no I hate smoking from bongs actually, I was able to do it like with other people doing it, and I had a little bong in college that I made, but then afterwards I got a larger bong and was so bad at hitting it, went too far, coughed up blood once, that's what made me switch to vaping full-time (I had already had thermovape to use in some situations, but then I discovered grasshopper backing early pre-order, and got the solo for my second and it was a slippery slope from there joining FC) I still to this day don't really like bongs or large pieces, the water pieces I use with my vapes now are smaller different designs...

I'm just the type of guy who enjoy a more weak prolonged effect with many hits in a prolonged span of time than an immediate strong one that goes away faster.

Yeah man, I get it, but this is why you should be getting a session vape to me, not an on-demand vape... One of the Arizer portables or MiniVap really makes sense then, or I mean, just build a huge collection already haha now you see why many of us have so many different vapes, truly!

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I think @Shit Snacks used to roll them pure and @GymWolf uses tobacco in their joints, so might explain your different experiences. With tobacco in rice papers the joint just dies down if you're not hitting it.

@GymWolf if it's duration you're after you might also consider something with a big bowl and adding other plants for example cbd flowers. Might help keep cost down a bit as well (spent on weed I mean).

GymWolf

So I don't remember cuz it's been so long, but I would take small draws using the chillum too? And it's funny because I found joints super harsh, no filter, way too much weed all at once in one hit, see the perspective irony lol

Okay no I hate smoking from bongs actually, I was able to do it like with other people doing it, and I had a little bong in college that I made, but then afterwards I got a larger bong and was so bad at hitting it, went too far, coughed up blood once, that's what made me switch to vaping full-time (I had already had thermovape to use in some situations, but then I discovered grasshopper backing early pre-order, and got the solo for my second and it was a slippery slope from there joining FC) I still to this day don't really like bongs or large pieces, the water pieces I use with my vapes now are smaller different designs...

Yeah man, I get it, but this is why you should be getting a session vape to me, not an on-demand vape... One of the Arizer portables or MiniVap really makes sense then, or I mean, just build a huge collection already haha now you see why many of us have so many different vapes, truly!
Like i said before, the problem with session type of vapes is that they cook your weed when you are not hitting and i hate the sensation of being "chased", i want to take my sweet time from a draw to another if i want to.

Like i told you, there was a period in my life where i stopped combusting entirely for like a year and a half, but when i returned from amsterdam after combusting my ass off to smoke hash it was fast descendance to full combustion once again, and that was mainly because in amsterdam i re-discovered the love for taking my sweet time while smoking instead of being obsessed with finishing the bowl on my session type vaporizer, i was enjoying the effect but not the experience.

That's why now i'm directly searching for an on demand device that conceptually works more like what my experiece with joints is, like you said your experience with joints was more of a session type so that's probably why it is harder to understand my way of thinking.

And if you add to that the need to save weed because now is absurdly pricey where i live, then you can understand how a session vape is no-go for me.

i have a perfectly working fierce that is almost perfect as a session device but i just don't like session vapes anymore.

@Abele Rizieri Ferrari
Yes, that's probably the main difference.

I think i tried to vaporize exhausted weed with new weed in the past but the taste was...terrible??!
I have fuzzy memory about that tbh.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Like i said before, the problem with session type of vapes is that they cook your weed when you are not hitting and i hate the sensation of being "chased", i want to take my sweet time from a draw to another if i want to.

Like i told you, there was a period in my life where i stopped combusting entirely for like a year and a half, but when i returned from amsterdam after combusting my ass off to smoke hash it was fast descendance to full combustion once again, and that was mainly because in amsterdam i re-discovered the love for taking my sweet time while smoking instead of being obsessed with finishing the bowl on my session type vaporizer.

That's why now i'm directly searching for an on demand device that conceptually works more like what my experiece with joints is, like you said your experience with joints was more of a session type so that's probably why it is harder to understand my way of thinking.

And if you add to that the need to save weed because now is absurdly pricey where i live, then you can understand how a session vape is no-go for me.

i have a perfectly working fierce that is almost perfect as a session device but i just don't like session vapes anymore.

@Abele Rizieri Ferrari
Yes, that's probably the main difference.

I think i tried to vaporize exhausted weed with new weed in the past but the taste was...terrible??!
I have fuzzy memory about that tbh.

Yeah I just am not sure it's going to be possible, the exact goal you have, yeah Fierce seems more like the joint experience to me, if you had session vapes hard enough that the heater has to recover, then less is lost but that's why up your convection session device like the MV could be good... Yeah I mean you know the options, just need to compromise, hey maybe the legacy pro is actually a good option I don't know lol

Oh okay and yeah if you're talking about a spliff, not a joint, I've always held that a joint is just with weed, a spliff mixes with tobacco, but terminologies are different everywhere just like the perspective on use style... I'm actually disgusted that I ever had smoked a spliff, makes me nauseous just thinking about it haha it was a terrible experience with headache having to sit down, because my friends like them, once I realized, I started then rolling my own tiny joint for those occasions when I was with a friend who wanted to roll a spliff... But yeah I'm disgusted that I ever smoked joints, no filter etc, but even more disgusted that I ever did that with a spliff :puke: I hate smoking, especially cigarettes so much, like walking around and people are always smoking cigarettes outside, even out on the porch neighbors, I really really hate it and I'm totally disgusted by it and don't understand why anyone would do it really aside from pure addiction? I am very biased lol

Sorry I have said all I can say now :rofl:

GymWolf

Yeah I just am not sure it's going to be possible, the exact goal you have, yeah Fierce seems more like the joint experience to me, if you had session vapes hard enough that the heater has to recover, then less is lost but that's why up your convection session device like the MV could be good... Yeah I mean you know the options, just need to compromise, hey maybe the legacy pro is actually a good option I don't know lol

Oh okay and yeah if you're talking about a spliff, not a joint, I've always held that a joint is just with weed, a spliff mixes with tobacco, but terminologies are different everywhere just like the perspective on use style... I'm actually disgusted that I ever had smoked a spliff, makes me nauseous just thinking about it haha it was a terrible experience with headache having to sit down, because my friends like them, once I realized, I started then rolling my own tiny joint for those occasions when I was with a friend who wanted to roll a spliff... But yeah I'm disgusted that I ever smoked joints, no filter etc, but even more disgusted that I ever did that with a spliff :puke: I hate smoking, especially cigarettes so much, like walking around and people are always smoking cigarettes outside, even out on the porch neighbors, I really really hate it and I'm totally disgusted by it and don't understand why anyone would do it really aside from pure addiction? I am very biased lol

Sorry I have said all I can say now :rofl:
The legacy pro does look sexy, not gonna lie, still investigating that one aswell.

For the record, i only use tobacco with weed, other than that i don't smoke pure cigarettes, strangely enough i hate the taste of pure tabacco (and i also use super light cigerettes that taste like nothing to not compromise the flavour of the weed that much and to be light on the throat)

Last edited:

fangorn

For the record, i only use tobacco with weed, other than that i don't smoke pure cigarettes, strangely enough i hate the taste of pure tabacco (and i also use super light cigerettes that taste like nothing to not compromise the flavour of the weed that much and to be light on the throat)

If you only smoke tobacco with your joints... to stop smoking completely... you will inevitably miss nicotine...
I quit smoking with the electronic cigarette. But I was still using tobacco in my joints. Stopping it was a difficult step!!

If you take a puff or two of weed with your vaporizer... and a few puffs of an e-cigarette, you can prolong your sessions a bit... or at least give your brain the impression

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Not to throw you a curve and derail you further, but have you considered the vapman?
If flavor is your top priority, the hits and flavor are in my experience unsurpassed by any other portable I've used, but it's torch powered and not exactly on demand.
I also like the Sticky Brick Runt and DLX Pro alot, both are on demand and also torch powered.
I'm away and I took my POTV One with me and it does the job keeping me in the zone but there are better options - however the One really shines while connected to a bong, and the ABV is very even. The One is my "out and about" portable but I'm looking for something along those lines but with better battery life and flavor, and a larger oven.

Ultimately I suggest that you build a collection of different high quality devices delving into the pre owned market when possible.

GymWolf

If you only smoke tobacco with your joints... to stop smoking completely... you will inevitably miss nicotine...
I quit smoking with the electronic cigarette. But I was still using tobacco in my joints. Stopping it was a difficult step!!

If you take a puff or two of weed with your vaporizer... and a few puffs of an e-cigarette, you can prolong your sessions a bit... or at least give your brain the impression
Back in the days i was a cigarette smoker and i completely stopped combusting (before discoveringg weed and joints) for like 1 year, it was not that difficult tbh, i guess nicotine doesn't have much handle on me, but yeah it is a small factor to consider when switching from combustion to vapor for someone who use tobacco in his joints.
Not to throw you a curve and derail you further, but have you considered the vapman?
If flavor is your top priority, the hits and flavor are in my experience unsurpassed by any other portable I've used, but it's torch powered and not exactly on demand.
I also like the Sticky Brick Runt and DLX Pro alot, both are on demand and also torch powered.
I'm away and I took my POTV One with me and it does the job keeping me in the zone but there are better options - however the One really shines while connected to a bong, and the ABV is very even. The One is my "out and about" portable but I'm looking for something along those lines but with better battery life and flavor, and a larger oven.

Ultimately I suggest that you build a collection of different high quality devices delving into the pre owned market when possible.
I don't care about flavour and fiddling with a lighter in a big nono unfortunately, also the bowl is a bit too small.

But i always liked how that device look and work, it's just not for me.

If i'm gonna stop smoking entirely i'm sure my VAS is gonna kick in, i'm already thinking about buying a volcano and an induction heater for my dynavap to be always prepared for any occasion:D

Last edited:
GymWolf,
Reactions: jeffp

DeadRabb1t

Company Rep

This! I too used tobacco in joints so when I quit I used a ecig alongside my vape for the 1st month tapering off the nicotine. It would have been really hard if I didn't do that.

The device you want is a unicorn I feel and you will need to make some sort of compromise in regards to things. A brief scan of the various suggestions and I'm with the xmax v3 pro team as first port of call unless we can twiddle some requirements? 😊

DeadRabb1t,
Reactions: Cheebsy

GymWolf

This! I too used tobacco in joints so when I quit I used a ecig alongside my vape for the 1st month tapering off the nicotine. It would have been really hard if I didn't do that.

The device you want is a unicorn I feel and you will need to make some sort of compromise in regards to things. A brief scan of the various suggestions and I'm with the xmax v3 pro team as first port of call unless we can twiddle some requirements? 😊
What makes it a unicorn exactly??

The number of hits i want from it?

Because you can read @Abele Rizieri Ferrari latest posts in the last 2-3 pages of the xmax vaporizer and he gets a bit short of 30 hits from a single bowl from his device while using temp step in session mode where your weed cook a bit more between hits than on demand mode and the xmax has a pretty small bowl...

Is it the instant heating...for an on demand device??!

Decent battery life? Easy maintainance? Decently cooled vapor without waterpiece?

I sincerely fail to understand what is absurd or unicorn-y in my request when i read people in here asking for way more features, water attachments, great flavours, super isolated airpath etc that i never even asked for...

I think people get confused by my joint comparison but that is my personal comparison, this is how I visualize my usage, but i'm not actually asking for something out of this world...the fact that an old device like the grasshopper was already so close to my perfect device gave me hope to find the perfect device after 3-4 years of advancement in the vaporizer field and that's why i asked here.

Again, sorry if i sound like a jackass but i really fail to see the unicorn here...

GymWolf,

Kaptan

We’ll you seem to be contradicting yourself in your vape needs. You say you want a vape that can prolong a session, but then you state the GrassHopper was almost perfect. IME, the GrassHopper bowl filled, even temp stepping, only allowed for 3-4 hits before the bowl is cashed. Your 2 top contending vapes are very easy to decide upon. The Xmax v3 pro is comparable to a Toyota Corolla. It’ll get you from A to B, but it’s a no frills ride and it’s gonna take a while. The TinyMight is comparable to a Lamborghini. You’re gonna get there much quicker and have more time for other things, like video games. In addition, IMO, 1 stem in the TinyMight > 2 bowls in the Xmax v3 pro.

DeadRabb1t

Company Rep
I have an xmax v3 in my pocket at the moment and it is not an on demand device by any stretch of the imagination, also what one earth gives you the idea that the session and on demand modes differ in how the weed heats? If anything on demand mode would be significantly worse due to the need to reheat the weed back to the correct temperature and any conduction left in the oven on the cooldowns

Your four pages in to a thread where as far I can see you haven't made a single comprise on your requirements from any of the feedback from the members.

For the record your list is pretty much my ideal vape let me know when you find it please 👍

In the meantime it's back to the xmax v3 for me, it's on its 2nd run through session mode on max now and I'm just sipping while gardening and it's still happily producing vapour but I'm not trying to cash to bowl it's just sips as such

GymWolf

We’ll you seem to be contradicting yourself in your vape needs. You say you want a vape that can prolong a session, but then you state the GrassHopper was almost perfect. IME, the GrassHopper bowl filled, even temp stepping, only allowed for 3-4 hits before the bowl is cashed. Your 2 top contending vapes are very easy to decide upon. The Xmax v3 pro is comparable to a Toyota Corolla. It’ll get you from A to B, but it’s a no frills ride and it’s gonna take a while. The TinyMight is comparable to a Lamborghini. You’re gonna get there much quicker and have more time for other things, like video games. In addition, IMO, 1 stem in the TinyMight > 2 bowls in the Xmax v3 pro.
The grasshopper was almost perfect but i stated the flaws of that device many times, from the super harsh vapor to the short battery life to the small bowl, and yeah it was no good with prolonging bowls, maybe i was bit generous with the "almost perfect" thing, i admit that, my bad:D

The plus were the sleek form factor, instant on demand without even need to keep pushing a button (gigantic plus point), kinda precise temp control, easy to maintain, robust body, easy to load and unload, removable batteries and the fact that it was kinda of an heavy hitter on paper even if vapor was too harsh on high temps to really enjoy that part, it never got me more medicated than some other devices tbh.
You put a decent mouthpiece with some internal cooling, a way bigger bowl to get more hits and bigger battery (and maybe a vibration or some led to indicate temps etc.) and you pretty much have my ideal device, after 3-4 years i thought that someone could have made a device like that, when i started combusting again i basically stopped watching vaporization rewiews or visiting this forum so i was pretty misinformed when i opened this topic.

If i remember well i got like 6-8 hits with temp step but i wasn't capable to prolong a bowl more than that because like i said, the vapor was too harsh on high temps.

@DeadRabb1t dude literally every review about on demand vaporizers talk about how they are better than session mode to not cook your herb when you are not taking a puff, you have an example in the first pages of the xmax where a guy tried to keep the weed in the bowl in session mode without inhaling and at the end his weed was a bit more brownish, so yeah session mode where the heater is always on to keep the temp you chose does cook your herb a little because of the radiant heat, at least this is my understanding of how it works.

In on demand mode you reach temp on a couple of seconds (optimally) so your weed only really cook when you hit, addittionaly you can stop pressing the fire button 1-2 second before finishing a hit to start the cool down even sooner.

And i'm taking into account every info from the other members, i even had some fun and instructive discussions with some of them, but unless you wanna see every topic in askFC ending after a couple of advises, this is pretty normal for a topic where people ask this type of questions.
I know that i have to compromise, i'm still trying to decide what to buy, do i have a time limit imposed by someone that i'm unaware of?
Every day of info that i get from here or other places is gonna help me to make a better choice, i can assure you that i'm not the type of guy who ends up not buying anything and wasting everyone's time, i'm on the costant edge of (possibly) wasting 500 euros (because i'm probably gonna buy 2 devices to cover different scenarios) so excuse me if i'm taking my sweet time to decide:p

I'm gonna let you know if i ever gonna find the holy graal, i got your back buddy:D

Last edited:
GymWolf,
  • Haha
Reactions: Petetbay

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Could it be the tobacco that helps yield 20-30 hits from a small bowl?
But I want to say that I don't think more hits necessarily mean more effect.

I like the idea of purchasing two devices. That will keep things interesting, each can fill a need that the other may not.
I think most of us are still looking for that Goldilocks vape, and so are the various manufacturers.
Even folks with the best of the best are usually eyeing the new new thing.

DeadRabb1t

Company Rep
🤷🏻 the xmax v3 pro is not an on demand vape, it has a mode labeled "on demand" but the only on demand part of it is that it starts up the heater seemingly a tad more aggressively than in session mode it still takes ages. During that time the metal bowl still gets warm exactly in the same manner as using session mode,6 on demand pulls would be approximately 3mins of session use with the associated warm up and cooldown of both the herb and oven chamber during that time.

I'm not trying to be a dick honestly maybe I need to use more emojis but your right "on demand" is better 👍🙌 but not on the xmax not when your using cooking of herb as a reason.

Stempod/milaana/dreamwood/sticky brick(and all other bricks) are all on demand you press a button vapour happens you let go it's stops once the radiant calories are lost in the system due to the nature of the bowl and positioning to the heat source they all stop on demand too. 👍😊 However they don't meet any of your other criteria sorry they are just examples of on demand

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I think it's because you smoke joints like a one hitter which is pretty unusual.

You have a lot of feature requests, but if you strip all those back you basically just want a vape to hit while playing video games. Pretty much every device suggested would work just fine for that, I've played games before and there's plenty of time to get stoned.

The closest thing to what you're looking for is a wax pen.
Going down the line i'd be looking at Volcano, Silver Surfer/Ditanium, or a log with preloaded stems. Any of these will put you in the ballpark of what you want. Yes you'll have to deal with a power cord or a whip, who cares? At least you don't have to waste time rolling and igniting stinky joints. Besides, I'm sure your gaming setup has pesky power cables too, you can plug your vape into the same outlet as that.

IMO a log with preloaded stems is as close as you'll get to using a joint as a one hitter. But I don't really think you're that sold on vaporizing to be honest.

GymWolf

Could it be the tobacco that helps yield 20-30 hits from a small bowl?
But I want to say that I don't think more hits necessarily mean more effect.

I like the idea of purchasing two devices. That will keep things interesting, each can fill a need that the other may not.
I think most of us are still looking for that Goldilocks vape, and so are the various manufacturers.
Even folks with the best of the best are usually eyeing the new new thing.
I...don't use tobacco on my vaporizer:D

I know that more hits means weaker hits because the extraction is slower, i just prefer to have a larger number of hits to prolong maybe a weaker effect, and if i want an immediate big smokey hit i can just put the damn thing on max temp instead of making many hits with temp step.

I kinda need to buy 2 or more devices because a single device is not good for every occasion between outside, at the beach, etc.

@DeadRabb1t my comparison between on demand and session was not strict to the xmax but more broad (i'm investigating 3-4 on demand devices afterall), and what you say is exactly what i was investigating\why i was dubious about the xmax 3, you can read my questions about heating time and residual heating in the chamber in here (i think) and on the xmax 3 dedicated topic but i received mixed opinions.
no need to overuse emoticons if you don't feel like it, i use them because i'm used from many years in other forums.

@invertedisdead

Not sure how a one hitter where you search the big strong hit and need to be loaded and unloaded after every hit has anything to do with what i search in a vaporizer or even the way i smoke joint since it is literally the opposite of what i search, but okay...i don't even limit myself to one hit at the time when i smoke joints, it's usually more like 2-3-4 depends on the potency, how small is the filter etc, but i was never really a fan of one hitter so i could be missing the similarity.

Videogames are just an example, the same exact device would be super useful outside where i can just take a draw at irregulat times and put it on my pocket without being obsessed by the "session" or my weed cooking in my pocket or when i watch a movie and i just want to take draw when i feel like it, i don't like that the vaporizer dictate how faster i need to finish a bowl, i don't know how explain this concept any better.

My way of smoking joints is the same of millions of other stoners, you can enter any coffeeshop or place where people smoke weed and seeing people taking a hit then putting the joint in the ashtray and continue to do what they are doing, drinking, watching their phone, talking to people and when they feel like it, they take another puff at irregular times until the joint is done, sure you have your compulsive smoker that end a joint in 5 min, but both type of smokers e exist in abundance.

Not to cite troy again, but during the review of an on demand device (the tm or the xmax) he literally joked about how stoners take a puff and then go do other thing\forget about it and how on demand device serve that purpose.

About the devices, i'm surely gonna end buying a volcano, having a cord in that one is a non-problem because you actually take the hits from the ballons that are "wireless", and from my testing in amsterdam (althought with a lot of weed in the bowl) the way you can prolong a bowl is nothing short of amazing, if you read through the topic you can read how much i love that thing.
Back in the days when i started vaporizing i looked into log vapes, i think that e-nano and underdog where THE shit during that period, even back then i was fascinated by their on demand capability but they were not available in europe.

As of right now, my possible combo of devices to remain into the 500 euros territory are:

Tinymight + portable induction heater for my ti woody (and later upgrade to a dynacap variant with a bigger bowl, maybe an anvil)

Xmax 3 + volcano + portable induction heater.

About not being fully on board with vaporization, back in the day i had a period of a year and a half with zero combustion so i know for sure that it can happen again, not sure if it's gonna happen again, but that's why i'm here and asking question and studyi g to make the best purchse i can.

Last edited:

maremaresing

🤷🏻 the xmax v3 pro is not an on demand vape, it has a mode labeled "on demand" but the only on demand part of it is that it starts up the heater seemingly a tad more aggressively than in session mode it still takes ages. During that time the metal bowl still gets warm exactly in the same manner as using session mode,6 on demand pulls would be approximately 3mins of session use with the associated warm up and cooldown of both the herb and oven chamber during that time.

I'm not trying to be a dick honestly maybe I need to use more emojis but your right "on demand" is better 👍🙌 but not on the xmax not when your using cooking of herb as a reason.

Stempod/milaana/dreamwood/sticky brick(and all other bricks) are all on demand you press a button vapour happens you let go it's stops once the radiant calories are lost in the system due to the nature of the bowl and positioning to the heat source they all stop on demand too. 👍😊 However they don't meet any of your other criteria sorry they are just examples of on demand

This is correct, and something that annoys me as well. The V3 Pro is no more "on demand" than a session device that you turn off after a hit or half and do a cool down pull. It's an great device for a great price, but that's why I sold it since it wasn't what I was looking for.

On demand vaping is what I actually want these days, and the Nova has been awesome for that (if you want to go butane).

Shit Snacks

In the last paragraph where you describe on demand, that is exactly how I used the XMax, so I totally disagree with you saying that it is not on demand... I pressed the button, and I take my hit, let go, keep inhaling to clear, just like I would with TM Milaana Bricks etc... Just because it does not heat up instant, does not make it not on demand :2c: :peace:

Back in the days when i started vaporizing i looked into log vapes, i think that e-nano and underdog where THE shit during that period, even back then i was fascinated by their on demand capability but they were not available in europe.

Not easy to get but what about Lamart Tetra? I think it might be a bit better at the slow extraction and larger bowl, although heater does like a good heat soak especially on demand so you can just preheat... They are going to be doing a drop soon if you keep an eye out!

If you could score RBT vapes they would also fit your purpose well...

Anyway there are log vapes to get in the EU now, there are a couple makers who specifically are in Europe, but also Alan can send his heat island anywhere, just email him Alan@toasty-top.com to see what he has in stock, you can get a log from him all set together cheaper than anywhere else and they are very nice and simple...

GymWolf

I already tried with that one!😄
Came close, but a near-miss was recorded in the ledger.

What about a Minivap?
A bit too big (not a deal breaker) and no on demand.

But i'm watching a couple of reviews because i'm trying to be more open minded and i don't really know much about the device.

In the first rewiew i'm watching it seems like the lower temp setting is 185-190C? a bit too high for doing temp step like i usually do starting around 170C.

Top Bottom