• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Musicians. What instruments do you play?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
it's possible psilocybin is more therapeutic than thc/cbd?

Yes! IMO our species has likely spent even more time around psychotropic mushrooms than cannabis. Cannabis needs to be heated or degraded in some way to activate THCA into psychoactive THC, psilocybin readily bonds with serotonin receptors in its raw format which suggests more evolved usage. In other words, it was likely possible to have a profound physical/mental/emotional experience with psychotropic mushrooms long before anyone knew how to smoke herb. Terrence McKenna’s “stoned ape” theory is based on this.

IMO it is not a coincidence that glandular trichomes look exactly like psychedelic mushrooms.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
A couple of edits need fixing in the video I just noticed, but this has been what it sounds like at my 'workplace' this last week :)

EmDeemo,

Chandler

@EmDeemo that video gave me a 'manchurian candidate' vibe. Was I being brainwashed? Interesting, unsettling n cool at the same time.

By 'workplace' = 'music/creationspace'... Or your actual 'job'?

Chandler,
Reactions: EmDeemo

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Excellent! I asked @Stu to save this thread from NFC, and here we are! :) Thanks, mods and molds!

@Chandler, I am not a working person outside, but I try and put time into music, and have a 'home studio' (my living room). The walls are full of bass traps/sonic treatment, and I've been at this for about 20 years plus, on and off, mostly getting nowhere :) I have severe issues of Pathological Demand Avoidance, so I have to trick myself into working on anything I actually want to do. It kind of means Im a disaster at everything I want to do, but I do watch a lot of tutorials and learn a lot. I've learned to be happy with the little I get done, and embrace my 'outsider art' potential status :)

Hence doing remixes for other people, gives me the stress of having to get something done for someone else, not just for me, and means its more likely to happen. And hence whatever the hell that track I posted above is :) The guy I was doing the remix for is very happy with it and it only took me four hours, including the video, so I'll take all that as a positive :)

EDIT: Todays learning -

Last edited:

Chandler

Excellent! I asked @Stu to save this thread from NFC, and here we are! :) Thanks, mods and molds!
Gratitude!
I have severe issues of Pathological Demand Avoidance, so I have to trick myself into working on anything I actually want to do.
Lmao. Think I suffer from the same thing! You're aware of and can diagnose your own condition!? That means your not suffering, but coping!?
Hence doing remixes for other people, gives me the stress of having to get something done for someone else, not just for me, and means its more likely to happen. And hence whatever the hell that track I posted above is :) The guy I was doing the remix for is very happy with it and it only took me four hours, including the video, so I'll take all that as a positive :)
ok! So that was you! That's makes it even more interesting! Very cool

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Lmao. Think I suffer from the same thing! You're aware of and can diagnose your own condition!? That means your not suffering, but coping!?
ok! So that was you! That's makes it even more interesting! Very cool

Fully diagnosed and on pharmaceutical medication. Autism up the wazoo, and co morbid conditions as the icing on the cake. I dont self diagnose as I'm not a trained professional. Each to their own and all but I find self diagnosing to be dangerous and largely arbitrary.

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
I've played lots of instruments over the years - drums, harmonica and pretty much anything with strings. I've played mandolin, guitar and bass in a few different bands. I'm trying to learn music theory now and I'm mainly focusing on my upright bass and guitar fingerpicking/slide.
The advice I always give is to play with other people, especially if they're more skilled than you. It doesn't matter how good you are - music is not a competition. Have fun with it.

TakoyakiFreeride

Shady Character
Nothing in nearly 20 years, but I used to play drums and bass semi-pro from the late 80s to the early 00s, and played guitar and keys for recording from the early 80s. Now I just look at guitars occasionally and go, "Nope, still sick of it."

TakoyakiFreeride

Shady Character
Damn @TakoyakiFreeride you played and recorded music for decades until you were sick of it!? That sounds like a sad story with a bad ending. What pushed you over the edge n brought about the current outlook?

For me the older I get the more I'm amazed by instruments. The more proficient I become on guitar, the more exciting my outlook!

The industry burned me out, too much time trying herd cats that didn't want to be herded, too many 20+ hour days, too little fun in return. By the time I hit the end, the playing and the business were all wrapped up together and I just walked away.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I done another poop!

https://soundcloud.com/ear%2Fps1
Not written by me, but produced and mixed by me. I think its finished? Maybe too much distortion. I dunno. Anyway, I'd never write anything like that personally, tho I believe it maybe a bit of 'banger', as the kids call it ;)

EmDeemo,

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
@EmDeemo the links broken (from a phone perspective) could you reupload?

Maybe a couple of refreshes or a different browser would work? The link is fine on my phone, on the pc, on a friends pc, I've just enabled downloads in case that helps too. Not sure whats going on with it, but the tracks definitely there and working! :)

I asked the guy who I did the mix for 'what kinda music is this?', what with it not being my scene at all, apparently its some form of two step/garage, quite outside my realm of understanding (genres confuse me, its all just music).

EmDeemo,
Reactions: Chandler

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I cannot recommend this work highly enough...

41hedbeo3yL.jpg

Chandler

@EmDeemo i noticed that. I finally logged on via laptop n the link was gone. Or rather when it brought me to Soundcloud, the file didn't exist. I don't understand why my phone was showing it properly originally!

I keep looking at guitars. I don't need another one. I want another one. A travel friendly sized one. I'm eyeing a Taylor GS mini... I'm also hoping the smaller size will eleviate a degree of stress on my wrist. I wanted someone to talk me out of it. BUT, while I shouldn't be spending during this covid mess. (especially having my company shut down with no severance), I was about to purchase a $400 tiny might (converted to CAD including taxes, shipping, duties). Just to add to my $1000's of dollars of vape equipment. Chill on VAS, build my guitarsenal! The better life long choice. I also like the idea of having a second guitar simply for reference, and the odd time where a second guitarist is present!

Y'all still making music out there?

Edit *

@EmDeemo thank you! You buying gear inspires me to buy more gear! Watched a couple vids on the harmonicon. A very cool device! Interested to see what you do with it

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
@EmDeemo i noticed that. I finally logged on via laptop n the link was gone. Or rather when it brought me to Soundcloud, the file didn't exist. I don't understand why my phone was showing it properly originally!

The track was up for about a day, so it would have shown as there, then I got a message saying he wasnt happy and I deleted it. His loss, for now :) EDIT: There was a video to go with the track that I posted here too, but I asked the mods to delete the post and obviously I deleted the video :) For now :)

I keep looking at guitars. I don't need another one. I want another one. A travel friendly sized one. I'm eyeing a Taylor GS mini... I'm also hoping the smaller size will eleviate a degree of stress on my wrist. I wanted someone to talk me out of it. BUT, while I shouldn't be spending during this covid mess. (especially having my company shut down with no severance), I was about to purchase a $400 tiny might (converted to CAD including taxes, shipping, duties). Just to add to my $1000's of dollars of vape equipment. Chill on VAS, build my guitarsenal! The better life long choice. I also like the idea of having a second guitar simply for reference, and the odd time where a second guitarist is present!

Y'all still making music out there?

Edit *

@EmDeemo thank you! You buying gear inspires me to buy more gear! Watched a couple vids on the harmonicon. A very cool device! Interested to see what you do with it

Each of my purchases gets thought about for months. This one a little less so, but much like you, I have the money now and... Goddammit, I got no excuses, I am a consumer whore :D

However, enjoy your guitar purchase! Report back if its alleviated your issues or not!

EDIT: Bar buying a new PC, this is easily the most expensive musical purchase I've ever made. I hope I get the use out of it, if not, 30 day money back no quibble guarantee :)

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
When there was a Guitar Center nearby, one of my fav past times was going into the inner guitar room for an hour or so and coming out of the store with no purchase at all. Weekday mornings were the best!

If you're having some wrist trouble, be sure to play-test the guitars in which you're interested; pay attention to the shape of the neck (&width!) and where your arms, wrists and hands are positioned when you're holding/playing the guitar. The smaller travel guitars can be very cool but usually don't sit in your lap the same as a full size. I suppose my caution is, if you're not careful things could get worse...

I have a Martin backpacker and it's unique body shape makes its impossible to play any way other than with a strap. It's neck is absolutely a Martin neck, very comfortable for me. It's tone quality won't rate compared to Taylor's baby, etc. (the body is just too small) but between the feel of the neck and a great little plunky attack, it's fun to play; at the time I got it, it was on sale for $179. Several of my vapes cost more than that! :lol:

I'm just trying to add some perspective for your search. Second guitars are nice to have around, especially if you like to play in different tunings.

The wrist problem should maybe be considered before your new guitar. Consider the things I mentioned, like, how you're holding the instrument, etc. related to your current guitar. I joke with one of my buddies that, the older I get, the shorter my guitar strap has become -- having the neck up higher makes it easier for my left hand to get up around the neck...finally, after many decades, a nod to the classical players.

Have fun.

dorkus_molorkus

I dont have a musical bone in my body.
However Mrs Dorkus does play a mean one eyed flute.

Back in the day she couldnt practice enough, she'd be blowing tunes all over the place for anyone interested.

20yrs ago you should have seen her at my mates 21st, the stripper was quite put out at how good she was.

But that was a long time ago now.
She doesnt play it very often these days, though sometimes after a few wines I will whip it out & encourage her to hum a few bars.

Once a few people start applauding & taking pics etc, she gets right into it & can build quite the head of steam keeping a great rhythm.

Forever being the attention seeker, she likes an explosive crescendo finish & hey truth be told so do I.

My uncle Eric is a real fan, he really gets into it & she was the star at my soccer teams grand final after party.

Chandler

@vapviking i appreciate the advice! You are very correct. I need to be aware of how I'm sitting, elbows in, hand position etc. Eliminate bad habits to ingrain positive muscle memory!! I've also adopted a classical style of playing. The guitar I rest on my left leg very similar to a classical player with the neck up high. I don't find comfort playing the way avg guitarist does.

I spent a few weeks studying the Martin backpacker. That was the first travel size guitar I was looking at. Then I moved on to the smaller form with the best sound. I'm seeing through hundreds of reviews, the sound from a gs mini is amongst the top in this smaller form.
I will have a travel companion. I don't see myself lugging around a full sized guitar. Get the companion now so I can adjust n have piece of mind for the future when travel resumes.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE

I have never had this much fun with a musical instrument before. Im stunned that I understand this damn thing completely.

Highly recommended by me :) Only had it less than a week tho.

Top Bottom