Music from the mid 60's to late 70's (when creative genius reigned..)

grampa_herb

Epstein didn't kill himself
I hesitated to post this because it wasn't a favourite, but consider it a random contribution.
Not really a fan, but I saw him open for the Grateful Dead in Boulder in 1980 outside at Folsom field. It was my first Dead show, I was with my future-ex-wife and we were both shrooming pretty good. Zevon had apparently got himself cleaned up and was on a health kick. He was lean, fit, and looked like he was doing an aerobic class, jumping around the stage shirtless. Kinda bizarre and could not end soon enough.

Skunkport

I just got high and wrote a vaping parody of I'm a believer...is this the right place for that?

I thought breath was only good in fairy tales
Smooth for someone else but not for me
Smoke was out to get me
That's the way it seemed
I'd wake up coughing from my dreams

Then I bought a vape, now I'm a good breather
Not a trace of doubt in my mind
I'm in love
I'm a good breather, I couldn't smoke it if I tried

I thought weed was more or less a giving thing
Seems the more I had the more I'd cough
What's the use in tryin'
All you get is pain?
When I needed sunshine, I got rain
I'm in love
I'm a good breather, I couldn't smoke it if I tried
Oh
Oh, smoke was out to get me
That's the way it seemed
I'd wake up coughing from my dreams

I'm in love
I'm a good breather, I couldn't leave her if I tried
Yes, I bought a vape, now I'm a good breather
Said, I'm a good breather, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah (I'm a good breather)
Said, I'm a good breather, yeah (I'm a good breather)
I said, I'm a good breather yeah (I'm a good breather)

Summer

Long Island, NY
You can't truly appreciate this if you're listening on a phone, unless you got great headphones. If you have, play it on a stereo; the equalizer makes all the difference. :drool: I just heard it on the local oldies AM channel.

Anyway, this is for listening to "after vaping." :chill:And I'm dedicating it to all you FC men of a particular age who remember it.
Have a blessed day, all! :leaf:

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
I also love the 60's bubblegum music.

I saw Herman's Hermits live 3x between 2016 & 17. Such a fun show! And Peter can still sing great. Watch the next vid that plays after this one & & you'll see how much fun. Part of his concert is a Germán Beer Barrel Festival sing along.

And this unrecorded (I can't believe it!) version of Children Behave that's magnificent! You have to listen to this only after you vape & are in the zone. I saw Tommy is concert twice those years. The song is stunning slowed down -- much the same as Neil Sedaka's Breaking up is hard to do. And he still has the chops, err, pipes. :nod:

You absolutely must watch all 3! The last vid is from the concert I went to & the first is one I might have gone to. :shrug::leaf:
Sadly, their are only a handful of these recordings. (I gotta remember to download these asap!)

*Just promise me you will be well-vaped when you listen. :spliff: Like I am now. :D

Last edited:

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
Stephen Stills = Guitar God -
Crossroads/ You Can't Catch Me

"Stephen Stills, recorded live in 1983, on the Rock & Roll Tonight TV program. What an insane
performance.
Guitar God, meet Mr. Stephen Stills"

Silat,
Reactions: macbill
Top Bottom