MUSA Wooden Vape

Axel_420

Does Musa 2.0 has the 14 mm male joint that connect itself with the bowl, right?
How much do you put more or less in the bowl? Has anyone tried microdosing with the bowl the vaporizer comes with or have you also tried third-party bowls, for microdosing or not?

Axel_420,

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
I'm sorry if this has been discussed - why is the dektop unit's plug at the bottom now? I thought the earlier design with the wooden base looked nice :) Is this to keep the unit cooler?

Haze Mister,

Axel_420

@Razhumikin do you think that the 18 mm injector is suitable for small doses (about 0.1 or less) or something with a 14 mm injector, for example CouchLog, would be better for it? I mean efficiency in general, not for higher extraction speed. I have no experience.

Axel_420,

Razhumikin

@Razhumikin do you think that the 18 mm injector is suitable for small doses (about 0.1 or less) or something with a 14 mm injector, for example CouchLog, would be better for it? I mean efficiency in general, not for higher extraction speed. I have no experience.
An 18mm injector vape is def not the way to go for efficiency, and, although its slightly better in that regard, a 14mm injector isnt really either. I dont wanna get too off topic for this thread but i recommend you look through some of the ask fc threads if you have those kind if questions, i think youll find it quite informative.

MUSA Vaporizer

Love, Peace and Harmony
Manufacturer
I'm sorry if this has been discussed - why is the dektop unit's plug at the bottom now? I thought the earlier design with the wooden base looked nice :) Is this to keep the unit cooler?
Thanks for asking! It has nothing to do with the heat.

I constructed the MUSA 1.0 for usage with a mouthpiece in the first place. But since I personally started to prefere using the vape with a bubbler, I wanted to improve it for this purpose.

The new design is way more lighter and smaller than the original design, which makes it very comfortable to use with a bubbler/bong. (Mouthpiece solutions are still possible)

Let me add a picture for size comparison.

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
An 18mm injector vape is def not the way to go for efficiency, and, although its slightly better in that regard, a 14mm injector isnt really either. I dont wanna get too off topic for this thread but i recommend you look through some of the ask fc threads if you have those kind if questions, i think youll find it quite informative.
What is "efficiency " in this context? Are we talking about how much of an effect you can get with a small amount of herb? ( I don't think Musa minds the slightly off topic bumping of the thread :) Or are we talking about the 510 version and battery life?
The new design is way more lighter and smaller than the original design, which makes it very comfortable to use with a bubbler/bong. (Mouthpiece solutions are still possible)
Good move!

Razhumikin

What is "efficiency " in this context? Are we talking about how much of an effect you can get with a small amount of herb? ( I don't think Musa minds the slightly off topic bumping of the thread :) Or are we talking about the 510 version and battery life?

Good move!
My understanding is he was asking what vapes are best for getting the most out of a small amount of herb. With the musa you cant really use only a very small amount, because you have to at least cover the whole screen with weed. A smaller log like a ud sc3 or sc3+ or a 3/8 heat island would be better for that purpose.

MUSA Vaporizer

Love, Peace and Harmony
Manufacturer

Good move!
In this context I would rate efficiency on how much of the heated air travels directly through the material and not sideways.
If you put just a tiny pinch on the 20mm screen, you can also extract it, but you will also have a higher ratio of air in your vapor.

With the old MUSA bowls it was possible to do a little mod, to use it for microdosing. With the modded bowl I would consider it as very effective for microdosing as well.

Its a cutt off arizer basket screen inside the down stem.

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Right. I think a narrow and deep bowl is better for a small amount in terms of flavour too. If the herb is stacked in a column as opposed to laid out flat on the screen, I think you get better flavour in general. On the other hand, if the bowl is too deep, the herb at the bottom does not get vaped, and stirring it is a PITA.

I got a song called "Injector Bowl Blues"....

Knightsofcamelot

For microdosing I run a 14mm male to 18mm male with a basket screen on the 18mm side, then a 18mm female to 18mm female with the Musa on top, the bowl apparatus is held together with a metal K clip.

Vgoodiez in the states use to have an item called the microdose kit that had this bowl apparatus using grav glass

MUSA Vaporizer

Love, Peace and Harmony
Manufacturer

since i got the Musa i have been working to find a different set up as i really cannot stand the rimmed screen with metal touching glass…i tested this yesterday and i hope i am going to keep. the airflow is not as open, takes a little longer to reach temp, will see.
Love the look with the glass screen! :) I defenitly want to try this out myself.
But i can imagine, that it wasnt easy to install (Preventing too much pressure on the bulb from the top for example)

What i like about my version with the arizer basket is, that its easy to maintain (bulbexchange) and it also gives the top glass part a good protection. I saw Musa 1.0 customer pictures where i havent used the arizer basket and the top of the ns19 glass part had a splinted edge. With the arizer basket protection you dont have to mind using the vape without looking at it^^

Last edited:

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
since i got the Musa i have been working to find a different set up as i really cannot stand the rimmed screen with metal touching glass…i tested this yesterday and i hope i am going to keep. the airflow is not as open, takes a little longer to reach temp, will see.
That's awesome. There are fritted glass solutions that may offer better airflow? Otherwise a grid pattern for the holes rather than radial may allow a couple more holes in there?

Last edited:

MUSA Vaporizer

Love, Peace and Harmony
Manufacturer
That's awesome. There are fritted glass solutions that may offer better airflow? Otherwise a grid pattern for the holes rather than radial may allow a few more holes in there, which is all you need!
Maybe adding a screen between the glass and the balls would result in a better airflow as well @nasdri253
Not sure if the balls block the holes a little bit.

nasdri253

Maybe adding a screen between the glass and the balls would result in a better airflow as well @nasdri253
Not sure if the balls block the holes a little bit.
Yes i have considered as i well understand smaller holes would give a better airflow and air distribution. I also thought about the screen but so far i have not noticed anything unusual. Said that i will test this further more during the week.

Gomaruana

Are the musa bowls the ones from aliexpress?
I'm looking for a replacement bowl, would love to know what all the options are.

Gomaruana,

Razhumikin

I'm looking for a replacement bowl, would love to know what all the options are.
My musa bowl was from a local glassworker but Tobias told me that he can no longer get them due to it being too much work for too little profit to the glassblower. Any 18mm injector bowl should work, i also use the musa with the CC chalice bowl sometimes and it works fine.

nasdri253

i broke the one that came with the vape and have used the Herborizer bowls so far beside they are not cheap. Last week got some from Vgoodiez, the XL are good to use with the Musa and Herborizer too, surprisingly i like more the all glass compared to the ss screen, i mean they make a mess because everything gets pretty dirty too fast…and they are affordable. He has the model with the carb cap too or how do they call it not sure.

Top Bottom