MiniVAP Vaporizer

LAWTHEONE

CLOUDYWITHFOG/ZEROVISIBILITY
One of the major reasons I didn’t own this device years ago. It seem like every place that had it was the most unofficial websites on earth. It’s pretty pricey, so I was very concerned about making sure it was a legit site.

I purchased mine from this site. I purchased it straight from Spain and it got here very fast. I think within five days or something like that.

I was very concerned that I’d be throwing my money away. The device has been around for years and I didn’t know if it would be able to keep up with the times. This device has earned this way to my number 2 portable vaporizer. I use it exclusively on the go and through a bong. When I want hard hits and superior convection flavor, I load the basket on to the top and screw the top on. When you use it this way this week is 100% convection. Believe me, I have experimented several different ways. If I load herb in the top and keep it on high for a half hour, I don’t see any degradation. When you learn it for straight into the chamber, there’s definitely a significant amount of conduction that occurs. This is when I when I want that extra thump kick in power, I’ll load it directly into the chamber and use the larger basket to hold the material down. I spent so much time trying to figure out which way I enjoy this vape the best. When I ultimately figure it out is that I love this vape both ways. What I enjoy most about this vape is turning it on and not thinking about the battery. I usually Sesh a half hour most of the time. Within the half hour I can do 2 to 4 bowls, depending on a bunch of different variables. That’s just my pace, I could go much harder if I decided to.

The bottom line is, I would’ve own this vape a long time ago if they were more US suppliers or foreign suppliers I was familiar with.

This vape is the ABSOLUTE MONSTER!!!!

Goita

Has anyone tried the glass espresso caps or the glass starter kit? Interested to hear how it impacts performance.

Goita,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
The MiniVap is still my device of choice, definitively one of the most potent device in my arsenal. Still using it exclusively like a log vape, no more silicon nipples&basket screen for me, I repurposed one of my HomeGrown Log WPA (it does a perfect seal!) and one of my @Aezhenn stem for dry use!

Just posting in order to get feedbacks from users who tried the new glass basket, did that item brings something else to the experience?

Razhumikin

Yea, minivap is so good, it was my 2nd device after my volcano and it really opened my eyes to how good vaping could be. For a long time it was the only session vape I would use, now it shares that spot with the BAK. The minivap will always have a place in my rotation and in my heart.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Just posting in order to get feedbacks from users who tried the new glass basket, did that item brings something else to the experience?
I tried the glass "basket" and was confused and disappointed. It has no screen in either end, made a big mess as far as I was concerned. And way too hot to handle for quick refills. I didn't fool with it long enough to know if it improved anything. I have the white teflon tube in there.
I use baskets and flexicone more or less straight into glass dimpled u-hook. OR my modded Bowle stem-acting as j-hook. Big plus to that one, I worked with Ratchet at 3d studios on this little adapter,

Sorry if I'm off topic a little here.

kimura

miniVAP is at the highest level in terms of effect. Also one of the very best for flavor. Flexicone basket system is a godsend for clean freaks like me, and lets you choose between pure convection and hybrid heating on the same device (direct load vs basket). It may be my all time favorite. I’ve had at least one for about 9 years now and everything else gets compared to it, usually coming up short in one way or another

MinnBobber

miniVAP is at the highest level in terms of effect. Also one of the very best for flavor. Flexicone basket system is a godsend for clean freaks like me, and lets you choose between pure convection and hybrid heating on the same device (direct load vs basket). It may be my all time favorite. I’ve had at least one for about 9 years now and everything else gets compared to it, usually coming up short in one way or another
X2
And, it is a top desktop AND a top “backpack portable “ with the longest battery time.

Flexicone modules = best loading system

lazylathe

Almost there...
I need someone to try the new hybrid heating Quartz model and give us a review + video of the hits it gives! Seems like their best model to date. I’m a fan of how this device keeps getting perfected over the years.
I have been mulling over sending my OG Teflon unit in for a heater upgrade!
I already have the OG Teflon as well as the newer Glass Core. The GC is an absolute beast!

Once I am working again, I will send it in to Jorge for the upgrade!

Also wanted to add that my OG Teflon unit is more than 10 years old now as well as the battery and both still function perfectly!
Battery does not last for 3 hours anymore though... Maybe an hour and a half these days.

aniceto

@Finessseee recently requested a comparison regarding convenience between the E-nano and the MV in another thread, so I thought it would be good to have it in this thread? if that's not allowed please delete this post.

Yeah it seems like I can upgrade my Arizer portable to the MV and keep my Dyna for quicker on demand microdosing hits. A MV and Dyna combo seems like a suitable combo for my daily needs. I’d be upgrading my Arizer portable while also getting log capabilities after heat soaking.
I reached out to Jorge directly and he made an awesome suggestion if I ever plan to buy one..

“If you plan is to buy a portable, there are a few colors to combine with black if you want, in example: black lid and black core, plus gold/blue/fuchsia battery.

To get more than 10% off, we can offer 20% in some pieces with small cosmetic faults (like scratches or anodizing stains). In this case, the main core could be green, fuchsia or black. If you like this option, I would check deep and maybe give you more color options.

Regarding the discounts, we are a small company and it's difficult to offer big discounts for BF. Our margins are quite small in comparison with other products that are massively manufactured or with big distributors which want to clean stock or close the year with better income statements.

In addition, we can offer you a customized temperature calibration and the option to choose high or low drag in the heat exchanger. High drag provides high temperature stability for high airflow, giving a stronger extraction. If you prefer an opened airflow with low inhalation effort, you can choose also this option on any core you choose: hybrid or convection.”

I’d probably go with the new Hybrid Quartz Core (365° F - 482° F) which will most likely hit harder, while also be easier to inhale from an airflow standpoint.. + High drag customization for the ultimate stronger extraction. I’ve never heard of a Vape Company offering specific modified settings like this which is equally unique and awesome!
Jorge is just as awesome as the device. You are never sure whether you are dealing with an artisan vape or an industrial vape. It sits in a weird spot right in the middle, weird in a good way. I had mine tuned a year ago too, tons of options. Same goes for those moving parts, they're meant to fit every person and every style but once you have yours figured out it's a really simple vape.

EDIT:

btw, when I said the the MV feels to me like a convenient log vape I meant the whole interface, not just the one hand or two hand thing.

- No stirring.
- Cordless.
- 3h battery life.
- Charging dock (you don't need to deal with any cable every time you need to recharge, just place it there)
- 10min auto shutoff (instead of the mighty's 2 min I think it was)
- Draw detection, so 10 min auto shutoff resets.
- Basket system to keep the device ultra clean. Nearly as easy to clean as the Arizer Solo/E-nano.
- Last draw just as strong as first draw off the battery.
- One handed.
- No glass => careless vaping, yet having excellent vapor and flavour.
- 2 min preheat vs the 10-15 min of the nano.

All these details add up and make for an ultra smooth experience. It's as close as set and forget as it gets, it's the most careless device I know.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
If anyone has been holding off on a Minivap, I just noticed Chosty, has both the 4 temp PEEK and the 7 temp glass core for around $280. The battery life says 3 hours so I’m not sure they’re the most recent update but certainly still a great deal…

Chosty Minivap items
Oh, I was tempted, I had not previously seen the 15% additionally off at checkout.
BUT that expired on 28th. Today it's gone...

Question. I have a Teflon core MV and wonder which I would choose.
I tend to use wpa and dry glass for some cooling my older passageways need...

I'm kinda thinking the glass core might require less of a long draw, as the convection Teflon core does seem to need? Maybe easier draw, still voluminous clouds with vg flavor? Does flavor take a back seat with the glass core?
Any qualitative differences you folks might shed light on for me?

Choices

Oh, I was tempted, I had not previously seen the 15% additionally off at checkout.

I'm kinda thinking the glass core might require less of a long draw, as the convection Teflon core does seem to need? Maybe easier draw, still voluminous clouds with vg flavor? Does flavor take a back seat with the glass core?
I tried using the decarb kit and achieved this result. Hits are a little more “well done” but still plenty of flavor for me. I did get the glass kit and wpa from Chosty. I’ll report back if the glass insert performs differently. Could be a solution or just another option to consider…

lazylathe

Almost there...

I have owned a MV for over 10 years now and it still works just like day one!! Still using the original battery pack as well although it does not last 3 hours anymore... Still enough charge for 5 or so sessions though!

My OG was the Teflon core and while it takes an age to heat up, it is the best for flavor!!
My Glass core with the quicker heat up time does not taste as good but provides massive clouds!
I find the flavor to last a bit longer with the Teflon than it does with the gkass, especially when you are just sitting and relaxing with a bowl over a period of time.
If you want to hit it on Red with a WT, then the Glass core is for you!

I am thinking of sending in my old Teflon core and having it replaced with their newest Convection core, the PTFE-QzC.
Also the new 7 temp settings look so much better!!!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I tried using the decarb kit and achieved this result. Hits are a little more “well done” but still plenty of flavor for me. I did get the glass kit and wpa from Chosty. I’ll report back if the glass insert performs differently. Could be a solution or just another option to consider…
Thanks. I tried the glass insert with a flexicone and to wpa, but I did not give it a fair go, it seemed more hassle trying to use it like a basket, going into the flexicone, but it is then like a bottomless chamber, and pretty messy. I should try again, with just filling a glass-lined chamber.

I look forward to your comparison of the metal tube (decarb kit) and the glass insert.

Here's a dumb question. We have these three types of chamber liners, teflon, glass and metal, but these are not the same as the "core" materials, right?
It has always been more than I want to digest, the different cores, not to mention how they have changed over the years. My MV came to me 2nd hand and I was told "teflon core" but have never fully understood. I do know that the teflon core is considered convection-heavy and the glass core more conduction -- but not much more. On the website its hard for me to see the big picture.

@lazylathe , do you know how a hit (mid-range, not high temp) from the glass core might stack up against a hit from say, a Mighty? I'm thinking better clouds and marginally better flavor?

vapviking,
Reactions: LAWTHEONE

lazylathe

Almost there...
@vapviking

They only have two cores, the metal insert sleeve was designed for the OG Teflon core to add a bit more radiant heat. It worked but was never a game changer.

The 'core' has remained the same as this is the heater and is still encapsulated in a special bubbly aluminum shell.
The newer versions will come with a Teflon and quartz sleeve or just the quartz sleeve for more conduction heating.

As for it stacking up against the Mighty, IMO it blows the Mighty away! I was never a fan of the blended conduction/convection flavor of the the Mighty. The MV is much purer in flavor.
And I can get much better clouds off my Glass core.
I usually use the green setting.
Red is strictly for WT or water use.

gaseous_clay

Hello... Thinking about getting a MiniVAP (which is why I'm posting in this thread. makes sense to me to do so!)

There are a LOT of accessories & I'm not sure what most of them do (beyond the one that allows you to plug it in, obviously.) I currently use a Vapexhale Cloud Evo & basically want to copy the experience as much as possible, connecting to bongs.

I was looking at the "glass core" model on Chosty (thanks to advice I read here, thanks!) Does anybody know if this is the most recent model with quartz?

What accessories would be needed/recommended beyond the "Accessories Kit" that comes with it?

Thanks in advance!

gaseous_clay,

Vaporific.ca

Retailer
Hello... Thinking about getting a MiniVAP (which is why I'm posting in this thread. makes sense to me to do so!)

There are a LOT of accessories & I'm not sure what most of them do (beyond the one that allows you to plug it in, obviously.) I currently use a Vapexhale Cloud Evo & basically want to copy the experience as much as possible, connecting to bongs.
Hi there! This is Chosty/Vaporific. To connect your Minivap with glass you’ll want the Minivap WPA accessory.
I was looking at the "glass core" model on Chosty (thanks to advice I read here, thanks!) Does anybody know if this is the most recent model with quartz?
We only have 1x Black Glass Core kit and 1x Silver Glass Core kit still available. These are the standard glass core units, we received our units in Nov 2022.
What accessories would be needed/recommended beyond the "Accessories Kit" that comes with it?
If you’re wanting to use the Minivap plugged in you’ll want the power adapter puck.
Thanks in advance!
Hope that helps! Please email us if you have any more questions. Peace & love from your friends at Vaporific! ❤️💙

lazylathe

Almost there...
Does anyone know the process to ship and pay for an upgraded core? I have the original Teflon core (I think 4 temp preset) and wanted the glass core (need some more power and willing to sacrifice the taste).

I would imagine you would have to order the core you want for the upgrade.
This will automatically let them know you are sending an older core back to them.
They will send you their shipping details and you send in your core.
They will ship it back to you once completed, you would have already paid for shipping of the returned and upgraded core.

You could also send Jorge an email and ask him. He is quite responsive and will provide you with everything you need to know!
info@minivap.com

lazylathe,
Reactions: mixchu69

MinnBobber

what are t-sacs? not heard of this
I make hemp paper filters out of T-sacs.

They are a hemp paper tea bag. You put loose leaf tea into it to then make hot tea.

IMO, they are the perfect filter , to stop all the micro particle dust that happens if you grind your buds or stir your buds.
The filter keeps that crap out of mouthpiece, hose, water piece, your mouth etc.

I cut discs out of it, to then place in Flexicone…
above the rimmed screen.

Top Bottom