• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

MiniVAP Vaporizer

martatabs

@martatabs , I can comment on mV vs Firefly.
Most of my miniVAPs are Teflon core and I much prefer taste of mV over Firefly.

PEEK should yield better flavor for you.
I never saw need to go beyond Teflon and PEEK as they had superb flavor and never felt I needed bigger hits , never needed steel insert or glass core!
Flavor is subjective but never sampled a vape with better flavor than mV. Some possibly equal or almost equal…
For sure even the GC has a unique flavour extraction but terps dont hit as euphorically, other than that it hits so much harder than the herborizer, it is almost psychedelic. So i was thinking if i can get a wider terp profile exctraction with the same power and efficiency in the MV then it should bomb

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
My MiniVap is having issues. Went from multiple times, daily use to sitting on the shelf. It just doesnt "hit" right anymore, which in turn has negatively affected flavor of my cannabis. Thought my battery might be dying, but I get the same lackluster results with the power puck. I can use the same flower in my Vapexhale evo and it rips/tastes immaculate. The MV was like that at one time for me, but sadly no longer.:(

Wondering if there will be a Halloween sale this year.

jardri

Vapor Dreams
My Minivap review: Taming the beast

I have been playing with my glass core Minivap for a few weeks now and feel ready enough to make a review. I have the 7 temperatures new firmware. The unit I have been testing was gifted to me by Jorge the man himself in order to polish its quirks.

The bad:

First impression upon receiving the unit is that its big and bulky and not very comfortable to hold. The interface is simple but it manages to get a little confusing because it is too easy to involuntarily push buttons while holding it. The battery life indicator is so vague I cant tell how much i have left.

It had a lot of new vape and silicone smell, spent like 2 days doing burnoffs and compulsively cleaning the flexicone until it faded away. Once I started using it, taste was not good for the first few chambers and manteinance was a bit high... not a good start.

The meh-meh:

Burnoffs done, taste got better and I started using it native with the flexicone. Experience was good but not brilliant.

The basket chambers work really well but they are a pain in the ass to refill when hot. Also, the biggest basket gives a lot of inhalations but no dense vapor. When placing the herbs in the glass core and filling it i could get the clouds I want but taste faded away soon with a lot of vapor left.

Started experimenting with temperatures and inhalation times but couldn´t get to a point where i received the clouds i wanted with the desired taste. Using the small basket as chamber helped a lot giving full convection taste and really decent clouds but was still lacking the clouds i crave.

The stock wpa worked well but i had a lot of silicone in the airpath and it was a tiny fragile piece.

At this point I understood Minivap has a dated chamber design but an extremely powerful heater. Maybe there was something I could do to improve it, which leads us to:

The good the beast and the mad vaporent:

Taste started to get better as materials cured until it got almost perfect. Vapor production got monstruous and I really started to like the flexicone but I still didnt get the experience I want from a powerhorse. I wanted to do small loads big clouds and bigger effects too.

While stoned something clicked on my head: This thing needs to use all possible conduction in the mix. The herb has to be in the core but the core has too much capacity and kills flavour too quick.

My solution was to use the biggest basket as a chamber reducer. With this tweak the vape got waaay better. I could press the herbs in the bottom like in a conduction unit and maximize its hybrid nature. But vapor was hot and harsh, silicone stem is not as good as glass for this purpose, and i didnt really like the stock wpa.

Thinking about it I just wished I could use my vapcap stems as a much better solution for this problem... so why not? Tried several ways until I found the key: Use the condenser. I mcgivered a condenser into the silicone cone of the minivap and it stood really firm and steady, and with the included orings I could fit any stem ever made for the vapcap.

So i got the vape loaded

Got the condenser and the cone and they coupled perfectly

And finally got a Minivap with a vapcap stem

3 inmense clouds later:

Bonus: tried my Woodscents wpa with Minivap and a slightly larger load (excuse my poor video recording)

So as final thoughts:

First impressions were not good, but started improving every time I used it. Now i have mastered the Minivap and it is an absolute beast. With my vapcap hack this thing delivers cool smooth killer vapor without any technique involved. It has a massive battery life which i have never spent in a day.

Once dialed in manteinance is almost non existent and it is one of the most versatile units i have ever tested.

¿You want full convection? use the basket as a chamber. ¿Mix of conduction and convection? use the core as chamber. ¿Want a lot of inhalations in one load? Full core and green temperature. ¿Want full spectrum fast extractions? Herb tight packed in the core, big basket as a chamber reducer and screen, red temperature. Orbit flight guaranteed!

PD: I have an old teflon core too, I am testing it but I feel tremendously underwhelmed by it. So far I think the glass core is so much better that the other one cant even compare.

Last edited:

martatabs

Am I the only one who is unable to connect the glass adapter to the Flexicone? no problems with the Flexicone +

martatabs,

Razhumikin

Am I the only one who is unable to connect the glass adapter to the Flexicone? no problems with the Flexicone +
No, its a pain in the ass to do at first but once you figure it out its easier. You have to hold the flexicone in the cap and then twist the wpa into it from the other side. If you email Hermes they can give you a video on how to attach it, but mostly it just requires practice. Now i can do it in about a minute but it took me like 20 min the first time i tried it at least.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi @jardri , please give it a try without the basket and flexicone, I use mine like a log vape with a long @Aezhenn capsule stem (you can use it with or without the S&B capsules) or with a wpa but my fav is the Herbalaire TonG.

jardri

Vapor Dreams
Hi @jardri , please give it a try without the basket and flexicone, I use mine like a log vape with a long @Aezhenn capsule stem (you can use it with or without the S&B capsules) or with a wpa but my fav is the Herbalaire TonG.
I have tried everything but capsules kill most of the flavor and i prefer using it as a log with my current setup pictured in the photos

jardri,
Reactions: PPN

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I have tried everything but capsules kill most of the flavor and i prefer using it as a log with my current setup pictured in the photos
you misunderstood me, it's called a capsule stem but you can use it without capsule but my favourite stays the Tong used as a bowl and I place the MiniVap on (the TonG is inserted in the MV Bowl), like a log vape!

I'm always impressed how thick and smooth (in the same time) are the clouds with the MiniVap used through water.

PPN,
Reactions: jardri

jardri

Vapor Dreams
you misunderstood me, it's called a capsule stem but you can use it without capsule but my favourite stays the Tong used as a bowl and I place the MiniVap on (the TonG is inserted in the MV Bowl), like a log vape!

I'm always impressed how thick and smooth (in the same time) are the clouds with the MiniVap used through water.
I did understand you mate, i have one of those from Ed. Right now my current setup is using the flexicone itself as a chamber with a dome screen inserted and a prototype piece to connect directly to a hydratube or a vapcap stem. I cant post details as it is under development but its a far more robust approach than the current wpa.

The flexicone as chamber its stupid easy to load and unload but i am still testing how much matter does fall in the oven and evaluating if its worth over the current system, what do you think about it?

Sativasforpresident

Hello there, I was just wondering if the miniVap is for me... I want to microdose throughout the day/evening taking a couple of puffs every 30 minutes or so, is this the right vape? Any other recommendations if not? I currently have an OG Crafty and a Volcano Hybrid but with both the herb gets spent when not used... Thanks a lot

Razhumikin

Hello there, I was just wondering if the miniVap is for me... I want to microdose throughout the day/evening taking a couple of puffs every 30 minutes or so, is this the right vape? Any other recommendations if not? I currently have an OG Crafty and a Volcano Hybrid but with both the herb gets spent when not used... Thanks a lot
The minivap excels with small loads, but its a session vaporizer, sounds like you want an on demand.

Razhumikin,
Reactions: Vizyt91

MinnBobber

Excellent vape for microdosing.
It would work for your needs IF you are ok with turning it on a few minutes before your sessions.
It has auto shutoff.

I use my Taffee Bowle for quick micro sessions when in a hurry…5 second warmup time.

stonedmallone

Excellent vape for microdosing.
It would work for your needs IF you are ok with turning it on a few minutes before your sessions.
It has auto shutoff.

I use my Taffee Bowle for quick micro sessions when in a hurry…5 second warmup time.
I have a bowle, do you think there's any need for a minivap?

stonedmallone,
Reactions: MinnBobber

ChooChooCharlie

George "Vapefiend" posted his magnus opus dry herb vaping video today. It's quite good, he does a brilliant overview of vaping at beginning, then dives into categories. @stonedmallone - If you manage to skip to 1 hour 21 minutes, he speaks about the Minivap and Bowle for almost ten minutes. He doesn't discuss flavor or ability to use glass pieces with Minivap, seems to place emphasis on the warmup time difference

MinnBobber

I have a bowle, do you think there's any need for a minivap?

For me, both are needed!!!
- Bowle for a quick hit that is really cool and flavor/ vapor quality are very good from such a small package
- miniVAP when I can wait for longer warmup and desire superb flavor/ vapor quality.
MiniVAP is also king of multiple options:
Glass straw mouthpiece or hydratube or inverted
on bubbler or whip (I don’t do whip).
MV if you need maximum battery (I don’t) VS Bowle minimum battery which still works fine for my low doses.

Bowle plus miniVAP are my go-to combo!!
Note that Bowle edged out my Herbalizer for top
duo status😀

stonedmallone

George "Vapefiend" posted his magnus opus dry herb vaping video today. It's quite good, he does a brilliant overview of vaping at beginning, then dives into categories. @stonedmallone - If you manage to skip to 1 hour 21 minutes, he speaks about the Minivap and Bowle for almost ten minutes. He doesn't discuss flavor or ability to use glass pieces with Minivap, seems to place emphasis on the warmup time difference

Thank you for this! This is an awesome video

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Today I'll receive my updated MiniVaps I sent to Jorge last week!

I sent him my Quick glass core for the new 7 T° settings upgrade.
And my Quick Peek Core for a rebuild in a Quick convection/radiation teflon/glass core +7 T° settings upgrade.
As well I sent him my battery but it appears the cells to be still in good shape!

Amazing, can't wait to test my MiniVaps again, it will be fun!

Fogoff

Today I'll receive my updated MiniVaps I sent to Jorge last week!

I sent him my Quick glass core for the new 7 T° settings upgrade.
And my Quick Peek Core for a rebuild in a Quick convection/radiation teflon/glass core +7 T° settings upgrade.
As well I sent him my battery but it appears the cells to be still in good shape!

Amazing, can't wait to test my MiniVaps again, it will be fun!
nice please give us some feedback about the new firmware and 7 temps settings !

Hermes-MiniVAP

Manufacturer
My MiniVap is having issues. Went from multiple times, daily use to sitting on the shelf. It just doesnt "hit" right anymore, which in turn has negatively affected flavor of my cannabis. Thought my battery might be dying, but I get the same lackluster results with the power puck. I can use the same flower in my Vapexhale evo and it rips/tastes immaculate. The MV was like that at one time for me, but sadly no longer.:(

Wondering if there will be a Halloween sale this year.
Please @Silver420Surfer, send an email to info@minivap.com with the serial number of the MiniVAP (next to the minus button) so we can check the version in our records and give you some advise to make it work.

A big hug and many thanks to the users who feed this threat and support MiniVAP :)

Razhumikin

Please @Silver420Surfer, send an email to info@minivap.com with the serial number of the MiniVAP (next to the minus button) so we can check the version in our records and give you some advise to make it work.

A big hug and many thanks to the users who feed this threat and support MiniVAP :)
Whatever happened to the fix for the heat-up problem, where the device turns off if heating up to a temperature above purple? I never got followed up with and never recieved a solution.

Razhumikin,
  • Sad
Reactions: dimmusp

PPN

Volute of Vapor
nice please give us some feedback about the new firmware and 7 temps settings !
After some shipment delays I finally got my MiniVaps back at home!

This morning I powered on my new Quick teflon/glass core, full convection (updated from a quick Peek core), what's a change in taste and vapor production!
I think it's due to the heater change more than the software change since I used it on pink(201°C), yellow(210°C), green(218°C) and orange (226°C) which are on the same temperature range than the old 4 colors settings.
I did 2 bowls, 1 large basket with flexicone cutted by half (dry hits), vapor tends to take some hits to become thick, I tend to cough a lot (it was the same with all older heaters except for the quick glass core with radiation heat). But what's an awesome taste!
And 1 small basket without top lid and basket+cone inverted on a bubbler's 14mm glass ground joint, it's where the MiniVap shines, water cool the vapor enough to be confortable to inhale without to cough to much and the stronger&steady inhalation helps to produce dense and thick vapor faster (got thick vapor by the first hit!). Both sessions using Tangerine Kush from 2021 harvest, still a little "green" taste but strong reliefs despite it was cut 7-10 days sooner cause molds, very, very big buds, medium density but resinous like we appreciate to be.

Next time I'll try the small basket for the dry session and the large for the water-cooled session, I was thinking to sell it after software update and heater chand but I have doubts, I will probably keep it! I still not teste my software updated quick glass core (convection/radiation core) but I'm prepared to be deeply medicated...

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Today was the Quick Glass Core day, set it at max temp (250°C!) and filled my TonG with finely grounded flowers and scissors hasch on the top, big clouds on chain, water filtration is needed although I'll use it at lower temp for strict flower usage.

I'm very happy with both cores upgraded or simply updated. Since I put a foot in the MiniVap's game it's the best upgrade/update to date. I was slightly disappointed when I upgraded my old teflon core to the Quick Peek core but I'm very happy I re-upgraded it to the teflon/glass Quick Core with the 7 colors T° settings, imho this is the best core they never released especially concerning the taste but the vapor comes faster and thicker also, no more boring looong hits.

The MiniVap trully shines with water filtration, I suppose the laminar airflow works better with the stronger and sturdier draw you can achieve with a bubbler and you cough a lot less!

I'm so satisfied to get both cores in my line-up, thank you Jorge for the exceptionnal support, Minivaper for ever!

OyVape

Well, my MiniVap has been experiencing the same issues as @Silver420Surfer so I followed Jorge’s advice to him and emailed about the problems a few days ago, but no response yet. I’m concerned that if I need to replace something, I don’t want to miss their usual Halloween sale. Does anyone have any info about that? I didn’t see much info on their website—nothing about upgrades lor new models.

Does anyone know about any of this and have an international phone number for Jorge?

Top Bottom