MiniVAP Vaporizer

SixStringToker

Naked member
I finally managed to get my 7 temp MV (185C to 255C) on order after repeatedly triggering fraud alerts and locking my credit cards. I was even assured by the credit card company that the charge would clear the next time... only to have it fail and lock my card again ::sigh::. I ultimately had to transfer money into my PayPal account and pay that way. Now the wait begins!

Last edited:

Razhumikin

How do you guys clean your flexicones, flexicone+'s, and mouthpieces? Is it ok to just let it sit in some ISO for like ten minutes and then rinse it out, or will this damage the silicon/plastic?

Vizyt91

How do you guys clean your flexicones, flexicone+'s, and mouthpieces? Is it ok to just let it sit in some ISO for like ten minutes and then rinse it out, or will this damage the silicon/plastic?
I clean mines In iso, the only thing is the flexicone/+ will retain the iso smell , so i let them sit In water+dish soap (i use « green » dish soap that have a very little odor) for a moment and rinse’em, i do this 2 to 3 Times to get rid off the iso smell.
How do you clean yours guys/gals ?

Kins

I let one of the flexicone+ sink in 99% iso overnight and it is fine. My Minivap is on a forced vacation till they decide it's time to ship it back and fix it. They "detected an error in the software". I'm wondering why would you ship out products if you haven't fully tested the device and/or software/firmware for the device.

Last edited:

Razhumikin

I clean up with Q-tips dipped in ISO, but I do not soak. Never noted any lingering ISO smell with this method, can be used as soon as any remaining ISO evaporates- just a moment.
This wouldnt work for the flexicone+ though, right? Is there a way you can clean the long stem with q-tips?

Last edited:

MinnBobber

My cleaning routine is down 90% by using thin paper filters in the Flexicone, so above the rimmed screen.
Pictured:
Traps virtually all of that nasty ABV dust —-
Golden goo gets thru but not that dry dust crap which really gets things dirty fast.

Attachments

• EA990AEE-1D5A-4EFA-A25D-C38A500AB603.jpeg
    EA990AEE-1D5A-4EFA-A25D-C38A500AB603.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26

Razhumikin

My cleaning routine is down 90% by using thin paper filters in the Flexicone, so above the rimmed screen.
Pictured:
Traps virtually all of that nasty ABV dust —-
Golden goo gets thru but not that dry dust crap which really gets things dirty fast.
Are these just cut down coffee filters?

MinnBobber

Are these just cut down coffee filters?

Cut down T-Sac hemp paper filters for bulk tea.
I don’t drink coffee but I think coffee filters look much finer/ more restrictive??

These add almost no resistance and remarkably seem to trap almost no golden goo!!
VS metal lids with holes poked or metal screens.
Think of the Ghost MV-1 and its basket lid which was a giant goo trap!!

My miniVAP with filter is the cleanest running vape I have ever used.

MinnBobber

@MinnBobber is that the mestizo adapter? Looks good! 👌

Pic above was silver mV lid with black silicone @Delta3DStudios wpa. My fav setup.
Perfect fit for my hydratube and it’s like an OXO easy grip addition.

Pic here is Mestizo white Delrin adapter which snaps onto stock cover.

Attachments

• B336756D-3251-4673-B9CE-8B4708A253A4.jpeg
    B336756D-3251-4673-B9CE-8B4708A253A4.jpeg
    231.9 KB · Views: 13

kimura

If you swab the flexicone with a q tip right after a session while it’s still warm you don’t need any iso.

not wanting to deal with cleaning the length of a flexi + is another reason I much prefer using the mV in the manner that I have recently ranted about. Just swab the flexi and soak the screens and glass in iso.

Kins

I'm not sure what to do with my defective unit as it seems like they are just blowing me off. Don't like keeping junk in apartment as I don't live at the dump. What do you guys do with defective units?. Just throw in the garbage?. Anyone recommend a recycling service I could ship it to or something?.

Kins,

Pagan Zod

I'm not sure what to do with my defective unit as it seems like they are just blowing me off. Don't like keeping junk in apartment as I don't live at the dump. What do you guys do with defective units?. Just throw in the garbage?. Anyone recommend a recycling service I could ship it to or something?.
I think you should be patient for just a little longer before you go throwing your $450 vaporizer in the trash, or having it recycled with no compensation. From the sounds of it, I’m not entirely sure MiniVAP have the software fix just yet and are probably working on it before any more units go out. It’s also Easter weekend, which can be a time when lots of people are taking off and are out of the office, so it’s just a shitty time to try and get ahold of anybody, customer service wise, particularly a small business like MV (there’s only like 2 or 3 employees).

Kins

I think you should be patient for just a little longer before you go throwing your $450 vaporizer in the trash, or having it recycled with no compensation. From the sounds of it, I’m not entirely sure MiniVAP have the software fix just yet and are probably working on it before any more units go out. It’s also Easter weekend, which can be a time when lots of people are taking off and are out of the office, so it’s just a shitty time to try and get ahold of anybody, customer service wise, particularly a small business like MV (there’s only like 2 or 3 employees).

Alright then that makes sense. I was sick of looking at on my desk. So I figure I'll put it away and then it'll be out of site, out of mind. My view is they shouldn't be putting out or selling vapes without testing them first. If they had tested the software before rolling it out or distributing it they would be much better off. You don't just use beta software and hope the customers don't find out something wrong with it. That's the whole point of beta testing.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
😞
So I lost my MV mouthpiece today(the black plastic 2-piece one).

Does anyone know of anywhere to order a replacement MV mouthpiece in the US? I'll go into a full meltdown by time it would arrive from Spain. Any thoughts would be seriously appreciated.

Silver420Surfer,
Reactions: Sn4Pz

Sn4Pz

😞
So I lost my MV mouthpiece today(the black plastic 2-piece one).

Does anyone know of anywhere to order a replacement MV mouthpiece in the US? I'll go into a full meltdown by time it would arrive from Spain. Any thoughts would be seriously appreciated.
Pagan sent me his free of charge, I'll just pass his MP on. Please PM me with your address.

The last two weeks have been tough, and it seems that my anxiety is the root, though cannabis doesn't help. Looks like I'm taking an indefinite break, so no need for the MP.

Also, Pagan, you spelt my name on the package wrong! Haha. I'll be picking it up this coming Monday.

Last edited:

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Pagan sent me his free of charge, I'll just pass his MP on. Please PM me with your address.

The last two weeks have been tough, and it seems that my anxiety is the root, though cannabis doesn't help. Looks like I'm taking an indefinite break, so no need for the MP.

Also, Pagan, you spelt my name on the package wrong! Haha. I'll be picking it up this coming Monday.
So very kind of you, I'm truly humbled.
Info sent!

Pagan Zod

Alright then that makes sense. I was sick of looking at on my desk. So I figure I'll put it away and then it'll be out of site, out of mind. My view is they shouldn't be putting out or selling vapes without testing them first. If they had tested the software before rolling it out or distributing it they would be much better off. You don't just use beta software and hope the customers don't find out something wrong with it. That's the whole point of beta testing.
Your situation sucks for sure, having an expensive and volatile paperweight of a vape. But you’ve got a pretty sizable community, including some of us who were less affected by the software glitch, who are swearing by the device. Hang in there & just know that the light at the end of the tunnel, however long it is, will be worth the time to get it properly warrantied and working right. When you finally acquire a non-catastrophically failing MiniVAP, I’m sure you’ll experience some quality vapor that will straight light you up.

Top Bottom