MiniVAP Vaporizer

Smknbud

Shouldn't the device charge even when the product is off?. I put mine on the base and no lights light up if it's off. I find this strange because any other device that's rechargable will usually light up a light that blinks when charging and is solid when charged. Also no one else seems to have the mysterious white light either.
I've never once charged it with the Core still attached. Always battery alone. Charger light is green when no battery attached, turns red when low battery is attached and turns green again when charged. Pretty standard for this type charger.
Kinda thought maybe the extra white lights you have was the 7 temp config., guess not though. No one else has that so if it's not the different temp settings then something with your vape isn't right.

I don't know about this vape. It's very flakey with intermittent problems that almost everyone seems to have. Buyers remorse here times 10!. Draw resistance is too much. Flexicone is annoying and doesn't help anyone. The WPA just attaches to the flexicone so you have to carry Minivap and whatever piece your using. You need two hands to vape with this. Other vapes are much more sturdy and don't rely on flimsy silicone hoses to attach a water piece which seems pretty dumb to me. Wouldn't you want the connection as strong as possible?. My tinymight destroys this thing in function and in potent cool vapor. Minivap combusts easily and gives poor quality vapor.

I have three cores. Everyone of them has worked perfectly since day one. The number of times attaching the battery to the core issue that has happened to me are far and few in between. I'll give you the lack of good choice of accessories to use it with. It's lacking and more or less up to the users ingenuity to come up with something, but it's easily doable. Funny, you hate the Flexicone and I love it. Simple and effective and so easy to clean.
If you think your TM 'destroys' the MV yours simply isn't working correctly or user error. In your case since you have unknown white lights in your heat profiles and believe it's combusting, I'd say you have a bad unit.

Kins

I've never once charged it with the Core still attached. Always battery alone. Charger light is green when no battery attached, turns red when low battery is attached and turns green again when charged. Pretty standard for this type charger.
Kinda thought maybe the extra white lights you have was the 7 temp config., guess not though. No one else has that so if it's not the different temp settings then something with your vape isn't right.

I have three cores. Everyone of them has worked perfectly since day one. The number of times attaching the battery to the core issue that has happened to me are far and few in between. I'll give you the lack of good choice of accessories to use it with. It's lacking and more or less up to the users ingenuity to come up with something, but it's easily doable. Funny, you hate the Flexicone and I love it. Simple and effective and so easy to clean.
If you think your TM 'destroys' the MV yours simply isn't working correctly or user error. In your case since you have unknown white lights in your heat profiles and believe it's combusting, I'd say you have a bad unit.

Guess I'll have to look into RMA. Also have you tried a TinyMight? Much better device. I

Last edited:
Kins,

Smknbud

Guess I'll have to look into RMA. Also have you tried a TinyMight? Much better device. I
Don't own but have used numerous times. Nice for sure. Better than MV? Nah, not at all.

You seem to be drawing a conclusion about this vape based on your unit which pretty much seems to be broken, based on your comments. That seems a bit unfair. With that said, I'd be pretty peeved if I was the one having to deal with a brand new dud unit.

Kins

Don't own but have used numerous times. Nice for sure. Better than MV? Nah, not at all.

You seem to be drawing a conclusion about this vape based on your unit which pretty much seems to be broken, based on your comments. That seems a bit unfair. With that said, I'd be pretty peeved if I was the one having to deal with a brand new dud unit.

Well I will definitely reassess after the RMA process.

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
I don't know about this vape. It's very flakey with intermittent problems that almost everyone seems to have. Buyers remorse here times 10!. Draw resistance is too much. Flexicone is annoying and doesn't help anyone. The WPA just attaches to the flexicone so you have to carry Minivap and whatever piece your using. You need two hands to vape with this. Other vapes are much more sturdy and don't rely on flimsy silicone hoses to attach a water piece which seems pretty dumb to me. Wouldn't you want the connection as strong as possible?. My tinymight destroys this thing in function and in potent cool vapor. Minivap combusts easily and gives poor quality vapor.
I stuff the WPA into the flexicone instead of the whip. A few pages back MiniVAP commented and showed excatly how. I get 10/10 performance with my MV

Seems like yours is faulty :c

Pagan Zod

@Kins i think you should most definitely start a warranty claim. Your description of how your MV is operating just sounds all off & polar opposite from what my experience has been & I can only conclude, based on these posts, that you have been had by the infamous and rather unfortunate production brick. I have never had a vape that operates like my MiniVAP, and I get thick, heady clouds no matter what heat setting it’s on, and regardless of using the small or medium baskets (I still haven’t attempted a straight raw dog load, direct into the oven chamber, mainly because I already leave bits of lung on my patio—pure hyperbole, of course—and I’m pretty sure a direct load would fucking knock me straight on my jelly donut eating ass). Let us all know how your RMA goes and if you feel differently about the device after you take delivery of a working and fully functional unit. That fucking sucks ass though in the meantime. These devices are so pricey that it’s a big gut punch of an oof when it comes broken. Here’s to hoping you get to blast off with a proper MiniVAP experience soon!

OyVape

Anyone know where to get the larger basket screen and the long flexicones?

hopefully without having to ship all the way to the US from Spain?

OyVape,
Reactions: zippy

Kins

@Kins i think you should most definitely start a warranty claim. Your description of how your MV is operating just sounds all off & polar opposite from what my experience has been & I can only conclude, based on these posts, that you have been had by the infamous and rather unfortunate production brick. I have never had a vape that operates like my MiniVAP, and I get thick, heady clouds no matter what heat setting it’s on, and regardless of using the small or medium baskets (I still haven’t attempted a straight raw dog load, direct into the oven chamber, mainly because I already leave bits of lung on my patio—pure hyperbole, of course—and I’m pretty sure a direct load would fucking knock me straight on my jelly donut eating ass). Let us all know how your RMA goes and if you feel differently about the device after you take delivery of a working and fully functional unit. That fucking sucks ass though in the meantime. These devices are so pricey that it’s a big gut punch of an oof when it comes broken. Here’s to hoping you get to blast off with a proper MiniVAP experience soon!

I've contacted them and they just gave me a "work around" that doesn't work for me. They said that it needs new software but they aren't ready yet. Here is my email from them cut and pasted,

Jorge from Minicap said:
sorry for the issues with the unit and thanks for your explanations.

We detected an error in the software yesterday. The unit doesn't heat
properly at green and red colors so the software protects the device
after 4 mitutes. The battery must be disconnected to reset and start the
unit again.

To avoid the issue, please start the device at blue or pink and once
stays solid, increase to green or red.

We are working on a new version of the software and will ask you to
return your unit when ready. Our apologize for the mistake and hoping it
can be solved in the coming days.

Please, let us know if the suggestion works.

Many thanks. Jorge

Not sure if I let you guys here at FC know, but my wife had used it last on pink. I had gone to sleep. She had told me it just "Went nuts and started tasting aweful". I opened it up and all the abv dark black. The screen in the flexicone I took out and tried cleaning and soaking it overnight in 99% ISO. It didn't work the screen was burned black. I certainly don't want to use it again in this condition. So I'm just waiting for when they say I can ship it back.

Smknbud

Not sure if I let you guys here at FC know, but my wife had used it last on pink. I had gone to sleep. She had told me it just "Went nuts and started tasting aweful". I opened it up and all the abv dark black. The screen in the flexicone I took out and tried cleaning and soaking it overnight in 99% ISO. It didn't work the screen was burned black. I certainly don't want to use it again in this condition. So I'm just waiting for when they say I can ship it back.
I would send them back a picture of what it's doing on the temp pink they told you to start at and tell them it's not usable. I would think a pic of the charred screen should be convincing. If the workaround worked it would be one thing, but this unit just ain't right.

Oh, what did they say the extra white lights were in your temp profiles?

Kins

I would send them back a picture of what it's doing on the temp pink they told you to start at and tell them it's not usable. I would think a pic of the charred screen should be convincing. If the workaround worked it would be one thing, but this unit just ain't right.

Oh, what did they say the extra white lights were in your temp profiles?

They didn't answer me about the white light. As far as the screen goes I trashed it. Guess I should have saved it.

Kins,

Knightsofcamelot

I received my Minivap yesterday and unfortunately I had a similar email from Jorge to the one @Kins got. I've only put 3 or 4 baskets through so far and have been getting great flavor on blue and pink but not really a lot of vapor on green or even red.

The Minivap quick start guide mentions that the light will flicker during a long draw and mine flickers at about the 10 second mark. Not sure if this is normal or part of the software glitch.

I was really looking forward to using my Minivap on 4/20 this year with some dispensary flower for peak civilization as @ataxian would say. Also I ordered an 18mm glass adapter from the MV site and it wasn't in my package :/

Vizyt91

I received my Minivap yesterday and unfortunately I had a similar email from Jorge to the one @Kins got. I've only put 3 or 4 baskets through so far and have been getting great flavor on blue and pink but not really a lot of vapor on green or even red.

The Minivap quick start guide mentions that the light will flicker during a long draw and mine flickers at about the 10 second mark. Not sure if this is normal or part of the software glitch.

I was really looking forward to using my Minivap on 4/20 this year with some dispensary flower for peak civilization as @ataxian would say. Also I ordered an 18mm glass adapter from the MV site and it wasn't in my package :/
Man, really sorry to hear that kind of stories, i’m a bit disapointed about the lack of Seriousness of the MV cie, i don’t know if they already taking orders but not a mention of this issue appears on the site.
I hope your and Kins MV will work as intended asap (fingers crossed) so you can enjoy the 4/20 Time like it should.
Ps: mines blink after 4 secs, i think it’s dépend of the strongness of your draw maybe...

Razhumikin

The blinking is totally normal, the heater lowers in tenp while youre drawing (naturally), so that just indicates it is undergoing normal fluctuations in temp. It took my a couple of days to get the technique down, but once i did i started getting awesome clouds on every setting. I recommend trying hard, long draws (10 seconds) to get optimal cloud production.

Pagan Zod

Got the email from Jorge yesterday. The software issue seems to only be affecting the initial heat up, where heating to blue or pink is the only way for the device to stabilize the temp from cold and setting it to heat to green or red would result in an automatic shut off at about 4 minutes. Green and red temp settings work fine if I temp step from blue or pink once the MV is up to temp. I didn’t realize this was a software issue and have been using the work-around since the beginning, as if it were normal operation. Not sure how Jorge is going to “fix” my software issue without either sending me a new unit with the software calibrated properly, or a lengthy wait time to send it back to Spain and then back to the US after recalibration.

MonkeyTime

The less time the unit has heat soaked, the sooner it will start to flash during a draw, and the harder you draw will speed that blink start up too.

I'm really sorry to hear about the software issues, especially for someone's first unit. All the anticipation, just for the let down.

They are a smaller company, for me, half way around the world that puts out a world class device. While there may be some bumps in the road, I have to believe that MV will make it right by all with issues, they always seem to have in the past.

Knightsofcamelot

@Razhumikin So I tried the longer hard draws and definitely got better results on green and red but definitely wouldn't say clouds, I'm going to try to use the smaller baskets next time. Yesterday I loaded a large/medium basket too tight trying to fill it up and think I might of erred on the side of caution today and not packed enough in the large/medium basket.

Here's an AVB pic: https://ibb.co/5520Vrx

@Pagan Zod Really not looking forward to the lengthy trip to and fro España either! :(

On another note DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!
After my MV arrived with no 18mm glass adapter I started to try to connect things to the flexicones/Straw and it ended in tragedy😭

I was like sweet this works... then I took it off and it snapped into three pieces. This was a Glass Charlie V1 (1mm) walls dynavap stem for reference.

Razhumikin

@Razhumikin So I tried the longer hard draws and definitely got better results on green and red but definitely wouldn't say clouds, I'm going to try to use the smaller baskets next time. Yesterday I loaded a large/medium basket too tight trying to fill it up and think I might of erred on the side of caution today and not packed enough in the large/medium basket.

Here's an AVB pic: https://ibb.co/5520Vrx

@Pagan Zod Really not looking forward to the lengthy trip to and fro España either! :(

On another note DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!
After my MV arrived with no 18mm glass adapter I started to try to connect things to the flexicones/Straw and it ended in tragedy😭

I was like sweet this works... then I took it off and it snapped into three pieces. This was a Glass Charlie V1 (1mm) walls dynavap stem for reference.
I would recommend trying the flexicone+. I havent enjoyed using the regular small mouthpiece, i found it really difficult to get good draws and clouds on. The flexicone+ beats it in every way in my opinion.

Pagan Zod

For me, it’s actually refreshing to find out that it’s a software bug and not that the unit’s standard operating conditions include not being able to heat from cold to green or red directly and instead have to heat to blue or pink first, then step up to green or red. It’s a bummer that @Kins got a defective unit that doesn’t work well due to the custom temp configuration and the software bug. My device at least rips like a motherfucker despite the software issue. I’ve gotten so used to just starting from pink & stepping to green & red, that I’m not entirely sure I’ll send my unit back for recalibration until it needs a core repair or update, as my MV is an amazing vape otherwise. Every vape has its quirks.

Razhumikin

For me, it’s actually refreshing to find out that it’s a software bug and not that the unit’s standard operating conditions include not being able to heat from cold to green or red directly and instead have to heat to blue or pink first, then step up to green or red. It’s a bummer that @Kins got a defective unit that doesn’t work well due to the custom temp configuration and the software bug. My device at least rips like a motherfucker despite the software issue. I’ve gotten so used to just starting from pink & stepping to green & red, that I’m not entirely sure I’ll send my unit back for recalibration until it needs a core repair or update, as my MV is an amazing vape otherwise. Every vape has its quirks.
Yea i got the email too, but since i start all my bowls on blue or purple i dont even know if my unit is affected lol. I have to check when i get back to my apartment later today to see.

Razhumikin,
Top Bottom