MiniVAP Vaporizer

Mckdenton

The Minivap intrigued me when it first hit the market years and years ago, the price tag kept me away. Although it is still pretty high compared to most, it is at much easier price to try to justify.

I'm trying to figure out if the Minivap is worth adding to my lineup. I have mostly moved away from desktop units with the exception of the volcano that I use only when I have guests. I mostly use the Mighty and dynavap. I have a tinymight that I like to use when I want to get frustrated and a MFLB when I what the nostalgia vape. I also sprinkle in some log vape action.

I am looking for more of a home unit so the size of the MV seems ok to me. I like the big battery and the option to plug it into the wall. There isn't a lot of info out about these things. I like to roast my flower to a nice dark brown. Can the MV do this, or is it more like the volcano where it keeps the abv pretty light? It looks like the max temp on the MV has been upped from when it first came out? Also can anyone with a newer unit confirm the 2-3 min heat up time? How big is the difference with the glass bowl, does it allow a nice roast? Should I add this to my rotation?

Any input would be appreciated.

MinnBobber

@Mckdenton , my miniVAPs are all all Teflon cores and not with newest high temp uptick and I barely hit on high temp .... temp step up.

I feel I get really excellent extraction and but glass and higher temp would yield darker.
My ABV is always perfectly uniform in color, no charring and the exact color I want.

Maybe glasscore owners will post pics

Attachments

• 192B3016-C489-46DF-B404-B09421D61FBD.jpeg
    192B3016-C489-46DF-B404-B09421D61FBD.jpeg
    96.8 KB · Views: 39

Vizyt91

@MinnBobber , I appreciate your ABV picture that is great info for me. I'm hoping someone with the glass core can also upload a ABV pic. Even with the Teflon core and without the temp uptick that looks like good extraction to me.
Hi,
I’ve got both cores but i’m at work for now,
I can do a vs abv pic (Téflon vs teflon-glass) tonight so you can see the dif, have a good day and stay tuned.

Sn4Pz

@MinnBobber , I appreciate your ABV picture that is great info for me. I'm hoping someone with the glass core can also upload a ABV pic. Even with the Teflon core and without the temp uptick that looks like good extraction to me.
Im getting a quick glass core sometime within the next week, but my accessories may take a little longer to get here.

Ill let you know how it is w/ baskets and w/o baskets when I can.

MinnBobber

I never load direct/ always use the Flexicone modules as this keeps the chamber so clean and is another safety layer of not allowing any ABV dust to fall down into the heater....there is a fine mesh screen but I want to avoid any possibility.
The biggest reason for the Flexicone is that I can rig an ABV dust filter in the top..... keep all that nasty dust from getting into the mouthpiece or hydratube or bubbler. The reclaim is pure golden goo, instead of contaminated with all that
herbage crap.
Paper tea filter, pictured. Basket , rimmed screen, filter, Flexicone = Flexi filtered module.
Pic is using it in Herbalizer. I try to use it in all my vapes, wherever possible.
Edit: I previously used degummed hemp fiber but like tea filter paper better.

Attachments

• 3F817D83-D4B1-4D5A-82B6-85DB3A85CB2B.jpeg
    3F817D83-D4B1-4D5A-82B6-85DB3A85CB2B.jpeg
    66.7 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Pagan Zod

My baby shipped yesterday! Holy fuck! I’m excited. Just made a trip to Colorado for some top-shelf, high-potency flower & concentrate, so preparations are ready. My only anxiety is US Customs fucking with my package & seizing it. I feel pretty confident that they won’t do anything, but there’s been plenty of news where vapes have been seized since the mail ban/adult-verified delivery requirement went into effect in January, however, those vapes that were seized were all illegally smuggled or unlawfully mislabeled, and I’m importing legally & without any shipping shenanigans or subterfuge. Regardless, it is indeed a happy day!

Vizyt91

Hi guys,
I’ve never try the direct load because of the basket ‘s system.it is so nice to use and it keeps your unit cleaner.
Here is the pic of the abv ( on red setting/dry/start to finish). to me the abv color is the basically the same, i find surprisingly that the teflon core abv is maybe a little darker :hmm:
1D2B94E1-B474-4E6D-9EB4-6B22C872E61F.jpeg

Kins

Good job but the AVB is still a little uneven. I haven't seen AVB that compares to what comes out of my volcano hybrid. The hybrid extracts more evenly than any vape I've owned.

Vizyt91

Good job but the AVB is still a little uneven. I haven't seen AVB that compares to what comes out of my volcano hybrid. The hybrid extracts more evenly than any vape I've owned.
I don’t own a hybrid Cano so i can’t tell but the uneveness can come from my stash ( hairy buds, homegrowned by a friend, this was his first attempt as a grower :rockon:this is auto wedding cake. )

guyonthecouch

@Vizyt91 , @Sn4Pz , thanks guys that would be great!
I'm curious how most people use their Minivaps, with baskets or direct load? I would probably be more inclined to use baskets to keep things cleaner. If you direct load does it have to be filled all the way up?
Baskets all the way! Definitely keeps things cleaner and find it easier to manage loading the flexicones vs loading direct. Also, with the baskets you can use smaller doses. Filling direct takes a decent amount of material and IME(Glass Core, haven't tried the Teflon) it is best to fill all the way up for optimal results but you can still use without filling the chamber.

Sn4Pz

Do you guys ever load your MV with concentrates? I don't mean .2 dabs, but appropriate sized rice grain ish dabs.

Just got some delicious cbd bho and I was wondering if I can use it in the MV. Unfortunately I don't have the concentrate pad, so its either I

A) Load it with bud

or

B) Load it with bud but put a few extra tafee bowle sized screens (should be a good fit) to act as a concentrate pad? 😂

What do you guys think :hmm:

Sn4Pz,
Reactions: Vizyt91

Vizyt91

I don’t have easily access to concentrates so i can’t tell from experience with the MV but i think a lil bit of bho on top of flower and it must be good but just wait for experimented users advice before you move ;)

Vizyt91,
Reactions: Sn4Pz

Kins

I read the planet of the vapes review. Sounds like a great vape. However I'm still wondering about how to load it and if you need to use plastic for a mouthpiece or how you can connect it for use with a bubbler or bong.

Mckdenton

I have a cart with the MV and a bunch of extras just trying to convince myself to pull the checkout trigger. I am curious if someone could comment on the airflow on this thing. I really like the very open airflow on the mighty, how does the MV compare in that regard? How important is draw speed, can it keep up with heavy draws/rips though the WPA and a bubbler?
I really wish there more vids out there showing use. The vids that I can find are all pretty dated as there have been some updates to the device.

Vizyt91

The airflow on the MV is a bit more restricted than on the mighty, you can sip or rip it through a bubbler, no problem, I use the flexicone/basket combo with my bubbler and that works great (with a 14mm female), hope that helps.

Smknbud

Do you guys ever load your MV with concentrates? I don't mean .2 dabs, but appropriate sized rice grain ish dabs.

Just got some delicious cbd bho and I was wondering if I can use it in the MV. Unfortunately I don't have the concentrate pad, so its either I

A) Load it with bud

or

B) Load it with bud but put a few extra tafee bowle sized screens (should be a good fit) to act as a concentrate pad? 😂

What do you guys think :hmm:
A

The Mighty pads fit in my glass core perfectly and fit my teflon core with the loading chamber ring removed.

Pagan Zod

I don’t have my MiniVAP yet, but I’ve always sandwiched concentrates in between my herb in all of my devices, all of which had smaller bowls than MiniVAP, and I never had issues with melted concentrate running into the oven or the heater. When you sandwich in the herb, it melts and disperses all over the herb & makes it sticky all over, but not drippy at all, just like it does when you dab on the concentrate pad. With roughly a rice grain to rice grain & a half sized dab, there simply isn’t enough concentrate to run down into your oven space, let alone make it past the heat to dribble into your heater unit, regardless of whether you use MiniVAP’s small baskets (0.25g) or the medium baskets (0.5g), there would be enough herb to hold a dab without incident. I load directly into my Crafty+ oven chamber, no dosing capsules, (which has a 0.25g chamber—Mighty bowl is 0.3g), filling about 2/3 of the bowl, then my dab of concentrate, then a fat spoonful of kief, then topped off with more ground flower, and I have never had a single issue. Did the same technique without issue with my Arizer Solo II, which has a roughly 0.15g bowl. I plan on using the same method with my MiniVAP & medium baskets. It will get anybody lifted, methinks.

Sn4Pz

MiniVAP’s small baskets (0.25g) or the medium baskets (0.5g)
The MEDIUM basket is .5??? Holy moly 😮

There were complications with my shipment so they said they threw in a "large basket", is that thing going to hold .75?!

I thought there was only small and medium (before the vendor told me about the large) and that they were somewhere around .15 small and .3 large 😂

e: nevermind, I was right in that there is only a small and a medium. Either way .5 is quite a bit :o

Pagan Zod

The MEDIUM basket is .5??? Holy moly 😮

There were complications with my shipment so they said they threw in a "large basket", is that thing going to hold .75?!

I thought there was only small and medium (before the vendor told me about the large) and that they were somewhere around .15 small and .3 large 😂
No. The medium baskets (official name on the website) are the same as what people call the large. There’s only 2 sizes of baskets to my knowledge. A large load would be a direct load into the oven, which might be somewhere in the ballpark of 0.6-0.75g, based on a 0.5g med basket estimate.

You easily can fit 2 Mighty/Crafty dosing capsules in the MiniVAP for reference & I want to say those are around 0.2g.

Last edited:

dimmusp

IMO, the mV gives better vapor. It also does a better job of extracting a load without stirring. That said, the bowle is quite good, and handy. If you are happy with mV and don’t see the need, just enjoy what ya got

I also prefer the flexicone setup to the numerous WPA options I have tried, including the excellent one by mestizo. Just my preference

The Bowle compliments the MiniVap for me, but If I had to choose between the two, I'd pick the MiniVap. Having both doesn't suck though :tup:
Interesting! Ever since the Bowle came out almost everyone has acted like it's the greatest vape ever. Meanwhile, the MiniVAP hasn't gotten nearly as much attention even though it might actually be better according to your reports.

dimmusp,
Top Bottom