MiniVAP Vaporizer

SixStringToker

Naked member
You prefer to use the fleixcone setup rather than the WPA?
Very much so! Using the flexicones this way makes it more on-demand since there's no residual heat continuing to bake the herb between draws. It just suits my vaping style better. It also allows me to use glass pieces with regular bowls instead of glass joints.

I flatten regular screen baskets in on themselves to use as lids for the MV baskets, allowing me to use them as pre-loaded capsules:

50756340857_802d46b8b4_o.jpg

kimura

so hard to hop on the Bowle or not seeing as I already have a MiniVap. One is on-demand and the other session convection. Ahhhh.

Gorgeous glass there too by the way! You prefer to use the fleixcone setup rather than the WPA

IMO, the mV gives better vapor. It also does a better job of extracting a load without stirring. That said, the bowle is quite good, and handy. If you are happy with mV and don’t see the need, just enjoy what ya got

I also prefer the flexicone setup to the numerous WPA options I have tried, including the excellent one by mestizo. Just my preference

Sn4Pz

to what I had them configure for my custom MV (210, 220, 235 and 245ºC).

However, you can ask the MV team to bump your max temp up as a custom request. You should be able to get more of a dark-chocolate brown that way.
This requires the unit to be sent back to them, right?

I think I am going to buy one of these but Id like to go the entexchange route, but that would result in more time taken for me to be minivap-ing :hmm: Not sure if its worth it or not...

Smknbud

This requires the unit to be sent back to them, right?

I think I am going to buy one of these but Id like to go the entexchange route, but that would result in more time taken for me to be minivap-ing :hmm: Not sure if its worth it or not...
I had to look up entexchange, now I know.

I'd order from MIniVap direct if you think custom temps are what you want/need.

Pagan Zod

Hi folks! Long-time lurker, first-time poster. I have been drooling over MiniVAP since 2009. Recently, I was most severely and irreparably attacked by the dreaded VAS. With my birthday on approach I went over to MiniVAP’s site to oggle yet again the dream that felt so out of reach for so long.
Switching the currency from euro to American dollar, the price still kicked my ass coming in on the product page at a crisp $430 (~$100 more than a Mighty, roughly). However, and this is where my fellow Americans should take note, when I decided to say “fuck it” and check to see just how much this glorious machine would cost, all in, I was happily surprised to find that when I entered my shipping information, the cost of the MiniVAP (I should mention that it’s the standard black portable version that I was pricing) came down to just $330. My VAS then stabbed me straight through the heart & I was smitten. It was all I could think about: figuring out how to convince my lovely wife to allow me another high-end, pricey vape purchase, when just in late December I went and spent all my Christmas money on a Crafty+, which ended up being a lateral move from my trusty Arizer Solo II.
Serendipity happened then when she asked what I wanted for my birthday. I struck back with “MiniVAP!” She says, “what’s that gonna cost us?” (My cart came in at a grand total of $407, with all the accessories I got with it, most of my cart in preparation for having to deal with navigating the mail ban for vapes here in the glorious United States empire—Freedom? What’s that?). So I ordered my MiniVAP w/ glass core a few days ago.
One question I do have (my anxiety and anticipation are off the charts for it’s arrival). How long does it take for the device to be shipped after payment has processed? I paid the extra cost for expedited shipping and my purchase just came out of my account this morning (ordered on Saturday). I’m super used to Amazon’s shipping policy, where they take your money out when they ship the item(s). Thanks in advance for any responses! Stoked to finally be a part of this community!

Last edited:

Pagan Zod

I’m not super worried about how long it should take to get here once it is shipped. Just trying to get a feel for Hermès procedures, so I can then adjust my excitement expectations. Most of the American comments on shipping in this thread talk about a 3-4 day time period to arrival. I’m just trying to get a feel for when they might ship it. Some companies only ship on certain days, because it’s more economical that way. I was curious if maybe the expedited shipping factors into shipping timeframe.

Last edited:

MonkeyTime

I’m not super worried about how long it should take to get here once it is shipped. Just trying to get a feel for Hermès procedures, so I can then adjust my excitement expectations. Most of the American comments on shipping in this thread talk about a 3-4 day time period to arrival. I’m just trying to get a feel for when they might ship it. Some companies only ship on certain days, because it’s more economical that way. I was curious if maybe the expedited shipping factors into shipping timeframe.

I've not had an order or contact in the recent year or year & 1/2, but it seemed to me in the past it was somewhat inconsistent. (time to ship)

My most recent purchase was my GC and some accessories, it shipped in about 2 days and was about 10 days on the road. The order before that was only accessories and it took about 2 weeks to ship and same on the road. Could be stock issues, could be how busy they were at each time.

Not sure what else you're comparing it to, but IMO, it blows the Mighty/Crafty and Solo II away in vapor quality. I really do love my Mighty!

Sn4Pz

Anyone have some accessories I can buy off of them?

I'm buying an entexchange minivap that doesn't come with any connections except for the WPA. I'm hoping to find the solid long mouthpiece, and maybe some of the cleaning bits from one of you guys?

I don't really want to wait for the shipping from overseas, so if you're in the US that would be great :)

Sn4Pz,

Pagan Zod

If you have the WPA coming with it, then I’d look at either j-hooks or bubblers that would fit the WPA.

Pagan Zod,
Reactions: Sn4Pz

Sn4Pz

If you have the WPA coming with it, then I’d look at either j-hooks or bubblers that would fit the WPA.
Already got a little rig I like to run dry, I would prefer to not use whips so I want the solid MP.
85034280d515fafb9dcfb04ce0d4c8bee806f566.jpeg

(Reused photo from the bowle thread lol)

Pagan Zod

Understandable. From everything I’ve read on this forum and in MiniVAP reviews and such, the standard mouthpiece sucks. However, I cannot speak from experience, as my MiniVAP has yet to arrive. That’s a badass piece of glass you have there as well.

kimura

the standard mouthpiece will slaughter your throat if used alone, and I haven't figured out a great way to use it to connect to a rig. I think I have a few lying around somewhere though.

at the risk of sounding like a broken record, my favorite way to use the mV, either with j hook or dry rig is the way @SixStringToker shows above. you definitely get style points for the basket lids. but you can just pop a rimmed screen inside the flexicone instead.

now I want to go make lids

Sn4Pz

Can anyone confirm if a BB9 stem fits on a MV? Lol

Not for water use, but just as a dry MP. Might as well use what I already have. I would like to use this extra time to order necessary accessories if need be :cheers:

Seems unlikely.

Last edited:
Sn4Pz,

Smknbud

Anyone have some accessories I can buy off of them?

I'm buying an entexchange minivap that doesn't come with any connections except for the WPA. I'm hoping to find the solid long mouthpiece, and maybe some of the cleaning bits from one of you guys?

I don't really want to wait for the shipping from overseas, so if you're in the US that would be great :)
I have the short angle straw, but as @kimura said it's unusable. I also have the long Flexicone, is that what you're talking about? I have not used either in many years.

Before I got my J-Hook I used a glass straw with a short piece of tubing I cut from a retired desktop vape whip. It worked rather well.

171454640.jpg

171454641.jpg

Sn4Pz

I have the short angle straw, but as @kimura said it's unusable. I also have the long Flexicone, is that what you're talking about? I have not used either in many years.

Before I got my J-Hook I used a glass straw with a short piece of tubing I cut from a retired desktop vape whip. It worked rather well.

171454640.jpg

171454641.jpg
I appreciate the reach out but I actually managed to find a vendor in Canada through someone's recommendation, and they hooked me up with
* Long flexicone 4 pack
* Oring screen 4 pack

I have g43 baskets, and I imagine theyre the same size? I think I want to use it without baskets anyways, I'm a cloud chaser kind of vaper.

Sn4Pz,

Smknbud

I appreciate the reach out but I actually managed to find a vendor in Canada through someone's recommendation, and they hooked me up with
* Long flexicone 4 pack
* Oring screen 4 pack

I have g43 baskets, and I imagine theyre the same size? I think I want to use it without baskets anyways, I'm a cloud chaser kind of vaper.
I can't answer to the G43 baskets since I have no idea what they are:). Which core did you get? I've always used a Flexicone with an O ring inserted along with the large basket.

Smknbud,
Reactions: Sn4Pz

Sn4Pz

I can't answer to the G43 baskets since I have no idea what they are:). Which core did you get? I've always used a Flexicone with an O ring inserted along with the large basket.
The seller is taking awhile to respond to me, and the unit pictured isnt actually on the minivap website as far as I can tell? So I dont really know lol :hmm:

Its a dark blue exterior with black colored top, so I assume its some kind of limited version, the buyer says its "LE" and that he bought it in 2020, but its certainly not the ocean blue one. Its odd. I might be missing something obvious though, the minivap lineup is kind of confusing from a newcomer's perspective.

I want to secure the purchase before I post its photo... so I wont post it, sorry:rofl:

Sn4Pz,

Pagan Zod

Its a dark blue exterior with black colored top, so I assume its some kind of limited version, the buyer says its "LE" and that he bought it in 2020, but its certainly not the ocean blue one. Its odd.
The dark blue is from the 2019 LE lineup, of which they only have the gold and fuchsia colors still available with that line on their online store. They are the same as the 2020 LEs as far as technology goes (they just don’t come with as many accessories as the 2020s). If you go to their downloads page and you look at the pdf catalogue, your blue MiniVAP is pictured in the LE section.

Kins

Isn't this basically the same as when it was released several years ago?. Now they have different colors though? Ok well why would one purchase a MiniVap when they already own a TinyMight?

Kins,

kimura

Isn't this basically the same as when it was released several years ago?. Now they have different colors though? Ok well why would one purchase a MiniVap when they already own a TinyMight?

it has actually gone through several updates since it launched including a completely redesigned heater core and an optional glass lined bowl.

mV can run as a plug-in / desktop instead of using batteries. It’s more of an around the house vape than a portable I’d want to carry around. Requires no technique other than a long steady draw to get complete extraction, and it’s super easy to keep clean. It’s totally consistent, and without quirks. My favorite thing about it is the vapor quality. but I’ve never used the TM so I can’t compare that...

Kins

it has actually gone through several updates since it launched including a completely redesigned heater core and an optional glass lined bowl.

mV can run as a plug-in / desktop instead of using batteries. It’s more of an around the house vape than a portable I’d want to carry around. Requires no technique other than a long steady draw to get complete extraction, and it’s super easy to keep clean. It’s totally consistent, and without quirks. My favorite thing about it is the vapor quality. but I’ve never used the TM so I can’t compare that...

I like to take my time while vaping so I've really come to love on-demand feature of the tiny might. So maybe I'd like this one after all I just read that it is also an on demand vape. Love to just sit and take occasional hits.

Last edited:
Kins,
Reactions: dimmusp
Top Bottom