• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

MiniVAP Vaporizer

MinnBobber

@xhexk , do you use the Flexicone baskets? They are great to preload and it takes less than 3 seconds to pop in a new, fresh flexi.

For those concerned about mV bowl size, be aware that it is bigger than Mighty/ Crafty bowl.

I could get 4 sessions out of a miniVAP bowl but prefer to load Flexicone 1/4 full for a single session.

The taste and effects and total extraction are awesome with this vape.

meduser#420

Fear & Loathing in FuckCombustion
Hey guys! I bought a used minivap and I cannot decide if it's functioning properly.

I have run three loads in three different ways but only an airy taste and no vapor production until red setting and it's whispy... I let it preheat for about five minutes or so on green. Then did like ten second pulls on it waiting probably two minutes between each. I got light headed from taking those big pulls. There was barely any flavor so I let my friend try and they didn't really taste anything either. I used a flexicone+ small basket. Next I tried the flexicone with the black mouthpiece. Finally I tried dropping the basket into the chamber with the hard white piece with the built in screen and the black mouthpiece again.

Is there a good test to see if it's me or the device?

Thanks group.

Last edited:

Shogun.

「Stand User」
Hey guys! I bought a used minivap and I cannot decide if it's functioning properly.

I have run three loads in three different ways but only an airy taste and no vapor production until red setting and it's whispy... I let it preheat for about five minutes or so on green. Then did like ten second pulls on it waiting probably two minutes between each. I got light headed from taking those big pulls. There was barely any flavor so I let my friend try and they didn't really taste anything either. I used a flexicone+ small basket. Next I tried the flexicone with the black mouthpiece. Finally I tried dropping the basket into the chamber with the hard white piece with the built in screen and the black mouthpiece again.

Thanks group.
Have you tried directly loading? That usually works for me when the vapor production seems low with the baskets.
Also I personally found better production with a good tamp if you haven't already been doing that

Shogun.,

Vizyt91

Thanks group.
Hi,
To me minivap is FLAVOR and CLOUDS with a long steady draw (10-15s) with Téflon or decarb kit even on pink but massive on green and red so I think there’s a problem with your unit.
Ps: new Colors available for the minivap but unfortunately i don’t like ‘em.

meduser#420

I've been emailing the minivap crew about getting it updated and even tried to just buy the update but I needed an account... Not sure what to do now. My only options are to buy a new core unit or send it back to seller. Any suggestions group?

meduser#420,

Goita

They are normally fairly good
about replying but sometimes can take a couple of days. How long have you been waiting?

Goita,

meduser#420

It's been over 4 days... I'm pretty patient about these things but if its fucked I need to send it back.

meduser#420,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
It's been over 4 days... I'm pretty patient about these things but if its fucked I need to send it back.
Maybe you can try to contact @stickstones it may help you to fasten things, although be quiet, they'll take care of you!

Found another way to use my Peek core with decarb kit (although it may work the same with the stock insert), I'm not a fan of this cones and flexicones, imo they tend to give me a bad aftertaste and since I begun to use my glass core with the @Aezhenn stems w/S&B dosing caps.

So I saw a MistVape stem, 14mm glass ground joint, I loaded it and just insert in the bowl, it fits perfectly and it tastes very, very better imo, even clouds production seems better!

I really need to start a pictutre thread about "vaporizers combinations" it looks like it's my favourite hobby!

stickstones

Vapor concierge
@meduser#420 It's probably getting warm but not hot.

Turn it up to red and let it stabilize. Then blow into the chamber. Does hot air bounce back out at you?

To really test it, turn it to red, let it stabilize. Pack herbs directly in the chamber (no basket) and let it sit another two minutes. Then take a hit and see how it goes. When you pack the oven, fill it loosely with a gentle tamp. You don't want to pack this one tightly.

If it still fails, you will need to contact minivap. Create an account if need be.

meduser#420

okay, thanks @stickstones That is exactly what I needed to know. Which top is recommended? I'll try the hard white one. Thank you.

edited: Okay so @stickstones I did what you said.. I let it sit after a red preheat and used the little black mouthpiece. I took about a fourteen second pull the first two hits knowing the first hits usually do not produce anything. After eight regular pulls I was back to the beginning when I first tested it which was wispy and I even let my big lunged friend take a huge pull but nothing... Also my herb looks basically the same(most still green).
So I bought a P.O.S. with a battery and charger. It's got a nice bag though..

I'll wait for the email. Thanks!

Last edited:
meduser#420,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
okay, thanks @stickstones That is exactly what I needed to know. Which top is recommended? I'll try the hard white one. Thank you.

edited: Okay so @stickstones I did what you said.. I let it sit after a red preheat and used the little black mouthpiece. I took about a fourteen second pull the first two hits knowing the first hits usually do not produce anything. After eight regular pulls I was back to the beginning when I first tested it which was wispy and I even let my big lunged friend take a huge pull but nothing... Also my herb looks basically the same(most still green).

That sucks. Yeah, if you don't hear back from them this week, let me know and I'll reach out to them after Christmas. If you're in the States, you can work the repair through them, and they will direct you to send it to me.

Vizyt91

Hi guys and gals,
After one month with my teflon-glass MV, i can say this vaporizer provide the tastiest vapor out of all of my vapes, i bought the complète kit and i think i will supplement it with a glass core . My goal is to have the teflon-glass plugged in to enjoy my tv evenings (long tastiest session) and the glass core with battery for around the house (quicker extraction ) during the day.
So really happy with this vape and really great communication with Hermes, have a nice day vapers.
Another thing, I’ve got a question to the MV owners who have a glass core with modified temperatures settings(higher temps vs stock) I will just vape flowers, no concentrates so is it worth it to ask for a higher temps calibration ?
Thks

Last edited:

Tweakz

as @Vizyt91 , I am also interested in this question, who did the temperature calibration, how much abv has become darker ? have hot spots appeared?

Tweakz,

SixStringToker

Naked member
I’ve got a question to the MV owners who have a glass core with modified temperatures settings(higher temps vs stock) I will just vape flowers, no concentrates so is it worth it to ask for a higher temps calibration ?
It was definitely worth it for me.

I have two MVs with glass cores; one with stock temperatures and one with custom (210C, 220C, 235C, 245C). The stock MV wasn't *quite* getting the level of extraction that I wanted, though I was still happy with it. I wasn't even using the lowest temperature setting. The custom MV is dialed in near perfect for me & the way that I use my MV.

@Tweakz, I use the cones without the lid and haven't had any hot spots with my custom temps. The ABV is definitely darker, tho I'm not sure how to quantify that other than to say that it's darker by just the right amount for me! :D

Last edited:

Vape Halen

I do seem to have a similiar problem: my Golden Special Edition MV I got in November doesnt seem to produce much vapor either. I use the big basket - sometimes without a screen - because thats recommended in the manual and I only really see some vapor on the red temperature level, and even then its at best - and only for 2-3 draws - the amount I get out of an Airizer Solo II. so far I couldnt test it too often, but that doesnt fit the descriptions and quite glowing reviews about this vaporizer.

May I ask you about Minivaps response, do they have a clue whats wrong? and did you get a special edition too? thx!

Edit: in the end my herb does look evenly cooked and crispy though, so there is definitly something working, I just wonder where all the vapour goes

Vape Halen,

meduser#420

Hi @Vape Halen That sounds strange, did you buy yours from Minivap? I bought mine used. The response was they weren't going to diagnose it, just update it, and I was really curious to hear what the problem was. I cannot wait to get it back so that I can compare it from before.

Vape Halen

Hi @Vape Halen That sounds strange, did you buy yours from Minivap? I bought mine used. The response was they weren't going to diagnose it, just update it, and I was really curious to hear what the problem was. I cannot wait to get it back so that I can compare it from before.

Welp, I was too stupid to use the Flexicone correctly, with the help of Hermes I figured it out and now I got to say this is a great vaporizer, just perfect to kick back on a lazy evening. Love the pure convection taste (teflon-glas core) and the dosing options that come with the different basket sizes.

Hermes customer support really is world class, by far the best I experienced from vaporizer companies so far 🥇

Top Bottom