• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

MiniVAP Vaporizer

lazylathe

Almost there...
Has anyone ever disassembled a minivap?

I dropped mine and thought I would take it apart to look for damage but as soon as I removed the bottom two screws stuff started going wrong. I've emailed Patricia. Hopefully I can get it working again - I really love this device :(((

Calling the great and mighty @stickstones for vital assistance!!!

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Has anyone ever disassembled a minivap?

I dropped mine and thought I would take it apart to look for damage but as soon as I removed the bottom two screws stuff started going wrong. I've emailed Patricia. Hopefully I can get it working again - I really love this device :(((

Oof. Very little good comes from that, unfortunately. I had to be taught the assembly sequence. How much stuff did you pull out?

Thx for the heads up, @lazylathe !

VapeEnthusiast

Troy's Army
How much stuff did you pull out?

I pulled out the bottom two screws. I can't get them back in and now there is a white piece of plastic that's loose somewhere in the assembly. No idea what that is.

E: there may also be some damage from the drop itself. My unit was buzzing which I don't remember from before. The glass bowl is also cracked.

Last edited:
VapeEnthusiast,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I pulled out the bottom two screws. I can't get them back in and now there is a white piece of plastic that's loose somewhere in the assembly. No idea what that is.

E: there may also be some damage from the drop itself. My unit was buzzing which I don't remember from before. The glass bowl is also cracked.

The white piece is probably one of the light shields. Check to see if your lights look the same. If they look fine, then it's the intake tube that separates the air path from the electronics. If it's the light shields, those are a bitch to get in place. If it's the intake tube, I'd stop using it. But I'd stop using it based on the broken glass anyhow. I suggest hitting up MV to look into a repair.

Pablopicasso

I already know my answer, but I'll not taint your testing with my opinion.

Game on!
Thanks to let me test it with out conditions:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:it was just for science:rockon:.
The glass is just to powerful but there is always a small place for the Teflon in my heart, because they are different in the way they extracts ,Teflon is good for the day because extracts more cannabinoids in acid form and I can be functional,then about 8pm when I'm done with my priorities I can indulge with glass core for more sadation.:peace:
Can't say much yet but I being lucky to have a chat with minivap creator and he is testing new accessories and a new core...but until everything is properly tasted can't say much yet.
He is making vapes from 10 years and have the will to always get it better, but he is not rushing things because experience suggest to test test and test before customer can enjoy it.

Last edited:

buckhakeesah

Thanks for the tid bit of info you're able to share. We are all on the side lines waiting for any new info on a new MV. I just picked up a glass core recently from a generous FC'r but it arrived cracked so was thinking RMA but maybe I'll ride this out and see what this new core will be. Cheers all!

buckhakeesah,
Reactions: MinnBobber

Pablopicasso

Thanks for the tid bit of info you're able to share. We are all on the side lines waiting for any new info on a new MV. I just picked up a glass core recently from a generous FC'r but it arrived cracked so was thinking RMA but maybe I'll ride this out and see what this new core will be. Cheers all!
Sorry to hear that, don't really know when the new core is going to be out,they are in the testing part.
My rma from minivap was 60 euros, don't know in USA,but you could ask stickstones...hi is the man.
Soon I will have some info from minivap bout studies that they made in Holland in collaboration with bedrocan about temperature inside the cores,and I got permission to make them public,they are about inhalation and how the temperature inside the core is affected by them, something like if you take time between inhalations temperature will be less an save material but if you a greedy I will be more and extracting faster,is like the vape adapt to your style.
Can't wait to see and share for some knowledge.

Last edited:

jerri

How would the minivap compare to the Plenty vape I use Plenty as a session vape on front porch thinking about adding a vape

jerri,

Wildvoodoomagic

How is the airflow on the minivap? Is it tight or loose? Heavy draw strength? I am looking for a new vape that has a looser airflow and I dont need to pull very hard. My current vape strains my chest muscles a bit. By what Ive seen it seems to have nice airflow but its so hard to tell from youtube videos.

Wildvoodoomagic,

Choices

Frankly it tastes so good you pull harder! :) Seriously it is very open in my opinion and very easy on the lungs.

Choices,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
How is the airflow on the minivap? Is it tight or loose? Heavy draw strength? I am looking for a new vape that has a looser airflow and I dont need to pull very hard. My current vape strains my chest muscles a bit. By what Ive seen it seems to have nice airflow but its so hard to tell from youtube videos.
Seriously it is very open in my opinion and very easy on the lungs.
Personnaly I would say it's restricted but I agree it's easy on the lungs especially the QGC. Not tighthly restricted but there is enough restriction to notice it. I think that restriction is here in order to match the heater power, too much airflow will overpower the heater. Although I think the more powerfull QGC could still works well with a larger airflow...

Wildvoodoomagic

The MV is around 14 l/min. Plenty is 30 l/min and very open. Mighty/Crafty = 10 l/min.

if you want no draw resistance you might consider bag vaporizers.
How/where do you find this information? Would be great to know what my current cfx does.

Personnaly I would say it's restricted but I agree it's easy on the lungs especially the QGC. Not tighthly restricted but there is enough restriction to notice it. I think that restriction is here in order to match the heater power, too much airflow will overpower the heater. Although I think the more powerfull QGC could still works well with a larger airflow...
I certainly dont need a bag/no restriction on the air flow. Just a lot freer than my current cfx thats like pulling thru 2 coffee stirrers lol

Wildvoodoomagic,

Michel

How/where do you find this information? Would be great to know what my current cfx does.

Those information are available here in the forum and, of course, on the storz n bickel website.

I have been in contact several times with Jorge and Patricia from HM and they gave me those information for the MV’s airflow.

I don’t know about the CFX since I don’t have one but you might contact the manufacturer or someone else might chime in.

triskelion

Using QGC direct load no basket through the bubbler, no restriction just milk:) The nebula from vape exhale works perfect for dry hits.

triskelion,

VirginVape10X

I’m interested in the Limited Edition orange MV, but am slightly concerned with the use of Teflon because I haven’t come across another vaporizer that uses this material. I know I won’t be vaping above 300 degrees Celsius, at which point I’d be inhaling toxic chemicals/fumes that can potentially lead to Teflon flu, so should I really be concerned about the unit ever reaching these temps?

VirginVape10X,
Reactions: dimmusp

Michel

For all/most vaporizers ? Where?... in the dedicaced threads I believe!
I would like to know the number a Vapexhale offer for comparative purpose, although thank you for sharing your knowledge @Michel !

you are right, the hundreds of pages in the dedicated threads on fc are full of great tips, tweaks and informations, but it’s not always easy to find them. I can mostly share information about vaporizers I own myself and the vapexhale isn’t among them...

I’m interested in the Limited Edition orange MV, but am slightly concerned with the use of Teflon because I haven’t come across another vaporizer that uses this material. I know I won’t be vaping above 300 degrees Celsius, at which point I’d be inhaling toxic chemicals/fumes that can potentially lead to Teflon flu, so should I really be concerned about the unit ever reaching these temps?

You could buy the glass-glass version if you are concerned. No Teflon in the air path iirc. All glass apart the heater which is aluminium, I think. You could send an email to Hermes, they are very responsive. The MV is used in different medical studies so I guess the vapor quality, extraction rate and material safety shouldn’t be the badest...

Shogun.

「Stand User」
Finally narrowed down my next device to the Minivap, now all that's left is the core.
I was wondering if the GQC is heating up material while it's loaded since it's part conduction? I'm looking to have it turned on at home for on demand use but also flavor doesn't matter to me as much as vapor production, especially when I take it camping and use it with small groups and such.

I'm also wondering if the decarboxylation kit would solve my problem, or how it compares to the glass core

Last edited:

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
The GC Minivap definitely adds conduction, however not at a high enough temperature to vaporizer cannabinoids and terpenes passively - the conduction warms the load while the convection seemingly does the bulk of the action.

I feel as though this is true seeing as I leave a load in the Minivap for an hour on end with no change in potency, even without hits.

Top Bottom